Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Arbite posted:

It seemed like there was about to be a special end credit sequence with the doctor looking out the window but then it smash cut to the regular one.

Is that just me?

They sometimes add a little epilogue like this to individual stories. Like last episode for example one of them showed that Kaguya actually read the manga and loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I see a lot of people related to this episode a lot but I found this boyfriend guy a bit too over the top. He was a manipulating liar and cheating on his gf AND sharing their sex video AND threatening to beat her?? I know people like him really exist but isn't it a bit much for high school drama? He comes off like some kind of caricatural evil chad

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Raenir Salazar posted:

He's basically Shinji. The VA even sounded similar.

Who? :'D Sorry, I'm an anime noob. The only Shinji I know is Shinji Ikari

AnoHito posted:

This is a school for super rich people; he probably doesn't even hit the 80th percentile in terms of evil.

lol, fair. But it diminished the drama for me somewhat

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Sankara posted:

In a setting of "girl who is the heiress of a family that owns 70% of the world's wealth" and "girl who can fluently speak five languages in addition to being a worldwide top tier musical prodigy" going to a school where "every single important person in Japan attends", he's the most realistic character ever depicted on the show. Dudes like this are a dime a dozen. It's called patriarchy.

The thing is though that in majority of fiction I know if the character like that appears it's always in this specific context, i.e. the main character, an outsider, likes a girl and this girl has an rear end in a top hat boyfriend but only the mc knows that and because of that he's bullied by the boyfriend while the girl remains blissfully unaware and usually unharmed. Whereas in reality the women are the victims. It makes the girl seem like just a subject of contention between the guys and her abusive relationship is mc's drama.

I'm probably overthinking it though. Death to patriarchy and many hugs to Ishigami

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
It would be nice though to see a female character having more agency in a situation that ultimately revolves around her?

I dunno, it's just a personal pet peeve of mine I'm afraid. People get bullied and ostracised in school for all sorts of reasons and this scenario just seems a bit too contrived for my liking.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I was watching thinking 'hm, doesn't feel like final episode, odd', and then they went and exploded that balloon, wtf

Next season is gonna be postapocalyptic drama where Kaguya and Miyuki join forces in order to take down Subject F before it destroys the world entirely.

Oh, and an extremely bad opinion icoming, proceed with caution:

The openings were fine, I guess? They fit the show nicely but I don't get why everybody loves them so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
https://twitter.com/AniTrendz/status/1320299456353349633