Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

I just don't think Disney cares about it. It had its short run and that was it.

NOW we're talkin!!!!!!!!

Best I can do is Gaia and Ryne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hope there's a Turning Red world and we can explore the fictional world of Toronto.

Goofy: This world is...kinda different!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1513189229949603844

I am sad to inform you that people have doxxed Sora

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1513163361571143684

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 10, 2022

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Funky Valentine posted:

I can't wait for Sora to save the universe from Luxord and Demyx with his friends Donald, Goofy, Mickey, Riku, Maui, Chewbacca, Flick from Bug's Life, Mike Wazowski, Bruno, Quasimodo, Basil of Baker Street, Mowgli, Gilgamesh, Goliath, and Y'shtola.

How could I forget Sora's other new best friend, Jack Garland.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I want to believe in a game where Sora goes to worlds trying to find his way back, and in lieu of Donald and Goofy, he gets partnered with Jack and Gex.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Ayyyy KH4, I hope this doesn't take 15 years to come out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I hope Goofy and Donald arrive at quatrum as normal animals that can talk, and then they find Sora and because magic turn back to their regular designs, to the horror of the humans around them.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

JordanKai posted:

Some eagle-eyed people spotted the foot of a Star Wars robot in the top right of this image. The idea of a Star Wars world in Kingdom Hearts is such a huge turn-off for me. I can only hope it's a short one. :sigh:

am i finally gonna get the darth vader boss fight ive been dreaming of since i was in middle school

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yen Sid is still not going to make him a master.

At this point he's like one of those lovely retail managers who fools a naive employee into doing a bunch of extra work with the promise of a promotion sometime in the future.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

At this point he's like one of those lovely retail managers who fools a naive employee into doing a bunch of extra work with the promise of a promotion sometime in the future.

Though why should it be exclusively his call at this point? Mickey, Aqua, and Riku are all masters now as well

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Larryb posted:

Though why should it be exclusively his call at this point? Mickey, Aqua, and Riku are all masters now as well

Because one of them is named after Disney and it sure isn't Riku.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

JordanKai posted:

Some eagle-eyed people spotted the foot of a Star Wars robot in the top right of this image. The idea of a Star Wars world in Kingdom Hearts is such a huge turn-off for me. I can only hope it's a short one. :sigh:

It's a lightpost in a park in Not-Tokyo. Nothing that isn't KH OG poo poo appears in the trailer outside of the stinger.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Augus posted:

am i finally gonna get the darth vader boss fight ive been dreaming of since i was in middle school

We have Darth Vader at home.

"Kylo Ren walks onscreen."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Caidin posted:

We have Darth Vader at home.

"Terranort walks onscreen."

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's a lightpost in a park in Not-Tokyo. Nothing that isn't KH OG poo poo appears in the trailer outside of the stinger.

I mean then it's a lightpost with the exact kind of panel lining an AT-ST foot has with a back strut that looks like it's part of the leg standing in a park that looks like a deep forest and not a park at all

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
If it's a lamp post it looks to have been built in a small stream.

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
I wonder of this means Sora will be able to visit Tokyo Disney Seas in Quadratum? Just to bring the whole "Destiny Islands = It's Disney Land" thing full circle.

Also, Star Wars in KH is a neat prospect (because Lightsaber Keyblade and a boss fight with someone like Darth Vader would be sick as hell) but I'm not sure how I feel about the possibility of Marvel being featured. I think it's just because the MCU is something that just takes place On Earth, In New York City for the most part, and it'd just kind of feel...I dunno. Then again, Quadratum is just Tokyo but the Afterlife, so I guess we're already there.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Caidin posted:

If it's a lamp post it looks to have been built in a small stream.

Narnia confirmed

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vinylshadow posted:

Narnia confirmed

The White Witch tempts Donald with Turkish Delight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

The White Witch tempts Donald with Turkish Delight.

I want to hear Donald Duck's voice actor TRY to say Turkish Delight.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

So what kind of worlds would y’all want to see? Assuming Disney will be as hands-on as they seemed to be in KH3, I’d fully expect levels themed around Encanto, Raya, Moana, and maybe even Jungle Cruise. Would love to see them tackle more out there Disney films like Atlantis or Treasure Planet, but we all know they probably won’t. Pixar-wise, would love to see The Incredibles especially if it’s a loose retelling of the first film with Syndrome and the Omnibot. Also, Maleficent world. Considering how important she is to KH, would be neat to travel to her past and team up with her before she became evil.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I feel like everyone including Disney memory holed Raya.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Would love to see more interesting Pixar worlds in KHIV. Coco and Inside Out could have some very unique worlds.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I want them to have more songs in the Disney worlds like Frozen did :colbert:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Finally, Sora will meet The Rock.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sora's going to go visit FF7Remake verse but regular Cloud is going to follow him and be very confused

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

Finally, Sora will meet The Rock.

