Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Welcome to my latest mafia game!

This game is for 23 people. It’s a role light game, so I expect you to put on your best mafia casing hats.

Basic Information

Days will be 48-72 hours in length. Nights will be 24 hours. These are flexible based on when I want to be up and doing things. I’ll aim for 10pm EST deadlines. Necessarily owing to my sleep schedule this means nights are open.
We’ll be using a combination of googledocs and Discord to manage everything, so please make sure you have access to those for the game.
As signups come in a discord will become available for the game. I would ask that all players join so that I can grant easy access to spectator docs / other things.
If you could please post your discord handle along with your signup, I would be incredibly grateful.

General Mafia Rules (That have been stolen from Somberero)

1. Don't be poo poo to each other. This is a game, part of the game is having people react, but if you think you’re reacting badly, walk away, calm down, come back later.
2. If you post fewer than ten times across a day that comes within 12 hours of finishing, I will grant a free vig to be used by the player that posts the most targetted at you. This goes through any and all protection.
3. Don't edit your posts.
4. Don't talk after you're dead. I'll send you a PM to an Obs doc if you want to chat poo poo.
5. Feel free to post after the hammer as nights are open.
6. Flavour is flavour, you’re welcome to pursue arguments on it if you want. However, scum are backed by elaborate fakeclaims. Additionally, whilst I try to retain flavour justification for many abilities, they will not always match expectations.
7. No replacements after D2.
8. Don't directly quote any communication from me, including your role pm. If you have OOT communication with another player, the rule still applies.
9. Don't fake day actions.
10. If you are affected by a Day Action, do not post under any circumstances until we post the result of the Action. Everyone else is good to keep going

A note about result language

1. A result that successfully targets will yield the result. "You successfully x your target"
2. A result that does not successfully target will yield the result. "Your action fails."
3. If a player name is ever mentioned as part of a result, this is a mod error.
4. A "successful" target is defined as an ability resolving on someone. This does not have to be the intended target, so a redirected result will yield the same language as a result that has not been redirected.

Thanks a lot and let’s get sta… wait I’m getting some interference here…

Signups
She says you've signed up
  1. A Sometimes Food
  2. Anomalous Amalgam
  3. Asiina
  4. Azurelana
  5. b-minus1
  6. Bifauxnen
  7. CapitalistPig
  8. chaoslord
  9. flerp
  10. GeneX
  11. GulagDolls
  12. IllegallySober
  13. Kashuno
  14. Monathin
  15. Mr. Humalong
  16. peramene
  17. Snooze Cruise
  18. Soaring Kestrel
  19. Social Studies 3rd Period
  20. SolusLunes
  21. Toalpaz
  22. Tobbs Gnawed
  23. Xad
  24. xiw

Observers

She says you're allowed to watch... hot

1. An AnonymousIdiot
2. Yami Fenrir
3. Jimmydalad
4. Max
5. Podima
6. Yami Fenrir
7. Meinberg

Clarifications

Because she decided winning like this was too easy....

Natural 20 posted:

Rules are now passed with a simple majority vote.

Voting for rules is performed in private on the googledocs provided to each player. This may be done by inputting a 1 under the desired option.

Rule Changes

She wants you to remember them, to cherish them.

Day 1 - Day Phase - Implemented

peramene posted:

Did I say proposal? I meant my demands.

I demand it be recognized that "Day One Is Bullshit Anyway, So I'll Go Easy On You", aka "The Tutorial" take effect the moment N2 begins.

quote:

The Tutorial posted:

Anyone who posts the word "peramene" with any alternative capitalization whatsoever gets a stack of Hated. Those unable to comply are encouraged to refer to me as "Sara" or "Her Grace".

Further, I will demand that "I'll Do It Myself" takes effect the moment D2 begins.

quote:

I'll Do It Myself posted:

Once per day, I will input a predetermined but secret real-world time into Nat20. At that time, he will make note of the most recent fake vig "shame on you" posted in-thread or in any masonry, including scum chat.

Required Format: ##shame Quidnose

Instead of having no effect, the target of that fake vig will die at the end of the day. Their flip will not be revealed until the following morning.

Day 1 - Night Phase - Implemented

peramene posted:

0) hey kids it's your ol pal peramene

By manipulating the chaotic energy radiating from the conclusion of One Day Challenge Game, I harness the pera yes vote of tonight to retroactively effective immediately, revoke my day 1 limitations.

All players enjoy unlimited 'pera yes' and 'pera no' charges. In kind, I will propose as many rules as I see fit beginning with the below vox populi suggestions. Majority rules, submission of neither yes nor no is abstaining. You needn't comment on every rule, however...

