Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Hate myself for getting into this show this season with my wife. They definitely have them reenact arguments if they don't happen when a camera is there (see Blondie's fight with her friend in the yard)

Everyone is so dumb, the Indonesian woman is evil, and Fernanda and Jonathan are at least idiots who are mostly on the same page. Everyone else is seriously looking at their relationships with some hosed up perspectives.

Midwest loser literally said he was considering flying to the Middle East and fight ISIS, dude is hardcore depressed and retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

yeah I eat rear end posted:

In the beginning, it was probably simply just a bunch of liars, but now that the show has been a thing for a while, I guarantee a good fraction of them pursue relationships like this solely to get on the show and launch their reality TV career.

As a side note, I hate that there are "career" reality TV stars. It kind of kills the "reality" aspect of it when you see the same people on big brother, survivor, another season of big brother, another survivor... get some new people.

I'm not really a big reality TV person, but what bugs me is that this seems to permeate everything so much so that I've seen crossover in the little I do watch.

Wife and I watched a couple seasons of Are You the One on MTV (notorious for wannabe models to go on) and there was a Middle Eastern/Israeli guy named Asaf. Queue 12 months later and we stumble upon Worst Cooks in America, and boom there he is, but his only background is that he is like maybe a single guy with a loving family? Idk I can't even remember. His first meal was akin to blended vegetables in a can, so try-hard "look at me" that I wanted to die, and the woman judge was like "oh Asaf you lovable young guy, we gotta make you better!"

You know he (and a thousand other "reality TV stars") has an agent just going around and around peddling that they can react on camera and will do whatever the producers what.

So I don't doubt on these shows sometimes you get really true naive people, but 80% are pure looking for fame/money, and 20% plebes are reenacting real things that happened when the cameras weren't there only this time with coaching from the producers.

The only time it works is The Challenge.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

She is a bartender

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Also Jonathan confirmed him and Fernanda separated in late December! Honestly shocking because they were both like mentally 16 year olds so I thought they'd work it out but...