Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I would like to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Only scum suck up

Town sucks down.

wait

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

poo poo

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

so yeah, Asiina trying to paint actual good gameplay as "just hating fun you guys!!", while simultaneously painting bad AND unfun play like voting out every rule as the pro-town thing to do, is some amazing scum spin

I refuse to believe a town Asiina would be this bad at strategy

This makes sense, and going hard on you for using your no to get rid of a legit dangerous rule loving reeks to me. Like Aiina would have a point if you threw it on something harmless but someone was gonna have to use it on that rule.

##vote Asiina

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

GeneX posted:

I expect that it's probably hole madness, too, but I somehow don't know your bedroom habits

*Spend an hour trying to make a good joke from hole blocker*

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

This game is weird.

Well I mean you're in it.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That's what she said.

Not if she's hole blocked.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

the actual gently caress is going on

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I thought the shame mechanic was real

oh it's real

I feel it constantly. :smith:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

Meta reason is a real reason.

*takes a long drag* Fuuuuuuuuck brooooo

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Is the SK vote mostly them focusing on SC who flipped town doc? Cause like yeah, but also D1, going after someone like a pitbull to see what happens isn't the worst tactic D1.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

Is the SK vote mostly them focusing on SC who flipped town doc? Cause like yeah, but also D1, going after someone like a pitbull to see what happens isn't the worst tactic D1.

I suppose it was the main alternative with votes to Asiina.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

I don't know what you're saying here?

A vote on SC near deadline was bad because it was between me and b- and it really could have been either of us things were moving so fast. I got to -1 but b- got to I think -3 only a few minutes earlier?

It does make me think b- probably isn't scum, because scum would have hammered me. It would have been too risky if things swung his direction in the last few minutes.

I do think it was scum that manufactured the NL though to cause confusion. Maybe the ones who were throwing down yes's were all already on the vote, but I think it's more likely they just let it happen to waste another day. With 3 town dead because of modkills, they could afford to NL.

##Shame Toal

Yeah I miscounted how many B- had on him. It being close between you two does make SK tunneling on SC even more suss than I thought.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

code:
flerpfiction prompt selected
flerp unashamedly stood in front of his mirror in his best drag outfit. He'd always wanted to play a female D&D character, and now was his chance to go all out. He had so much unrestrained femininity to share. He addressed his gorgeous reflection, "Now to figure out how to give it to you nerds."

This is even better than my "post a recipe" one from Golden Kamuy.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Well this is an incredibly suss time to check the thread today. poo poo. Thanks Humalong.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So to clarify my appearances I am in GMT+8 and work mornings so I usually will be on from about 3pm GMT+8 to sometime after midnight gmt+8 excepting checking during tea breaks and commutes in which I may post but it probably won't be much unless I see something urgent.

I'm gonna try and post/more better but I'm pretty mkuch always gonna be a bit lurky just due to being asleep during the most active time.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

3.5 hours later?

These posts feel nervous.

I was still the first response.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

Gosh 9 new posts give me some time to catch up and give reads on all this new content

no

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

I MEAN GIRLS gently caress

ahahahaha

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

wait gently caress

ohohohohohohoho

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

##vote SS3rd Period

At the very least we can see if votes get them moving.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

Yeah I agree with the scumbo Toal that there are some hardcore lurkers in this game and let's get rid of them now so it doesn't kill the game.

I mean it worked out for me, but Golden Kamuy fizzling like that kinda sucked.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Welp

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hmmm

##vote flerp

I don't like the Asiina vote rn and the focus on her for days seems off now.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Azurelana posted:

But Asiina's scum and if you don't think dodging the vote because of distractions d1 and apathy d2 isn't an indication that there's something wrong there then you're crazy. Your reasoning as to why my logic doesn't fly is insane by the way. When I played scum we tried to get every kill we physically could because it silenced the game faster. It seems like a no execution is preferable to executing scum, but there is no compelling reason to believe that it's better than executing a town player.

Execute me afterwards, by all means. But I'm sure I'm right on this.

I think the Day 2 push on SS3P was scummy because she was town. I think ending a day quickly like that on a town player benefits scum, especially when it allows more distance from the failed Asiina execution on Day 1.

But equally I have no reason to believe anything you've written is genuine since as per the statement I made you're already high on my scum list.

Then vote me out and be done with it.

