Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Big winners tonight?
This poll is closed.
Jones/Cyborg 28 36.84%
Jones/Nunes 18 23.68%
Gus/Cyborg 9 11.84%
Gus/Nunes 21 27.63%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

PPV
Light Heavyweight Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson
Women's Featherweight Cris Cyborg (c) vs. Amanda Nunes
Welterweight Carlos Condit vs. Michael Chiesa
Light Heavyweight Ilir Latifi vs. Corey Anderson
Featherweight Chad Mendes vs. Alexander Volkanovski

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Heavyweight Andrei Arlovski vs. Walt Harris
Women's Featherweight Cat Zingano vs. Megan Anderson
Bantamweight Douglas Silva de Andrade vs. Petr Yan
Lightweight B.J. Penn vs. Ryan Hall

Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Bantamweight Andre Ewell vs. Nathaniel Wood
Middleweight Uriah Hall vs. Bevon Lewis
Welterweight Curtis Millender vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
Catchweight (137 lbs.) Brian Kelleher vs. Montel Jackson

Look, we all know why we're watching this poo poo. We're all hoping Jon Jones gets his rear end kicked, but we also all know it's not going to happen. No amount of wishing will make it happen. In the mean time, enjoy some of the decent fights that are on this card that are getting overshadowed by that motherfucker.

irc.synirc.net #mma or use the Web Client because we're all chilling in there

DumbWhiteGuy fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
https://twitter.com/alf8622/status/863198225267699712

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
hell of a pictogram in the OP, OP

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

jay z's sedan posted:

hell of a pictogram in the OP, OP

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

The Turinabrawl.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Ah but you see.

That verse is better translated as "go through" all things. Or "endure" all things. It's about god strengthening you through hard times. Not a magic. Jesus let's me be a superhero verse.

It is 100% reactive and passive, "god helps me through things" and not at all active "I can do all super cool things through..."

This is something dumbass athletes have been loving up for years. I remember Ben "Bendo" Henderson choking back tears trying to say his verse when he lost the title. And all I could think is, you idiot it ACTUALLY applies now! This is it's when you should take comfort in your faith and endure all things through Christ who strengthens you.

All that to say. If Jones has actual faith and didnt just think god liked him best therefore he is the best, he could take comfort now in his trying times of being caught being a cheating cheater. Especially since he's a sociopath and clearly the victim.

:dawkins101: Bless.

Also MMA fans. Jesus did tap

Romans (Submission Verbal due to crucifix ) Jesus

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
dont do drugs kids

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

dont do drugs kids

Unless those drugs make you a multiple time world champion and really goddamn rich with little or no consequences

Then why would you not

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Unless those drugs make you a multiple time world champion and really goddamn rich with little or no consequences

Then why would you not

Possible :nws:

Mod Edit: Use the tag for a post like this. Enjoy the show!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 29, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wish I could watch this, I wonder if I will get news first whether Jones’ won by decision or got a KO/Submission, or if the news of some other horrible corrupt thing he/UFC did gets to me first.

Also go Nunes!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
it amazes me that somehow UFC has worse drug testing than wwe who really dont want to catch you but will actually suspend top guys who are subject to the policy

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Wish I could watch this, I wonder if I will get news first whether Jones’ won by decision or got a KO/Submission, or if the news of some other horrible corrupt thing he/UFC did gets to me first.

Also go Nunes!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
To paraphrase CommonShore

Watching UFC 232 is reminiscint of Ortolan, in that you consume, but you feel intense shame for having participated.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Lid posted:

Watching UFC 232 is reminiscint of Ortolan, in that you consume, but you feel intense shame for having participated.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lid posted:

relevant:

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1064907526754496513

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
WHO WILL PAY DANA'S INCOME TAX

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Mods probate me until Jon Jones gets a clean win in the UFC please/

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Grem posted:

Mods probate me until Jon Jones gets a clean win in the UFC please/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaFESeKmxcM

mewse
May 2, 2006

Wow.. to do that to a black guy is Real Problematic

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

mewse posted:

Wow.. to do that to a black guy is Real Problematic

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lol. I now believe the "pulsating" theory, it's just his abs that are doing it.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Lol. I now believe the "pulsating" theory, it's just his abs that are doing it.

the jon jones dick snapchat is not easily available to me so you'll just have to settle with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWy_WWU6VzA

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I've never seen the version of the snapchat that actually shows Jon's dick. For me it's like the black and white French techno Kongo vs. Yvel video that was fatherdog's white whale.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
I've heard of the snapchat dick pic but I don't think it exists on the internet

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
The whole "Timeline" vid is great, but I enjoyed this part in particular (skip to 38:20 if I goofed things up)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQJ_XO_VoLo&t=2300s

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jones is a piece of poo poo but somehow i hate mccgreggor more. i hope he wins.

amanda doesnt stand a chance against cyborg and i hope she doesnt try to box with her, it will end badly.

i will watch this show

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

jones is a piece of poo poo but somehow i hate mccgreggor more. i hope he wins.

Jones isn't fighting McGregor

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Jones isn't fighting McGregor

i know both are idiots but somehow im a fan of jbj

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mods and MMA Gods please save us from the JBJ Menace

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

PS Cold Blooded Sociopath Pisses Hot (Again) was the better thread title

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

From a pure storyline perspective - no matter how implausible - I want DC to be the only person who beats Jones

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gus is the Great White Hype.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rewatched the first bout since it's a free fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNKR65ZgT28

Scored it myself:

Gus Jones Notes
Rd 1 10 9 Gus gets takedown, receives eye poke
Rd 2 10 9 Gus catches a kick and tosses JBJ - 6 failed takedown attempts by JBJ - big head kick by JBJ
Rd 3 10 9 Jones mouth is open breathing hard. Rogan is talking about JBJ's leg kicks and ignoring Gus's punches to the body which are gassing JBJ
Rd 4 9 10 Gus openly teeing off on Jon around the 2:30 mark. Jon fails 2 more takedowns. Gus hurt with spinning elbow near end of round
Rd 5 9 10 Gus looks sharp, punches and foot movement. Jones completes first takedown of the fight. Gus gets up almost immediately. Around 2 minutes left, Gus gasses.

The official scorecards were total horseshit:

Judge Doug Crosby
Rd. 1: Gustafsson 10-9
Rd. 2: Gustafsson 10-9
Rd. 3: Jones 10-9
Rd. 4: Jones 10-9
Rd. 5: Jones 10-9

Judge Richard Bertrand
Rd. 2: Jones 10-9
Rd. 3: Gustafsson 10-9

Judge Chris Lee
Rd. 2: Jones 10-9
Rd. 3: Jones 10-9

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Haha they didn't tell CSAC about the two abnormal tests in August and September and this was Jeff Novitskys response. https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1079085786866176000

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Can't help but think this is going to be like Silva vs Sonnen 2 where Gus has nothing for him and gets clowned

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Can't help but think this is going to be like Silva vs Sonnen 2 where Gus has nothing for him and gets clowned

My gut has been saying this all week sadly, I hope we aren't correct.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Jon would actually be likeable if he wasn't a massive hypocrite. Just stop preaching the bs god poo poo and go full villain.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ulio posted:

Jon would actually be likeable if he wasn't a massive hypocrite. Just stop preaching the bs god poo poo and go full villain.

I think he tried that and it seemed even more pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jones beating cromier agains was extremelly good