Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
1. Lego Harry Potter Collection
2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
3. Mario Tennis Aces
4. Puzzle Bobble 2
5. ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove
6. 10 Second Run RETURNS
7. Final Fantasy IX
8. Her Story
9. Hollow Knight
10. Super Mario Maker 2
11. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
12. Serial Cleaner
13. Just Shapes & Beats
14. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
15. A Hat In Time

Dr. Cool Aids fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sudden Javelin posted:

1. Lego Harry Potter Collection

Starting strong

thats two games

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Have you played RE6 yet. It's way better solo than 5 since you don't need to babysit the AI as much and (more importantly) you don't have to manage their inventory

No, I just bought it since it was on sale. That's great to hear

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

elf help book posted:

thats two games

and I beat both!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
-a. Classic Mode

I beat it with every character and at no point did the Race To The Finish thing become good.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
-a. Classic Mode

I beat it with every character and at no point did the Race To The Finish thing become good.

I couldn't believe it was exactly the same every time. Am I crazy or did even SSB64 have different ones for different characters. C'mon Sakurai.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Race to the Finish was always the same but 64 had Platform Master and Hit the Target that we're unique per character.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror

it was mostly awful

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the melee break the target ones were epic and it was cool to see people work out optimal strats and break them all in 0.7 seconds. I guess i can see why they didn’t want to make 70 of them or whatever.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

b_d posted:

the melee break the target ones were epic and it was cool to see people work out optimal strats and break them all in 0.7 seconds. I guess i can see why they didn’t want to make 70 of them or whatever.
It sucks though because they served as really important movement and recovery tutorials for characters, I guess they figured that wasn't as necessary in the YouTube age.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

they really missed an opportunity to pull some smb 1-2 poo poo here.. cmon son.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I also beat classic on every character AND I got the last music track AND I played my 200th quick match, unlocking the last challenge and clearing every challenge board with 0 hammers used. :cool:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

b_d posted:

I also beat classic on every character AND I got the last music track AND I played my 200th quick match, unlocking the last challenge and clearing every challenge board with 0 hammers used. :cool:
Goondolences.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

yeah. best day of my life. it’s all downhill from here.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

b_d posted:

I got the last music track AND I played my 200th quick match, unlocking the last challenge and clearing every challenge board with 0 hammers used. :cool:

Cool. I haven’t done any of that. I’m at least gonna beat WoL, Century Smash and All-Star before putting it down at least.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Strider Hiryuu, highest difficulty, no death

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

b_d posted:

They could have gone the brawl route and had only a few which you could try with any character.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I didn’t like those at all!

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
2) Subnautica - 1/9/19

First played this years ago in early access and decided to wait for it to get finished. One of the only good survival games out there.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

First game beat in 2019 is Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (100%). Absolutely loved it. Really fun, hilarious, just the right level of challenging. I’m not much of a completionist and usually don’t bother 100%-ing any game, especially Metroidvanias, so the fact that I did for this one should be a testament for how much I liked it. I already bought Half-Genie Hero but I think I’m going to have to go back for the 2 original games too.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
3) super noahs ark - hard100%

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Chill Callahan posted:

3) super noahs ark - hard100%

Lol. Anyone play the christian NES Zelda 1 rip-off where you go around collecting the armor of god and you throw the fruits of the spirit at people? I was not allowed to play zelda but I could play that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I owned Bible Adventures, the unlicensed NES cart.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

First game beat in 2019 is Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (100%). Absolutely loved it. Really fun, hilarious, just the right level of challenging. I’m not much of a completionist and usually don’t bother 100%-ing any game, especially Metroidvanias, so the fact that I did for this one should be a testament for how much I liked it. I already bought Half-Genie Hero but I think I’m going to have to go back for the 2 original games too.

pirates curse rules

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Lol. Anyone play the christian NES Zelda 1 rip-off where you go around collecting the armor of god and you throw the fruits of the spirit at people? I was not allowed to play zelda but I could play that

spiritual warfare is pretty good by wisdom tree standards

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mysterious loyall X posted:

spiritual warfare is pretty good by wisdom tree standards

I had that and the game where baby jesus is basically baby mario in yoshis island. And the FPS Noah's Ark game . Spiritual Warfare was definitely an acceptable game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Pirates Curse is a top tier game and I'm a huge Shantae fan due to her sexy boobs, and I kickstarted half genie hero but I don't think it's very good...Hell I even recorded a top 25 speed run for it. Worth a play if you have it already but pirates Curse is just loving awesome.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. DQXI

My first DQ game! I really liked it. The bosses in the last half of the game were really fun, there were lots of good feels, and the design of all the monsters and characters was terrific. I'm excited to see what this post-game I keep hearing about is.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and the Torna DLC.

I told myself to just "rush" through the game and gently caress all side quests. Didn't really do that until chapter 5 and still had over 100 hrs. put into it. loving Xenoblade.

I really liked the Torna DLC though. Almost reached 100% there. Only thing I didn't do was kill 3 of the 4 superbosses or do any NG+ stuff.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I need to get torna dlc

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

I need to get torna dlc

Same here

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Celeste

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hitman 2

These should be the best selling games ever it's insane how good they are.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Dead cells

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Portrait of Ruin true ending. Overall it was great, though easier than Aria and Dawn imo. The requirements for the true ending were much less esoteric too

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Finished FF8. I liked Selphie. She was a hot blooded psychopath. I put the devour command on Quistis to play up the gross monster abilities angle, making her a heavy hitter after eating a bunch of dinosaurs. It's... OK? Better than 3, worse than 1.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

return of the obra dinn

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

HORMELCHILI posted:

return of the obra dinn

It rules but so far most of my play time is going “oh for real?” When the game says I have enough information to figure out someone’s identity and I haven’t a breeze about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

It rules but so far most of my play time is going “oh for real?” When the game says I have enough information to figure out someone’s identity and I haven’t a breeze about them.

The only time you should worry you've missed something is if they also only have 1 arrow. There's lots of 3 arrow dudes who get unblurred early over extremely subtle clues.