Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
shoulda called it Kernel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

CassandraZara posted:

Wow what a bad title, is Avenue 5 a spinoff of Sex and the City? And yes, I’m posting this in the thread for The Orville, a spaceship show with a title almost as bad.

Talking about The Orville always makes me want popcorn.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The final season starts soon right?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The final season starts soon right?

What makes you think The Orville was canceled?

Season 1 Went from September - December 2017, Season 2 picked back up December 30th 2018 and wrapped up in April 2019. I'm going to say January as the release date, the December first episode was likely so they don't have a year gap in the airing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The Orville is one weird trick that all Trekkies hate./

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The show is moving to Hulu which means they can probably say gently caress or show a boob or butt. They'll likely get more awesome with stories because Fox wasn't going to give them more budget.

So likely late 2020 or 2012 (I think)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

pixaal posted:

What makes you think The Orville was canceled?

Season 1 Went from September - December 2017, Season 2 picked back up December 30th 2018 and wrapped up in April 2019. I'm going to say January as the release date, the December first episode was likely so they don't have a year gap in the airing.

Mainly Disney since they've killed virtually all Fox properties, I thought that was announced as the last season for some reason

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bonzo posted:

The show is moving to Hulu which means they can probably say gently caress or show a boob or butt. They'll likely get more awesome with stories because Fox wasn't going to give them more budget.

A time travel plot, nice

EDIT:
Fox cancelled a decent amount of poo poo to make room for Last Man Standing, Football, and WWE, there wasn't enough room.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Hey, they made Hugh Laurie do an American accent again.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Charles posted:

Turns out he was actually faking the British accent all along.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
do u think they ever gently caress on the space ship like lol could you imagine??

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Nooner posted:

do u think they ever gently caress on the space ship like lol could you imagine??

haha its a cool thought but I think we should focus on the show

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Charles posted:

He's gonna forget how to talk Mary Poppins-like if they keep doing this to him.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
hugh laurie in space by the thick of it guy with a dumb title and lovely trailer seems weird but ill give it a go

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Bonzo posted:

God I hope they don't put it off until 2012, the world is supposed to end around then.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Damo posted:

hugh laurie in space by the thick of it guy with a dumb title and lovely trailer seems weird but ill give it a go

yeah basically this. I'll watch literally anything with Hugh Laurie in it for at least like...5 hours.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

13Pandora13 posted:

yeah basically this. I'll watch literally anything with Hugh Laurie in it for at least like...5 hours.

Catch 22 will push this to the limit, I couldn't finish the series

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
the gently caress, catch-22 was great

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Reports are Season 3 will be the last :(
https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/the-orville-season-3-end-seth-macfarlane/
Let's hope not! But, two of the stars keep getting divorced from each other 🤣

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Charles posted:

Reports are Season 3 will be the last :(
https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/the-orville-season-3-end-seth-macfarlane/
Let's hope not! But, two of the stars keep getting divorced from each other 🤣

It's a rumour from a single website, and Tom Constintio has tweeted that it's not true.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Iron Crowned posted:

It's a rumour from a single website, and Tom Constintio has tweeted that it's not true.

Yay thank you

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Thank you for telling me where to look.
This thread can sleep now until we're ready again
https://twitter.com/TomCostantino/status/1289751717748195329?s=20

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Bump for Season 3 next week

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

hell yeah season 3, time to rewatch season 1 and 2

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Nooner posted:

They couldn't open a window, so imagine what that would smell like, hahaha, I would like to smell it :lol:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Good episode

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

drat good episode

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mx. posted:

drat good episode

:emptyquote:

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Lol that this was originally billed as a wacky comedy parody

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Was a real serious issue to pick to deal with for an opener. Heavy first ep. Good but was not expecting that for a few eps in.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

Season 3 is a Hulu exclusive. Late 2020 according to the article, although I think that's speculation.
I don't wanna wait that long! :cry:

lmao

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Last night, I felt as if I had been standing my whole life and just sat down.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
The Orville Season 3 is on Disney Plus if you live in Canada, I guess.

e: are they still using a model for the Orville or is it all CGI? It looks a lot more detailed.

e:holy poo poo this episode hits the gas HARD.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 5, 2022

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I really, really like this show

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
As many goons have said, I dislike Seth MacFarlane's work, but I do enjoy the Orville.
I watch some pretty bad Sci Fi because beggars can't be choosers, but it's actually pretty top tier.
I'll probably catch up on it this weekend.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Not this thread but I find it funny that the people who complained about the humor in seasons 1 and 2, are now complaining that this latest episode had no jokes.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

As many goons have said, I dislike Seth MacFarlane's work, but I do enjoy the Orville.
I watch some pretty bad Sci Fi because beggars can't be choosers, but it's actually pretty top tier.
I'll probably catch up on it this weekend.

fwiw seth tried to kill family guy in like season 3 when he killed brian but people kept demanding new episodes so lol

no excuse for his horrible western movie tho

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

"its like catching a swarm of bees in a net. if one gets loose...."

finish your thought crewman, wtf does this even mean

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

imagine the ship's therapist is also the doctor is also your ex-girlfriend is also the mother of the children you almost killed is also actively yelling at you and berating you during sessions and using guilt and logical fallacies to trick you into staying alive so her son is less moody

this isnt the future its tyool 2022, isnt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

GolfHole posted:

imagine the ship's therapist is also the doctor is also your ex-girlfriend is also the mother of the children you almost killed is also actively yelling at you and berating you during sessions and using guilt and logical fallacies to trick you into staying alive so her son is less moody

this isnt the future its tyool 2022, isnt it

Tbh it sounds like one of the antarctic research bases - their job listings are all "MD with dental experience and training as a psychologist; experience with heavy diesel engines and/or long-wave radio transmitters a bonus".