Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

:frogsiren: POST YOUR IN-GAME NAME HERE TO GET INVITE TO PC GOON CLAN :frogsiren:
:siren: LINK TO GOON DISCORD SERVER HERE - for all things HiRezy (Smite/Hand of the Gods, Paladins, and Realm Royale holdouts) :siren:

Table of Contents
  • 0.0 - Introduction
  • 1.0 - End of Season 5 Changes
  • 2.0 - Season 6
  • 3.0 - Beyond Season 6
  • 4.0 - Resources, Media, Other Links
  • 5.0 - Credits, Archives, Miscellany
0.0 - Introduction

Welcome to the Season 6 (and beyond) thread for Smite!

If you're completely new to Smite or MOBAs in general, watch this cinematic trailer or this quick introduction guide. For more tutorials, watch this playlist.

:eng101: For more thorough wall-of-text and to learn the complete ins and outs, check out the first and second posts of the Season 2 thread*. :eng101:

For MOBA veterans that are new to Smite, or any HotS/Paragon refugees, read this mechanics guide: The Word of Thoth.

This thread will be a little bit different from previous years. I will not be updating this one as much, so I'll keep it as general and streamlined as possible in order to allow it to remain as the premiere Smite/TitanForge/HiRez discussion thread (unless someone else wants to take up the mantle). I may continue to change and update this if demand warrants it; please feel free to critique the OP as a talking point for discussions!

*some links may no longer work and some UI/cosmetics might be outdated, but most of the information in the Season 2 thread is still sound.

1.0 - End of Season 5 Changes

Before we get into Season 6, here's a quick recap of upcoming changes that were confirmed at (or right after) HRX: 2.0 - Season 6

As of the end of Season 5, nothing much was teased going into Season 6 except the next gods (after the Arthurians) will be Jormungandr, Set, and Horus (and some other vague references). However, going off past seasons and Smite history/trends, we can probably assume or expect the following:
  • No new Conquest or Arena art since they were just done for Season 5, but potentially new Assault art since it's the 'last' major mode to have an artistic update
  • Potential inclusion of PS4 crossplay (depending on Sony)
  • Potential new pantheons for 'one-off' gods (TitanForge declaring they no longer want to "fully flesh out each pantheon" means we could have pantheons with only a few gods and that's it)
  • Pantheons that are commonly requested (Sumerian/Mesopotamian, African, Native American), gods that are commonly requested (Baldr, monsters or non-humanoids)
  • More experimental techs which hopefully leads to more unique and interesting kits (Arthur paving the way for 'action combat' playstyle). Emphasis on kits that are just fun to play.
  • Adventures will most likely continue (potential return to old modes like Domination again?)
  • Typical events will return, like: Odyssey, SPL season ticket (battle pass?), "Summer of Smite", HRX, Smite's Birthday, yearly charity events
  • Project Olympus performing some QoL server backbone and/or client-side QoL improvements
  • Drastic matchmaking and queueing changes are unlikely, but there is a potential for tweaking once Switch playerbase stabilizes
  • Cosmetics on top of cosmetics (jumping/death/call-back animations, changing minion/GF/FG/Titan models, changing map/HUD/UI textures)
  • Everything will be more expensive than previous years. Events will have more tiers, bundles, chests, and 'fluff'
Obviously there will be item/meta changes throughout the season, but we most likely won't see grand sweeping changes.

Look for more slow incremental changes to counteract common meta complaints. Will we see the burst (or huge crit) meta come back? A healer meta? Magical hunter meta? Aggressive warriors in solo lane? Will we ever see a viable double jungle?

2.1 - Season 6 Patch Notes
Notes are available here. Nothing new from what we've learned from HRX except for the following note-worthy changes:
  • Normal and Ranked Conquest will now have role queue (pick 2 roles)
  • Malice reworked passive for some reason
  • Minor health buff to warriors across the board
  • Bacchus' chug has a 'rank 0' which costs 35 mana but does not give protections
  • Loki hit chain progression nerf (and subsequently aa-cancel-Hydra's nerf)
  • Thoth Evade & Punish trades stun in for root/slow but gains piercing
  • More variety of objectives to take in Conquest jungle, and the jungle is easier to kill early on
3.0 - Beyond Season 6

