Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

I can smell your pussy, Clarice.

Magissima posted:

A-plot: Darcey and Stacey get plastic surgery, again
B-plot: Jesse and Tom are both in NY "for work" and meet up to poo poo talk Darcey

Oh man, I’m here for B plot.

Darcey gets a lot of hate, but I honestly love her train wreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Ouhei posted:

I think that's what strikes me the most, with the exception of maybe like 2-3 couples over all of the seasons/versions, none of these couples seem to have any real chemistry and if they just wanted a lovely relationship you could do that locally without all the extra effort and cost?

Oh my god, right?? I think what they’re trying to sell is “I had to look halfway across the world to find my soulmate :)” but I’m convinced some of them just like the idea of dating a non-American person, for whatever reason. Because, as you pointed out, 95% of the time it’s certainly not due to having any real connection.

I think another reason so many of these couples are so mismatched is due to dating online with zero physical contact before eventually being flung into one another’s lives and cultures full force. As we’ve all learned from Catfish, people are really good at filling in the unknowns about their crush with what they want to be true. What’s the term for that? Not quite projection but, like, wishful projection?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Self delusion

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

Self delusion

Growing up on a media diet inundated with messages of “love overcomes all adversity (and sometimes the literal devil)” probably doesn’t help either.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Vintersorg posted:

Deavan's mom was so loving cringey - just typical American trash visiting another country.

I was unhappy with the amount of terrible representatives of my stupid loving country this season and then, like a beam of red, white, and blue light, she descended to poo poo up my television.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Haha Aseulu is such a mopey whiny bitch

"Wah you didn't want to take the kids to some measles infected country it's not fair that we're going to California because they had a cold"

OH poo poo ASEULU DESERVES A loving BEAT DOWN RIGHT NOW. Like holy poo poo why they didn't dump him on the highway immediately after that

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 1, 2020

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Darcey in the wedding dress legit looks like she has a butt on her chest.

Tom looks like he is taking hairstyle tips from Ed.

E: I am watching a man paint nair on his body with a paintbrush. Every decision I have made in my life has brought me to this point.

Thora fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 1, 2020

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Tom? Darcey? What show are you watching? I didn't think they were on any current runs.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

The last season of Before the 90 days, I think. I can't keep them straight, whichever one it was that just ended with the leaked tell-all.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Tom? Darcey? What show are you watching? I didn't think they were on any current runs.

I think they're on that ridiculous B90 STRIKES BACK crapola. I won't be watching, even though I do a love a butt-chest in a formal dress.

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

I can smell your pussy, Clarice.
The 90 day strikes back idea seems kind of ridiculous. Probably the one 90 thing I won’t watch besides Family Chantelle

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I watched Family Chantel and I fully regret it. I only finished because I cared about what happened to her sister. I really do think the majority of their poo poo is manufactured, and if it isn't, they're loving morons who don't deserve my time. I have a lot of trash TV to watch, clearly I am very busy and important!

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Bloody Cat Farm posted:

The 90 day strikes back idea seems kind of ridiculous. Probably the one 90 thing I won’t watch besides Family Chantelle

It's terrible. The commercials made it look like they'd be responding to stuff from the internet, and instead it's literally the cast watching the pillow talk cast watching the episode, in an ouroboros of poo poo.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Some dumdum did not set the dvr correctly so yeah, Ed with paintbrush is in the ourobourous where they comment on the people commenting on them and it is... not really all that good.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Bloody Cat Farm posted:

We're going to get to some real poo poo content from the quarantine, but this Strikes Back definitely feels like month-12 level quality, not month-4.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

When did this trend of injecting massive amounts of fillers into your face take off? I can't imagine Darcy/Stacy looking worse without the fillers. Darcy especially is starting to look like that rage potato meme.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Faustian Bargain posted:

When did this trend of injecting massive amounts of fillers into your face take off? I can't imagine Darcy/Stacy looking worse without the fillers. Darcy especially is starting to look like that rage potato meme.

The idea is that you need to keep re-upping them because they dissolve in under a year, which gives the aesthetician plenty opportunity to sell you more filler in more places. HOWEVER, and I'm not a plastic surgeon but I saw one on youtube explain it, they don't actually dissolve as much as migrate so you just keep filling your face with more filler until you get that gross bloated look all-over.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

On one hand, I feel really sorry for her. She's clearly a broken person. On the other hand, she's done it all to herself because she has been trying to break into reality TV for years and finally made it. She probably wanted to be more KUWTK / The Hills and less honey-boo-boo / Jerry Springer, but she did it.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

InvisibleMonkey posted:

The idea is that you need to keep re-upping them because they dissolve in under a year, which gives the aesthetician plenty opportunity to sell you more filler in more places. HOWEVER, and I'm not a plastic surgeon but I saw one on youtube explain it, they don't actually dissolve as much as migrate so you just keep filling your face with more filler until you get that gross bloated look all-over.

That's....not how my doctor explained it to me. Your body actually does break down the hyaluronic acid, which you can accelerate with hyaluronase if you get too injection-happy, but they do dissolve over time (assuming you're not piling more on before it dissolves). Yeah, if you inject on top of existing injections, it probably will give you lumpy face, but I am pretty sure it does eventually break down and get disposed of.

That said, I only get three units every year and a half or so, so it's long gone before I re-up. That poo poo's expensive and I'm not gonna waste the money or effort (the lips do get uncomfortable for several days) when I have 20 extra pounds to focus on.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Maggie Fletcher posted:

That's....not how my doctor explained it to me. Your body actually does break down the hyaluronic acid, which you can accelerate with hyaluronase if you get too injection-happy, but they do dissolve over time (assuming you're not piling more on before it dissolves). Yeah, if you inject on top of existing injections, it probably will give you lumpy face, but I am pretty sure it does eventually break down and get disposed of.

