Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I remember reading an article where the producers said that a lot of times it was the catfish who reached out to the show first. They'd get the details, get the person being catfished to write in, then go from there. The claim was that while it was all planned ahead of time, Nev and Max were going into it blind and still researching it all.

I got bored of Catfish because it seemed that lately every other episode was the crew being had. Fake catfishes just for the sake of getting a free trip, etc.

Back on topic though, these kind of shows always just feel a bit off. While there are some scripted elements, some people feel 100% scripted. Maybe it's because they're really awkward in general (hence being on 90 Day) combined with having cameras on them, but other times it just feels like bad acting all the way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I just watched the episode in their second season where the situation of her sending money comes up. The first thought is "really, he's not working and she's just sending him money?" Then you find out he got fired because she kept texting and calling him at work. Then she doesn't want him to get a job unless it lets him chat with her while he's working because she can't text at work. She'd rather he doesn't work just so they have the time to chat.

Oh, and the sheep's head was hilarious as well. "I find it funny because this is the first time you haven't been hungry" or something like that.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
My wife and I are most of the way through season five the David/Annie thing keeps getting better. I love how his story starts out with him talking about his divorce and weight loss that came after it, but he's fat and waddling around the whole time. His friend's brother-in-law even compares him to The Penguin from Batman. We just watched the episode where his kids meet Annie for the first time. After that disastrous encounter, David thinks it is a good idea for Annie to meet his daughter one-one-one where she proceeds to tell Annie how he cheated on their mom with numerous women and loves sleeping with prostitutes. lol.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Grem posted:

Watching the tell all for the season with Annie and David on it. Antonio, the guy David gets in a fight with, tells Annie she's just in it for the green card. The host has the GALL to say "that's a pretty serious accusation" like this isn't what the whole loving show is based on.

My wife and I watched that episode last night as well. Nicole's mom was awesome. I :lol:ed every time Nicole tried to shush her mom for embarrassing her by answering questions and making Nicole look like the complete child she is.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
There's also the fact that like every other reality show, the producers encourage the bridezillas to amp it up and do reshoots of interactions to come off crazier.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I can't stand watching any segments with the family Chantel. I can't tell if her entire family are missing chromosomes or they are just the worst actors, but they have the worst speech patterns. It's just too awkward to listen to them speak.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Watching that tell all last night, I feel like Corey is aware of what a doormat he is (finally?), but he knows if he asks the wrong question or says the wrong thing in front of her, he's done for and all of the money he's put into her is down the drain. It was like he had something on the tip of his tongue, but just couldn't get it out.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Tim: I'm not gay, I wasn't born a woman, I like girls.
Zied: *strokes chin*

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Internet Wizard posted:

Sasha sucks but Betsy is also the worst. Like she was just reading a list of arguments she got off a fat positive tumblr or something at one point. Acting like a dude like Sasha doesn't know what he's talking about when he says american cereal has too much sugar.

But also Sasha is scum and I hate all of them.

Betsy's mom: Betsy, honey, it's almost bed time. Time to brush your teeth.
Betsy, age 7: Who are you to tell me to brush my teeth? Are you a dentist? Where's your degree?

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

otter posted:

Is it just me or is David a complete fuckwit?
Yes. mmmm

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Internet Wizard posted:

Word of warning: the first 2-3 season of original recipe 90 Day are pretty dull compared to later seasons and the purestrain joy of all of the seasons of Before the 90

Maybe rose colored glasses and all, but I think I prefer the earlier seasons. Less "holy poo poo!" moments overall, but it felt a lot more genuine. So much these days seems staged, especially how badly delivered some of the lines are. I know some people just live for trainwrecks and trash, but I swear I had more fun in the earlier seasons rooting for some of them and trying to figure out who might just want a green card. The newer season casts feel more like sitcom characters in their outrageousness.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Yet another series...

https://www.thewrap.com/90-day-fiance-before-the-90-days-spinoff-b90-strikes-back/

quote:

Per TLC, “With its raw, irreverent style, 'B90 Strikes Back!' will give devotees of the series something more to shout about. The couples will finally address the online commentary for each respective episode in the same air order, as well as the opinions of the ‘Pillow Talk’ cast by watching clips, reacting to what the pillow talkers are saying and striking back at burning tweets for the most recent ‘Before the 90 Days’ and ‘Pillow Talk’ seasons. Fans can look forward to commentary on some of the most outrageous moments addressed by their favorite cast members directly, all self-shot from their homes.”

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I don't want to sound too mean, but she reminds me of Quasimodo from Disney's Hunchback with long blonde hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
They need to drop Avery's rear end too after those comments someone mentioned on the last page. Here they are courtesy of a reddit post.