Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
Well I guess that's yet another reason pen is so good.

I asked this in the last thread and I didn't see if anyone knew so I'll ask again. I've been playing since like 2012 or 13 and you used to be able to make alts and smurfs without even needing a valid e-mail, as such I've got about a jillion accounts and now with Steam and crossplay and poo poo they seem to be pushing for 1 account per player. This seems like a good(if super overdue) move but it leaves me with at least 2 level 30+ accounts with the god pack and various skins and poo poo that I no longer have access to thanks to linking my account to Steam. Have they said anything about merging accounts and stuff or am I just screwed?

Also for fun, Hirez reply when reporting a racist:

quote:

Greetings,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience encountered.

I'm so sorry the name "WhiteSkinMyKin" offends you.

This is not a matter of money or "connections", we judge names based off of reports as well as our guidelines.

At the moment there is no issue with the name WhiteSkinMyKin, being as it is not derogatory towards any other nationality or race.

May we ask if you have any further questions or issues with which we can assist in resolving at this time?

Cheers!
HiRezKirill
Hi-Rez Studios Customer Support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
My lack of giving a poo poo about Arthur is somewhat made up for by getting another apparently good mage to play in assault. Given the uniqueness of Merlin/Arthur and Hirez's (intentional?) history of balance at release I'd expect them both to be broke for a while. I saw Incon playing Merlin on the PTS and saying the 2 in ice form is doing more damage than intended.

Hello Ketene posted:

loving hell, these new 'silent' skins are starting to piss me off

t5 ares, t5 bellona, the new zhong skin, the new poseidon skin

there's not way to disable skins in game, right? I would be 100% okay with having no skins at all in my game

As mentioned there is 0 chance of being able to disable skins ever. But take heart, in the most recent patch notes they have done a pass on a couple skins with this problem, blight Athena and frosty Medusa. I don't know how you can miss Ares ult unless your actually playing with your eyes closed and the Zhong skin to me makes a nails on chalkboard sound when he ults that makes me want to get the gently caress out even more than the base skin. The Poseidon skin probably does need a better SFX cue though.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
I think his whole kit is varying levels of synergy with using his 2 then his 1, arcane is obvious but the 2 in cold stance procs a slow(up to 50%) and the 1 does 20% more damage to slowed targets. For fire the 2 has a small % prot shred(top end is 2%) to set up his 1. I haven't checked myself but apparently the slow from Gem applies before the damage of his 1 in ice stance which means if you build Gem you will always have 20% damage on your 1 in ice stance.

Here's Incon playing jungle Merlin for the first time.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/368490766

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
No, Odyssey stuff is still for sale.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
So my impression on the assault changes is that a map change is cool but the other changes suck. The buffs and minion/tower changes make teams with a strong level 5 team fight able to push the first 1 or 2 engagements really quickly into 2 towers and an insurmountable sustain/gold/level lead. I feel like pretty much every game is 2 towers down on 1 team by 8 minutes.

They achieved their goal of making turtleing impossible. The problem is is that some teams needed to turtle for an item or a few levels to be able to fight with anything resembling a chance. If for whatever reason Assault games are intended to be shorter they should increase the gold spooling and xp gain, assault would be more fun if you could get 6 slotted in it sometimes, especially since they've essentially increased the number of items you can buy with the poots potion. I don't think assault games needed to be shorter anyway, games that took longer than 20 minutes were the exception in my match history before this patch.

Assault was designed to never really be a heavily balanced mode but these changes seem to have made it much much less fun. Even on the winning team it feels loving impossible to be greedy kill chasing hungry enough to throw your lead.