Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

DarkDobe posted:

Kinda getting into this game and playing with a handful of friends - are there other gods as annoying as Danzaburou because he's been an absolute blast to play and is that perfect mixture of elusive and aggravating. I need more like him (generally awful at melee dudes though)

You probably want to look at Hou Yi, Sol and Caribdis then, all of them have quite fantastic escapes and are auto attack ranged characters like Danza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So, uhm, Slipknot even.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b9NA4VoOv8

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

God, I thought I dreamed that.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Dawgstar posted:

God, I thought I dreamed that.

What the gently caress are your dreams like?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I haven't played Smite in years but I tune in for the reveals every now and then and I'm still impressed by their art teams. For some random reason when I was laid up with covid last fall I landed on watching people play on twitch. I had no energy to do anything else but for some reason it was chill to watch people play and rage at their teammates. I racked up tons of the twitch points I'll probably never use and still grab whatever freebies Prime throws out for this and Paladins.

If the idea is gods and myths I can see adding pop culture fantasy skins like Transformers, Ninja Turtles, RWBY and Avatar: the Last Airbender. But Slipknot?

Hell, why not, I guess.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

I started playing this again.

help

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Synastren posted:

I started playing this again.

help
Complete a battle pass. It's killed any desire to play in me.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Lammasu posted:

Complete a battle pass. It's killed any desire to play in me.

I'm an idiot who likes Conquest so welp

I did one on ps5 then have been dicking around on PC. Holy poo poo hunters are so much easier with MKB

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Synastren posted:

I'm an idiot who likes Conquest so welp

I did one on ps5 then have been dicking around on PC. Holy poo poo hunters are so much easier with MKB

It's amazing how that improves your game.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Dawgstar posted:

It's amazing how that improves your game.

I played a lot in season 3 and 4, dabbled slightly in season 5 and just now picked it up again.

I feel like I have an aimbot when I play on my PC. It's insane. And there is a massive difference in which gods are strong because of the input differences. Medusa, for example is incredibly powerful on console because most folks haven't changed their sensitivity to be able to look away from her ult fast enough. Skill shot dependent gods (e.g., Anhur) are a lot weaker because it is so much harder to hit them consistently.

Basically it's a whole different game, turns out.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

These hunter earrings are insane.

Like, I know that this PC account is in baby queues right now, but seriously wtf:

It is so hard to miss an auto on a hunter with those things. Pair it with qins and you will shred tanks.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

I really wanted to play a moba but I also really didn’t want to leave the couch so I tried this game out. Pretty fun! Jumped into conquest with Kukulkan and applied a simple rule of “go to the empty lane and push”, which was easy since everyone was pretending it was ARAM and going mid. I pushed all the way through to the titan in both side lanes and then steamrolled mid to an easy win, yay. We’ll see how many more matches I can play this way.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhGofwR_01Y
Runscape is still around?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
It's the 10-year anniversary so they have a bunch of Twitch drops this weekend and special rewards for playing 10 games. Also they are doing a Magic: The Gathering crossover.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Lammasu posted:

It's the 10-year anniversary so they have a bunch of Twitch drops this weekend and special rewards for playing 10 games. Also they are doing a Magic: The Gathering crossover.

and Firegiant will become a hero , as well as Manticore ( most probably ! )

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
God drat it. I think they gave me a free battle pass with game pass rewards. Now I feel compelled to play this drat game again.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So, crossover with Vshoto vtubers. Kind of awkward because half of them have left the agency. Still, Nyanners doing Serqet's dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcepgPKv31k

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Hi thread, I haven't played Smite in like a decade. An old friend reached out and I reinstalled it. Way back in the day they used to sell some Bundle that included all future releases; have they kept that promise? If I go to Gods --> Filter by "Purchaseable" it displays an empty table, so if there's nothing to purchase I guess that must mean I have everything.

