Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

In my opinion you can read a good summary of 358/2 and re:Coded. Even just watching the cutscenes is a painful experience.

With so little time until release I’d even do KH1 theater mode since it’s the one game that’s unlocked for at the start. The other ones you have to play through first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

I do highly recommend putting the games on easy if you’re just doing this for story to catch up. Then you don’t have to worry about any of this poo poo.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Now I want a Good Troop world where Goofy and Pete are confused why Max and P.J. are calling them dad and have mental breakdowns.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

When I’m leading up to Monstro I always think of the Lord Jabu Jabu’s Belly dungeon from OOT which I hate so much. Then I actually play it and realize that’s not the same place and feel better about it.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

KH2 in general has a lot of weight to your movements so Sora controlled perfectly. He could transition from air combos to ground combos smooth as butter and fights had a general flow to it.

When I heard Nomura wanted to use a KH like combat system for FF15 I was loving stoked. Then I played it and wept.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Ya’ll are making me want to go back and play some 0.2 to do some of the challenges I didn’t finish. Need more cat ears.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Don’t know if I want to play 0.2 right away or not. I have given up on knowing or understanding the plot other than broad strokes, not to mention I bounced off BBS every time I played it. Maybe playing 2FM will get me in the mood to try it again.

More than anything else I hope they do not do Kairi dirty again in 3.

they are totally going to gently caress up kairi again

There is barely a plot. It’s just a good way to see the new engine.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Should I tell the girl I just started dating that in a short amount of time I will need to devote a lot of time away from her to play a game about Disney characters and keyblades or just call it off now?

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Skip BBS because it sucks and the combat is bad unless you download a melding guide to hack the best moves in the first three hours.

lol no

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

I like Aqua.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Linear Zoetrope posted:

She clearly feels like she's been there for a long time. She comments on how long it's been constantly. Maybe not 10 years, and she hasn't really visibly aged, but a long time.

Yeah. If I remember right she even talks about how it’s only a matter of time before she loses her drat mind and goes bonkers.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Turtle with a dog’s head? Octopus with a duck’s head? I see nothing odd about this. Welcome to Atlantis!

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

I want to know what the criteria is for worlds that are cool with the crew in their normal attire and those that would flip their poo poo and have an existential crisis if they saw them while not transformed into a form more in line with the current world.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Wow these all seem reasona.... 'raise Sora to lvl 99' oh gently caress off

We have waited for this game forever. Just lol if you aren’t gonna max everything out so you squeeze every drop out of this.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Or maybe it’s just :sora: at its finest.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

I wish Scrooge and the nephews would switch to their modern DuckTales versions.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

I never got the idea that the Master of Masters was malevolent at all even though he was purposely vague. He just seems like a chill dude who came across some knowledge of an impending event and wanted to make sure people were ready for it even though he didn’t understand it himself.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Finished platinuming Dream Drop Distance and now I just have the 0.2 game to go and I hope its not long.

It’s as long as you want it to be. Short story but if you want to do the challenges it can take a bit longer.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Larryb posted:

I've never played the mobile game, does it ever explain exactly who the real prophesied traitor actually was?

Nah. As far as connections to the movie it really only involves the unions and the leaders themselves as it goes into the keyblade war, but the interesting stuff is outside of the movie. Ventus’s introduction and Marlixia and Larxene’s “human” introductions are pretty cool but even those haven’t been truly connected to the main games yet.

Edit: I will add that the gameplay is definitely a mobile game and in my opinion is not very fun. The story does seem kind of important at the moment if you’re a lore nerd though, so definitely read some summaries if that’s your thing. It’s also farther along in Japan than here.

Pug Rodeo fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 15, 2019

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

No but now they’re all dead and there’s a new group of union leaders and one of them is probably the traitor.

Heavily implied to be: Lauriam, who is the “human” version of Marluxia.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

pospysyl posted:

I saw him as similar to Sora. A very optimistic guy who likes exploring and has a lot of faith in his friends. If the animal crew had an equal amount of faith in each other as the Master did, things would have worked out better.

Watch him be a time displaced adult Sora.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

I’ve seen a lot of articles mention that at the time KH was released they needed the FF characters to bring fans of the series to a game of mostly OC and Disney characters. Now that the OC stand on their own the FF ones don’t really need much of a role.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Good lord those people at the beginning made me cringe so hard.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

This just made me realize I was 10 loving years old when I played the first kingdom hearts jesus christ

I was 19. The fact that I am now 35 and still so invested in this series blows my mind.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Are the Starlight and 7/11 keyblade stats released yet? I wonder how they stack against Kingdom Key right out of the gate.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

J-Spot posted:

If you count the remakes this checks out:

1) Kingdom Hearts 1
2) Chain of Memories
3) Kingdom Hearts 2
4) Re:Chain of Memories
5) Coded
6) 358/2 Days
7) Birth By Sleep
8) Re:Coded
9) Dream Drop Distance
10) χ
11) Union Cross
12) A Fragmentary Passage
13) Kingdom Hearts 3

Didn’t it go X > Unchained X > Union X[Cross] though?

