Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results:
  • Drew McIntyre defeated Dolph Ziggler in a steel cage match pretty clearly. Postmatch, Ziggler put on a brave face and asked if that was all Drew had, so Drew beat the poo poo out of him some more, warned Ziggler that he'd been given the chance to walk away and that he didn't even deserve the scraps from McIntyre's table. He said now he'd dealt with Ziggler, his next step was winning the Royal Rumble and becoming Universal Champion at Wrestlemania. He laid out Ziggler with one last Claymore kick for good measure.
  • Shane and Triple H (FINALLY back in charge) arrived in a limo.
  • Various wrestlers' New Year's Resolutions were shown.
  • Seth Rollins came out to talk about a "Fresh Start" and an eventual rematch for his Intercontinental Title against Dean Ambrose. HHH came out and said there were no more automatic rematches, and Seth warned him he was willing to go through anybody and everybody including HHH's family to get what he wanted. HHH offered him a shot at Bobby Lashley to prove his aggression which Seth accepted.
  • Finn Balor came down for the "Fresh Start" Battle Royal past Seth Rollins, with a shot at the Intercontinental Champion on the line.
  • Apollo Crews won the Fresh Start Battle Royal for a shot at Dean Ambrose and the Intercontinental Title. Finn Balor was eliminated by Baron Corbin.
  • :cripes:
  • Nattie was being interviewed about entering the Women's Royal Rumble to try and win another shot against Ronda Rousey for the Women's Title. Nia Jax came up and distracted her so Tamina could jump her, then the two put the boots to Nattie.
  • Baron Corbin was complaining in the ring that he deserved a "Fresh Start" more than anybody. Elias came out and sang a song making fun of him, and the two brawled until Elias got the best of things and Corbin ran away.
  • Sasha, Bayley and Ember Moon defeated The Riott Squad.
  • A video aired highlighting BRAUN!'s 2018.
  • Lio Rush came out and proclaimed that nobody deserves a "Fresh Start" more than Bobby Lashley.
  • Lashley defeated Seth Rollins by DQ after Seth got fed up of Lio Rush's interference and attacked Lashley with a chair. Seth went ham on everybody with a chair afterwards which the commentators stressed as being exactly what HHH wanted from him.
  • Ronda was with Nattie backstage, pissed off about Nia and Tamina double-teaming Nattie.
  • John Cena will return on Raw next week.
  • The NXT callups are still coming to either Raw or Smackdown, including White Supremacist Lars Sullivan.
  • Rhyno is back as an active wrestler. He and Heath Slater were defeated by Jinder Mahal and the Singh Brothers following a distraction.
  • :cripes:
  • Dean Ambrose did a promo ripping on Seth Rollins and promising to make Apollo's "Fresh Start" rotten.
  • More resolutions aired, including Gable and Roode prepping for their Tag match against Revival next week, and Sasha and Bayley wanting to win the new Women's Tag Team Titles.
  • Dean Ambrose defeated Apollo Crews clean to retain the Intercontinental Title.
  • Alexa Bliss did a promo backstage about her new Talkshow "A Moment of Bliss" debuting next week with Ronda Rousey as her first guest.
  • Universal Champion Brock Lesnar will be on Raw next week.
  • Ronda Rousey and Nattie defeated Nia Jax and Tamina in the main event, with Ronda submitting Tamina with an armbar.
  • Happy New Year, everybody! :)

