Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

I don't have any idea beyond published coaches salaries and publicized defensive/offense coordinator type salaries, but I'd guess after the top 2 guys the salary goes down like so \_

Oh yea for sure. Actually reading The NY Times article, it seems there’s a CBA agreement that teams only have $50k to spend on employees coming from the WNBA that are still part of the WNBA, which makes it less heinous.

“Because Toliver is a player with the Mystics, owned by Ted Leonsis, under the same corporate umbrella as the Wizards, the league determined that any pay Toliver was to get from the gig would have to come out of the $50,000 total each team has allocated to pay W.N.B.A. players for off-season work. Moreover, much of that had already been promised to Toliver’s teammate, Elena Delle Donne, who typically stays home in the off-season and promotes the Mystics.
The $50,000 cap reflects the time it was negotiated, a previous collective bargaining agreement that did not take into account W.N.B.A. players coaching in the off-season because that situation simply didn’t happen. The players opted out of that C.B.A. this past November, setting the stage for a new understanding on the issue.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
$10k/yr salary seems like it must violate some labor laws

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The Maestro posted:

Oh yea for sure. Actually reading The NY Times article, it seems there’s a CBA agreement that teams only have $50k to spend on employees coming from the WNBA that are still part of the WNBA, which makes it less heinous.

“Because Toliver is a player with the Mystics, owned by Ted Leonsis, under the same corporate umbrella as the Wizards, the league determined that any pay Toliver was to get from the gig would have to come out of the $50,000 total each team has allocated to pay W.N.B.A. players for off-season work. Moreover, much of that had already been promised to Toliver’s teammate, Elena Delle Donne, who typically stays home in the off-season and promotes the Mystics.
The $50,000 cap reflects the time it was negotiated, a previous collective bargaining agreement that did not take into account W.N.B.A. players coaching in the off-season because that situation simply didn’t happen. The players opted out of that C.B.A. this past November, setting the stage for a new understanding on the issue.”

This makes some sense considering it opens up a backdoor cap loophole, but like there should be a way you can pay her and make another team call foul or something. I don't think they are going to be that worried about Tolliver.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

The Maestro posted:

Like, $10k/yr salary? That’s disgusting. And assistants usually only make $100k? That also seems low.

I remember a few years back they paid Lawrence Frank >$1m/yr to be the adult in the room with Jason Kidd. Think it was billed as the largest assistant coach deal at that time

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Neil Oshly worked on a monthly paycheck when he was with the clippers

As in he was employed on a month-to-month basis under Sterling

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/1080278095620378624

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I love my large, adult Greek son

iospace fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 2, 2019

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

All evidence from the year 2019 suggests Kawhi is staying.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Kawhi is staying so much that all the stars from raptors past (Bosh, Vince, bargnani) have appeared and are staying too

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/raptorsrepublic/status/1080299103458709509

MVP.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can't believe Kawhi just hit his career high for points in a game. As a raptor.

#hestaying

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The Maestro posted:

Like, $10k/yr salary? That’s disgusting. And assistants usually only make $100k? That also seems low.

i mean 100k a year isn't starving or anything, the hours probably suck but it's one of those things where if you really really love the sport it's probably not a big deal to you

The Maestro posted:

haha holy poo poo that's so loving terrible

"we've already allocated a pittance to pay you and we really can't go over that because of our rules, we also really need to get Delle Donne this money so that she can promote the mystics and be an ambassador for the game"

Papercut posted:

$10k/yr salary seems like it must violate some labor laws

labor laws are only enforced in the us if it helps the business owners and/or other rich folk hth

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It sucks that the Jazz lost but I take solace in the fact that it mostly happened because Kawhi demonstrated how staying he was (very. he's very staying.) by getting a career high.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chairchucker posted:

It sucks that the Jazz lost but I take solace in the fact that it mostly happened because Kawhi demonstrated how staying he was (very. he's very staying.) by getting a career high.

Siakam continues to be a boss, too. Dude's averaging 17 and 8 over his last 5 games.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Nurkic first player in history to achieve a 20/20 and a 5x5 in the same game. Surprised Hakeem never did it.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Buddy Hield......

....is good?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Wow super cool that Kawhi is staying, insane news.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Away all Goats posted:

Nurkic first player in history to achieve a 20/20 and a 5x5 in the same game. Surprised Hakeem never did it.

Man when he's beasting he's like Shaq

Malik Beasely has been scoring 20 ppg for Denver. Someone here was big on him in the draft, but I forget who. I think that's why they cut Nick Young immediately.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 2, 2019

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Away all Goats posted:

https://twitter.com/BlazersBySagar/status/1080322471822221313?s=19

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://twitter.com/dcorrigan50/status/1080347731468738561?s=21

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Away all Goats posted:

Wilt and Kareem almost certainly did this too before they started tracking blocks and steals.

Great achievement though.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Jokic with the cool 19/15/14 as well.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A lot of great nights in the NBA.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Why are Knicks tickets so expensive I hate New York

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Not great, bob!!

https://twitter.com/sportsradiowip/status/1080451753190006785

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Had a dream that DeMar dropped 82 points versus the raptors tomorrow

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Had a dream that DeMar dropped 82 points versus the raptors tomorrow

82 points on 87 shots

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

lol everything is fine lol

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The Jimmy Butler effect.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe but Simmons and embiid have hated each other forever

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Friendship ended with Embiid

https://twitter.com/HoHighlights/status/1080315273968869377

now jump shots is my best friend.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao at Fultz jumping off the bench.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/1080491405859016704?s=19

Maybe use just the heads next time. I think that's Gobert under LBJ?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

It must seem really spooky to Fultz that the only person in the league with a worse jumpshot is on his team.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

big boi posted:

Maybe use just the heads next time. I think that's Gobert under LBJ?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

NotWearingPants posted:

Friendship ended with Embiid

https://twitter.com/HoHighlights/status/1080315273968869377

now jump shots is my best friend.

the ol' hesi stepforward jimbo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ahem

https://twitter.com/nba_math/status/1080488888861249537

I was wrong about jokic

Mea culpa

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/1080492664120897536

lmao the bulls

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

I guess Kawhi isn't the defensive player we thought. Also who is he dude on the bottom right of the playing time graph? Is it Klay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://twitter.com/JoshGerben/status/1080442344992894977

wait, his own fans call him the matador?