Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
https://twitter.com/OfficialRWBY/status/1152423505993932800

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

what

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I regret giving Hirez money in the past if it kept them alive to do this in the present

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Idk collabs are cool imo. Yeah it's fake anime wannabe stuff but real anime would be too hard to get

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
One of them is going to be stupid overpowered at launch

You thought thanatos instalockers were bad? just wait for anime instalock

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Seems like they're gonna be skins.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I still haven't given Set another chance, but Horus and Olorun (still) both seem pretty balanced to me. I don't think Olorun needs any changes.

Don't build Hastened Ring on Olorun, he doesn't need it. He probably only needs Demonic Grip as his one ring item, the rest of his build should just be power. Replacing Celestial Legion Helm with Lotus Crown is an option on him.

His 3 feels a little wonky to me - mostly because of the attached heal. In general I try to heal teammates whenever they're around, and force of habit makes me spam it when someone is near. That unfortunately has sometimes led to my death, which makes me not want to heal teammates ever on him.

You don't need to level his ult in Conquest. Some of the fast casual modes (Arena, Clash), yeah do it for the CDR, but I wasn't ulting much with him during the laning phase when it's just boring fake boxing and farming anyways.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
So is there fun goon times in Smite if you play on Xbox or are all of you pro as gently caress?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Good times yes, pros no. We're mostly the fun type.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Is this guild/clan still active? I gave the game a shot and I am looking to play with a few people.

Biaga is my ingame name, would appreciate an invite if possible (or worth while).

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Yeah goons play, some play every day!

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Biaga posted:

Is this guild/clan still active? I gave the game a shot and I am looking to play with a few people.

Biaga is my ingame name, would appreciate an invite if possible (or worth while).

I sent u a friend request

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Biaga posted:

I sent you an invite, there's a 72 hour timer on it. Also sent you a friend request in case you don't get to it in time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I started playing Smite on Nintendo Switch and was wondering if my account on here is cross progress across other platforms? I wanted to be able to play this on Switch, and PC.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
It is, you can use the same account on PC or switch

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
I just restarted playing this after a few years, loving it and I seem to be able to win each game type, which is fun.

DQuad1 ingame, if anyone wants to friend me/clan me. Anubis is the best dog ever.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

skipThings posted:

It is, you can use the same account on PC or switch

I don't know when that happened but yes, it's one account across all platforms now and it's superb and something all developers should strive to implement.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/SMITEGame/status/1275084164128260102

I beg your pardon.

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Only the coldest prevail.

Seriously what the gently caress is going on here.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

is this like the rwby thing, like character skins. or is it like. full characters

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Johnny Joestar posted:

is this like the rwby thing, like character skins. or is it like. full characters

korra - skadi
aang - merlin
zuko - susano

Cthulhu almost got me back but I'm busy with other stuff, holler when they add GI Joe or He Man.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

I think I speak for the vast majority of us when I say, "... bwuh?!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

W.T. Fits posted:

I think I speak for the vast majority of us when I say, "... bwuh?!"

It's one of those pay path things, too. Which is not really surprising but vaguely disappointing.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
So I won't go on super long about this, I'll just mention that the content in the game related to DMBrandon, which I believe is an announcer pack and ward skin, are going to be removed, if anyone follows Smite on other forms of social media you probably know what's going on, but suffice to say some things have come out about the man that are not good, and Hirez is taking steps to fully sever ties.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Nucular Carmul posted:

So I won't go on super long about this, I'll just mention that the content in the game related to DMBrandon, which I believe is an announcer pack and ward skin, are going to be removed, if anyone follows Smite on other forms of social media you probably know what's going on, but suffice to say some things have come out about the man that are not good, and Hirez is taking steps to fully sever ties.

Isn't that the guy who dared a pro player to a fist fight years ago, a pro player who was like a large bodybuilder?
Couldn't happen to a better person

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Seems the goon community for this died completely around the time I picked it back up. Currently abusing the broken ring of hecate to win almost every game.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

skipThings posted:

Isn't that the guy who dared a pro player to a fist fight years ago, a pro player who was like a large bodybuilder?
Couldn't happen to a better person

DMBrandon was very much the internet tough guy and the guy he was running down was Lassiz, who was one of the first big pro Smite streamers. Lassiz was also big in the fact he was, indeed, built like a linebacker so when Lassiz commented on it DM did the 'whoa just fooling bro trying to push you to be better!'

I never found him a likable person but now he's genuinely awful as well. I didn't seem him interact with women on stream (because I didn't watch him save for a little bit because, again, unlikable) but there was the famous incident where somebody said his streams helped them get through a rough patch and he completely threw them under the bus. Ninety-nine percent of people would know to just go 'wow, thank you' but not DM.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Seems the goon community for this died completely around the time I picked it back up. Currently abusing the broken ring of hecate to win almost every game.

Wat? no, goons play p much daily

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

beaner69 posted:

Wat? no, goons play p much daily

Maybe I'm in an older discord then. Do you have a link to the new one?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So is there like a way to change guilds? I'm on Xbox and it won't even let me select the guild option.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Clans/Guilds have been disabled until they rework the system, as the system was creating some unnamed problems during the height of the lockdown and it really brought no utility to the game that is not already done by the friendslist

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Maybe I'm in an older discord then. Do you have a link to the new one?

Same one, but I see tiggz and kishi playing like everyday usually after 6pm central time.

Lammasu posted:

So is there like a way to change guilds? I'm on Xbox and it won't even let me select the guild option.

Xbone goon wats ur gt?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

beaner69 posted:

Same one, but I see tiggz and kishi playing like everyday usually after 6pm central time.

Xbone goon wats ur gt?

LammasuRex

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Wow it took me forever to find this thread, I've picked this back up after years of not playing, and having a blast. I've been playing arena on days that I work because leavers in conquest are ridiculously common, and piss me the gently caress off because my teammates refuse to surrender and waste 30 minutes of my life. But holy poo poo Da Ji is an absolute beast in arena. Basically every time I play her I go something like 35-3 :banjo:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Lammasu posted:

Man the fu king SWC@Home bundle was disapointing.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Lammasu posted:

Man the fu king SWC@Home bundle was disapointing.

I got some chests for keeping a tab open on mute, so I won't complain

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm probably going to try conquest out in the new season when they change the map. No point relearning how to play the current map when its all going to be hosed in a short while. Right now I just play the game on drunken game nights with my friends.

Can confirm, dunk squad still works.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So I got the Nike gravity skin and have a gift to give. I'm LammasuRex on Xbox Live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Lammasu posted:

So I got the Nike gravity skin and have a gift to give. I'm LammasuRex on Xbox Live.

Does crossplay include gifting? I have a friend on PC who might want it.