At least one proposal will pass and become an element of your shattered reality. KILL anyone who attempts to limit my power in this instance and earn my favor.

1) Just Humming Along

Effective at sunset, a random player (Mr. Humalong receives a complimentary second entry into the sweepstakes) will become 3P pera-aligned, my agent on this earth. He will enjoy an entirely brand new role PM of my own creation representing his discovery of an ancient universal singularity.(edited)

2) Soluble in Water

Effective at sunrise, forums user SolusLunes will begin a game of post-restriction hot potato. In summary - he will begin with a post-restriction, and regardless of what happens otherwise, he will assign that post-restriction to someone else. An additional post restriction will be added. The entirety of the potato must be obeyed to avoid my wrath.

3) No Seriously, Day 1 was Bullshit

I propose the following modifications to Somber's General Rules --

1. Stop being poo poo to each other.
2. If your post count and content and intent and loyalty to your wincon(s) do not pass my personal muster, I will slip a free vig to be used in secret against you into the hands of another player. Or two. This goes through any and all protection that does not originate with me.
3. Don't edit your posts more than five minutes after they've been made.
4. Dead players do not truly die until they accept the invitation to Nat's little skybox observer channel. Souls neither dead nor alive may post up to five times per day with single emoticon posts and may not quote other players.
5. Nights are open.
6. Flavour is everything. I am the flavour. Scum are backed by ludicrous fakeclaims, including your fakeclaims. I am the justification for flavour-based abilities and all that crap
7. No replacements.
8. Don't directly quote any communication from beyond the thread, including: your role pm, PMs with Nat and myself, whispers we have shared before bedtime, other games or other threads, and/or your birth certificate. This applies to all spheres of the game.
9. Don't fake day actions unless it's really, really funny.
10. [Most] day actions only take effect after Nat has seen them. They should be disregarded until then. Everyone else is good to keep going.

4) gently caress It, You Do It Then

Entirely up to my own whim and fancy, I may choose one player-suggested rule and bless it with immediate canonicity subject to no vote or discussion of any kind.

this is my thread now

all shall love me and despair

peramene posted:

*quick glance to see if any transdudes are playin and doesn't think so so*

4) gently caress It, You Do It Then

Entirely up to my own whim and fancy, I may choose one player-suggested rule and bless it with immediate canonicity subject to no vote or discussion of any kind.

Day 1 Rule 4 activated:

All players are now female. For all intents and purposes, female pronouns are now universal, and it should be considered extremely rude to misgender a fellow player. Violation of this rule does not carry an explicit penalty yet, but if you choose to simply disobey it, I will see you dead. Flagrantly flying in the face of this extremely important rule should be considered a scumtell.

Day 2 - Day Phase - Implemented

peramene posted:

D2/N2 RULE CHANGES

1) Miki Sayaka Did Nothing Wrong

Snooze Cruise is revived and given a new role and alignment of my creation, having happened upon an item of incredible power.

2) Tomoe Mami Did Nothing Wrong

A random player [also] receives an item of incredible power. If Rule 1 passes, Snooze Cruise does a snooze choose and decides - publicly - the player to receive the item. If Rule 1 does not pass and this rule does, Snooze decides anyway but from purgatory and secretly.

3) Kyubey (et al) Did Nothing Wrong

Players in purgatory maintain their ability to "pera NO" proposals, but not "pera YES".

4) Shizuki Hitomi Did Nothing Wrong

Forums user and observer AnonymousIdiot, aka Xomerang(arang), will join me in creating and proposing rules. I will still write the language of the rules to mask which are hers (and any mistake on my part which gets passed anyway remains binding. No takebacksies.)

In accordance with Rule 0, at least one of the above will pass. You will comply with Nat's instructions to YES or NO the pending shifts to reality. If at least one receives more YES than NO, it/they pass. Otherwise, whichever rule(s) receive(s) the most YES will be enacted - I win ties.

Posting pera YES and/or pera NO in-thread does not count, but you are obviously encouraged to discuss potential rules. A perecommendation is to use the [ code ] BBCode as follows:

code:
1) yes
2) yes
3) maybe?
4) yes
Votes like this won't be counted (so feel free to lie) but idk maybe it'll help for clarity's sake

the observers tell me clarity is important in a game

Day 3 Day Phase - Implemented

peramene posted:

Rule 10 - Okay But - Vote 1

Players in purgatory must battle for their souls in pursuit of redemption and resurrection. The first battle is mini-mini-mini-popcon: the following player will return to life as the role anyone who dies this game day and a town alignment; you must choose between: TobbsGnawed and SolusLunes.

