Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Moeha would go far as a character in Kakegurui. Seriously creepy.

I laughed incredibly hard at both of the first two episodes but the Kaguya Court scene was next level.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Here's a good side-by-side comparison of the Monogatari scene:

https://twitter.com/PhantomCat_1204/status/1260525518673154050

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

I like the sub narrator because having deathly serious Akagi-style play by play juxtaposed against their incredibly cute and low stakes flirting is hilarious.

I like the dub narrator because it's like you're watching along with a charismatic goofball friend who read the manga and is filling in the usually unspoken subtext, like catching you up on some wholesome insider gossip.

Both are good.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Season 2 ended with them playing the game where they took turns inflating a balloon until it popped and blew up the whole school.

efb

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

I didn't mind it at all, I found it pretty effective. If that's them saving production resources (and I think it is), then more than anything else it just makes me hype for whatever they're allocating those resources towards instead.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Apparently the movie will be airing on TV and the theatrical release is more of a pre-screening:

https://twitter.com/anime_kaguya/status/1546509623342993408

I'm curious to see if this ups the odds of some sort of simulcast release through Crunchyroll. I'd almost wonder if it will be chopped up into a proper episodic anime arc like with Demon Slayer/the last 2 episodes of season 3. Based on nothing but speculation, but I'd also think this makes a season 4 somewhat more likely, just for the fact that canon material won't be stuck in a theatrical release.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 11, 2022