Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
me rn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyHXzYTuLi4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah, Unfortunate Events is about as good as ever, which is positive in my eyes. Having fun with it.
Is it better than the books? I've avoided it because I hated the books so much.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

pahuyuth posted:

My first binge of 2019 was a rewatch of The Mick S1. so very very good.

On to S2!

That show made me think about what white people are allowed to karaoke. I think Biggie would be disappointed if she censored herself.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

I’ve never read them, so I can’t speak to how much the show follows them, but it does at least do every book in order

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I can't see how anyone would like it if they actively hated the books. It's basically the books in TV form

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The second (and let's face it, final) season of The Punisher should be dropping on Netflix in January. And this time, I think the bad guys are alt-right Christian fundamentalist militia types, which is going to be awesome.

I dunno, it seemed like it might be awesome to have Frank go after CIA guys and PMC guys instead of street criminals but it was pretty dull instead. Maybe that was a result of fully half the cast being ex-marines ex-soldiers and cops, though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o308rJlWKUc

Dunno if I've seen Gillian in a comedy role before.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
How does this have <10k views???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkVKjKOoacc

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

She has excellent comedic timing and is hilarious at both con appearances I have seen her at.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I read that as “Gilliam” and spent that entire trailer confused as heck

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

She has excellent comedic timing and is hilarious at both con appearances I have seen her at.

Yeah she’s part of the “Seems to only get dour scoldy roles despite being funny and charming irl” club with Lena Headley and Evangeline Lily

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

zoux posted:

Yeah she’s part of the “Seems to only get dour scoldy roles despite being funny and charming irl” club with Lena Headley and Evangeline Lily

I was going to say that Evangeline Lilly always seemed dour and scoldy all the time but then I realized I was thinking of Liv Tyler. How did I get those two confused?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Liv was good in Empire Records.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/dhm/status/1080474786973798401

HoF news fuckup right there

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A dead cop seeing the fitting sendoff they deserve, I see! :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
When you think about it all cops are megadoodoos.

ACAM

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

zoux posted:

Scully was often a comedic role, depending on the episode. Gillian is hilarious.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

When she couldn’t pronounce Diedre I knew some good poo poo was about to go down and she certainly delivered a mega-doodoo. Good god.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

source

Also Super Dave Osborne died : (

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 2, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not sure if I’m surprised by The Office, as it constantly seems to be running on at least one of three channels on my cable sub. But I guess a ton of people have Netflix and no cable.

I watch I think s2-5 episodes when I see them and are bored, but can’t be bothered to relive the final years.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1080532387161755648

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also learned that he's Albert Brooks' older brother, and that Albert Brooks birthname is indeed Albert Einstein.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

source

Also Super Dave Osborne died : (

Isn't that going to be heavily weighted by the fact that shows like The Office and Friends have 10+ seasons of 22+ episodes whereas the Netflix originals have far fewer episodes so will have far less individual views anyway?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Those numbers could all be bullshit since it's not released by Netflix but some marketing company.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There are some early 20 somethings that work in the adjacent department that never saw The Office on TV when it aired and watch it on Netflix all the time and are always talking about it. I wouldn't be surprised if just as many people are watching it now as were watching when it originally aired.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rarity posted:

Isn't that going to be heavily weighted by the fact that shows like The Office and Friends have 10+ seasons of 22+ episodes whereas the Netflix originals have far fewer episodes so will have far less individual views anyway?

I see stuff from the Office subreddit on r/all way, way more than any other show so I believe it.

Mu Zeta posted:

Those numbers could all be bullshit since it's not released by Netflix but some marketing company.

Also true.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yo, gas here is stupid cheap, what the hell :eyepop:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I finished Sally4Ever and it was very not worth it

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yo, gas here is stupid cheap, what the hell :eyepop:

What the gently caress, where is this magical fantasyland?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

1998?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lmao, New Orleans, although the price of gas is one of the very few benefits of living here

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I would eat muffaletta every day

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What is Gillian Anderson's "natural" accent?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Wheat Loaf posted:

She was born in the US but spent her formative years in the UK, iirc. When she returned to the US for middle/high school she had an accent and got rid of it.

American is probably her 'natural' accent but :shrug: she's one of those people who lived enough in both countries to just kind of go back and forth depending on where she is/what country's production she's working on.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
She claims that both are after living in the UK for so long and that she switches depending on where she is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gas hit 1.79 in NE Indiana today. My sister it works for a large local company (Lassus) and says it will drop further.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not that low in my area but it has definitely dropped under $2 where I live.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

I would eat muffaletta every day
You might think I'm a monster for this, but every time I eat a muffaletta, I scrape off the olive salad :v: I like the flavor of the juices that soak into the bread but I don't like olives, so I just eat the bread, cheese and meat.

Rhyno posted:

Gas hit 1.79 in NE Indiana today. My sister it works for a large local company (Lassus) and says it will drop further.
That's wild! I've been driving for over a decade now and I've never seen it drop this low. It's dropped under 2 bucks before, but I've definitely never paid $1.61 before.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Just google "Gillian Anderson interview".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I started driving in the late 90s so I've had some pretty big swings because when I was starting out it would semi-regularly go under $1. Then in the mid 00s it zoomed up to about $4 and stayed closer to that for way too long.