Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hi kids, I'd like you to meet your new mom. She's 20 years younger than me and is only here because I told her I was rich. Also she hates you so you'll all need to leave the house in the next few hours. Please help me try to make this work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hi Mom, I'd like you to meet my new wife. She was kicked out of Brazil for being too obnoxious. Also she hates you so you'll need to leave the house in the next few hours. Please help me try to make this work.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
My new husband is having trouble finding a job in the States because his only job skills involve smashing coconuts with a rock.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

Huh so international sex trafficking is a reality show now

I don't think there is a whole lot of sex going on in most of these connections.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The evidence of that is pretty blatant since they clearly slapped a fake beard and a wig on steven to play his own "lawyer". Seriously, those dudes are the same people. I refuse to believe otherwise.

I liked this 90 day fiance lawyer the best

He looks like he posts here.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

My Linux Rig posted:

most of the people I’ve seen on this show don’t have much money to take. they’re usually living in an apartment or with their parents

When they do get fleeced it's pretty rough. Jbali married a large Ohio woman, cleared out her checking account, maxed out her credit cards then just skipped town.

I'm surprised this guy didn't get deported, but she wanted to try and work it out.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Miz Kriss posted:

Oh my god, last season was a plethora of trainwrecks combined into a giant fireball of disaster. Other than the Dutch guy and the 40 year old woman trying to be 20, there was the Nigerian guy who only was gonna be with this old white trash lady was because he thought all Americans knew Donald Trump.

She went to Nigeria with him and she was extremely excited to buy cartons of discount cigarettes at the local bazaar.

I think he ended up stealing 200 bucks out of her checking account then splitting.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

I don't think I saw this particular episode

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

M_Sinistrari posted:

Chantal's family was insane with the insisting of the Dominican Republic sex ring to marry Americans being led by Pedro's mother. I also thought they were horrible to his family out in the country.

I did like how Chantal complained about not having any money while Pedro played video games on a new neon lighted PC gaming rig, complete with dual monitors and steering wheel.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Colt's cousin John who is always wearing at least two "Friendly's" branded articles of clothing at any given time

Even at the wedding!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

okay pedro did a lot of things wrong but he was in the right when he got in a fist fight with his fiance's brother

I think that relationship is the most scripted one. Pedro kicking over a conveniently placed table of snacks is straight out of the WWE.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

patb01 posted:

I know Jorge is one of those people who makes things worse by being an idiot.

Which is pretty much this show.

Jorge told his fiance he was rich, but that was based upon money he planned on making in the future.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sorry for the silly and racist question:

But are the guys/ladies always from Africa/South America/Asia/East Europe? Are there any where the American is trying to get hitched with a "white" English speaking person from South Africa/NZ/Aus/UK/Ireland etc.?

I would imagine that these people wouldn't make as good TV, for there would be less cultural clashes, and less chances to go "Haha look at the silly foreigner and their inability to speak English and understand the ways of Walmart and PigglyWiggly." etc.

There was one guy from England, but his visa got denied because he had an old habit of getting real drunk and fighting people.

There also was a guy from Israel in one, pretty dull though. Everything went fairly smoothly.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Coltee is back, with a new tough guy goatee.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's proper etiquette to wear cargo shorts to sham marriages.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

rear end cobra posted:

Highlight of that season is Jesse talking about how folding new york pizza "is not etiquette, babe"

His parents seemed pretty cool

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

This series is amazing

What is wrong with America, why are these dudes looking for foreign wives

They seem to be either old and divorced, secretly gay, extremely weird, or a combination of all three. Instead of coming to terms with whatever personal problem they have they hitch their gigantic bag of poo poo to some naive foreign girl who's in search of the American dream.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Min_sora posted:

Darcey is absolutely desperate for fame (although, actually, the Dutch guy seemed that way too). Her and her sister tried to have some twin reality show back before they both wrecked their faces, and they even made a song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XVk8QvWEQ0 Enjoy.