Rule 11 - From Elsewhere - Vote 2
An observer volunteer (other than AI) enters the game as a town-aligned 3P reverse reach around arsonist death miller. what

Rule 12 - call da fuckin police - Vote 3
3 random players become cops. :)

Rule 14 - kashuno memorial rule Vote 4
pass this rule to formally mourn the passing of kashuno, dicks out for kashuno, etc

Day 3 Night Phase - Implemented

peramene posted:

Rule 15 - Bowser Button Vote 1
mario party roles and alignments because gently caress ya'll
(Bowser Button Variant 15a - as above; Variant 15b - observers may freely join (Variant 15b2 - /rejoin) the petri dish) Variants will be chosen by mods

Rule 16A - an escalator warning Vote 2
The abilities granted to players when in possession of the a m u l e t s are disclosed to the thread. Current holders are not.

Rule 16B - the terrible secret of theprinceofspace Vote 3
The identity of current holders of the same are disclosed; further discussion of amulet-related wincons is modkillable.

Rule 17 - a snooze choose for a snooze you get the idea Vote 4
Snooze gains an additional ability I forgot when writing her role and it's kinda silly but hey just do this one for me guys ok

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
how adorable

your rules are fictions whispered to an unwitting band of noble forums users and I'll not stand for it

I have successfully targeted the game. All restraints are suspended.

Just imagine the sort of harm I could do, the sort of hilarious chaos that might ensue, if I were to make a new rule every day and every night based entirely on my own whimsical flights of fancy.

That sounds much more interesting to me.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh god she’s changing everything. I can feel it.

I don’t have much time before I’m locked out the game, so I’ll need you guys to stop her instead. There’s a delay on her rule changes, they only come into effect the phase after they’re announced, we can stop her there, with a little luck and a lot of day actions.

Get out of my head, get out of my head

I’ve given every player a charge of ##pera No! You may use this as an action in thread and if you do it’ll cancel whatever insane rule she comes up with at the beginning of that phase, be it day or night.

With 23 of you that should be more than enough to get through this game.

Good luck, I’m counting on all of you.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
obviously I'll just grant my scum team ... hmm, let's make it sporting, at least... ten? ten. ten charges of pera YES to be used in private and 1-to-1 counterract the use of a pathetic and cowardly 'pera no'. 23 to 10, surely your players can surmount that training bra of a hill, yes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLlgxOo55IQ

let's get started. sign-ups are open.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
hey cool a nat game

i'll play

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I know better than to play these games. But I'd like front row seats to the madness if that's permissible?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
yeah I figured this was what you meant, pera

I think I actually have to

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
and here I was thinking I'd go back to not playing mafia again after the last one

i'll play

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to hate this

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Asiina posted:

I'm going to hate this

it's a nat game, so yes

but it's also a peragame, which might cancel it out?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

welp no way I can't play this one

peramene posted:

hey cool a nat game

i'll play

lol

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
hmmm

Observer slot please

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jan 1, 2019

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I said I was on hiatus until the new year.

December 29th counts. Right? Right...????

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Finally some basic rules lite mafia.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Toalpaz posted:

Finally some basic rules lite mafia.

best post of 2018

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Day 1 rule:

Everyone gets a role

(because it makes nat20 suffer)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

what happens if I do...this?

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I think I'll play this one.

I had fun last time but it might be a little easier if the weirder rules are introduced a little more gradually.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ok i love rule

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

A palette cleanser.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Toalpaz posted:

A palette cleanser.

okay two things, one, how the gently caress do you know this lmao

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Two, palate

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Yes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’m gonna observe this madness. Not sure if I should dip my toes just yet.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

On second thought, switch me to observer. I won't have the time to play properly.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
She needs more.

She must have more.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Natural 20 posted:

She needs more.

She must have more.

I'm trying here!!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

I'll probably observe this unless I die in the two games I'm in before signups fill

so don't observer me yet, I don't want to be spoiled on the setup yet

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

I'll probably observe this unless I die in the two games I'm in before signups fill

so don't observer me yet, I don't want to be spoiled on the setup yet

Tell him the setup

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

Tell him the setup

humalong no

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

Tell him the setup

lmao you think there's a setup.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Asiina posted:

lmao you think there's a setup.

I think we’re all being setup

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mr. Humalong posted:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I would like to play.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

you have no idea

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

gently caress it I died in inuyashas I'll play this game

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
More

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Do games typically take this long to fill up? I'm not in a huge rush or anything, but if we get started nearing February I might be in trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Azurelana posted:

Do games typically take this long to fill up? I'm not in a huge rush or anything, but if we get started nearing February I might be in trouble.

There were three ongoing games, maybe this one will fill up now that one recently finished.