Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
Jovi and his whole family are gross. Bad enough that the dad thinks of Yara that way, but it sounds like Jovi does too. I don’t see any redeeming qualities in him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I'm way late to this but my wife is an immigrant and she was on a K1 visa (though we were living together for years before getting married in her country and then in America) and I can confirm that getting a spouse visa and getting them immigrated to the USA is a hell gently caress nightmare and it makes you understand why people would just jump the fence considering this poo poo still isn't over for us and we've already spent literally 5 years and like $5000 or more just to get to the point at which we are now (applying and waiting like 18 months for an interview to get her a green card that doesn't need to be renewed every 2 years (which costs like $600)LOL!!!)

Ironically, after we get it, we're getting the gently caress out of America once this poo poo is FINALLY finished

I love this show because it helps to highlight not only gross creepy weird fucks being awkward as hell, but also what a horrible shitshow goddamn gently caress the USCIS is

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Jovi's dad: I have concerns you're hooking up with my son to get to the great state of Louisiana
...also Jovi's dad: I have concerns you're trying to flee to Europe with my son

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I can't tell if it's his accent or he actually has a speech impediment because he sounds weird and I've been to the area before.

EDIT:

Also again, Jovi keeps talking about "the Bayou" and it's the most middle class, suburban bullshit ever.

We have an old saying on the Bayou

"Live, Laugh, Love"

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

LOL at Rebecca getting jealous of that girl being friendly to Zied.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mike: “we need to work on things before we get married”
Crazy Eyes: “ok let’s go talk to a therapist “
Mike: “gently caress that what good would that do”

Also Yara is a loving boss with that stupid Americans comeback

Also Mike: “She just sits there and doesn’t talk to me I don’t understand why she won’t talk to me when I ignore what she says and intentionally do things I know she hates when we try and talk”

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Feb 16, 2021

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

AHH F/UGH posted:

(applying and waiting like 18 months for an interview to get her a green card that doesn't need to be renewed every 2 years (which costs like $600)LOL!!!)

Ironically, after we get it, we're getting the gently caress out of America once this poo poo is FINALLY finished

I'm assuming the plan is a removal of conditions followed by naturalization and then peace-ing out? Or will you just be abandoning the green card once you're ready to leave?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

gret posted:

LOL at Rebecca getting jealous of that girl being friendly to Zied.

“Do you understand that you are in America and my daughter is friends with a hot SLUT!!!”

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

DuckConference posted:

I'm assuming the plan is a removal of conditions followed by naturalization and then peace-ing out? Or will you just be abandoning the green card once you're ready to leave?

Removal of conditions so we can come and go but not naturalization. We just don’t want to have to renew and do an interview every two years. She can keep her green card overseas.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WhyteRyce posted:

Mike: “we need to work on things before we get married”
Crazy Eyes: “ok let’s go talk to a therapist “
Mike: “gently caress that what good would that do”

Also Yara is a loving boss with that stupid Americans comeback

Also Mike: “She just sits there and doesn’t talk to me I don’t understand why she won’t talk to me when I ignore what she says and intentionally do things I know she hates when we try and talk”

He wore an earpiece to a couple's counseling session. He's just trolling and collecting the paycheck at that point.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

AHH F/UGH posted:

I'm way late to this but my wife is an immigrant and she was on a K1 visa (though we were living together for years before getting married in her country and then in America) and I can confirm that getting a spouse visa and getting them immigrated to the USA is a hell gently caress nightmare and it makes you understand why people would just jump the fence considering this poo poo still isn't over for us and we've already spent literally 5 years and like $5000 or more just to get to the point at which we are now (applying and waiting like 18 months for an interview to get her a green card that doesn't need to be renewed every 2 years (which costs like $600)LOL!!!)

I love this show because it helps to highlight not only gross creepy weird fucks being awkward as hell, but also what a horrible shitshow goddamn gently caress the USCIS is

What green card allows you to live abroad? I thought they got rescinded if they suspected you were living abroad, or if you were gone for more than 12 months (in some cases 24 months).

My spouse is also a foreigner, but I’m applying for Australian PR because it’s more forgiving (we can still live abroad) than if we got status in US but decide to live elsewhere. It was also $7k+, visas are loving expensive. Just applying for my kid’s UK citizenship cost like $1.5k. I don’t understand how the broke rear end folks on 90d afford it. Taxes are more complicated when married to a foreigner too so lol there is no way that someone like Deavan is doing that poo poo correctly.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Switchback posted:

What green card allows you to live abroad? I thought they got rescinded if they suspected you were living abroad, or if you were gone for more than 12 months (in some cases 24 months).