Kingdom Hearts world travel montage while We Know The Way plays would be amazing

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Give me the Wreck it ralph world.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

What would their emotions be in Inside Out world?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bobjr posted:

What would their emotions be in Inside Out world?

Goofy would have normal emotions, Donald with just be a giant angry red duck and Sora would just be a generic smiley face that says "FRIENDSHIP

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Pixeltendo posted:

Was already dealt with in Union X, but I wouldn't mind seeing it return.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Macaluso posted:

They'd be crazy not to capitalize on it. I would also probably prepare for Thanos

Sora ends up picking up Groot and Rocket as companions this time around.

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."

Pixeltendo posted:

Considering Game Central Station was in KHUx and was very important to the plot along with introducing the idea of fictional worlds like Quadratum, this is an incredibly safe bet.

I'd love to see more revisits to older worlds with the new graphical systems and power available. You could probably have stuff like Halloween Town looking and playing like a 24 FPS stop motion with screen-accurate models and textures, Space Paranoids with fuzzy CGI, or Wonderland with a way more dynamic and bizzare level layout and effects. Honestly, seeing Rift Apart manage to swap between rendering styles and shaders on the fly has made me way more optimistic about what exactly we'll see from Kingdom Hearts on the new tech, especially since the stinger of the trailer has confirmed that the cartoony aspects of the series are here to stay, and they'll probably be emphasizing more of the 'cartoon' aspects and animations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Merlin’s shown up enough in the series already so I wouldn’t mind a Sword & The Stone world but I imagine they typically pull from the more popular movies. As mentioned above, bringing Wreck-It-Ralph back would kind of make sense as well.

Also I noticed there were two cloaked figures watching Sora in Quadratum, one is obviously the MoM but I’m curious who the other one is (Luxu/Xigbar probably)

Off the subject, looks like flowmotion and Keyblade transformations will be sticking around in KH4 at least based on what little gameplay we saw in the trailer. Considering the end of Melody of Memory and the KH3 DLC I wouldn’t be surprised if Sora’s not the only playable character this time as well (granted that was already sort of the case in KH2 & 3).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 10, 2022

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

JordanKai posted:

I'm excited for Sora to become friends with ewoks, and for MoM & Luxu to hang out with Palpatine & Vader.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I look forward to them building up Noctis appearing only for him to get knocked away in .3 seconds and Yozora shows up and takes his place and nobody comments on it at all.

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, looks like flowmotion and Keyblade transformations will be sticking around in KH4 at least based on what little gameplay we saw in the trailer. Considering the end of Melody of Memory and the KH3 DLC I wouldn’t be surprised if Sora’s not the only playable character this time as well (granted that was already sort of the case in KH2 & 3).

What's interesting (and this is coming off of what is probably an animation made up to be gameplay, but SQEX has really been getting along with Unreal as of late, so who knows) is that formchanges just seem like something the Keyblade can do now in conjunction with flowmotion, not just a variant of the Dribe system. I'm not sure if that grapple move is just a replacement of that square based superjump from 3 or it means that we can expect much more fluid movement and a bigger moveset.

My current theory is that Sora and maybe Riku exploring Quadratum in an open world while Kairi, Donald, Goofy, and the other WoL work in the Disney worlds to bring Sora back. The setup of the trailer and the stuff leading up to it in MoM/Re:Mind have made me think that there's going to be two very different adventures going on at the same time.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sora vs Darth Vader is going to be sick.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

I look forward to them building up Noctis appearing only for him to get knocked away in .3 seconds and Yozora shows up and takes his place and nobody comments on it at all.

Every time the camera changes angles in a cutscene Yozora's model switches between him and Noctis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SetSliRol posted:

What's interesting (and this is coming off of what is probably an animation made up to be gameplay, but SQEX has really been getting along with Unreal as of late, so who knows) is that formchanges just seem like something the Keyblade can do now in conjunction with flowmotion, not just a variant of the Dribe system. I'm not sure if that grapple move is just a replacement of that square based superjump from 3 or it means that we can expect much more fluid movement and a bigger moveset.

My current theory is that Sora and maybe Riku exploring Quadratum in an open world while Kairi, Donald, Goofy, and the other WoL work in the Disney worlds to bring Sora back. The setup of the trailer and the stuff leading up to it in MoM/Re:Mind have made me think that there's going to be two very different adventures going on at the same time.

Yozora might be playable as well considering how much they built him up in Re:Mind.

And while it would be nice to get playable Kairi in more than a small capacity I’m not exactly holding my breath considering how she’s been treated in the franchise thus far (though she is going to train with Aqua so maybe this time could be different),

I agree having two adventures going on at the same time that eventually come together would probably make the most sense though.