Besides the typical season changes, here are some purely speculative over-arching changes which could eventually come to Smite:
  • Pantheons that aren't quite classic mythologies; if King Arthur is allowed in Smite, could we see other kind of "gods" like Gilgamesh, 'Journey to the West' characters, D&D-inspired (Gruumsh, Moradin) or 'Lovecraftian' pantheons?
  • Revamp of class system (defined physical/magical equivalents for each class?)
  • Revamp of item and/or stat mechanics (class or role-specific items, or more items that are 'locked')
  • Revamp of relics (class/role/mode specific)
  • Matchmaking/queueing changes
  • Revamp of conquest vs. ranked conquest (will that 'elite' queue, with picks & bans, ever come to casual conquest?)
  • Streamlining/condensing of modes (will Siege or Clash ever be removed?)
  • Focusing on niche modes (Assault-only items or mechanics?), creation of a proper capture & hold mode (smaller Domination?)
  • Spin-offs to other platforms/media (Smite miniatures? Smite board game???)
  • Push/incentives for streamers (Mixer/Twitch/etc?) or a rotating TitanForge streamer schedule
  • More community involvement (cosplay/artwork contests)
4.0 - Resources, Media, Other Links

Smite.gg for ranked statistics, or "what do you mean Nike/Arachne are top win?"

SmiteGuru for simulated casual epeen elo scoring

The Word of Thoth - anyone interested in learning how builds work or how to come up with builds on their own needs to read this guide.

Smite item/god builder

Can't decide on a god? Random Smite God Wheel has you covered.

Pronunciation of Old Norse Gods' Names, Part 1 and Part 2 :black101:

5.0 - Credits, Archives, Miscellany
Smite Release Thread
Smite Season 2 Thread
Smite Season 3 Thread
Smite Season 4 Thread
Smite Season 5 Thread

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

[reserved for potential expansion of OP]

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Hi i play on xbone.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
Another YouTube channel people might find useful: http://www.youtube.com/user/noobabble/featured

I haven't really gone through it but seems really dedicated to Smite and has constant updates on everything. Really straightforward thumbnails/titles.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
Kick off Season 6(+) with a free Alienware Ra skin

PM me, I've got 2 left

coca bojangles fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 29, 2018

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I did some more testing with Nem ult, and yeah the %health damage is mitigated by protections before she steals it.

So when she's ulting a tanky target, she's probably dealing closer to 10-15% of their current health, not 30%.

Thanatos scythe (dealing 10% of target's max health), Qin's (3-5% health), and even the proc off Soul Reaver (2-7% health) are all subjected to protections.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
Well I guess that's yet another reason pen is so good.

I asked this in the last thread and I didn't see if anyone knew so I'll ask again. I've been playing since like 2012 or 13 and you used to be able to make alts and smurfs without even needing a valid e-mail, as such I've got about a jillion accounts and now with Steam and crossplay and poo poo they seem to be pushing for 1 account per player. This seems like a good(if super overdue) move but it leaves me with at least 2 level 30+ accounts with the god pack and various skins and poo poo that I no longer have access to thanks to linking my account to Steam. Have they said anything about merging accounts and stuff or am I just screwed?

Also for fun, Hirez reply when reporting a racist:

quote:

Greetings,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience encountered.

I'm so sorry the name "WhiteSkinMyKin" offends you.

This is not a matter of money or "connections", we judge names based off of reports as well as our guidelines.

At the moment there is no issue with the name WhiteSkinMyKin, being as it is not derogatory towards any other nationality or race.

May we ask if you have any further questions or issues with which we can assist in resolving at this time?

Cheers!
HiRezKirill
Hi-Rez Studios Customer Support

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused
Are you supposed to feel as if you have any idea at all what you're doing when playing Arthur? Because I have legit no clue what I'm doing but my first match went great.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Wastid posted:

I asked this in the last thread and I didn't see if anyone knew so I'll ask again. I've been playing since like 2012 or 13 and you used to be able to make alts and smurfs without even needing a valid e-mail, as such I've got about a jillion accounts and now with Steam and crossplay and poo poo they seem to be pushing for 1 account per player. This seems like a good(if super overdue) move but it leaves me with at least 2 level 30+ accounts with the god pack and various skins and poo poo that I no longer have access to thanks to linking my account to Steam. Have they said anything about merging accounts and stuff or am I just screwed?

