Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Oh no, I've been Norted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I'm gonna cry when I boot this game up guys.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

28 DAYS REMAIN

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Mordiceius posted:

Oh no, I've been Norted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCWjSOSWiUw

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Me irl

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrMr4iZPFz8

Me IRL

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

morallyobjected posted:

0.2 A Fragmentary Passage is goddamn beautiful to play.

I'm playing catch-up and just got through this and it's pretty good. I dunno about Aqua as a character, but boy is she fun to play and does a lot of cool stuff.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Same except flip the reactions.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I for one love my stupid anime plots and MIKE WAZOWSKI equally.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hmmm

at some point, with no recollection on my part, I got KH 1.5 + 2.5 on PS3

should I try and play them before the new game comes out, or wait and get all the games on PS4 with that all-in-one package?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

SUBMIT

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Might want to update the OP with the full version of Don't Think Twice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I4EUU-T9TA

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Hmmm

at some point, with no recollection on my part, I got KH 1.5 + 2.5 on PS3

should I try and play them before the new game comes out, or wait and get all the games on PS4 with that all-in-one package?

Between 60 fps, more big fixes, way better load times and no issues with forms in KH2 unlike the ps4 version you're better off getting the ps4 all in one package.

If ou get it, though, you'll have access to 1.5, 2
5 and 2.8 now and not when KH3 comes out.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
I can't believe it took this game years and years to announce even the vaguest of release windows, but at least it finally released without incident in 2018 as promised :)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

LordMune posted:

I can't believe it took this game years and years to announce even the vaguest of release windows, but at least it finally released without incident in 2018 as promised :)

What are you talking abo-- Wait…

Nice try, Xehanort. You can't fool me that easily!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I'm going to be picking up the PS4 collection today. Should I play through the games in release order or in chronological order?

VVV Thanks, though now I see this was answered in the OP. :downs:

1stGear fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 2, 2019

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Play in release order. The plot will make even less sense if you play in chronological order.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I'm incredibly excited that KH3 is finally coming out, here, in this 13th month of 2018.

Argue posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Bideo James, The Funny Way to Say "Video Games" > Kingdom Hearts III: So you have come this far and still you understand nothing

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

1stGear posted:

I'm going to be picking up the PS4 collection today. Should I play through the games in release order or in chronological order?

Play KH1, KH2, KH Days, KH RE CoM, KH DDD and then KH BBS

And then glare at ReCoded and Union for a few months

That was how I played the games

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Funky Valentine posted:

I for one love my stupid anime plots and MIKE WAZOWSKI equally.

I can’t believe the villains are going to deliver a serious plot dump to monster sora and toy sora.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Burkion posted:

Might want to update the OP with the full version of Don't Think Twice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I4EUU-T9TA

Yeah I need to add this one and the preview of the intro movie with Face your Fears in it

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

In my opinion you can read a good summary of 358/2 and re:Coded. Even just watching the cutscenes is a painful experience.

With so little time until release I’d even do KH1 theater mode since it’s the one game that’s unlocked for at the start. The other ones you have to play through first.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
Finally got around to 0.2. I’ve really missed Aqua’s snazzy shell block and hope more characters get it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Gibbering posted:

Finally got around to 0.2. I’ve really missed Aqua’s snazzy shell block and hope more characters get it.

Riku had it in DDD as Dark Barrier or something. It even worked in the air, just like Aqua’s

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Riku had it in DDD as Dark Barrier or something. It even worked in the air, just like Aqua’s

I’d forgotten about that! He better keep it.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I can't wait to go through all of Kingdom Hearts and drive my wife insane with all the amazing Disney/anime bullshit on our TV.

e: Today I learned that Utada Hikaru wrote a song that ended up on the Rush Hour 2 soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85K99dbStig

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 2, 2019

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I can't decide if I should lock myself away and binge the game or try to take my time with it. God only knows when we'll ever see another one.

1stGear posted:

If you find yourself hating life when you get to Re:Chain of Memories I'd highly recommend just watching the cut scenes on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBcjnBXiszA

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I beat KH1 many years ago, and decided to try and become current with the series before 3 dropped.

