Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
and here I was thinking I'd go back to not playing mafia again after the last one

i'll play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
i won't vote pera

until the game starts, at which point i'll immediately vote pera

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
okay, now i'll vote pera

##vote pera

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Can - can we even vote someone not listed under votefinder? :ohdear:

Who knows, but she's listed as a player so I think we should try.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
i think i'll not vote the jester

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

question, after a pera yes, could a pera no be used again and back and forht

Snooze Cruise posted:

pera's yeses are way more powerful than the nos and the nos are actually v weak if u think about it i think u wasted urs biff seems like a scum move maybe

sc, why do you have the opinion you have in the second post when you aren't sure how the mechanics work yet?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

its pera, any later rule is going to be way more potentially destructive than earlier rules

right, but we have thirteen more pera no's

that's a lot of rules that we could nix if we are allowed to go back and forth

like theoretically we could get away with no rules until day, what, 7?

i get what you're saying if a pera yes hard counters a pera no but i don't think you can accurately say that until you get your question answered, which is why i'm confused

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
to summarize i think what you're saying implies you have knowledge about pera yesses that we don't

i'm stil voting pera, but

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Azurelana posted:

I don't think this is right?

All of us got given a pera no, but presumably if there are 23 of us and 23 pera nos then scum must have at least some of the pera nos right?

If there are 5 or 6 scum in the game then we only have an excess of 7 or 8 nos to the yes charges.

Right but if someone refused to use theirs that would be uh

A little suspicious

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I think if people aren't even going to try voting out pera then we should ##vote sc today

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
turbo stuff was a bunch of garbage but i can't tell who's scum out of the people who discussed it. b- drops the conversation thread on it early, then kash and toal seem to take it a bit further and that reads worse to me so consider my eye on you two

i still think sc is scum, because her early posts still read as having non-public info (e.g., in context of her later posts, her question here reads as constructed) and then she didn't really any other posts on topic.

that's the best i have d1 so far because there's been just a bunch of shitposting so if i missed some actual content wel'p

Toalpaz posted:

lets all post something we like about each other, to dispel this negativity.

i've said this before but i genuinely love the folks that play mafia on these dead forums and the sense of actual community and friendship that's come from it

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Toalpaz posted:

To be fair I've never seen anyone come close to actually getting turbo'd apart from Asiina. Maybe turbos were a thing that happened previously in mafia history, but they're a thing that I've never seen.

so why keep going with it for that long? brainstorming rng methods made it feel like there was actually some impetus behind your posting

(anecdotally, i've read but never played in games with d1 turbos, so)

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Toalpaz posted:

you and I have different definitions of long

fair enough

GeneX posted:

Also since the collective seems to not want to vote for sara, demonstrating a strong degree of unimaginativeness

i agree with this sentiment and if we really aren't gonna try today, the best day to try it, i don't understand why not

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
so if i'm reading the last rules post right i do think we should let rule 0 go through. none of these seem, like, actively harmful in the way that the shame rule does

also,

peramene posted:

At least one proposal will pass and become an element of your shattered reality.

So, I mean, if we vote down all but the one we deem "least harmful"...that's probably about as good as it's gonna get and i'd rather that than start to get into rules that the scumteam might actively want

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

my role doc hasn't been updated with the unlimited number of pera nos and pera yes btw

I don't think it would be until rule 0 takes effect, if I understand the thrust of the rule

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
so is the ASF thing just a lurker vote at this point or what, like i agree there's nothing there that's meaningful but :vov:

of the people below the vote threshold i'd prefer xad as all they have done is +1 other people's posts and softly pushed an idea of "don't use no's at all" so i'll land there for now I guess ##vote xad

there's nothing for me to comment on from the last three pages but i hate you all for making me read it

i still see sc as a good vote

i still see pera as a good vote

that's kind of where i'm at right now

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

in scenario one there is the normal hance of pera being mafia or not in which cause i want actual reasons why you would vote her in scenario two i think its more likely to be 3p aligned than mafia aligned because that is wat makes the sense

peramene posted:

obviously I'll just grant my scum team

peramene posted:

my scum team

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

More importantly, pera isn't in votefinder as a player and therefore cannot be voted unless there's a specific hidden mechanic that allows us to extirpate her.

this is a testable hypothesis and also she's in the player list

i don't understand the resistance to this, i truly truly don't

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Soaring Kestrel posted:

this is a testable hypothesis and also she's in the player list

to clarify: the player list in the OP

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

i won't stand for the hypocrisy in this community no longer, my goal in this game is to no longer defeat pera, but defeat mafia itself and you the players who let things fall in ruin while i left and also defeat pera

my scum team
my game
the scum in my game = scum team

so half rear end
##vote soaring kestrel

fine

the first serious rule that we talked about in thread was clearly scum slanted, also

pera NO's were granted to all players to use as a town focused mechanic to kill rules, and pera Yes's were granted to scum to keep rules in place

how is this not a pro scum role?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Mr. Humalong posted:

vote pera right now and see what happens

(it's nothing. nothing happens)

i am aware of this and posit that there may be a manual votecount; if we got 12 players to vote pera in game, i am curious whether nat20 would do something from a mod perspective

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Actually you are wrong.