You might be screwed. There's no policy in place right now regarding merging accounts, and I don't believe TF has ever mentioned any intent to implement this in the future.

sharkbeard posted:

Are you supposed to feel as if you have any idea at all what you're doing when playing Arthur? Because I have legit no clue what I'm doing but my first match went great.

I think the irony is that Arthur has some new "techs" (mini-dashes and auto-locking on his auto-attacks) but his kit is actually pretty generic. Sort of like CuChu: new tech (rage mechanic) but his kit doesn't do anything new. Both of them just sort of...exist. Build bruiser and just throw abilities at people.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I spent these 4k gems to get the generous God title but it ain't working on xbone. :argh:

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Any thoughts on this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/aevxqo/olympians_candidates_voting_and_discussion/

quote:

A while ago, HiRez announced something called "The Olympians"
https://www.smitegame.com/olympians

What is it all about?

The Olympians is a player advocacy group consisting of players elected by the SMITE game community to provide continuous feedback to the development team at Titan Forge Games. The Olympians bring constructive feedback from the community, represent the community’s interests across all demographics and platforms, and act as a focus group for Project Olympus initiatives.

It's basically an option for us to elect 9 community representatives from all platforms that will be in direct contact with Titan Forge to give Feedback on the game from the perspective of us, the players.

I don't really have an opinion on it. Never heard of it. Rarely look at reddit so no idea who any of those people are, obviously not gonna vote. If there were some streamers (I guess there are a couple) or E-sports people or something..

Then someone dropped this: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqpatm

I think we might be in for some drama, and kind of already are if you feel like browsing that thread.

Nine reddit posters speaking as vox populi (never got to use that before) directly with HiRez/Titan supposedly. Some of those people are mods of the HiRez sub as well that have.. sketchy pasts in terms of fragile egos and deleting HiRez critical threads, if what people are saying is to be believed.

Is this a good thing? I mean.. maybe? But who the gently caress are these nine people? Think this might actually change the way things are done for the better?

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I remember hearing something about this briefly in passing, possibly around HRX? When I clicked on the "vote here" link it went through a lot more detail: apparently the people that are chosen for this get a lot of perks like free ticket to HRX, a title, some other stuff. When I saw that, I immediately thought "there's going to be people in it for the free ride more than anything else."

That being said, there's probably only 2 or 3 people that I can think of that would deserve the responsibility and influence of this Olympian thing, and only one of them made it to the voting process. Either that or the other people I'm thinking of aren't interested in doing it - are streamers/pros unconcerned with helping out with this because they'd rather be paid, or did they just not make the cut...?

Not to push people to vote or anything, but the only person I recognize or would want in this Olympian thing is Flareb00t, the guy who writes and updates "Word of Thoth." Outside of him and maybe a rare few good streamers/pros, there's no real community leader or voice for Smite. DukeSloth is someone else I thought of even though he's not an ideal choice; he's not great but at least he consistently puts out content which shows a passion and drive for the game. Mast is another person I thought of because he puts out good discussion topic videos every once in a while, which shows a real good backbone understanding of the game. Both of these guys also seem pretty level headed and would approach this Olympian thing with an unbiased point of view, but neither are in the running (or made the cut).

I don't have much time to invest in this game these days due to IRL stuff happening, so I don't really keep up with "current events" or anything when it comes to the Smite community. That TwitLonger post seems like a bunch of he-said-she-said stuff that I don't know anything about so I can't comment on it (whether true or not or whatever). To me, it comes off as stupid high school drama bullshit and I'm too old to keep up or care about that trash. Unfortunately that might come with the territory since this is a game and the base/median audience is probably half my age. In the end it's probably going to be 2 or 3 good picks and a stupid popularity contest of awful picks for the rest.

Good idea from TF, but I think the execution and outcome is going to be terrible. The game is too volatile, from a "community leader" standpoint, to offer any good candidates. The other good picks I can think of are either already absorbed by HiRez/TitanForge (Krett, PonPon) or off to greener pastures (Kelly).

What TF really needs is someone with an actual vision for Smite, because it still feel like a game that's throw-poo poo-on-a-wall-and-see-what-sticks even after all these years of development. Picking 9 people from the community isn't going to fix that. They're going to offer their two cents and it's still going to be a jumbled mess of a game.

Dinosaur Satan
Oct 27, 2005

Helen, I'll love you always.
Does anyone know if it has been definitively stated that demonic thanatos will remain exclusive after the 2018 season ticket ends?

