Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

they just signed a deal to bring ONE fighting championships to TNT. them bringing combat sports onto their network is a sign they'd be willing to give wrestling another try in this new television landscape where networks are looking for "dvr proof" content.

Everything on TNT is going to be taped clip shows and the live shows are all on the streaming Service last I saw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

p sure WCW would still be around if he did

Ted wasn't going to put up with losing 65 MM per year, so no.

And the deals they are working on aren't for the Turner streaming service based on the talk and putting what Dave is willing to say together. (He pretty much dismissed the idea of them being on one a couple of weeks ago and reported they are in talks with at least two stations today.)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

AEW fails after cody discovers dusty finish booking is a family curse

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

rovert posted:

Yay a AEW thread finally.

I can't believe you didnt tell us this was happening

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bix wheres the deadspin article

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Midnightghoul posted:

I can't believe you didnt tell us this was happening

There’s no women’s division soooo....

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bigass Moth posted:

There’s no women’s division soooo....

we literally know nothing about this promotion how are you complaining about something we don't know exists/doesn't exist?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And as noted, it'd be a shock if they didn't have one to give Brandi a belt.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

like they famously politicked for her to be the first woh champ

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i found that post to be a joke about rovert not being interested because there was no womens division, rather than something to become upset by because of a lack of information. However i've known rovert to post a large amount of tweets about mens wrestling in the past, so there is a chance that I am actually the one who is misunderstanding the post.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

STONE COLD 64 posted:

we literally know nothing about this promotion how are you complaining about something we don't know exists/doesn't exist?

He asked why rovert wasn’t reporting on it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It appears i knew everything all along, which is common

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Brandi wasn't even in the All In women's match. I don't know why people have this idea she's a super-politicker who pushes herself everywhere.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

He asked why rovert wasn’t reporting on it.

He's posted elsewhere on the subforum and tweeted about it a lot. If you're wondering why he didn't make a thread about a promotion that wasn't officially announced, why didn't you or I or anyone else who's known about AEW pretty obviously being a thing since (at the latest) the trademark filings being made public?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

one of the things that reflects poorly upon Brandi is her strong disdain for people with cosmetic surgery, thinking of them as beneath her as a human being.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

Brandi wasn't even in the All In women's match. I don't know why people have this idea she's a super-politicker who pushes herself everywhere.

She was injured.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I did appreciate her getting a blinged-out sling to wear when she did appearances though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if it doesn't have a garbage hardcore division this poo poo will fold in 4 years.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Put Nick Gage on national television you cowards

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chris James 2 posted:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Make Nick Gage the GM

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Chris James 2 posted:

Put Zandig on national television you cowards

fixed

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder whether Cody will continue to wrestle in spite of being in a top position in the company. I wonder if the Bucks, given their style will wrestling as well or whether they are content to take on roles that are behind the scenes.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think the Bucks need to wrestle, at least at the start. Cody doesn't need to but probably will.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah Cody can just be a GM or whatever if he doesn't wanna wrestle, but the Bucks are probably gonna have to be the in-ring centerpiece of the product, since I doubt Omega's gonna show up more than every so often.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the first main event storyline shoudl be a buck vs buck feud

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

We can split the Bucks AFTER The Revival is done with 'em.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

MotU posted:

the first main event storyline shoudl be a buck vs buck feud

Vince?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Matt is definitely going to transition to an authority figure, it seems like ever match his drat nagging back injury comes back up and totally fucks up the flow of the match, poor guy is gonna have to retire

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TeilMargaret/status/1080301891467313152

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1080324216619192321

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

– Sean Radican over at Pro Wrestling Torch had some exclusive details regarding talent contracts for All Elite. According to Radican, AEW has signed several independent wrestlers to “holding deals” that will convert to full deals once the promotion secures a TV deal. The contracts are said to be quite lucrative, with the floor being “a good six figure deal.”

Didn't know this was public but yup. Mostly the All In roster and few other well-known indie names. The holding deals are monthly.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RajahNews/status/1080364835559301121

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So they've got Jericho, Cody, The Bucks, Morrison and Jim Ross so far? That's a good start. Hopefully they can fill the roster out with good talent and not just TNA rejects.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
JR is a net negative if he's the main announcer, though he might attract some extra eyeballs at first.

I don't think AEW has Morrison? He's still with Impact.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So they've got Jericho, Cody, The Bucks, Morrison and Jim Ross so far? That's a good start. Hopefully they can fill the roster out with good talent and not just TNA rejects.

They don't have Morrison

They have Hangman Page and they have SCU (Daniels, Kaz and Scorpio)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

They don't have Morrison

They have Hangman Page and they have SCU (Daniels, Kaz and Scorpio)

Whoops I legit thought that was Morrison on the very right of that picture.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Johnny Elite/Johnny Dynamite

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Morrison's wife Taya RT'd the AEW logo:

https://twitter.com/TheTayaValkyrie/status/1080211298216947712

There are several IMPACT contracts in March that's all I know. There are two names I've heard that are AEW bound. No idea about Johnny either way though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I want to love wrestling again so I can’t wait for more information to drop.