Edit: Wikipedia considers KH3 number 12, so they appear to be considering the mobile game just one collective game.

Pug Rodeo fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 18, 2019

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

TriffTshngo posted:

Yeah I suppose I was forgetting Riku's revelation at the end of 2 and just sort of assumed he was a special exception. Like yeah Xehanort pushing the idea of balance to Terra was obvious bullshitting on his part but in context Eraqus seems to be very much on the "eradicate all darkness" end of the scale which makes it seem like balance is an impossible task. The "good guy" says nuh uh no darkness for you while the obvious hella evil villain says hey maybe moderate darkness, so it's easy to assume the game's overall message is meant to be "literally if you have more than 1% darkness you're loving up" if you assume you're meant to side with "good guy" Eraqus on the matter. But hey he's dead so gently caress 'em. Except probably not because nobody dies in this series.

I think during the beginning of BBS you think “Oh he’s just an old man who has some fringe theories about the darkness!” but by the end of DDD you realize that’s a big “lol no”.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Thank you it feels as if a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

Same. I thought I was gonna have to leave the thread for a week after seeing all those black lines. I just knew someone was gonna slip.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

I just finished my first visit to Port Royal in KH2 last night.

I'm... not going to finish this, BBS, and DDD by the 29th, am I.

If you’re poopsocking, putting both on easy might cut it. If you have to choose do BBS though.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

So if Xehanort merged with Terra, then Terra-nort splits into Ansem and Xemnas, Does that mean each is a half Terra or a quarter Terra?

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

aegof posted:

Ansem gave up his body, and is always either using Riku's or is a metaphysical projection from within Riku's heart, so he's not much of Terra at all.

And I'm pretty sure Nobodies aren't literally the person's heart-less corpse getting up and running around, so I don't think there's any Terra in there either.

The fact that this doesn’t make any more sense to me as to where Terra’s consciousness currently is genuinely makes me happy.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Gologle posted:

When you think about it, this whole mess was caused by Xehanort's parents. Like, why would you give your son such an obviously evil name? It would be like naming your child Judas, what did you think would happen?

What else can you name your kid when you have to scramble up No Heart and an X?

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Maybe if the parents of children living on Destiny Isles were actually present in their lives we could have avoided all of this.

Instead they’re allowed to boat out to a parentless island and run amok while being visited by strangers.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Shoehead posted:

Wait Xehanort is the bad guy from the Care Bears?!

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Meridian posted:

Master of Masters and Luxu repping the black coat. Significant or lazy character design?

Even though they’ve given the coat a purpose in lore, it’s clearly mostly used as a way to introduce a character and create suspense on who it is underneath the hood. Then they’re allowed to keep the hood down after that.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

aegof posted:

Data people aren't far from being real people, so I don't see why not.

Awwwwwww yeah. Adding my WoW professions from all those years to the resume.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

keirharder posted:

Short pointless question, do the ps4 releases of the KH1 and 2 share trophies with the ps3 releases? Thinking of buying the set with all games included. Doesn’t really matter just curious.

I want to say mine are separate. And that’s not the new bundle. That’s the two separate releases for both consoles. I may be wrong though and don’t have access to my console right now. When I get a chance I’ll come back and edit this with my confirmation.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

I assume they share since they don’t have separate skill trees for each character.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

TheLoneStar posted:

Unironically I think half of her love is just people seeing her as a good waifu because she lacks greatly in character and even in Birth by Sleep she didn't do much of note or importance. Since Birth by Sleep she's done absolutely nothing but just wander about the Real of Darkness for over a decade and muttering cheesy monologues to herself.

I personally just think she’s a lot of fun to play. It’s nice to have someone who really benefits from a magic based play style and doesn’t just hit people with a keyblade most the time. They’re something very satisfying about wrecking entire groups with massive magic damage. Plus her cartwheel dodge is OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Aqua gets a lot of crap for rescuing Terra-nort from falling into the darkness and sacrificing herself instead, but I don’t think that would of prevented anything. It would only be a matter of type before he escaped the realm, but would have been soaking up darkness like a sponge that entire time.