Hahahahahahahaha

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

yeah I eat rear end posted:

yeah but I swear i read somewhere that the documentary wasn't exactly truthful.

In the Catfish movie Nev travels to rural Upper Michigan to meet a woman claiming to be a beautiful model and an 8-year-old child prodigy artist who also happens to have her own art gallery in rural Upper Michigan. He either knew what was going to happen and wanted to film a yooper train-wreck, or he is the biggest dumb-rear end on planet earth.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Paul Zuvella posted:

Have you ever seen the film? There is a pretty overt air of skepticism on everyone's part, including Nev, about the authenticity of any part of the story. A huge part of the movie is Nev talking about, even though he knew that she was not real, he was still disappointed for some reason.

I did see the movie, I think Nev's skepticism and disappointment were all apart of the act. Nev and his brother knew it was fake, so they conned the people trying to con them. It resulted in a pretty entertaining movie and a lot of success for them.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

It’s also possible (and likely) that neither of them are “victims”’ but just terrible people.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to single out a "victim" most of the time. It's more like watching two people play chicken.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

he lied about being rich, sold a bunch of weed to buy her things to seem like he was rich, and she wanted a green card

i think the better question is why is she still is STILL married to him even though he's in jail

Because now she gets to stay in the US without ever seeing him.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

WhyteRyce posted:

Also I'm disappointed this thread isn't giving more appreciation for the ninja turtle rear end penguin batman rear end bitch moment. That was peak show for me.

It was the absolute perfect thing to say.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Account McAccount posted:

Maybe it was that 10 year financial dependency thing Ashley was talking about; rich guy was aware and didn't want to be responsible for her so he made some other poor sap have to deal with it.

You don't become a big shot rich guy by writing a lot of checks.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

There are a lot of stupid people on this show but Paul is on another level. Like he got kicked in the head by a mule or something.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

WhyteRyce posted:

Any dream lineup has to include Darcy yelling at psycho dude for not cutting steak on the bias

I could see them getting back together just to get on TV, even though they obviously hate each other.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

WhyteRyce posted:

Maybe at the start but you can see a clear regression with each new haircut

He looks like he's slowly being poisoned.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Colt, you're fat and bad at sex. Also, I need you to kill your mom.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Paul is on a new level of weird, and he doesn't even have to try at it.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

WhyteRyce posted:

Can we talk about Pedros sweet gaming rig

It gets bigger every season!

Pedro wants to go back to the Dominican Republic. Chantel doesn't seem to like him anymore. Yet here they are.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

baw posted:

holy poo poo i hate when chantal's mom tries to speak spanish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jyGsKOzEVE

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Colte orders pre-mixed poison online to kill his mother and/or wife.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

WhyteRyce posted:

I very much enjoyed the apathetic you'll be with the cat line from Pedro

Man she's totally going to destroy his sweet gaming rig while he's gone isn't she

We can only hope

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Piggy Smalls posted:

That Ecuador chick is using that idiot backwoods living whitey. It’s more of a trainwreck show than the original series.

I did like how he just hands her giant wads of cash

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Grem posted:

What's amazing is I don't think anyone gets out of this show any more messed up than when they came in.

Everyone except Jorge who is in prison right now.

But it might not be related to the show, unless his wife TOLD him to store 300 pounds of marijuana in his car.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

gret posted:

e: LOL Colt at the bail bondsman is hilarious.

Mr. Tony was a class act

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

rear end cobra posted:

this season really picking up at the end, what an absolute incredible moron every single person except dad andrei is

e: still havent watched a single second of russ/pao get on my level

But that means you missed seeing the kiddie pool she is going to give birth in at home.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

WhyteRyce posted:

how do you empty out a home birth kiddie pool

Dump it in your neighbor's yard during the dead of night.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

WhyteRyce posted:

I think that died and she knows her and Russ are about to be relegated to What Now webisode status so she's calling up Juan to add drama

"Juan, I need you to come to america so you can call my husband a pussy right to his face. POST HASTE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm guessing he somehow overthought his cow poo poo shoveling job