Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Still on Xmas holidays so excited to wake up at a reasonable time and watch WK13 at a reasonable time from the UK :woop:

Aesculus posted:

Also SANADA should shave his beard back to what it was at New Beginning :colbert:

SANADA's beard is a thing of beauty. More beard just equals more beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Gonna work 12 hours tomorrow, volunteer another 3, then stay up all night for some wrestlemans

hell yeah

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I am going to watch Friday after a good night’s sleep.

I am very excited to watch the good show but I’d say I’m less excited than I was for either the G1 finals or Dominion. Probably more excited than I was for last year’s WK though.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Hahahahaha holy gently caress this Naito/Jericho press conference is so great :allears:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They saved the one press conference fight for this one and it was amazing. Super hyped for Jericho/Naito now

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Naito/Jericho appears to be No DQ.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1080721070078873600

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy fucccccck :vince:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

less than 24 hours remain

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I swear he's said this exact line before.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I am exceedingly excited about this show. It is my 1 year anniversary with NJPW World.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

We're at YTR's bar with a buncha goons and it's truly troubling how normal Yano looks in a sweater

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's WRESTLE KINGDOM DAY

extradite THIS! posted:

We're at YTR's bar with a buncha goons and it's truly troubling how normal Yano looks in a sweater

Also Auritech tried explaining Cavauro to Yano

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Does NJPW let you start WK from the beginning if you tune in late or can you only watch it live?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

You can go back to the beginning of the stream, but there's no "start from beginning" option on live streamed events. Basically start, try to ignore what's on TV that moment, and scrub that bar back to the beginning and fruitlessly futz around until you find the gauntlet match starting or the VTR for WK itself because they'll be running their ad copy for who knows how long before the show.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

born on a buy you posted:

Does NJPW let you start WK from the beginning if you tune in late or can you only watch it live?

You can rewind the live stream. In the past I've covered up the top of my laptop or phone screen so all I could see was the scroll bar to avoid spoilers.

I think I'll just watch after my morning run tomorrow. I considered staying up but I haven't pulled an all nighter since undergrad and my body just can't handle that kind of disruption anymore.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Aesculus posted:

Hahahahaha how the gently caress did they manage to pipe in the audio for a guitar ad into the livestream?

Also SANADA should shave his beard back to what it was at New Beginning :colbert:

What you don't like the amish pee dyed beard

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Jericho/Naito is now No DQ. Because Naito scribbled "NO DQ" on the contract. (And because Jericho knows his limitations)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hopefully someone will drive out in a Hummer because Dome garbage matches need wacky entrances.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

forkboy84 posted:

I am exceedingly excited about this show. It is my 1 year anniversary with NJPW World.

I canceled my access some time before G1 last year because my credit card had expired and it was giving me heck about changing bank info.

I just tried it again and it works now, so I'M BACK BABY! Gonna play G1 cards in the background while I work today!!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

still on track to sleep tonight and wait to watch until my ladyfriend comes home tomorrow evening.

i remembered stories of people trying to watch the g1 on a delay and finding the front page of njpw world covered in spoilers, so i will keep a tab open with the direct link to the wk feed.

i am terrified of attempting this.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
The "series" page has been spoiler free for me so far.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

cams posted:

still on track to sleep tonight and wait to watch until my ladyfriend comes home tomorrow evening.

i remembered stories of people trying to watch the g1 on a delay and finding the front page of njpw world covered in spoilers, so i will keep a tab open with the direct link to the wk feed.

i am terrified of attempting this.

Bookmark a link to the schedule page and only go there. Works for me.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
You could also use the njpwext Chrome extension which does its best to hide spoilers. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/njpwext/kdelcebcdheimimhenmhndnbefbkbien

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Living in the UK makes it really horrible to be an MMA fan having to stay up until 6am to watch UFC cards, but watching New Japan is very good because I will go to the shops soon to get some snacks and some drinks and then I will go to bed before 10 tonight, and wake up at about 6:30am ready to watch the best wrestling at a reasonable hour.

Deathlove posted:

You could also use the njpwext Chrome extension which does its best to hide spoilers. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/njpwext/kdelcebcdheimimhenmhndnbefbkbien

Yes, this is a really good thing.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
this year I think I will take my mid-show match during the tag team match/first ten minutes of Cody vs. Juice

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Deathlove posted:

i'll be streaming it to chromecast via my phone, so i'll just bookmark the schedule page and leave it there. thanks all, i usually don't care a lot about spoilers but it's loving wrestlekingdom and i care.

tbh the thing i am most afraid of is just opening twitter as a force of habit and immediately seeing something.

should uninstall it from my devices.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The balloon is about to get popped.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsKqC4aHnKg/

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He feels like a long shot but I want Knife Pervert to win. Bring that crowd to their lowest so that Tanahashi can bring them to highest of heights when he beats Omega. Go Ace!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Living in the UK makes it really horrible to be an MMA fan having to stay up until 6am to watch UFC cards, but watching New Japan is very good because I will go to the shops soon to get some snacks and some drinks and then I will go to bed before 10 tonight, and wake up at about 6:30am ready to watch the best wrestling at a reasonable hour.

Did a double lunch shop today to make sure I don't have to leave the house tomorrow :dukedog:

Gumball Gumption posted:

He feels like a long shot but I want Knife Pervert to win.

Tokyo Dome will breathe with the Switchblade :hai:

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

If knife pervert wins then Gedo wins! Nooooooo!!!!

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Ladies and gentlemen, I have an important announcement to make:

Go Ace.

Thank you for your time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tanahashi
Jay White
Naito

that's all I care/want at this point.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

Tanahashi
Jay White
Naito

that's all I care/want at this point.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I want Knife Pervert to win so Bullet Club can go back to being the disruptive detestable heels they're best at being.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Gonna finish this gig, gonna take a nap at home, gonna do a midnight Wawa run and play Smash until the gauntlet starts.

I’m here for that Ace.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Man I gotta go to work tomorrow morning, might catch the Trios gauntlet but that's about it.

Thankfully I work out in the sticks so I can't be spoilered at lunchtime unless the results make it to the BBC website somehow.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Zack Sabre Jr wins title, challenges Theresa May.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How long until GO ACE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

How long until GO ACE?

About 15 hours