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

A mod says it's Exclusive and not in bundles or anything yet because the Season Ticket is still going on (a month ago)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/9y5656/demonic_thanatos/

quote:

[mod] SleekVulpine [STARDUST, GUIDE US.] 3 points 1 month ago
The skins Exclusive. Why not wait for it to be in a daily bundle and save your money? It would be so much $$$ from 40k to 80k.
___

[user] Trent_Booty [S] 1 point 1 month ago
Will it stay exclusive after the season is over and it isn’t available anymore?
___

[mod] SleekVulpine [STARDUST, GUIDE US.] 1 point 1 month ago
Yes. They don't change skin statuses after they're initial run. The only reason Demonic isnt showing up im bundles yet is because its still on its initial release run. People thought the skin was Limited but its always been Exclusive and will remain as such. Once the season ticket ends it will eventually be put in rotation on bundles. It happens to all Exclusive skins once there chest goes away and it will happen to Odyssey skins when the Odyssey is over.

Smite wiki (Gamepedia) says it's Exclusive
https://smite.gamepedia.com/Thanatos#Demonic

quote:

Demonic
Release Date -- January 30, 2018
Type -- Exclusive
Cost -- None

But.. HiRez/Titan is still HiRez/Titan and haven't given an official response, so take all that as you will.

Knee fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jan 15, 2019

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Info from this reddit post might be worth putting in our threads OP.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/afznje/patch_notes_show_season_6/

Edit: wording...

People saying the hour long show didn't actually give away anything.

Incon is quoted as saying "Today we learnt more about what they wanted to do at the start of Season 6 and that they can't do until maybe later on in the season instead of what we are actually getting at the start of Season 6."

So, meh...

Knee fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 15, 2019

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Knee posted:

Info from this reddit post might be worth putting in our threads OP.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/afznje/patch_notes_show_season_6/

Edit: wording...

People saying the hour long show didn't actually give away anything.

Incon is quoted as saying "Today we learnt more about what they wanted to do at the start of Season 6 and that they can't do until maybe later on in the season instead of what we are actually getting at the start of Season 6."

So, meh...

Yesterday was all roadmaps, plans, and high level game structure discussion. The only things of any worth we got yesterday (imo) were that Merlin is going to be the 100th god, that Set and Horus are coming this year, that there will be a new pantheon, and we should expect 6-7 god releases this year.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

beaner69 posted:

I spent these 4k gems to get the generous God title but it ain't working on xbone. :argh:

So this was JUST posted from the recent Season 6 patch notes:

quote:

•Players will now be able enjoy all of their content and progress on all platforms, Link your SMITE accounts on multiple platforms to a single Hi-Rez account to merge progression, All unlocked gods and skins that any merged account has unlocked will be available, All earned currency from all merged accounts will be added together, as well as worshippers
•We will release more updates on how exactly to link and merge accounts as we approach the cross-progression launch day!
•More info can be found on our FAQ, https://www.hirezstudios.com/crossplay/

Looks like you can link multiple platforms, but not multiple accounts on the same platform. So if you have one Xbox/Microsoft Smite account and three PC/Steam (let's say a "main" and two smurfs) accounts, you can link one Xbox with one Steam account under one "main HiRez account", but you can't link any of the multiple Steam accounts together.

If there's duplicate purchases, there's no refunds (like if you bought the god pack on a Steam and Xbox account, you don't get anything refunded).

You can split accounts afterwards, but one of them becomes a level 1 account with nothing and the other keeps everything.

It says "progression is merged" but it's not entirely clear what that means. If a Steam account is level 10 and an Xbox account is 20, you get a level 30 account or something???

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I think u quoted the wrong person. But... It's prolly the highest account level is the one counted. So level 10 pc and level 20 xbone turns to level 20 hirez account.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I'm assuming it adds up accumulated favor, experience, skins/voicepacks/cosmetics, achievements, worshippers, etc but the FAQ doesn't get into any detail about it.

In typical HiRez fashion, it'll probably be botched and they'll forget something like clan honor.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
So far how is everyone liking Arthur? He's... Weird is the best way I can put him. I LOVE HIS CONCEPT! I mean I can't get it past how much I love the concept but I don't know if I can really call him "great" right now?

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

No one knows how to play him yet. Give it a few weeks to cook and we'll see if he's as strong as I think he is.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I haven't played him yet, but the few pubbies I've seen with him are doing a terrible job.

