Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

yeah okay i'll do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I want to be a blitzball when I grow up

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I would like to report that while I have not received my role PM I'm really hoping for it to be scum

I have a letter from the future addressed to me saying "ur dum" so I don't think I'm gonna get it though

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I'm the awful mobile game final fantasy

couldn't I have been tactics or something

who's tactics, swap with me

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Xad posted:

There's like four mobile FF's at least

what

whyyyyyyyyy

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Rhjamiz posted:

Guys I'm Bravely Default

wait poo poo

obviously scum ##vote clord

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Xad posted:

Final Fantasy Dimensions 1 and 2, Mobius Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, Final Fantasy Record Keeper

oh wait don't forget FFIV the after years

I had that on my phone in japan

couldn't play it because I don't moonspeak

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

he was scum but now that I took over it is towniest town

makes sense

##vote clord

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

I guess all the ff games are good.

FF13 is a game that exists to invalidate your statement

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

I finally completed it. My comprehensive analysis of every post in the thread. Incoming analysis.....

toalpaz.exe has crashed

Abort, Retry, Fail?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

This is a review of every player in the game. People with an S- are those that I think are scummy.

Well now that we're well and truly out of jokephase at this point I suppose I ought do the same instead of just sniping at the 20 minute gap there.

I will admit that posting at all on day 1 makes me a bit jumpy nowadays, as it seems the only way I've survived a D1 is to... scumclaim?

anyway I'll start posting my thoughts

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

I even keep them in the same order, so it should be easy to understand. So why did they misread it the same way.

My thought is mostly because you used a proper noun in one sentence and not in the other?

It's certainly possible to misread it if you're skimming.

I'd phrase it as "I think trying Gulag to turbo infinitum off the bat could be conceived as scummy. I think that Infinitum trying to start thunderdomes is scummy."

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Wouldn't you just read it twice?

Yes. This is why I lean to agreeing with your read, but for a different reason- not that they're planning around your post and twisting it, but more that they just completely missed it the first time around and are maybe doubling down.

Scum doesn't really think about posts that aren't about them or their immediate targets as hard as town does, in my experience. So that could have contributed to the misread.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

okay here's my opinions:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

oh and I guess ##unvote

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This is Lurker AA, not scum AA.

There would be a lot more try hard villainy and obvious "mustache twirls"

Its d1, I've got no solid opinion. People who do look more suspect. Classic scum tells. You're welcome.

:regd09:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

also I guess I'd:

mason toalpaz- I still feel I can get reliable reads on toalpaz, especially with a private masonry. also toalpaz is a good masonry partner
vote AA- I am also suspicious of them feeling the need to deny my possible scum read on them
vig quid/bif- quid because they'd help inform my AA feelings, plus they're maybe scum. bif because bif cannot be trusted

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I didn't even see it :v:

I was hyped up for this pre-game start, and still want to get involved. I just got struck with stress and listlessness right after the game started lol, but I'm working through it.

I feel ways about paz, but I like paz and they always roll scum, I'll give them the benefit of doubt for the day.

I like this list. Feels like a solus list, but do you think I'm scum so much that you'd have to vig quid or bif for clarity. That's suspicious mate.

Bif was a joke in that list, but vigging quid is because I think they're scummier than you are, and I'd rather play those odds instead of vigging you first

plus it's day 1, if I had a dayvig, I'd totally use it because of having a dayvig

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

##vote binus

roll them dice, I guess.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

so I just want to confirm that A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH HAH HAH HA TIDUS LAUGH

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

should I start playing ff again folks my dudes starting on game 1

having played a lot of ff games

no

unless, that is, you intend to start with FFT and go down that path

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I personally recommend waiting for:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

ive only played i ii iv and an hour of vii, and crystal chronicles and advanced tactics a2

play FFT and FFTA, this is the best recommendation I can give you

and if you must play another main-sequence game, pick 6, 9, or 12

probably 6 though

or play five during four job fiesta

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

Five has a paper thin story but the job system is a lot of fun

it's all about the mechanics for 5, yeah

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Looking at this I think Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Incandenza, Infinitum, SolusLunes are easily some of the worst voters.

Uh....

So I personally believe that Infinitum and AA are either scum together or Town together, both of them have claims in thread that are reasonably easy to understand, uncountered, and don't seem like scum. In addition they've been upfront about their actions and so far haven't seem like anti-town actions. So I don't think Infinitum is good today.

I'd probably do Solus, Tobbs, and Hal in that order. Hal's town read of AA could be scum knowledge rather than meta knowledge.

so I'm going to 100% agree with you on my vote being awful as poo poo, especially since I thought binus was town

However

my super special power depends on me being the hammering vote, which is why I waited until the last minute and jumped on it

I figured D1 would be the best time to Not Screw Things Up

(also yes I was gone all day, poo poo happens, more posting will happen today)

I still hope to make hammering votes but it's not nearly as important as the first one was for me

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

I have important info

Oh, right- Gulag, what was the important info here?

I was re-reading people for D2 and I think this got forgotten about.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

I think its a joke that gulag likes to do. Because they could have just put it in the post where they say 'I have important info'. The two posts are stylized so that Gulag posts one, then it gives the impression that Gulag reads hammer, and they post another.

But why wouldn't you just post your important info in the main post. This isn't twitter. It's gotta be a stylized joke post formatted for two posts. Set up and punch line.

poo poo, you're probably right.

Though I would feel better hearing that from Gulag.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Okay so I did another list read, with the votes from D1 taken into account, and a LOT of :tinfoil:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

also I updated my personal version to include the flips of the dead people, so binus is roleblock/glitch, bif is watcher

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

wait, if inf actually targeted hum then how did I get redirected by inf.

imgay targeted humalong, not inf. Inf targeted you, and I should probably add that to my read of him. And I should correct my humalong thing because I totally put inf when I meant imgay

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

corrections:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Jonathan Fisk posted:

There is no reasonable basis to read me as scum after D1 :colbert:

that's just, like, your opinion, man

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

okie dokies

:pwn:

tl;dr let's lynch tobbs or imgay

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Infinitum posted:

I have no case today other than my previous suspicions on Fisk, plus the swing votes that happened late in D1

Don't know why Solus randomly claimed a hammering empowerment ability with no prompt though

because you and other people wanted to start casting shade at my hammer D1 and I'm nipping that in the bud

I mean come on you even did it in this post even if it wasn't exactly at me

pluuuuuuuuuus I don't want to vote now so I can get another hammer

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm not a lurker. Your chart is dumb and also wrong. Congrats on putting effort into something that is utterly trash and meaningless.

I'm so glad you're here

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

tl;dr let's lynch tobbs or imgay

I take it back toalpaz let's lynch pig

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

28766f69642a2930 posted:

interesting how you dangle this out there. But don’t have the cojones to follow through ##unvote

it's almost like I've said multiple times that I'm trying for the hammer :thunk:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

yeah basically we have barely shared any info and have mostly just been accusing each other of being scum.

are you guys the tactics series

because that sounds thematically appropriate for that masonchat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

YOU FELL INTO MY TRAP

##vote toalpaz

what are you even doing