Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Seriously. The Boiling Springs Bubblers. My high school spirit was not really effected by this, as I was on the chess team and was therefore not eligible to wear a letter jacket. But just maybe it could have been worse...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomvellner/completely-bonkers-high-school-mascots

#21 on the list I misread as "entrail pounders"

e: butt bubblers

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dee eight fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
My family likes to play that game where you simply add “butt” in front of any mascot name to make it much more amusing. The Miami Butt Heat, the Edmonton Butt Oilers, etc. This list is perfect for that. The Butt Honkers and the Butt Pounders sound too good to be true.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

meet girls at the store posted:

My family likes to play that game where you simply add “butt” in front of any mascot name to make it much more amusing. The Miami Butt Heat, the Edmonton Butt Oilers, etc. This list is perfect for that. The Butt Honkers and the Butt Pounders sound too good to be true.

Butt Orphans is pretty great too imo

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

it's like the anal car name game but butts

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the New Jersey Butt Devils is both funny and an accurate representation of the team

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > My highschool's mascot was a butt bubble.

mods please?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Butt gritty sounds like when poop gets stuck in yo butt

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

the high school in my city has a mascot that's literally a naked child

edit: oh hey it's on the list in the op, lol

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 30, 2018

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Not even in the top 25?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butte_County_High_School#Athletics

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
More high schools should have unique mascots. We already have enough loving Bulldogs and Warriors and Timber Wolves and Knights and Panthers and poo poo. Yawn.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Did they have a swim team?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

yuma high school criminals

https://yhscriminalrecord.com/1249/news/2016-17-yuma-high-school-clubs-and-activities/

Sequoia High School Super Squirrels

Ridgefield Spudders

Bessemer Speedboys

Dardanelle Sand Lizards

Orofino Idaho High School Maniacs

The Frankfort Hot Dogs

Belfry Bats, Belfry Montana

dee eight fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 30, 2018

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Is it a bubble because it describes how kids at high school live in a bubble?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

fappenmeister posted:

Is it a bubble because it describes how kids at high school live in a bubble?

reality sucks anyways i wish i was still in a bubble

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

:laffo:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Sucrose posted:

More high schools should have unique mascots. We already have enough loving Bulldogs and Warriors and Timber Wolves and Knights and Panthers and poo poo. Yawn.

My dad taught at Grover Cleveland HS. Home of the...

The women's team were the Lady Presidents. When I was little, I asked my dad why they weren't called the GCHS 'First Ladies' instead.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

My high school's fursona was literally a disembodied head of a redskin caricature, complete with cartoon devil red skin. They've since changed it to a bear. Butt bears would be an awesome improvement.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Butte Parasites score another goal!

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

dee eight posted:

yuma high school criminals

https://yhscriminalrecord.com/1249/news/2016-17-yuma-high-school-clubs-and-activities/

Sequoia High School Super Squirrels

Ridgefield Spudders

Bessemer Speedboys

Dardanelle Sand Lizards

Orofino Idaho High School Maniacs

The Frankfort Hot Dogs

Belfry Bats, Belfry Montana

Nah Belfry Bats is awesome.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
AFFECTED op, your spirit was not affected.

Thanks for listening.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Tom Gorman posted:

the high school in my city has a mascot that's literally a naked child

edit: oh hey it's on the list in the op, lol

Sick fucks.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
none of those are as lame and pathetic as my high school mascot. it was the color maroon. accordingly, the various sports teams were the maroons.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I was the Spartans and 300 came out when I was in the 10th grade.

Our rugby chant before games and at half time was SPARTANS WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?!?! and the rest of us would AWOOO

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Butt Pirates we shall make the woman laugh
And they cannot help to cringe ol Lucifer blushes his please!
For they cannot admit to weep and wail as he immounts their boys right on. His. Knee!! Right on his good forsaken knee!

Go Vikings

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

"Gooooo Bubblers!"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if you cant pop with the best
get lost with the rest
go bubbles!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Meet Campbell University's mascot Gaylord The Camel

Edit: sweet Jesus Christ, the Stanford Tree :psyduck:

Edit: :wtc: they have a whole bunch of those disturbing tree costumes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq9j_gKslnI

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Dec 30, 2018

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
:2bong:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Pittsburgh Butt Pirates

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Their team cheer is "Go Nads!" and their mascot is called Scrotie. He's quite :nws: https://i.imgur.com/1PBI13w.png

Their basketball team is called The Balls and their cheerleader squad is called The Jockstrap (because they support The Balls)

Edit: here's a video of Scrotie giving the Berkeley Clam a good hammering :nws:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 30, 2018

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
My elementary school had a mascot, and it was Garfield the cat, like from the comic.

They have since rebranded to have a fun alligator instead.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
So you attended home school in 2008?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Their team cheer is "Go Nads!" and their mascot is called Scrotie. He's quite :nws: https://i.imgur.com/1PBI13w.png

Their basketball team is called The Balls and their cheerleader squad is called The Jockstrap (because they support The Balls)

Edit: here's a video of Scrotie giving the Berkeley Clam a good hammering :nws:

This also explains so much about Seth McFarlane

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Holy crap. Mine was a yin yang, and I thought that was bad. There was a movement to change it a few years ago because some people claimed it was cultural appropriation, but I don’t think that panned out.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

My highschool was the southernmost school in the district and had a southern theme: the mascot was a confederate soldier, the unofficial logo was a confederate flag and as a whole they were called "the rebels". When there was a special event going on people would paint the southern cross on their face, wear the confederate flag as a cape and the student parking lots were a sea of confederate flags painted on cars and flying from windows.

Even many years ago when I was there they were talking about changing it, but according to google they still haven't done it.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

The_Franz posted:

My highschool was the southernmost school in the district and had a southern theme: the mascot was a confederate soldier, the unofficial logo was a confederate flag and as a whole they were called "the rebels". When there was a special event going on people would paint the southern cross on their face, wear the confederate flag as a cape and the student parking lots were a sea of confederate flags painted on cars and flying from windows.

Even many years ago when I was there they were talking about changing it, but according to google they still haven't done it.

butt racists

Purple Gromit
Mar 28, 2010
West Brom (UK football team) unveiled their new mascot this year.

It's a combi boiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
my high school mascot was the Fighting Fisherman.

To celebrate drunken gay sex while at sea.