Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Next week's preview is already making me sad. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I T B E G I N S

Good episode. Something I've been liking is all the new psychic auras we've been getting.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Considering Mob was sitting at 91% before he went out of body, and how next episode looks like it's going to attack his weak point (his insecurity about his popularity and having a "normal life") aggressively, I have a bad feeling that next week is gonna be 100%... and that it's gonna break Mob like a stick to have his emotions go out of control again. Doubly so if the ex-psychic taunts him about his negative emotions :ohdear:

It was a really good episode though, great animation all round.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Helter Skelter posted:

The man is a pro.

Reigen being able to see through the act just with that short talk made me go :aaa:

Also the part after that where it looks like they animated a page of the manga is super cool.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
It doesn't get talked about as much as the imagery and animation but this episode was a nice showcase in how great the sound design is in this series.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I'm glad Mob Psycho 100 is now an isekai.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
post ur fav mobs

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
Best mob is this he looks kinda like a Pokemon!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I don't like Mogami very much.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm not sure I'm emotionally prepared for the next one...:ohdear:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Supersonic Shine posted:

I don't like Mogami very much.
why not?

you've known him for so long now......

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I saw him, like, two years ago. I didn't know poo poo about him until he was shredding everybody with glass shards and bloodying their noses.

I feel as though Dimple is going to be playing a very important part in what's to come. First he helped Shinra survive against the Dragger, then he tried to incite the father into attacking the college students to justify Mob exorcising him, and now he's gained control of Mob's body. If it weren't for the fact that he has to keep Mob's body running, I'd predict that he intrudes on Mogami's illusion at some point...though maybe Mob would fail to see him because he doesn't have psychic powers there.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Mob sure isn't!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Spiritus Nox posted:

I skipped the preview for next week. You guys are freaking me out here. :ohdear:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

See I couldn't wait so just started reading and now I'm all out of Mob.

Its a complex feeling I'm feeling.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Crunchyroll changed last week's "...I wonder if anybody would yell at me" to "I wonder if there will be anyone to stop me" like it was in the scanlation. So that solves that discussion

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The sound design and seeing how it was animated made that last part quite the uh, trip. Oof.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Reigen must be some sort of isekai character doing a new game plus to be stuck doing what he's doing, the guy has legitimate people skills and talents and yet somehow isn't financially successful is just one of the great mysteries of the anime.

When Reigen is at peak form being the only functioning adult in the room it's just fantastic change of pace from the norm.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It's weird that this guy in episode 4 of season 2 is scarier than anyone (except Mob) in season 1

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Season 1 had more shouneny "feeling" characters; characters that existed for BATTLING!!!! While Mogami is much more of a seinen thriller/horror sort of character. And is much more someone who just needs to be loving stopped immediately.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i don't think it's really "weird", villains and stakes in storytelling tend to escalate. season 1 had villains that brutally beat down middle schoolers and made mob relive the time he almost killed his brother. dealing with spirits and ghosts is just adds another layers of darkness

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I just wanna see Mob be happy :smith:

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

sirtommygunn posted:

I just wanna see Mob be happy :smith:

https://twitter.com/MobPsychoOne/status/1085627750378016768

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

This will give me the strength to make it through this arc, thank you my friend.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The villains in S1 were pretty chuuni and childish, to the point where Reigen even explicitly calls them out as such in the finale. Their actions are hurting people, sure, but that's not their main goal, their main goal is just to make other people acknowledge themselves as the coolest and strongest dudes around. That's toxic and dangerous and needs to be stopped but there's a fundamental childishness to it that renders it impotent in some ways. I get the impression that Mogami is much more specifically focused on and dedicated to cruelty for its own sake, which makes him a very different and much more threatening opponent than Mob has had to face thus far, IMO.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The Scars from S1 were Dark Ritsu, it seemed like. In that they were people who allowed their inferiority complex to stew and knowing they weren't the strongest, decided to bully others instead.

Mogami seems like Dark Mob. In that he seems to represent a Mob who grew up without Reigen's guidance, became corrupted by power and was okay with hurting people.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
If I ever end up wanting to curse someone...
If I ever end up using my powers for evil...
If I ever end up wanting to eradicate people rather than spirits...

Mogami is the person Mob imagined himself becoming.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
important change

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

important change

Dropping this anime bc they button up mobs shirt.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Kild posted:

Dropping this anime bc they button up mobs shirt.

They didn't

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Expect My Mom posted:

important change

https://twitter.com/Color_Division/status/1087649403790344192?s=19

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hey anyone else notice you can't spell BONES without ONE?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I call BS.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

https://twitter.com/sakyuuga/status/1090989052155719680

We've already caught a glimpse from the preview at the end of ep4, this should be a memorable ep and I am looking forward to it very much

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
hell yessss

for those who don't know, Go Hakuyu also did work on Episode 11 of Mob S1 (I think the best example of this is the Teru vs Sword Guy in that ep, but also maybe that whole fight) but is probably more known for the All Might vs Nomu fight in Hero Academia S1

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 31, 2019

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe I'm hyped for a Monday.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
here's a better showcase of Go's work then me describing half remembering stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWHI5snqgDM

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You can just put the entirety of Sieg vs Karna to see what the dude is capable of. Despite the actual source material in this case being tepid, the fight itself is loving amazing

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Expect My Mom posted:

here's a better showcase of Go's work then me describing half remembering stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWHI5snqgDM

More like Go "Everything is exploding into cubes" Hakuyu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vahtooch posted:

More like Go "Everything is exploding into cubes" Hakuyu

is he the naruto animator?