Don't build or play him like an assassin. I thought it was obvious but I saw someone do basically a mace+power build on him. Went 2/12 in arena.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

cyclonic posted:

I haven't played him yet, but the few pubbies I've seen with him are doing a terrible job.

Don't build or play him like an assassin. I thought it was obvious but I saw someone do basically a mace+power build on him. Went 2/12 in arena.

Yeah, there are a lot of items that are of marginal utility on other gods, which are really good on him.

Soul Eater is borderline broken. Blackthorne is a good pickup (in my opinion). Cooldown should be prized, given his super spammy nature. I want to see some master level players toy with attack cancelling to see if Hydras is a good item for him.

Generally, though, you should go for bruiser builds with a priority on cooldown, I think. Hybrid items (e.g., Shifters, Void) are wonderful.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I toyed around with him briefly in jungle practice. The build I was going for was mostly mail items emphasizing CDR. Hydra's was basically the one offensive item I built.

I'm on the fence with Soul Eater vs. Gladiator's shield - I'm not sure which would be better without crunching HP numbers on my build.

But even so, with Hydra's as my one power item (supplemented with bruiser items like Void Shield), I wasn't outputting crazy damage. I mean it'll probably show otherwise if I'm clustered around people and stay in fights for a long time, but I don't think he'll be super bursty. He'll be a pain to deal with in solo lane though.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
loving hell, these new 'silent' skins are starting to piss me off

t5 ares, t5 bellona, the new zhong skin, the new poseidon skin

there's not way to disable skins in game, right? I would be 100% okay with having no skins at all in my game

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Their entire business model is based around selling people big goofy skins to flaunt, of course there's no way to turn them off.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I spend way too much money not to flex.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Merlin looks fun as hell. And not as broken (maybe?) as he initially appears?

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
My lack of giving a poo poo about Arthur is somewhat made up for by getting another apparently good mage to play in assault. Given the uniqueness of Merlin/Arthur and Hirez's (intentional?) history of balance at release I'd expect them both to be broke for a while. I saw Incon playing Merlin on the PTS and saying the 2 in ice form is doing more damage than intended.

Hello Ketene posted:

loving hell, these new 'silent' skins are starting to piss me off

t5 ares, t5 bellona, the new zhong skin, the new poseidon skin

there's not way to disable skins in game, right? I would be 100% okay with having no skins at all in my game

As mentioned there is 0 chance of being able to disable skins ever. But take heart, in the most recent patch notes they have done a pass on a couple skins with this problem, blight Athena and frosty Medusa. I don't know how you can miss Ares ult unless your actually playing with your eyes closed and the Zhong skin to me makes a nails on chalkboard sound when he ults that makes me want to get the gently caress out even more than the base skin. The Poseidon skin probably does need a better SFX cue though.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
oh yeah I know they'd never give us the option to get rid of skins, I was just venting. still, I wish they would adjust the volume on some of these skills. I know there are a couple of skins that are banned in the spl for being too quiet and giving players an advantage, and yet they keep making silent skins.

zhong's problem imo is his 2, his ult is indeed loud and obnoxious. As for ares, when I'm in the middle of a teamfight, there are like 10 abilities on my screen, I'm peeling for my team, trying to keep track of cooldowns and trying to juke abilities somewhat, I like to have sound cues to help me react immediately rather than half a second later, especially if I want to use abilities and then reposition myself near their carries for a cc immune ult. It was mostly the first time I played against this skin that it caught me by surprise, I had to pop the shittiest ymir ult cause it took me a bit too long to realize that the ninja chain on my back was an ares ult.

re: arthur, people outside of conquest seem to really dislike him, I got him to mastery 5 mostly in arena (and some clash), and got all sorts of complaints in the lobby - don't pick him he's useless, he's squishy (not true), he does no damage (not true), his cc is poo poo (mostly not true), but now that I transitioned to conquest people seem 100% fine with him. he seems to have a bunch of bugs though.

Synastren posted:

Merlin looks fun as hell. And not as broken (maybe?) as he initially appears?

where can I see his kit? did they show him in one of the patch shows?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Hello Ketene posted:

where can I see his kit? did they show him in one of the patch shows?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/368167297?t=01h12m22s

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Thanks for the video link. It's one thing to read the notes, but the video showing the targeters and ranges paints a whole new picture.