Is there a good short crash course for someone who hasn't played this game in forever? I still play DOTA heavily, so I'm familiar enough with vague MOBA concepts but like, is last hitting a thing in this game I don't even remember. I should get a few bot games in after work...

edit;

Okay 9 years. Is there an equivalent to dotabuff.com that will show me my entire match history data?

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 31, 2023

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Sab669 posted:

Hi thread, I haven't played Smite in like a decade. An old friend reached out and I reinstalled it. Way back in the day they used to sell some Bundle that included all future releases; have they kept that promise? If I go to Gods --> Filter by "Purchaseable" it displays an empty table, so if there's nothing to purchase I guess that must mean I have everything.

Is there a good short crash course for someone who hasn't played this game in forever? I still play DOTA heavily, so I'm familiar enough with vague MOBA concepts but like, is last hitting a thing in this game I don't even remember. I should get a few bot games in after work...

edit;

Okay 9 years. Is there an equivalent to dotabuff.com that will show me my entire match history data?

Ultimate God Pack is still legit.

I think the site you're looking for is https://smite.guru/

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Do I need to have played a certain number of games before I can add people to my friends list? I can't seem to add my buddy, nor he me. When we search for each other the the list just comes up empty :shrug:

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Don't think so, I recently added like 5 friends that wanted to try smite out and they were new accounts. It's not super obvious but there's a drop down arrow u might have to click.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Baffled by the decision to switch to one of the old Joust maps again. Why do they keep doing this

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I might be remembering incorrectly, but I think Ajax said in a stream that the old joust maps are his favorite. Even the poo poo medieval one.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Game's neat, scared the second I level enough to get out of bots it'll be a disaster though. :ohdear:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I played like 3 games solo after playing with buddies and remembered mobas are awful :(

Sorry I don't know the arbitrary meta on how I'm supposed to be pulling jungle camps at the start of the game, I just wanna hit creeps. And then pubbies /surrender immediately so I can't even play long enough to learn.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I have fun and don't play the moba mode

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

beaner69 posted:

I have fun and don't play the moba mode

I played that one map where its 3v3 on a bridge or some poo poo so when I went huge as Cthulu you were not escaping

And whatever the bloodbrawl mode where it just hucks two teams into an arena to beat the poo poo out of eachother

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Does this update not come with new lore? I still just see the ambush at Olympus.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHUQvHeHgqg

Smite 2 announced (yes really)

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 12, 2024

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Skins from before the upcoming season won't transfer over, and if you link accounts, you'll receive Legacy Gems equal to the amount of gems you spent in Smite 1, but they can only be used for 50% of new contents pricing(So if you spent 2000 gems in current Smite, you'll get 2000 Legacy Gems in Smite 2. But if there's a skin in Smite 2 you want that's 600 Gems, you can only pay 300 of those with Legacy Gems and need 300 other normal gems to buy it)

Orv
May 4, 2011
Extremely rude of them not to give me every SMITE 2 hero for the $10 I spent a decade ago tbh, very inconsiderate

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If I can keep Awilix's Knight Rider skin I'll be happy.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

lol. perhaps even lmao

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Can't wait to split a small player base, hope this won't kill both games immediately

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im excited for it because Smite 1 runs like poo poo

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I'm excited for it because all players loading into a match is the exception rather than the rule

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

eonwe posted:

im excited for it because Smite 1 runs like poo poo

I run it at 144fps locked. It's an UE3 game :confused: Hell, even the OneX already ran it at 4k60.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Mr. Neutron posted:

I run it at 144fps locked. It's an UE3 game :confused: Hell, even the OneX already ran it at 4k60.

I'm on an R5 5600 and a 3080 and I get regular frame drops/stutters. I usually assume it doesn't perform well *because* it's so old.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

anyone playin' Smite 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Pandaal posted:

anyone playin' Smite 2?

Founder pack acquired. Best deal in gaming, part deux. When do these alpha weekends start up?