Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to hate this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Natural 20 posted:

She needs more.

She must have more.

I'm trying here!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

Tell him the setup

lmao you think there's a setup.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Kashuno is a paremene parachute account

pls no

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

I know your bf is currently ditching you to act as peramene's slave, but that's no call for being rude to me

Are you saying there's something wrong with that??

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

i got an account yesterday and its a v scary and intimidating place

fetlife good

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This is the game that makes me extremely jealous.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Is this revenge flirting, for all the times you think I've had bad opinions?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
and I guess all of our fights too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
What a debbie downer

##vote gx

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Asiina what do you think about the rules

looking good, babe

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
bif is being a no fun police and for shame on her

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Bif why are you so joyless this game?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You're being just the worst.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will never use my no and if I see a yes has been used and I can hammer I will do so immediately.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
More rules will always be more fun than fewer rules.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I mean the most pro-town thing to do is probably to no every single rule, and now that we know the rules, to do so right at deadline or preferably with the hammer post so scum don't have a chance to yes it.

But that is so anti-fun that what is even the point of having a gimmick game if you are going to do everything you can to eliminate the gimmick?

I am pro-fun.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

Or, say, if you decide to vote out someone you believe is being mean to you rather than the obvious scum in LYLO, that can be fun for you.

But I also know that I am in the minority of this opinion.

that's a low blow

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Asiina

I'm out

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Acting like getting 6 votes in the span of 20 minutes is not something worth getting annoyed over or even reacting to is dumb and fake as hell and just an excuse for when they pile on.

Which both Tobbs and CPig are doing.

Toal's vote to find their way onto the vote leader is the worst though.

##vote Toal

Bif also being dumb as hell again with "if asiina were town she would do this..." based on what bif would do as town, which has never, ever actually proved accurate.

So there, I came back and gave some opinions even though if this game is just going to be a killjoy and not what I signed up for I don't actually give a gently caress.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

nah, it's not, not when it's 12 to lynch.

That's total bullshit and you know it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

ehhh, that's actually getting halfway to lunch in a big drat game which needs a lot of votes. I think you are being pretty obtuse here CPig.

but I'm not sure I can buy Asiina's defense here yet, that I'm just predicting her town behaviour wrong. She can get burnt out in games even when she is town, but if she really has her heart set on this just being a lolrandom game so we don't vote down any rules, why was she suggesting that the boring pro-town thing is to vote down ALL the rules?

She created a false dichotomy that feels very scummily deliberate to me.

Because why would Sara make pro-town rules?

At best the rules will be neutral, but because of numbers are more likely to harm town through random chance (like the spelling rule) or they'll favour scum (like the vig rule)

She wouldn't have given the scum team the ability to override with "yes" if the rules were going to be balanced to be helpful to town.

So yes, the pro-town thing to do is to shoot down any rule as a blanket policy. Where you draw the line of "neutral enough" or "fun enough" to not be worth wasting a no is a personal one, but do you honestly think there will be any rules she makes that are primarily pro-town?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

I don’t agree with how pig responded with the nice meltdown but I agree with his overall point, 6/12 votes in a big game is nothing to get upset about especially because turbos happen and that’s just part of it imo. D1 can be just as shenanigans as serious play

I almost definitely overreacted, but getting so many votes (that weren't joke broken quote votes) in such a short period of time pissed me off.

6 votes over a day or even several hours is very different than 6 votes in 20 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm serious.

You're saying I'm making a false dichotomy by assuming that all of the rules are going to be bad for town and that we're going to have to make a choice between ~optimal town play~ and fun, but you're assuming the rules aren't all going to be anti-town in some way and I think not just knowing Sara but looking at how the vetoes are distributed, that seems pretty unlikely.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

you know, I might've bought it if you'd said "that was just an example, I said it's probably best to vote down every rule, cause they're all gonna be anti-town somehow, it's just hyperbole god why are you taking me so literally"

but now you're actually being serious? You are actually making the argument, in all seriousness, that the most optimal play is to vote down every single rule and spend up all the No's? That trying to weigh them up and judge some as more frivolous and tolerable than others is not a superior strategy?

Not that you're saying you actually want to play optimally, of course...

No's vastly outnumber Yes's, so even if people who still have their No's die, there's still more than enough to make sure no rule goes through for a very long time.

But this is still "you're not making the exactly worded argument that I would make in your shoes and therefore it's made up." which is a bad argument.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Well I don't really have any interest in continuing to repeat myself here and these kinds of arguments suck all the oxygen out of the room, so I'm going to try to be done and hope you can't bait me into continuing (which we both know you can :v: ).

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

Calvinball Mafia

I'm still sad I missed out on that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Natural 20 posted:

Please don't fake day actions.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I approve of all of these.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

oh noooooooo will we not have any pera crazy rule fun???????

Don't be an rear end.

Also don't act like any of these are pro-town.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

I seriously don't get what you're even trying to argue anymore, btw.

--

Now you're trying to imply here that... what, I might be trying to persuade people that any of these rules are pro-town? The only context in which your white noise makes sense is you trying to simply cover your own rear end and get yourself out of being lunched. It makes no sense in trying to actually address a good town strategy.

I'm mad that you've continued to bait me into continuing to post about this by loving needling me about it when I said I wanted to stop. There's no other reason to make your sarcastic "oh look who said there wouldn't be fun rules lmao!!" post.

You're acting as if your opinion on what is "fun enough" or "neutral enough" to be allowed through is some sort of objective fact and not just your personal line. You think people shouldn't "waste" their nos on rules that are deemed fun enough but it's still by your personal standards.

You're acting like your subjective opinion is fact. As if there are fun rules and there are anti-town rules and they are totally different, when my whole point is that they are going to be the same and while the optimal play for town is to allow no new rules, that's no loving fun and why are we even playing this gimmick game.

I'm apparently scummy for drawing my line in a different spot than you and daring to question your perfect plan to determine what is fun and what is bad. You're just mad because I didn't want to go along with it and rightfully called you out for being anti-fun. You're just waiting for me to walk that back and declare no Bif, you actually are right and your definition of fun is the right one, but nah. That's not going to happen. You are being anti-fun. Deal with it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This whole day has been emotionally exhausting and I just want to peace out for the rest of it.

Believe whatever you want about my alignment, but that fight with Bif was real and something the two of us will probably need to talk about when the game is over.

I think Toal, CPig, and Tobbs look pretty scummy and would vote any of them.

Lurkers like ASF, xiw, and Xad are pretty bad too, but there's a fair number of people with lower post counts than Nat, so it's kind of a crap shoot on that front.

I'll try to check in as deadline approaches and will likely move my vote to anyone if I remain the vote leader, but I'm basically done for the day. If I'm still alive D2 I'll reengage then.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Still very much want to vote Toal or Tobbs or CPig, but that's probably not happening.

##vote b-

I've been skimming since this afternoon and the whole thing with sc and sk felt like a townie slapfight more than anything.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Toalpaz posted:

I'm not sure what people see on the b- vote we should all vote Asiina like me.

Your vote is the worst because it's not even based on anything Bif was saying, just a meta argument for lurking that you're agreeing with that nobody ever made.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Asiina...this was supposed to be our game as friends..........................

rip via d1 deadline swingy votes

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Completely forgot Gulag was in this game tbh

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

A scum should modkill themselves it’s only fair