Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

priznat posted:

Perhaps if Mike operated Jay like a puppet.. ~New RLM slashfic idea~

If?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Last comment of Vlaerian while I’m drinking. I loved how they clearly had some mandate to use 70s songs like Guardians of the Galaxy, but didn’t want to do it. The start with Bowie, as said unthread, was good. And the end title was something I don’t remember. But the best was this weird hippie guy and Bob Marley starts to play, but the song cuts out in like literally one and a half seconds. Like, they paid for the song, they put it in like the producer made them, and the second that particular shot cuts away, the song fades out. It’s not even a good sound blend, they just get it out as soon as possible.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress you it's january

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think Dane Dehan gets cast in stuff because he looks like a young Leo DiCaprio and that’s pretty much it

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

If Leo had burned his entire emotional cortex out with a few years of heavy drug use maybe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dane DeHaan is potentially the most one note actor ever. I can't think of someone who's done the exact same performance in every film so much

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dane DeHaan is potentially the most one note actor ever. I can't think of someone who's done the exact same performance in every film so much

lol, I looked him up on imdb, and its super obvious that he or his agent wrote his profile. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2851530/

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

IShallRiseAgain posted:

lol, I looked him up on imdb, and its super obvious that he or his agent wrote his profile. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2851530/

Just read those memorable quotes

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Dane DeHaan is fine when he's playing a creeper weirdo, e.g. Chronicle. Guy looks like a ghoul. That he was casted as the charming action lead in Valerian is just baffling.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dane DeHaan was really good in Chronicle and imo it's a great movie despite its connection to Maximum Landis

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I remember him being goodish in the place between the pines

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
My theory of the casting choice of Valerian is that creepy Luc Besson wanted to bang Cara whatshername and Dane Dahaan has a rich daddy and he invested in Besson's fail studio.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Woden posted:

Think The Rock Fast and Furious spin off is still going ahead and doubt it'll tank.

The Rock + Jason Statham is basically a soft reboot of the franchise and taking it back to how fun Vin Diesel and Paul Walker was. Really looking forward too it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BexGu posted:

The Rock + Jason Statham is basically a soft reboot of the franchise and taking it back to how fun Vin Diesel and Paul Walker was. Really looking forward too it.

Same, the Statham stuff was far and away the best part of the otherwise pants Fast8

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just watch Transporter.

If you want some real driving the Luc Besson TAXI series.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

BexGu posted:

taking it back to how fun Vin Diesel and Paul Walker was.

uh, what?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

I liked the stupid dynamic between Paul Walker and Vin Diesel characters. Now that Paul Walker is dead Dom's character arc is done and can't really go any where else.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Paul Walker was a really bad actor.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

PostNouveau posted:

Paul Walker was a really bad driver.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
I NEED NAZ, BIG ONES! TWO OF THEM!

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Paul wasnt the driver

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The first two Fast and Furious movies wouldn't have been good anyway, but it didn't help that they had a community theater actor stumbling through the main role.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

PostNouveau posted:

Paul Walker was a really bad pedophile.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

priznat posted:

On the flip side as a ghost you’d probably have a better chance of becoming pals with Mike.

Hahaha.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I’ve never seen any Fast and Furious movies

Are they actually worth watching in 2019?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Fast Five is universally agreed to be the series high point, so check that one out if you want and if you like it you can go from there.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The fast series is weird. The first three are like their own thing. The style changed drastically from 4 onwards.

Fast 1: boring, horribly dated but worth a watch
2Fast: boring, don't bother
Fast: Tokyo drift: rubbish, don't bother
Fast 4 through 7 are pretty entertaining , 5 and 7 being the highlights
Fast 8- pretty weak overall, some good Statham stuff though

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Watch this instead.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The funny thing about the fast series is how the supporting crew becomes so superfluous when the better, more charismatic folks come in. Really in 8 all you needed was The Rock and Statham, even Diesel was a wet noodle.

The fact that Ludacris and Tyrese are still in these is just a lol.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

2Fast: boring, don't bother

That's wrong cuh'!

2Fast2Furious is weird because it feels the least serious out of all of them with nothing about "family" and all that poo poo the later films always had. At least, not from what I remember. It feels like a cheap spin-off made quickly to cash in on the popularity of the series. It's a fun watch.

At least it isn't Tokyo Drift.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

My favorite Fast film.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Miles Teller

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

That's wrong cuh'!

2Fast2Furious is weird because it feels the least serious out of all of them with nothing about "family" and all that poo poo the later films always had. At least, not from what I remember. It feels like a cheap spin-off made quickly to cash in on the popularity of the series. It's a fun watch.

At least it isn't Tokyo Drift.

Tokyo Drift is way more fascinating as a whole and even more so when it turns out it takes place in the 2010's

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

priznat posted:

The fact that Ludacris and Tyrese are still in these is just a lol.

Respect the hustle

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Issy posted:

Watch this instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Rock is terrible and has yet to carry a movie on his own. He’s a hack fraud.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I watched the first four of them like 6 months ago. Can't remember much of anything about them other than the first one is shocking in how much it plagiarized from "Point Break".

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Taintrunner posted:

The Rock is terrible and has yet to carry a movie on his own. He’s a hack fraud.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9YMdTtX-vw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lol @ people not liking Tokyo Drift