Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Croatoan posted:

In 2019 Fringe was still the best show ever.

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is it better than the books? I've avoided it because I hated the books so much.

I can't see how anyone would like it if they actively hated the books. It's basically the books in TV form

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The books don't have a tonal change, they went for a somewhat more positive ending in the show.

Whether or not that was the right choice idk.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shbiwCCMDHQ

This is absurd revisionism. This woman has stolen countless national and historical landmarks, she is not a hero!!

What the

It must be a ruse, she's playing the long game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

I remember when The Grinder had a joke so bad and unfunny it made me stop watching the show and then everyone started using that as like the go-to joke to reference the series and acting like it was hilarious

What was the joke???

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm imagining it now and laughing, good stuff

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Orphan Black is probably the most uneven show I've ever watched, but I liked how it ended and I'm glad I watched all of it good and bad

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Argue posted:

Russian Doll was great; I could have done with a longer ending, because I hate it when a time loop thing ends the moment the loop ends instead of showing us a little bit of what comes next, but all in all not a big problem. Plus, they apparently pitched this as a 3 season thing so there's still a chance I see what happens next? I have no idea where it could go from that point though, unless they follow new characters, but whatever, I'm in for any and all time loop anythings.

Yeah I had this feeling too, but if it really is more seasons that'll be cool. I always wondered where Daybreak would've gone if it had another season...

gently caress Mike though am I right guys, what a piece of poo poo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aw Kimmy Schmidt had a really great ending. That made me happy.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's a lot of seasons

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

drat I fell for it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

By the time you turn 40 you’re either a precision or a Rocksicles

Oh god

that's bleak

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's no more arbitrary than Groundhog Day. There it happened to teach a lovely self centered rear end in a top hat to care about others, here it was to teach two differently miserable people that there were other, less self destructive ways they could live their lives.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

I feel like I can never quite get a consensus on whether this show is good or not.

I've never watched it but the book was such garbage that I can't bring myself to believe the show could be any good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think you're simultaneously putting Star Trek on a pedestal and not giving the Orville enough credit.

Star Trek certainly has a much longer and more impressive pedigree at this point but the Orville has done some good stuff in its 1.5 seasons so far.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It was a very cool spectacle but I don't think it's particularly fair to compare it to stuff from 20+ years ago.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I need a god drat Jan Michael Vincent :cry:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't believe it took Guy Mann this long to get himself banned

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Basically Lowtax is severely in debt due to his medical bills and that raises the question of whether he can afford to keep the forums up and running.

That said he hasn't said anything about shutting them down so I guess it remains to be seen how well his donation drive goes.

If you want to know more he went into a lot of detail here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884184

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 12, 2019

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh my god

That makes the clip in the Video zoux posted earlier even better - where she has a big revelation that the taser they'd been talking about for a minute must have been used to tase someone!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Dexter threads were the best part of this forum and the only reason i kept watching that stupid show

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo Barbra

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's true, thankfully he is not real and thus is funny

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I make threads at the last minute if no one else has and they're lucky if I put an image in it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GreenNight posted:

Santa Clarita has been canceled.

Really?? I just watched it boo

Where are you seeing that though, I can't find anything.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SpoilerTV's source is a single tweet from a spanish subtitle website :thunk:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah unless Green Night has found something else I haven't there's no real announcement or anything

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

God drat it and what a lovely place to end it too

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Did Daenerys finally snap last night or something

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah Cersei's force surrenders but Dany goes nuts and burns down King's Landing anyway

lol cool

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Evil angry Dolores is just boring.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I thought game of thrones was bad by season 5 so I stopped watching it in season 6

Did I do it right

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't believe you'd all do this to esperterra

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aw yeah we're doing it now lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rhyno posted:

YOU EITHER LOVE AGENTS OF SHIELD OR YOU GET THE gently caress OUT

Oh I support Rhyno

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

precision posted:

It seems relatively obvious that I'd be a good mod of this subforum specifically because I've been the Patient Zero for several extremely good shows - Rectify and Patriot especially - and I don't get into heated and terrible arguments about shows because I'm aware that taste is subjective and there's no such thing as an objectively "wrong" opinion. I've been around a long time and would not just throw probations around willy nilly.

It kinda hurts that not one person has mentioned me for the job. :(

I almost joked that this is what it was but I thought that would be mean

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Very true. It was wonderful being able to walk away from it totally satisfied with no complaints.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Ohhh yeah

https://www.wired.com/2017/04/the-expanse-belter-language/

So basically its Jamaican accents based on saying words in all different languages, but then re-interpreted through other further accents to be further incomprehensible.

What a great show

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Good Place shouldn't be on that list! A show ending on its own terms isn't getting cancelled and is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Shows that come to a natural end always show up on canceled lists. Hell 12 Monkeys did when it ended.

Well i think its dumb