Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
When you think about it all cops are megadoodoos.

ACAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

source

Also Super Dave Osborne died : (

Isn't that going to be heavily weighted by the fact that shows like The Office and Friends have 10+ seasons of 22+ episodes whereas the Netflix originals have far fewer episodes so will have far less individual views anyway?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I couldn’t decide on a top 10 and I think it’s over anyways, but I just wanted to share that my favorite show of 2018 was The Terror.

Voting has been extended till the end of Saturday :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

muscles like this! posted:

Max Greenfield also did a really good job playing his character(s) where it was hard to pin down who's side he was on.

Max Greenfield was fantastic and I really wish he'd had more screentime

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There are now less than 24 hours to submit your list for the TVIV Show of the Year thread! :supaburn:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh look this is literally what Scientology does

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

Oh, did she

I see what you did there :thunkher:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Expanse is TVIV's third favourite show of 2018 :psyduck:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

esperterra posted:

I would prob put it around 3 or 4 on my list too.

What list? You never made one :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Itt: a whole bunch of goons shocked and hurt that they're getting old.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
*runs screaming into thread*

GUYS AMY POEHLER AND NATASHA LYONNE ARE DOING A VERSION OF DAYBREAK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHcKoAMGGvY

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :supaburn:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah I don't think I know what Daybreak is, but I like all the other words in that post.

The other point of reference is Groundhog Day

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AceOfFlames posted:

My dad recently asked me what song that was which provided the perfect opportunity to spring this on him:

https://youtu.be/xQBGmBOhQEE

What the gently caress is this :psypop:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That looks rad as gently caress. And Zawe Ashton's in it! I've loved her ever since Fresh Meat.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jan 18th gently caress yesssss :f5:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HorseRenoir posted:

lol, Surviving R Kelly was so devastating that it is literally damaging R Kelly's physical health

Good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

Hahha drat

I'm sad that none of you non-wrestling fans can appreciate just how accurate this joke is

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Episode 8 of Future Man holy poo poo :stwoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EL BROMANCE posted:

Absolutely. Eagles fan, and was aghast when we got him. But he really did turn his life around, and shows every so often the system can work. The crimes happened and nothing can change that, but hopefully he’s gotten other people off that same track since then.

2004 called, it wants your redtext back

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The FYRE documentary was, well... fire. The depths of delusion that the management must have reached during the pre-production is insane although I do think a fair few contributers were middle management whitewashing their own lovely actions because they got hosed in the end. I'd never heard about NYC VIP though, that's completely insane.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What exactly is Wayne about?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pretty sure Pushing Daisies wins this one

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I finally got to watch the Hulu Fyre documentary. Even though it's poo poo they paid McFarland a load of cash I'm still glad I got to see his perspective cause it's really interesting from an armchair psychologist perspective. The other thing that stuck out to me was that for all the poo poo that he did and people he ripped off the only reason he's in the trouble he's in is because he ripped off investors too and the fact he only got punished cause he hurt the guys with money is real bullshit.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I mentioned this in the other streaming thread in CD but they're going to start filming the WoT series in September and I am so psyched. It might be a disaster but it might turn out amazing, in either case I'm tempted to do a series reread because I love trashy genre books.

Oh sweet, I'm so hype for this. I can't wait for casting news to start coming out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

Someone spoil the ending of WoT for me, I only read through six I think? Rand was just starting to go crazy at the time iirc, it's been like 20 years. Does Tarmon Gaiden happen

- Rand goes super crazy, almost goes bad but doesn't
- Mat gets raped by the Queen of Ebou Dar, everyone finds this funny
- Faile gets kidnapped by the bad Aiel and Perrin mopes for like, 4 books
- Egwene gets captured by the Tar Valon Aes Sedai, is still a better Amyrlin than Elaida
- Demandred is... some dude from Shara you never heard of
- Elayne has a bath
- Moiraine is rescued, spends the rest of the story banging Thom
- Lan reforms Malkier and is an all round badass
- Gawyn is a whiny little bitch
- Galad turns out to be a really sympathetic and complex character somehow
- Padan Fain ends up being completely irrelevant
- Talmanes remains lowkey the best part of the series
- Tarmon Gai'don happens, loads of people die

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

I really liked those books, the ones I read anyway, when I was in high school but I wonder if they hold up. Maybe I'll pick up the first one and see if I can tolerate it.

The first five or six hold up well then things tank until Sanderson takes over and then the last three are pretty much the best of the series.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

less laughter posted:

TatiMas won an Emmy for Orphan Black

Joint production with BBC America

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm only halfway through but I loved the Sliding Doors pisstake :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DivisionPost posted:

PSA for X-O and others: Kacy Catanzaro from American Ninja Warrior is a WWE wrestler now.

For someone with only one year of training she's real good as well!

e: Hey esperterra you should come post in Rowdy Ringsports :kiddo:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 28, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rocksicles posted:

real good at fake fighting?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:drat: She rode that lady like a pommel horse! :stare:

I wonder if she's still dating/married to that original ANW guy or if he feels like a huge idiot for introducing her to it all and ruining his relationship.

According to Wikipedia they're no longer an item

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The news about 9/11 came out during final period at my school so one of the other teachers came in and told us. There was a moment of taking it in and then we went right back to the lesson. When we spilled out onto the train station that was the only thing we were talking about. I turned on the TV when I got home but it was on every channel so I went off to play PS2 instead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Norwegian Rudo posted:

she's dating Ricochet now.

We did it, people. We found a way to make humans that can actually fly :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s a truly awful show but it’s the kind of awful that some people here are into (which is fine) and pretend is actually the same as it being good (which is less fine)

It's better than the Leftovers :shrug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Escobarbarian posted:

I would be able to come up with lots of stuff about themes and intent and how things are explored in Leftovers via performances and cinematography.

None of that automatically makes it good though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Escobarbarian posted:

Not sure why Rarity needs to pretend they’re high art or whatever

It's so easy to wind you up :love:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

esperterra posted:

This whole Cats subplot is gold

It explains so much

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
poo poo I forgot that's this weekend and I still need to finish Kimmy. Netflix, stop putting out stuff I want to watch :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aw man, the ending of UKS really got me :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've got no idea what's going on but Russian Doll is extremely my poo poo