Yes, theoretically any absence of a year or more (up to 2 years with a re-entry permit) is considered abandonment of the green card status and could lead to the border agents pressuring them to relinquish the green card by signing an I-407 or referring them to an immigration judge for removal proceedings.

Although it's possible the poster has legal advice that they are likely to be able to easily get an SB-1 returning resident visa (not sure how difficult they are) or are unlikely to face scrutiny if they do flagpoling-type trips (returning to the US briefly every 6 months but not actually moving back as would be required to maintain permanent resident status).

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Yeah we're just going to come back once every year or two with the re-entry permit to visit family, and from the people we've talked to in the past, getting the passport stamp is fine for the 10-year green card. And at that, even if it lapses, it's no big deal frankly. I doubt once we're gone that either of us will want to move back to the States permanently again, though I might keep a barely furnished apartment or something to come back to in case I need to have a base in the USA.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Watching 90 Day Bares All and listening to Big Ed talk about his vasectomy

Shaun asked if he could still ride his vespa after that

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

WhyteRyce posted:

Watching 90 Day Bares All and listening to Big Ed talk about his vasectomy

Shaun asked if he could still ride his vespa after that

That sounds hilarious.

On the tell-all for season 2 of Before the 90 Days, myself. Paul only gets weirder and darker the more you see.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I'm just going to go ahead and say it... I'm starting to think Mike and Jovie aren't the nicest of guys in the world.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Jovi is absolutely an alcoholic and he's a piece of poo poo even when he's sober.

But to me, the worst person last night was Brandon. He's maybe the most spineless person in the show's history, he refuses to do or say anything that might possibly get him in trouble with his parents or lead to an awkward conversation. Blaming Julia for possibly being pregnant, holy loving poo poo. And then the whole "You should get on birth control because WE BOTH don't like condoms, right?" gently caress right off with that poo poo.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Jovi is one of those guys who you can super easily already see in your minds eye what he will look like in a few years when he bloats up from all the alcohol and gains like 85 pounds

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AHH F/UGH posted:

Jovi is one of those guys who you can super easily already see in your minds eye what he will look like in a few years when he bloats up from all the alcohol and gains like 85 pounds

I thought it was amazing that he came into the party, with a beer, thinking he got it from the bar when they came in but then I remembered he'd been drinking in the car. It was also hilarious with the juxtaposition of Jovi's mom's comments and Yara rightfully telling Jovi to gently caress off.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Jovi's destiny is to become the guy who perpetually has a Keystone Light in a beer koozie and tells you the same shaggy dog story every time you see him.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I worked with a guy like Jovi years ago. Constantly drinking at work parties, constantly dropping casual sexism about his wife, and even had that weird "I'm from the BAYOU, we live a little differently!" thing. In this guy's case it was about being Irish (his great grandparents had come from Ireland).

Last time I saw him on Facebook he was living back with his parents and was single again, so I assume things are going great.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I really don't get why Natalie is with Mike if she thinks he cheated on her. Like, she doesn't believe him when he says he didn't, so in her mind he's lying and did cheat. Would it make their relationship better if Mike just said he cheated, even if he didn't?

I'm trying to work out the prisoner's dilemma options for this situation but it's confusing.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

A Fancy Hat posted:

I worked with a guy like Jovi years ago. Constantly drinking at work parties, constantly dropping casual sexism about his wife, and even had that weird "I'm from the BAYOU, we live a little differently!" thing. In this guy's case it was about being Irish (his great grandparents had come from Ireland).

Last time I saw him on Facebook he was living back with his parents and was single again, so I assume things are going great.

Really not making me want to move to Pittsburgh with all these stories you tell lmao

AHH F/UGH fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 22, 2021

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Jovi straight up refuses to look at Yara any time he's not sexually assaulting her in front of his family. The man fundamentally does not see her as a human being.

