Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Wait did they really just not translate the Gigako and Makki-sen jokes at all? Thanks Funi, always love it when subs just leave on-screen text completely untranslated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Agronox posted:

I should've watched this episode much earlier this week! They're really doing a great job, particularly with the moon gazing segment. Kaguya's VA kicks rear end.

No 80s western pop sound-alike this week, though, unless I missed it. If it was at the very end when Shirogane is submitting the application I didn't recognize it.

Please enjoy a pensive (or plotting?) Fujiwara:

Well, there was the X-Files theme in the first part.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Yeah it's actually kinda weird that Miko has as much support as she does among the first years. Like I guess the explanation is just meant to be that most of them don't actually give a poo poo about who they're voting for and are just voting purely on name recognition, but considering her policies and her attitude you'd think the first years would be more likely to just look at the candidates and go "Oh god anybody but Iino" and just throw in their vote for Pres or Hongo instead. Especially considering later chapters make it clear that she's widely hated among the first years and even very heavily bullied, so the idea of them going "sure I'll vote for miss hardass" seems kinda weird. Maybe the actual explanation is that they're all just voting for her as a joke candidate. It'd certainly be more realistic than how these things usually go in anime.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Count me among the people who hated the dub narrator. The juxtaposition between how deathly serious they treat their dumbass teenager problems and how totally not-serious they actually are is the entire joke, and the super dramatic narrator also treating everything completely seriously is a huge part of that. Having the narrator be in on the joke just kills it.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Do we know when exactly it'll be airing on Japanese TV? Hopefully if it's not too long after the theatre run then fansubs will be out relatively quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

They're releasing it like that cause that's how it's airing in Japan.