You know what

##vote Asiina

I agree. Asiina has consistently slid out of votes. People flocked to my SS3P vote way faster than I thought reasonable.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

gotta go fast

I'm sticking with the asiina vote, the lack of an opportunist hammer makes me happier about it.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

toal making a typo and xiw pining on it both seem on the level so null reads on them for me.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

cpig's post restriction is a loving bitch to get a reading on, what's honest casing, what's flailing scum, what's post restriction.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

The hammer thing makes no loving sense.

Nobody hammered in the 10 minutes I was at -1 at 9pm on a Saturday, 24 hours until deadline??

1) How is that short a time at that point of the day proof of anything?

2) Who would hammer in that scenario? Why would scum rush to hammer me and end the day early when I'm almost definitely going to be executed anyway??

That whole thing means nothing.

I feel like scum are more likely to be around at weird times so the lack of a hammer says that

- they aren't voting you

- they had all already voted you

So you're scum or if you flip town we can narrow the field on who is scum.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

Why would scum be more likely to be around at "weird times"? What does that even mean?? Citation loving needed.

And again why would scum hammer 24 hours early? This whole thing assumes they would but there's no reason to.

What possible benefit would they have to do so?

Because of discord messages/alerts? Scum always have an advantage in coordinating. I don't think this is exactly revelatory.

And early hammers favour scum cause it generates confusion and cuts time to discuss and lets them end it on their terms.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

That is honestly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard as a case.

How would it "generate confusion"?

Why would they publicly end the day early for something that is going to happen anyway?

What does "ending it on their own terms" mean?

You are saying things, but they have no meaning.

Like you're honestly imagining a scenario where at 9:04pm I get to -1 and scum are all frantically pinging each other in discord to make sure to hammer before it's too late!!!!

Why???

Hammering early with scum votes is a way they can dictate how discussion is going, at least to a degree. Like less discussion... usually favours scum? Shocking.

And coordinating a hammer is def a thing scum do, wtf are you even arguing there?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

chaoslord posted:

To be clear, you are doubling down and saying “no my argument was good”?

I'm more saying that element of my argument is fine and Asiina is massively misrepresenting it and getting aggressive. It's not the whole reason for voting Asiina.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

My primary reasons for voting Asiina is the slipping out of votes d1 and 2 and her early attack on Bif for using a NO on a rule that was very anti-town.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

So all of the scum but one are on me, and because the last one didn't hammer in the 5 minute span they had the opportunity, this obviously definitively proves that I must be scum, because they totally would have. It has to only be one scum, because I've been at -2 for a good chunk of the game day and nothing has happened.

This is the thing you are saying right now is proof.

You've created a scenario that makes no logical sense, can't defend on its own merits, so you're just using buzzwords to try to get out of it.

No, read what I actually said.

A Sometimes Food posted:

I feel like scum are more likely to be around at weird times so the lack of a hammer says that

- they aren't voting you

- they had all already voted you

So you're scum or if you flip town we can narrow the field on who is scum.

I said based purely on the lack of a hammer tha

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

No, read what I actually said.

I said based purely on the lack of a hammer tha

THAT either you have all scum on you and the vote didn't pass or scum were actively avoiding hammering you.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

I know what you said and it makes no sense and doesn't prove anything.

You presented two options as if they are the only two, yet never explained why those had to be the only two.

They don't have to be but I feel like those options are likely.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

I didn't attack Bif for using a no on a rule.

I said I wasn't going to no any rules and Bif went after me for it.

I never voted for Bif.

I guess it was less an attack and more just arguing Bif's behaviour was wrong when it was pretty protown.

So uh poor phrasing on my part but I'm still happy with it as a reason.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

Why??

Explain, in actual terms and not just using mafia buzzwords, why scum not hammering in a 5 minute window on a Saturday night, 24 hours before deadline, proves anything.

I thought it was a couple of hours?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

Wrong again. Bif was arguing that my behaviour was wrong. She was free to no whatever she wanted, but I was taking a stand saying that I wasn't going to no anything.

You were still trying to discourage use of no against even antitown rules.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

Why??

Explain, in actual terms and not just using mafia buzzwords, why scum not hammering in a 5 minute window on a Saturday night, 24 hours before deadline, proves anything.

I thought the window was bigger it's less reasonable than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Fine I concede.