Also lol at grey market medical scam spa lady having a fight with her mancandy, then immediately calling up his cousin that she's already had an affair with, telling him to come see her because she needs to see a friendly face, and then calling her psychic to complain about her boyfriend mistreating her.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
She's a hot, bizarro mess, but Stephanie was definitely the victim of nonconsensual sex.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

AHH F/UGH posted:

Really not making me want to move to Pittsburgh with all these stories you tell lmao

Most people are really good but there's absolutely something in the water the further you move outside of the city.

Also yeah, Stephanie sucks for a lotta reasons but the condom thing was horrific and she's justified in kicking him out. Maybe not so justified in calling a psychic to try and justify sleeping with Harris, though.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deadite posted:

I really don't get why Natalie is with Mike if she thinks he cheated on her. Like, she doesn't believe him when he says he didn't, so in her mind he's lying and did cheat. Would it make their relationship better if Mike just said he cheated, even if he didn't?

I'm trying to work out the prisoner's dilemma options for this situation but it's confusing.

I think Natalie has it in her head that this is one of her last chances at love because she's "old" or something along the lines of being "damaged" due to being divorced. She's obviously very conservative and has a lot of traditional notions about things so that wouldn't surprise me at all. I think she really doesn't know what to do with herself and saw Mike as her ticket to getting back on the right track.

If you made a movie about Stephanie, it would be seen as being too much and too unbelievable. As stated before she's like an Amy Sedaris or Maria Bamford character.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

AHH F/UGH posted:

Oh those guys are everywhere

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ryan lies about putting on a condom and I don’t think the show could drop any lower and then we see a preview of Jovi grouping Yara in front of his family

Is this the rock bottom episode of disgusting male behavior. I’m only 20 minutes in can this get worse

Jovi and Yara drink cozies I’m dead

Rebecca: “all American women are sluts”

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 23, 2021

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Never before have there been so many contenders for biggest piece of poo poo in a season... I think I have to go with Jovi as the biggest one, but Brandon is climbing every week

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

2DCAT posted:

Never before have there been so many contenders for biggest piece of poo poo in a season... I think I have to go with Jovi as the biggest one, but Brandon is climbing every week
Stephanie yo.

Has anyone else been this disgustingly obvious about being a sex tourist?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Stephanie yo.

there's been so many obvious sex tourists on this show, its hard to choose one

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Stephanie yo.

I dunno. Stephanie seemed more like she liked the IDEA of being bi, and as a bonus she knew that it would boost her views as a vlogger/nude camgirl. I don't think she was running a scam on purpose, but she sure as poo poo wasn't as genuinely committed as Erica.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hazo posted:

I dunno. Stephanie seemed more like she liked the IDEA of being bi, and as a bonus she knew that it would boost her views as a vlogger/nude camgirl. I don't think she was running a scam on purpose, but she sure as poo poo wasn't as genuinely committed as Erica.
I meant the current season 90 Day Stephanie, but really all the Stephanies are pretty terrible.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Stephanie yo.

Who was the guy who went to Colombia to meet up with a woman, and when she didn’t come see him he called the other woman in Colombia that he had been flirting with?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Deadite posted:

Who was the guy who went to Colombia to meet up with a woman, and when she didn’t come see him he called the other woman in Colombia that he had been flirting with?

Ricky!
IIRC the first girl did show up super late but was clearly uncomfortable.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

A Fancy Hat posted:

Most people are really good but there's absolutely something in the water the further you move outside of the city.

Also yeah, Stephanie sucks for a lotta reasons but the condom thing was horrific and she's justified in kicking him out. Maybe not so justified in calling a psychic to try and justify sleeping with Harris, though.

I was thinking of buying a house in like Buffalo or Rochester because you can get some insane deals but then I saw the crime statistics for that area and I'm like "hmmmm maybe not the Northeast", but maybe PA is not as horrible :shrug:

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Stephanie yo.

Stephanie and Ryan have to take the top prize. This season is absolutely insane, how do they even manage to find these horrible people. You'd think this was scripted.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

On the reverse of that was the Caribbean girl (I forgot exactly where) that was blatantly scamming one white dude while in love with another, and couldn't even keep their names straight in the interview. I think about her sometimes and hope she's doing well!

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Grem posted:

On the reverse of that was the Caribbean girl (I forgot exactly where) that was blatantly scamming one white dude while in love with another, and couldn't even keep their names straight in the interview. I think about her sometimes and hope she's doing well!

That was the one who caught scabies in the dominican republic, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Abby and Chris Sean!

That moment she said the wrong name was hilarious. I also hope she is doing well.