Smackdown Results:
  • A Fatal Five-Way Number One Contenders match was announced to open the show, featuring AJ Styles, Mustafa Ali, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio and a fifth participant to determine Daniel Bryan's challenger at the Royal Rumble.
  • The New Day came out for a New Year Celebration, talking about entering the Royal Rumble. They pointed out they could challenge the Universal Champion if they so chose, though of course there was no guarantee Brock Lesnar would show up (what if BRAUN! wins?) and Kofi was pissed that he hadn't missed a day in 11 years but couldn't get a title shot.
  • The New Day have been told by their Doctor they can't eat pancakes anymore. BIG E ate some pancakes.
  • Samoa Joe defeated Jeff Hardy to gain the 5th spot in the Number One Contenders match. Joe tried to knock out Jeff with the Coquina Clutch outside the ring to get the countout win, but when Jeff beat the count, Joe put on the Clutch until Jeff passed out in the ring.
  • Vince and Shane were talking backstage when AJ Styles showed up and pointedly did NOT apologize for knocking down Vince last week. Shane got in AJ's face, and AJ told him he'd show Vince the REAL AJ tonight. After he left, Shane asked if that was Vince really wanted and Vince assured him it was.
  • Rusev and Lana were celebrating Rusev's US Title win in the ring when Shinsuke Nakamura attacked Rusev. Lana jumped on Shinsuke's back, and when Rusev hit Shinsuke with the Machka Kick Shinsuke fell backwards onto Lana. As Rusev checked on her, Shinsuke hit Rusev with the Kinshasa.
  • Sonya Deville defeated Naomi, replacing Mandy Rose who was supposed to face Naomi but instead provided distractions by showing off a flirty photo she sent Jimmy Uso.
  • Orton, Ali and Mysterio all promised to win the Number One Contenders match. The IIconics and the Good Brothers talked about their New Year's Resolutions but Shelton Benjamin claimed they were a waste of time and tore down the set.
  • John Cena came out to look back on his last year, and pointed out that he knew as well as anybody that somebody was gonna try to take advantage of his presence by playing their music, coming out and making fun of his hair and calling him old and broke down. He was indeed interrupted, interrupted by...
  • :derp::woop: BECKY LYNCH! :woop::derp:
  • Becky said he expected a man but got THE Man, and she was determined to not only replace the likes of Ric Flair but John Cena as well. If he didn't like that, then Nikki Bella wouldn't be the only woman to drop him this year (goddamn).
  • Andrade "Cien" Almas and Zelina Vega came out and Vega complained that despite the promise of a "Fresh Start", they were still seeing the same old faces. Cena challenged both of them to fight him and Becky.
  • John Cena and Becky Lynch defeated Andrade "Cien" Almas and Zelina Vega in a mixed tag in which Becky desperately wanted to fight Almas, and also tossed her own partner Cena out of the ring after he hit his finishers, then used the Dis-arm-her on Vega to get the submission victory.
  • Becky owns.
  • The Miz showed Shane McMahon backstage a series of mockups of them as a tag team, using Goldberg's body with Shane's head on it.
  • HHH asked Asuka backstage who she wanted to defend her title against at the Royal Rumble. Asuka was willing to fight anybody, and Charlotte, Becky and.... Carmella!?!?! showed up to challenge her. HHH said he would take it under consideration.
  • AJ Styles won what sounds like a pretty crazy Fatal Five-way to become the Number One Contender for Daniel Bryan's WWE Championship. Highlights included Ali and Mysterio going at it from the top rope, Joe murdering people, reversals, 619s and 450s until AJ hit his Springboard 450 outta nowhere onto a downed Orton to get the win.
  • AJ finished the first Smackdown of 2019 challenging Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

i don't know why it's bothering me now but that image of roode and gable looks like one of those ol WH2K meme images where all the faces have been swapped with roode's

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
It may be a fresh start but that was a rotten show!!!!!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

fresh start, more like fresh fart

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
man that sure sounds like the new and exciting directions that were promised to me by vincent kennedy mcmahon

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

One of the rare weeks when the champions collage features champions who have all been around long enough to have photos of their belt with them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1079916673816293377

I dunno if Seth through that in or it was scripted but geez laweez that's a bad look for him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

VJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1079916673816293377

I dunno if Seth through that in or it was scripted but geez laweez that's a bad look for him.

How? Mojo is legit awful in the ring.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/steveaustinBSR/status/1080011800626614274

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Please update the champs picture to include longest reigning champion Zack Ryder.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/GIFSkull/status/1080032331480555522

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol well they're not afraid of spitting in Vince's face from the very start, I see.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Happy New Year to all the PSPeeps from your #1 scoopsgal, Rarity! I celebrated the occasion by not watching Raw :toot:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That Raw reads awful. Why do you that to yourselves?

The bucks are somewhat cool but i dont give the singlest gently caress about Cody. Good luck to them, everything that hurt this company is good to me

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 1, 2019

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Drew McIntyre defeated Dolph Ziggler in a steel cage match pretty clearly.
[*] Shane and Triple H (FINALLY back in charge) arrived in a limo.
[*] Finn Balor was eliminated by Baron Corbin.
[*] :cripes:
[*] Baron Corbin was complaining in the ring that he deserved a "Fresh Start" more than anybody. Elias came out and sang a song making fun of him, and the two brawled until Elias got the best of things and Corbin ran away.
[*] Rhyno is back as an active wrestler. He and Heath Slater were defeated by Jinder Mahal and the Singh Brothers following a distraction.
[*] :cripes:
[/list]

fresh start, baby

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

:vince:: i said the fresh start was in january, that was still december and therefore allowed to be lovely

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Sasha and Bayley are going to be put out of the women's tag tournament or battle royal or however they crown the tag champs at the very start, aren't they?