I beat KH2 last Saturday, and thought I had a decent ish grasp on the plot. I would not have survived trying to play the other 6ish games in the game in time, so I decided to watch youtube plot summaries. This proved to be a wise decision (seriously, watch the summaries instead of trying to binge the games if you are doing it for plot reasons), but I was not prepared for the level of :psyduck: that was to come. Several hours later, I think I get everything, but I am lost on some points. My brain hurts, and I will post some questions later after I give my brain some time to rest.

Simple and Clean and Don't Think Twice are fantastic songs and I am a dork when I listen to them

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Shadow225 posted:

I was not prepared for the level of :psyduck: that was to come. Several hours later, I think I get everything, but I am lost on some points.

Argue posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Bideo James, The Funny Way to Say "Video Games" > Kingdom Hearts III: So you have come this far and still you understand nothing

:emptyquote: x2!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It's offical. They aren't going to reveal any other Disney Worlds for the game.

Source: https://www.newsweek.com/kingdom-hearts-3-tai-yasue-interview-frozen-tangled-1277391

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I love Sora's expression after he kills Marluxia

"Yeah. gently caress you too."

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kheldarn posted:

It's offical. They aren't going to reveal any other Disney Worlds for the game.

Source: https://www.newsweek.com/kingdom-hearts-3-tai-yasue-interview-frozen-tangled-1277391
Does that mean they just aren't revealing any more or that they've already shown all of the Disney worlds that will be in KH3?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Also, for those who need it, a plot refresher will be in the game:

How would you describe Kingdom Hearts’ lore?

TY: The story of Kingdom Hearts is a classic tale of light and good overcoming darkness and evil. Players will discover the power of friendship and how friends must band together to overcome hardships. A lot has happened since the first Kingdom Hearts game, so for those who are new at playing Kingdom Hearts, we have a “Memory Archive” feature in Kingdom Hearts III that will explain the basic outline of the story through several short movies.

Also, re Gumi Ship:

What's your favorite part of the game?

TY: I pretty much like everything so that’s a difficult question to answer but after finishing the game multiple times, I’ve drifted towards the Gummi Ship.

In the Gummi Ship for Kingdom Hearts 3, players can explore a vast universe on a customized spaceship with complete freedom. There’s a whole bunch of hidden treasure to be found and secret enemies to be fought, but I personally like the edit feature of Gummi Ship the most. Compared to previous Kingdom Hearts games there’s a lot more materials and parts to choose from; you can attach unique skins such as denim, cardboard, fire and cheese, and attach cute figures such as kittens and puppies. Don’t ask me why but I’m currently trying to make a flying ramen stand that shoots fireballs.

Raxivace posted:

Does that mean they just aren't revealing any more or that they've already shown all of the Disney worlds that will be in KH3?

To me, it reads like no new worlds will be announced, but old ones might come back.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 3, 2019

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm fine with the current world count because it seems KH3 isn't repeating KH2's "can clear world in about half an hour" philosophy.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

All ya'll hate on Gummi Ships but if they'd released a game that was an extension of the Gummi levels in KH2 with more levels and more parts to build with I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I love building dumb ships and blowing stuff up. The final boss in the last Gummi Ship level in 2 was a blast, I kept trying to beat it with cleverly built ships and failing, and then built a ship that looked like a Dalek and somehow that was good enough to beat it.

KH3 gummi ships sound like they're right up my alley. Cheese!? Fire? A flying ramen stand!? Sign me up!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I just want to build a donut ship full of guns again like in KH2 and break the difficulty and high score over my knee again.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Somebody post that comic where Sora builds a ship made entirely of guns

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Somebody post that comic where Sora builds a ship made entirely of guns

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Okay, so I've put a couple hours into KH Final Mix and I have a couple questions

1) Is there any way to stop Donald and Goofy from getting owned in every fight other than spending all my munny on potions?

2) do I seriously have to do a gummi ship run every single time I travel between worlds and there's no way to skip back to traverse town