Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I hope Reigan pays Serizawa more than he's been paying Mob. Who also could use a raise. Come to think of it how much money does Reigan even make? Someone willing to take broccoli as payment probably isn't rolling in dough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Beasteh posted:

God drat anime of the season for sure and dare I say AOTY this early?

AOAT

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Thinking about it there should be enough content for 12 more episodes, the realisation that its gonna be like another 2 years until then........

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Afro-Dimple

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Look if Bones stops making My Hero Academia, they'll have the time and money for Mob Psycho 100 III. So we just have to get MHA cancelled, one of the hottest properties in Shonen Jump. Can't be that hard, right?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
hell, you have my axe

Furnaceface posted:

Afro-Dimple
it was very cute watching him play with it like a weird cat

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

track day bro! posted:

Thinking about it there should be enough content for 12 more episodes, the realisation that its gonna be like another 2 years until then........

no... NO

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

YggiDee posted:

I hope Reigan pays Serizawa more than he's been paying Mob. Who also could use a raise. Come to think of it how much money does Reigan even make? Someone willing to take broccoli as payment probably isn't rolling in dough.

Serizawa is an actual adult man in his 30s, so presumably some kind of labour laws mandate Reigan pays him at least minimum wage.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

YggiDee posted:

Look if Bones stops making My Hero Academia, they'll have the time and money for Mob Psycho 100 III. So we just have to get MHA cancelled, one of the hottest properties in Shonen Jump. Can't be that hard, right?

But then there won't be any more MHA

I suspect the rest of Mob will get adapted sooner or later anyway tbh, the show itself seems pretty popular and I've gotten the impression that top animators really like the IP - it's obviously built up a reputation as an animators' showcase.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Serizawa is an actual adult man in his 30s, so presumably some kind of labour laws mandate Reigan pays him at least minimum wage.

Though now Reigen will have a guy who doesn't have full time school work and after school club duties eating up his time so he can go spirit hunting constantly with a super powerful esper. So maybe he'll be able to afford more.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

As much as I will miss this, I can say it has filled my satisfaction and exceeded it too. If it is for this level of quality, I'm willing to wait for more Mob.

Just don't let this go the OPM way, please. Mob deserves everything and then some. AOTY and it's April.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Considering the reason it took season 2 so long was so everyone who worked on the first season could come back and work on it, I think they'll make sure the Mob crew will stay together.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Oh, I didn't know that was why. I assumed it was because everything was funneled into the MHA budget or whatever, I know basically nothing about how anime studies work. I just know they're both by Bones.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

YggiDee posted:

Oh, I didn't know that was why. I assumed it was because everything was funneled into the MHA budget or whatever, I know basically nothing about how anime studies work. I just know they're both by Bones.

A lot of animators/staff are freelancers. They'll get pulled into one project or another, sometimes by completely different studios. Getting the entire crew back together is a rare thing.

Also budget isn't the primary concern. Managing your time and resources is more important. For example, I doubt Mob Pyscho got a massive budget, but episode 5 was finished animating in summer of last year and looks amazing, while some anime could have all the budget but have to rush animating the episode the week it airs and look poo poo.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

YggiDee posted:

If I remember right, Bones actually has a MHA specific team. Dissolving them wouldn't do much to improve the speed for any of their other anime, except maybe give a few freelancers more time for the other shows.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The MP100 producers (like alot of studios it seems) have really been trying to work with the webgen cohort of young animators. My impression is that you can't put these guys through the same insane level of crunch as most other Japanese animators, but that kind of crunch is bullshit and unhealthy anyway.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/mobpsycho_anime/status/1112966443518160896

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
as an anime only person so far if you told me that was the finale of Mob I'd believe you. It sounds like there's even more beyond this in the manga though?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Chapter lengths are really variable near the end so hard to go off of just that, but by page count, there's about 600 pages of manga left.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I dunno if there is enough to fill a 12 episode season, but I absolutely must see the finale animated.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I felt the same way about season two that I did about season one- the first half with Mob being a good lad and getting swole and investigating weird ghosts was more interesting than city destroying kamehameha battles. Still liked the back half a lot just not as much.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
If it's any consolation, this is the last of the typical shonen shenanigans in the story.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It felt a bit rushed near the end. Like I was expecting another twists after they dug Mob out of the rubble.

