Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Windows 98 posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the things that make this movie so great we’re probably forgotten entirely in the reboot I have not seen, it’s it’s probably a much more straight forward horror. Just speculating but I would be surprised if I was wrong.

It's much worse than that; the remake isn't a bad horror film, it's a bad comedy. It's actually almost worth watching in a "you have to see this poo poo to believe it" kind of way - there's a robot dog who looks like it's made from play-doh and a remote control that makes the wives' boobs grow - but its themes and personality are absolutely loving odious if you're the kind of person who agrees with the politics of the original. It comes from a very lovely place, culturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU