Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

That baby came from two white people but is just displaying recessive genes from her black father

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Does Ashley have implants?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Bold Robot posted:

Does Ashley have implants?

Probably. I was shocked she also has 2 kids that the show doesn't film.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Probably. I was shocked she also has 2 kids that the show doesn't film.

I think I read that Larissa has kids in Brazil that shes never mentioned

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Deadite posted:

Yup, I think hers is pretty young too. Why these people think a 20 year old player and a 30-something year old dork will make good fathers I will never understand.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

My personal favorite was the guy who lived in LA and every single one of his segments started with "I happen to be mormon"

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Deadite posted:

2 are confirmed, some say there is a third.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I went to her Instagram and there are no photos of her kid now. Heh

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Yup, I think hers is pretty young too. Why these people think a 20 year old player and a 30-something year old dork will make good fathers I will never understand.

That reminds me of Luis and Molly. She was acting like she expected him to just immediately become a full on parent when he's not only got to adjust to it but it was clear that her kids had already been through the 'Mom shares waaaay more than she should' with them and had probably been through the boyfriend-go-round enough to just not be in the mood to deal with it again. I nearly cheered when her eldest daughter moved out to get away from the drama.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

okay pedro did a lot of things wrong but he was in the right when he got in a fist fight with his fiance's brother

I think that relationship is the most scripted one. Pedro kicking over a conveniently placed table of snacks is straight out of the WWE.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Yessss this show is on Hulu! Generally my husband worships the ground I walk on, but when I put this show on I thought I saw contempt for the first time!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The way Luis says Molly just gets me every time.

Oh Mollly. I no father Mollllly.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
The 58 year old dude with the 19 year old fiance makes me want to puke. How the gently caress do you look at a girl younger than your daughter and think yeah, this is normal.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

remigious posted:

The 58 year old dude with the 19 year old fiance makes me want to puke. How the gently caress do you look at a girl younger than your daughter and think yeah, this is normal.

:dong:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

remigious posted:

The heart wants what it wants, love makes you do crazy things, etc.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

jokes posted:

The heart wants what it wants, love makes you do crazy things, etc.

heart is a weird way to spell penis

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Jamaican dude has a go fund me. Hes raised $45.

Lololol coltee called the cops on Larissa and now her green card is gonna get denied. They have a video poker machine in their dining room.

Abusive teenager being all well the baby is a US citizen, so if I wanna bring him back you dont really have a choice because he doesnt know about The Hague convention. Or Indo princess trying to stop paying child support. Do the producers ever explain laws?

All these people are such garbage, it makes me feel like Im made of gold.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Switchback posted:

Do the producers ever explain laws?

No but also probably a lot of this is scripted.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I think it's a testament to the fact that I watch way too much TV that while all of you are saying you only watch it because your wife does, I started on my own accord because I saw it had all-day marathons and I didn't have anything else to watch on sundays, and now I can't look away.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Does anyone know if Leidas family is actually rich? They werent staying in fancy hotels or anything on their visit and they didnt even stay in NYC.

Taking them to a cabin in Pennsylvania was pretty funny on the guys part though

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

How awesome was it last season when the doctor told Karine about her miscarriage and TLC televised the moment she learned her baby died, complete with the ultrasound showing the stopped fetus. TV gold. :kiss:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Bold Robot posted:

How awesome was it last season when the doctor told Karine about her miscarriage and TLC televised the moment she learned her baby died, complete with the ultrasound showing the stopped fetus. TV gold. :kiss:

holy gently caress

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

eleven extra elephants posted:

I've watched a large portion of this series in an incredibly confusing out of sequence order - the ones that stuck out with me the most were the couples that seemed mostly functional, like the really nice Mormon guy who married the Russian teen who liked to party back home and the Nigerian guy who made his fiance's son the best man at their wedding. I don't know the resolution to either of those but I hope it worked out for both of them. (I bet it didn't)

I thought the Russian couple were pretty functional too but when the baby came into the picture it made a sharp turn. it surprised the poo poo out of me cause he changed super quickly

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I started watching this.

It's funny because you can always see in the guys' eyes "this is about sex" but they say whatever else they can to address why they're doing this to some poor 18-year-old immigrant.

I think the worst part is when they say "love" like it means loving anything. Like it's some immutable authority by which they can behave in whatever way they feel so long as they say love is guiding their actions. My guy, it's your dick.

Also the worst part is during joint interviews when the guy says something like "we love each other so X doesn't matter" and the girl has a thousand-yard stare that'll be her constant companion.

Maybe the worst part, actually, are when they talk to each other or about each other in issues pertaining to sex and the guys always have that creepy blank half-smile.

Oh right, the whole show is the worst part.

A+/10 will never stop watching.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Given how broke and backwards many of the Americans are in the show, it makes me wonder about how they met the person in the first place. Mormon missionary? OK that makes sense. But some is the others seem so random. Like Nicole doesn't seem to be the type of person to just happen to visit Morocco. A lot of the people have either a fear or downright contempt for the culture their fiance is from, which makes it so :psyduck: that they sounds decide to marry someone from there in the first place.

I have a coworker who could've totally been one of the creepy guys on this show, since he married a Filipino woman and has kids younger than his own grandkids. Though in his case he actually does speak some tagalog and loves Filipino food.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think it was last season on Before the 90 Days and it briefly followed this single mom of 2 who was a stripper and was in love with this Muslim guy from Africa I think. She was like hmmmm surely he will be okay with me being a Christian and a stripper, no Muslin would have a problem with this right?? They would Skype and he would complain about the cross she would wear. Totally healthy and normal. He ended up ghosting her when she was about to come visit him.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

In the beginning, it was probably simply just a bunch of liars, but now that the show has been a thing for a while, I guarantee a good fraction of them pursue relationships like this solely to get on the show and launch their reality TV career.

As a side note, I hate that there are "career" reality TV stars. It kind of kills the "reality" aspect of it when you see the same people on big brother, survivor, another season of big brother, another survivor... get some new people.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Angela from last season has been on a few episodes of Maury.

im dead
Dec 14, 2018

Fabulousity posted:

I think there was a worse clip with the panel setup where he literally told her to go see a doctor and every other couple is totally horrified. When the other noted scumbags started to turn on the guy en masse he walked off set.

Yeah that whole thing was bad too. Pedro was a flaming jackass but she was dumb for putting up with him and her family were a bunch of trolls who I figured were just trying to chase him off. I dunno if they were after their own dumb TLC show.

I don't think I really paid attention to any of this until the whole Jim Bob Duggar thing at which point I started to mock my wife for watching that show. Looks like she and TLC won in the end. ...But I also got her to watch and love all of Happy! and look forward to season two so I guess there's that small ray of sunshine.

The pain and self-loathing on her face is heart wrenching. Made it about 10 seconds, seeing her bottom lip quiver as she holds back tears was too much.

Or the whole thing was scripted and I'm a giant idiot.

Probably a little of column A, a little of column B amirite?

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010

Deadite posted:

Does anyone know if Leidas family is actually rich? They werent staying in fancy hotels or anything on their visit and they didnt even stay in NYC.

Taking them to a cabin in Pennsylvania was pretty funny on the guys part though

I thought the same but when they were looking at wedding venues she said her first wedding cost $300k.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Good god this 19 year old has never driven before and the geriatric gently caress gives her a freaking Miata and says drive me home!
And then he admits that he bought the same car for his ex wife.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

the chief v2 posted:

I thought the same but when they were looking at wedding venues she said her first wedding cost $300k.

and they repeatedly offered to get a better hotel and pay for the wedding and a better place to stay etc but eric preferred to bang his weird lumpy bride on the twin bed while the baby slept on the floor like a dog.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I know a guy that serial dates women and buys them all the same gifts at the same relationship milestones. They start to think it is serious and he then breaks up with them. This is a 2 year cycle, like clockwork. He's clearly hooked to the honeymoon period and will never change. I feel sorry for him, but even sorrier for the women that fall for it.

im dead
Dec 14, 2018
Ok I watched more of it why do i do these things to myself for gently caress's sake

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

yeah I eat rear end posted:

In the beginning, it was probably simply just a bunch of liars, but now that the show has been a thing for a while, I guarantee a good fraction of them pursue relationships like this solely to get on the show and launch their reality TV career.

As a side note, I hate that there are "career" reality TV stars. It kind of kills the "reality" aspect of it when you see the same people on big brother, survivor, another season of big brother, another survivor... get some new people.

I'm not really a big reality TV person, but what bugs me is that this seems to permeate everything so much so that I've seen crossover in the little I do watch.

Wife and I watched a couple seasons of Are You the One on MTV (notorious for wannabe models to go on) and there was a Middle Eastern/Israeli guy named Asaf. Queue 12 months later and we stumble upon Worst Cooks in America, and boom there he is, but his only background is that he is like maybe a single guy with a loving family? Idk I can't even remember. His first meal was akin to blended vegetables in a can, so try-hard "look at me" that I wanted to die, and the woman judge was like "oh Asaf you lovable young guy, we gotta make you better!"

You know he (and a thousand other "reality TV stars") has an agent just going around and around peddling that they can react on camera and will do whatever the producers what.

So I don't doubt on these shows sometimes you get really true naive people, but 80% are pure looking for fame/money, and 20% plebes are reenacting real things that happened when the cameras weren't there only this time with coaching from the producers.

The only time it works is The Challenge.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

I know a guy that serial dates women and buys them all the same gifts at the same relationship milestones. They start to think it is serious and he then breaks up with them. This is a 2 year cycle, like clockwork. He's clearly hooked to the honeymoon period and will never change. I feel sorry for him, but even sorrier for the women that fall for it.

This seems like the perfect sort of situation to set up a website listing the timeline of the relationship to direct the women he's dating to.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I can never handle these kinds of shows. I get secondhand embarrassment really easily and I must remain blissfully ignorant to these human trainwrecks or I start cringing and never stop.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

i love trash reality television op and will watch this

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

I can never handle these kinds of shows. I get secondhand embarrassment really easily and I must remain blissfully ignorant to these human trainwrecks or I start cringing and never stop.

i do too. it was tough first season with the fat cleveland guy and the russian girl who was obviously using him for a visa (she had been rejected for a work visa prior). one night he tried to kiss her and she goes "what are you doing???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Leon Einstein posted:

It was hilarious seeing them force her to eat the sheep head.

My foreign family-inlaws did this to me and it was fun. Turns out eyeballs aren't so bad, but brain is pretty gross (custard like).