That said, I only get three units every year and a half or so, so it's long gone before I re-up. That poo poo's expensive and I'm not gonna waste the money or effort (the lips do get uncomfortable for several days) when I have 20 extra pounds to focus on.

Ehh, let me find you the video because this guy had receipts in the form of x-rays. They do dissolve eventually, but I think he found migrated filler 10 years after it was injected so it's def not a matter of months. Also, many doctors use way too much since it's packaged in 1ml syringes and that should be enough for an entire face, but people just put them in one small area.

I was considering getting a little bit done in a future, but he's scared me straight (and wrinkly).

e: I think he still uses filler btw, just very sparingly and responsibly, which sounds fine. and yes, you can always have it dissolved but with the amount D'arcy has in her face that sounds like an ordeal in and of itself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoF_Ez27-L0

InvisibleMonkey fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 1, 2020

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i hate deavan's mother

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is the Happily Ever After s1 cast the worst? loving Pao, Devar and Karen, Pao, Daya, Noon, fuckin Pao. Horrendous. Oh and most of the season focuses on loving Loren on Israel. Yuck.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Pao is terrible. Her wanting to be a model is ridiculous. Girls like her and fernanda (also terrible) come here and their only model-like attribute is “not fat like Americans” and they think they’re going to make it big. Anfisa (also also terrible) at least found a niche in bodybuilding, and she busted her rear end for it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

this is what you get when you try to buy a butt and fail, you have to marry some generic Midwest fuckboy

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

this is what you get when you try to buy a butt and fail, you have to marry some generic Midwest fuckboy

You mean Russ?
Or Tim?
Or other Tim?
Or Paul?
Or...

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

otter posted:

You mean Russ?
Or Tim?
Or other Tim?
Or Paul?
Or...

Yeah, him!

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

I haven’t seen it yet except for a blurb on the internet but I feel for Angela getting a uterine biopsy. I had a surprise one once (mid exam so I couldn’t premedicate or otherwise prepare :mad:) and it is tied for worst pain ever with the time I was having a crown put on but they “discovered” an extra root on the tooth and had to kill it or something. Good lord, for her and her grandchildren’s sake I hope it’s not cancer :(

E: I am getting Murcel vibes from emotional support cat man.

E2: Jordan man: “my parents are related” :stare: When his brother was giving him the speech about finding someone you know and know their family I was thinking “nice local girl”. Brother apparently meant “cousin so and so”. Yikesaroo.

E3: Deavan: I’m leaving and not coming back until you get your poo poo together. Also Deavan: I signed a lease on an apartment sight unseen from 5k miles away so I can move back.

Thora fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 3, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Fat Albert in a can posted:

E2: Jordan man: “my parents are related” :stare: When his brother was giving him the speech about finding someone you know and know their family I was thinking “nice local girl”. Brother apparently meant “cousin so and so”. Yikesaroo.

To be fair, in Muslim families your cousin/sibling can be unrelated to you and just an adopted family member from a different branch/side. Or even from a friend's family. Chinese families do something similar by adopted nieces and nephews (in my experience).

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Life After Lockup is coming back if you have access to WeTV, and they've been running marathons. Boy howdy I forgot how insanely broken these people are.

"He's going to regret cheating on me. We're in a cycle where we try to hurt each other as much as we can...and I'm very good at that game."

Just BREAK UP WITH HIM YOU INSANE rear end in a top hat.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Boxman posted:

Life After Lockup is coming back if you have access to WeTV, and they've been running marathons. Boy howdy I forgot how insanely broken these people are.

"He's going to regret cheating on me. We're in a cycle where we try to hurt each other as much as we can...and I'm very good at that game."

The WETV app is garbage. You don’t get any past seasons!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Boxman posted:

:yeshaha:

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

The WETV app is garbage. You don’t get any past seasons!

And for some reason a lot of these shows are really hard to find on :filez:.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

To be fair, in Muslim families your cousin/sibling can be unrelated to you and just an adopted family member from a different branch/side. Or even from a friend's family. Chinese families do something similar by adopted nieces and nephews (in my experience).

Good info, thank you. I was hoping they wouldn’t wind up in a Blue Fugates of Kentucky Amman situation.

(Google the blue Fugates, it’s fascinating. Long story short two cousins with the same recessive gene had kids and they and their descendants were blue due to inheriting both little letters in the Punnett square (methhemoglobinemia)).

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Really looking forward to seeing one guy on the new season of Love After Lockup.

The guy with the ponytail, glasses, and an apparent addiction to shirts with tassels and fringes

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Organic Lube User posted:

And for some reason a lot of these shows are really hard to find on :filez:.

Yeah it’s ridiculous.

Like I have the channel let me watch the past episodes!

You can’t wait because they even take the current season episodes off for some stupid reason.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I assume it's some archaic cable deal enforcement

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I bought love after lockup S2 on amazon and like, the shows are somehow numbered 3 different ways, but are the same episodes and repeat, but are also available for purchase as another season. It’s all the same episodes.

It’s absolutely the biggest dogshit I’ve ever seen trying to actually give these assholes money to watch a show and I’m not sure what it says about me and my habits that I power through.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Which is why I just :filez: the instant a media company makes their poo poo the slightest bit difficult or expensive to access.

But yeah there's just a couple people seeding this stuff on TPB, and its usually poo poo quality.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Anyone know where I can stream season 2 of happily ever after?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Holy poo poo Liam is just a pure psychopath in the tell-all.