Midnightghoul posted:

It may be a fresh start but that was a rotten show!!!!!

But Corbin's not the GM anymore! That was the only problem right? And Paige sucked also, so we got rid of her as well, aren't you happy?!?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if...listen here...we focus more on the mcmahons. Shane and HHH are friends now but what if someone turns? wrestlemania match ready babay!!!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

New garbage is the same as the old garbage

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

What if...listen here...we focus more on the mcmahons. Shane and HHH are friends now but what if someone turns? wrestlemania match ready babay!!!

Hmm, I like where you're going with this, but, like, what if they DON'T turn and instead are babyfaces and say... AJ Styles or Seth Rollins maybe turns and then the McMahons can be the heroes and win at Mania and everyone cheers and tells Vince how smart he is and how he totally shouldn't have been targetted by the feds for steroids and then Brock will say he's sorry for leaving the first time

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

VJeff posted:

lol well they're not afraid of spitting in Vince's face from the very start, I see.

Or they figure this is an easy way to get some people there, assuming this isn't taking place at the exact same time.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It won't happen but I want the WWE to implode and die this year

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Gaz-L posted:

Sasha and Bayley are going to be put out of the women's tag tournament or battle royal or however they crown the tag champs at the very start, aren't they?

Sasha and Bayley are at the same level as the Shield guys for me. Whenever they're on screen I do something else. Which sucks because Sasha especially is someone I used to be a huge fan of.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

not that this is an excuse but all things being fair wwe always runs what is essentially a re-run on christmas/ny eve. what they should be doing is airing holiday specials featuring no wrestling at all and no canon to the main story. seth rollins and friends storm The Baron's castle to rescue santa, etc

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Southpaw Saves Santa

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

Southpaw Saves Santa

A Hardy Holiday

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The fresh start is actually AEW.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I like how they're trying to make AJ, Rollins and Charlotte all into Becky Lynch

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My favorite thing about the Becky Lynch push is still the poll WWE put up asking if we were really on Becky's side for the whole lead up to that Summerslam match

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
Look at all the new and exciting feuds and match-ups such as

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

DukeofCA posted:

Look at all the new and exciting feuds and match-ups such as

I mean, it is the Rumble build.

If anything I'm kind of intrigued right now because there is no obvious challenger for Brock OR Bryan. Rollins is the De Facto Top Face of Raw, but he's only talking about Dean and the IC belt. AJ may or may not still be wrapping his feud with Daniel, it's not 100% clear since every face on the roster seems to be taking aim at Bryan between Ali and Truth the last two weeks. The field is as wide open as it's been since Roman came on the scene.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Remember when WCW had a giant roster and decided to push Buff Bagwell, Jeff Jarrett and Jindrak and O'Haire instead?

Having nearly the entire wrestling world on your payroll and pushing Lashley, Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler makes about as much sense.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I would like to see Finn win the Rumble and then go after Brock

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

I would like to see Finn win

lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm also convinced they're pairing Finn with Corbin every week in an effort to make him leave because I can't see any other reason lol

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Remember when WCW had a giant roster and decided to push Buff Bagwell, Jeff Jarrett and Jindrak and O'Haire instead?

Having nearly the entire wrestling world on your payroll and pushing Lashley, Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler makes about as much sense.

Lashley is cool though, it's not his fault WWE has been botching him since he came back. And they only pushed Dolph to feed Drew.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I know Vince loves Lashley because of his vanity muscles but he's garbage and a danger to the people he works with.

How many times has he dropped someone on their head because he's not strong enough to use his own finisher? I dunno if it's happened recently but I've seen it myself at least a handful of times.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

Lashley is cool though, it's not his fault WWE has been botching him since he came back. And they only pushed Dolph to feed Drew.

I still rather resent that choice since Dolph Ziggler is effectively the antithesis of freshness and novelty

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Dolph Ziggler is one of the best and most consistent wrestlers on the roster, but this thread absolutely loves to put the blame for being overbooked on his shoulders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

As someone that once got a red text avatar because I was one of the only Dolph Ziggler supporters on this subforum at a time when people really, really hated him even I know he's not going to be the answer to the ratings problems and he's long past ruined for being a main eventer