He doesn't have an obvious combo except for the arcane vortex pull into any of his channeled/DOT abilities. He can only chain it into one other ability and not his entire kit so that's good from a balance standpoint. He's got lots of room for zoning though; I think Gem of Iso is going to be core on him.

I forget which pro TF brought on board, but I recall some reddit post where his input was all about playing against some of these new abilities; his influence definitely shows in the recent gods with all the different counters put in place (body blocking Achilles execute, tanking Samedi ult for a teammate). Merlin has charge up times for most of his abilities, which makes dodging/juking possible. It's not like the days of Sol and Susano where you just always get hit with poo poo and can't avoid it.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
I think his whole kit is varying levels of synergy with using his 2 then his 1, arcane is obvious but the 2 in cold stance procs a slow(up to 50%) and the 1 does 20% more damage to slowed targets. For fire the 2 has a small % prot shred(top end is 2%) to set up his 1. I haven't checked myself but apparently the slow from Gem applies before the damage of his 1 in ice stance which means if you build Gem you will always have 20% damage on your 1 in ice stance.

Here's Incon playing jungle Merlin for the first time.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/368490766

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Agreed, there's synergy within his kit. I guess what I meant to say is there's no clear cut combo between his stances and potential ability rotations (similar to Arthur's design).

I think if they swapped the vortex pull in arcane stance with the mini-blink he gets in all stances - he would've been a lot deadlier.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It is too late now to get the Hera Odyssey skin, isn't it?

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jan 25, 2019

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
No, Odyssey stuff is still for sale.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Sadly I am at only 12 points.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Very questionable Baron Samedi in my arena game last night. I sent a ticket, he was doing that kind of poo poo for most of the game.

On another note, I got Arthur mastered in arena and wow, it sucks playing him there. Energy generation feels real bad, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I don't quite understand how energy generation works with auto-attacks and I can't seem to find any more info on energy (do you gain energy from abilities per tick? per unique target?)

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Hey so I'm playing this game again, my main problem when it comes to playing competitive games is that I get crazy anxiety, but I've come up with a galaxy-brained play: Just Stop Caring (and also make an alt account so I feel more "anonymous"). If someone wants to invite said alt account, LordTachankaMain, to the clan, I'd appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

Thanks for the link. Merlin seems to have an interesting gimmick overall even though his abilities are just more of the same

cyclonic posted:

Very questionable Baron Samedi in my arena game last night. I sent a ticket, he was doing that kind of poo poo for most of the game.

On another note, I got Arthur mastered in arena and wow, it sucks playing him there. Energy generation feels real bad, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I don't quite understand how energy generation works with auto-attacks and I can't seem to find any more info on energy (do you gain energy from abilities per tick? per unique target?)

While it seems Baron cleansed both his and neith's slow with his 2 (which proc'd right after you used emblem), there was no 'slow cleanse/speed boost' animation (sparkles around him/his teammates, and a thing at their feet), so I don't think his 2 actually proc its ms part. Also I'm not sure about that, but you can see baron's passive skull on your allies, right? In that case, if he 2-1'd Khepri, he wasn't at high enough hysteria to trigger the ms effects on his 2. So yeah, it's shady af and worth being reported. If it were only the teleport at the end, you could say it's lag or something, but the whole thing is suspicious. I had a similar thing happen with a nu wa like maybe a year ago where I could never knock her up with he bo's 3, even though it hit and did damage; it wouldn't even show the *immune* thing. I spent most of the game 3ing the nu wa and recording to report them, but I don't know if anything came out of it.

I've been playing Arthur a lot lately, and imo he suffers from the same issue as Cu, where he kinda sucks in arena but is really strong during laning phase in conquest. There's a huge contrast between how fast he builds up energy in arena and in solo lane. If you have your passive at max stacks, you build up energy really quickly, especially if you're aaing between most abilities. That's very easy in a 1v1, but not nearly as easy in arena unless you're poking from afar to refresh your passive, and trying to hit minions with aas and abilities as well. And much like Cu, even in conquest, if you just respawned late game and need to immediately tp to a team fight, well, you're outta luck.

As for enery generation, from what i can tell it's 2 energy per aa, and his abilities only proc once regardless of how many targets you hit (or once per tick in the case of his 3, up to 2 or 6 energy in normal and combo mode respectively).