All in all this was a good wholesome show and I am glad it was so well received.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Kashuno posted:

as an anime only person so far if you told me that was the finale of Mob I'd believe you. It sounds like there's even more beyond this in the manga though?

I felt the same way reading it as it came out. Thankfully, the actual end is better than this end. (Which isn’t to say this end is bad. I was actually worried this end would be hard to top.)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah the remaining stuff to be adapted is absolutely critical, it's one of my fav finales in manga

P-Mack posted:

I felt the same way about season two that I did about season one- the first half with Mob being a good lad and getting swole and investigating weird ghosts was more interesting than city destroying kamehameha battles. Still liked the back half a lot just not as much.
Yeah the fights never have quite the same emotional highs as stuff like "My master is a good person" but I like that Mobs fights always reflect his own values

He doesnt wanr to fight at all but he has to and that gives him all these conflicting emotions of excitement, shame and sadness. The violence is never made to look "Cool", Toichiro getting twisted like a pretzel looks disgusting, Mob is gritting his teeth with his ??? eyes. They rarely feel like Wow, Cool Psychic Fights, it even feels rough when Ryo is brutalizing Teru.

I like that this series always points out how bad/embarrassing it is for grown adults to fight children

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Toichiro getting twisted like a pretzel looks disgusting

Understatement

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I cried! That was so good. What a great show.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
The battle scenes in this anime are cool but I always feel sad during them because Mob shouldn't have to fight.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

CrazySalamander posted:

The battle scenes in this anime are cool but I always feel sad during them because Mob shouldn't have to fight.

That's how you should be feeling.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Feel bad cause I did the same exact thing with S2 that I did with S1 where I watched the first couple episodes then let the rest pile up until I finally got around to plowing through to the end.

What an incredible series. Easily top 5 all time for me. This deserves to be in the same types of conversations as stuff like Bebop, Champloo, and FMA in terms of something even non-anime fans know but is also legitimately loving excellent.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Any mob super fans know the name of the track that plays at the end of the episode, the sort of chill synthy organ piece they use for calm life moments. Thank you

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Any mob super fans know the name of the track that plays at the end of the episode, the sort of chill synthy organ piece they use for calm life moments. Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvKvO_irnik

this one?

Kild fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 4, 2019

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

No, it's an instrumental that plays when they're unpacking in Reigen's new office, I think.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

No, it's an instrumental that plays when they're unpacking in Reigen's new office, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez4TSVRB9yk

this one then?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

That's not it either... it's a song that's played in the series before, as just the regular soundtrack. Maybe I'm wrong about when it happens but I know it's in the last episode after the big fight.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

That's not it either... it's a song that's played in the series before, as just the regular soundtrack. Maybe I'm wrong about when it happens but I know it's in the last episode after the big fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Yuu7Kz8A4

this is the unpacking song

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I haven't found a full OST dump yet of the new album, yet, but here's some of the chill more somber tracks. Probably isn't these cause I dont think these played in the final episode, but i like them anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YcaQ40zZMQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-I1-QpYLA8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUj_HkVT4yU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This is it, thank you!

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Kenji Kawai is so great for this show. I know him mostly from horror-ish things like the Higurashi anime and the Ghost in the Shell movie's scary opening song. Hearing him go full cheesy spoopy in some of the tracks in Mob is really funny to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

I haven't found a full OST dump yet of the new album, yet, but here's some of the chill more somber tracks. Probably isn't these cause I dont think these played in the final episode, but i like them anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YcaQ40zZMQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-I1-QpYLA8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUj_HkVT4yU

I believe all of disc 2 from the ost is S2 stuff?