https://votefinder.org/player/peramene

Here have a evidence

i clarified this; read the OP of this thread

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

uhh those rules were once again assigned before the game even started

I'm confused as to why that matters?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

im confused as to why you think this is a good case and not flimsy reasoning that as you dig further and further in you are exposing more and more of yourself as the scum you are

it's not a bad idea to test the hypothesis IMO and loses us nothing if I'm wrong. maybe it's too late in the day now but i still think this should be tested day 2

whatever i'll drop it for now

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
why would it be a waste? if it doesn't do anything, we can just go back to voting and casing like normal. like, the only case in which we actually lose something would be "i'm right about pera being a player; oh, also, she's immune to being voted"

if she is a player, then the vote goes through

if she's not a player, then we just vote someone else.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
oh my god

disclaimer: i said i'd drop this but y'all keep asking me questions

azure: it would take like 15 minutes at the beginning of day two to test it that doesn't lose us a ton of time for casing or whatever

sc: nope, she's still scum or scum adjacent based on everything i've seen of her posting, the hypothesis of "she can be voted" is separate from that but regardless of whether she can or not i think she's scum?? i don't feel like i'm switching my reasoning

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

also a reminder this isn't actually your vote why not put this amount effort in the person you are actually voting for lol

because you fixated on that single line out of my first post in this string of posts that I've been making, and I answered your questions honestly

Snooze Cruise posted:

why would you see pera as a good vote

this is a constructed argument and it's fairly obvious that you're drawing this conclusion based on my responses to your own questions! that's not genuine. ##vote sc

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
like you can't ask me a zillion questions about my opinions and then use that to claim that it's bad that I have reasons for the things I think

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

what. that is how you play the game. you ask questions, if they are answered poorly and in a non towny way you vote them.

right that's not the part i'm arguing with

i'm saying, my initial post wasn't super fleshed out on pera

your premise of "why not put this amount of effort in" comes from you pulling out that line in my post and asking questions.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

ok then put effort in your main case right now instead of engaging with me on this subject lmao?

"soaring kestrel is scum for ignoring my questions, vote sk"

you set up a no win situation here. either way, you left the opening to jump on me.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

again, but now about me talking to you instead of the pera thing

okay! i've already talked about why I thought you were scum a couple (actual) days ago, and i've already talked about why your case on me here was predicated on fabricated reasoning. let's discuss the other stuff that also contributes

- in between me originally voting you and now, you've posted a lot but have no real opinions other than apparently the one on me, and some chatting about setup spec
- you've driven two derails - one short one here and another much longer one here that led to a huge distraction pretty close to deadline

chaoslord posted:

This is for SK's eyes only, so SC, Tobbs, etc stay away

you should modify votefinder to make pera a player, take a screenshot of that, post it and go “no see y’all she is a player” and then change it back

lmao, this was good

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yeah, well I think that ##vote Kestrel

Seriously though. The argument for attempting to kill the Mod makes the most sense as an impotent grab for town cred. It backfired because every good logical argument on the topic points to it being a waste of time and effort, not to mention a distraction from scumhunting.

let's do it tomorrow then, i already said this

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

going back to the vote where soarnig voted xad its pretty clear if you read between the lines that xad was a throwaway vote and really that vote was just setting up them jumping on a later pera or me bandwagon that they probably figured would form, me as the "lets kill this annoying player" band wagon and pera as the "lets see what happens bandwagon"

the post reads as entirely safe, and devoid of real opinon

i'm not voting you because of annoyance, i'm voting you because you're probably scum and faked a case

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

anyway soaring shows more passion for voting pera, even if the logic behind that passion is flimsy, and then even more passion in voting me, because i asked them questions

this misrepresents me; i have been talking about voting pera all day, and in fact you were my first vote of the day after trying to vote pera right off the bat because of stuff I saw as scummy in your early posting.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

i could possibly read soaring as town who is not used to like the barest amount of pressure applied to them

an odd read, given the amount of games i've played, but i did just get a name change so i think this one comes out in the wash

Mr. Humalong posted:

they were pretty stubborn about this idea of getting a bunch of people to manually vote for pera with less than 6 hours to deadline, then when called on it hedged and said "well it's fine to try tomorrow"

what? explaining my reasoning is openness, not stubbornness. also nobody called me on anything related to deadline timing, you're making that up. I'm not sure why you'd lie about that when it's easily checked.

i stand by my reasoning. sc spent the entire game day making meaningless posts and only came in right at the end to try and target me, voting me for responding to questions about a piece of reasoning that she was asking questions about

that said, b- looks real bad the way they jumped on

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

b-minus1 posted:

Hmm. I look bad because I agree with you.

nah, you look bad because your +1 was super low effort and if you weren't reading snooze's posts then it's kinda weird to agree with parts of my casing that references the way she was posting

it's not enough to make me think i'm wrong but yeah i'm going to be honest about your vote

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
wel'p since voting SC is meaningless at this point

think I'd rather end up on ##vote b-minus1

GulagDolls posted:

##vote cpig only posts as scum

mafia edit: holy cow this is a bad vote no matter how you slice it this close to deadline

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

xiw posted:

I am here and can swap - we need 4 more for that though.

do you have an opinion on asiina or b- or just willing to vote them?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I didn't know Flying Leatherman was a girl!!!

this is news between now and the last game i played with you, i think! :)

i suggest, for voting rules:
code:
1) no
2) yes
3) yes
4) yes

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Azurelana posted:

I will eat my hat if Asiina isn't scum.

Scum were clearly active on Day 1 end. And Asiina was at - 1. Either they were all on her or they were elsewhere and she's scum.

you're sure asiina is scum, except then you contradict that read in your very next paragraph by saying they might have all been voting her already? help me understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yeah I miscounted how many B- had on him. It being close between you two does make SK tunneling on SC even more suss than I thought.

so this is interesting because asf is saying here that she misread the thread when she was initially trying to throw suspicion on me earlier today

but then she doubles down and says i was tunnelling SC while b- was getting voted? that's actually not true - i voted SC well before any momentum got started on b- and I switched over to what I considered was the better target of the two players near EOD yesterday.