Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Also Poppy is just version 2.0, the original girl was Mars Argo, and the mastermind behind the thing is some wanker called Titanic Sinclair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbS-dKD4c9I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

just look out the window every few minutes and you'll be fine. smdh at these people that didn't have 4+ hour car journeys to relatives and had no choice but to stop puking or die of boredom.

also music helps.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

gonadic io posted:

just got this ad

whenever a cat shows up in my parents iphoto, i say yes, thats whoever im asked to identify

it might not make a huge difference, but its probably funny if they ever put on a slideshow

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

https://amp.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3042991/china-flight-systems-jammed-pig-farms-african-swine-fever

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

a late submission but i think this is a clear winner for most cyberpunk story for the year

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Every couple of years when a story gets big about how pigs are an abomination, does anyone else think of the scene in Alien: Resurrection where Ridley is meeting all her failed clones?

We don't have a general future dystopian thread but pugs absolutely belong in one

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
Pigs or pugs?

also there's nothing wrong with piggies. they provide us with delicious bacon. how dare!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I had the same question. I don't know if the post is about the horrors of selective breeding for factory farming or the horrors of selective breeding for dog shows

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

PSA: phone keyboards are still bad

Pugs. Pugs are abominations. Pigs are just cute, mostly healthy animals we torture to death.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
what a coincidence. today when I was dropping my dog off at the groomer a pug that was leaving saw my dog and lost it’s poo poo. it started barking furiously and bit its owner’s ankle several times.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Cold on a Cob posted:

what a coincidence. today when I was dropping my dog off at the groomer a pug that was leaving saw my dog and lost it’s poo poo. it started barking furiously and bit its owner’s ankle several times.

same, but a pig

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

remember when sulk got a pug and then got so mad about people making fun of him that he stopped posting in yospos forever

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
all dogs are precious even if selective breeding has left some dogs hosed up

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
Plus, I bet the skin folds of pugs harbor some delicious, bacon-like fat.

Just sayin'.

What?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Roosevelt posted:

remember when sulk got a pug and then got so mad about people making fun of him that he stopped posting in yospos forever

specifically we dragged his rear end because he got a pug and didn't neuter it b/c he was going to become a pug breeder

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Switzerland posted:

Plus, I bet the skin folds of pugs harbor some delicious, bacon-like fat.

Just sayin'.

What?

gross

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

Of course the joke was on him, there aren't any genes left to rub together in those things

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

specifically we dragged his rear end because he got a pug and didn't neuter it b/c he was going to become a pug breeder

lol yeah

pugs are a loving health nightmare, doing anything to propagate them is haram

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

the term is "inbreeder"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lookit this loving mutant

who would intentionally make more of these?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i mean its kinda cute in the "oh god, what have i done" sort of way

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
they're a disgusting monument to mankind's hubris and folly

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

infernal machines posted:

lookit this loving mutant

who would intentionally make more of these?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

uncurable mlady posted:

i mean its kinda cute in the "oh god, what have i done" sort of way

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

must be a brownout, lots of monitors turned off in the 'pos today

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

yea I watch rick and morty too

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i remember this. lol.

Killmaster
Jun 18, 2002
gently caress the haters, pugs are awesome.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Killmaster posted:

gently caress the haters, pugs are awesome.

nope

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
I met a very smart and lively pug mix. I hope that he had less than half the breathing and eye-popping-out problems of a purebred pug

Killmaster
Jun 18, 2002
We had two pugs. The first one had cancer, skin conditions and diabetes, and we had to put her down at 10 years. The second didn't have any health problems and just died last week at 15 years. She had a collapsed Trachea but took meds and otherwise was a champ. Both of them were the sweetest, most even tempered dogs ever. 5 stars would do it again

Honestly I see a lot of variation in pugs; I don't think they're the worst of the brachiocephalic breeds. if you want to talk about hosed up dog breeds look at bulldogs (esp. collegiate sports mascots). The last GA bulldog lived like 3 years. Ofc UK Bulldog breeders fixed the problem through crossbreeding but US breeders put their heads in the sand.

here's an article about bulldogs

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scie...them-180959963/

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
“better than bulldogs” is a low bar to clear tbh

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
why don’t they just gene edit the defects out

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz-QoQdjn-w

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

eschaton posted:

boooooriiinng, why don't we edit in random defects and see what comes out the other side

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH

eschaton posted:

dog breeders are horse fanatics without the need for a farm. legislation with actually enforced jail time is needed to get changes of that level.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Killmaster posted:

We had two pugs. The first one had cancer, skin conditions and diabetes, and we had to put her down at 10 years. The second didn't have any health problems and just died last week at 15 years. She had a collapsed Trachea but took meds and otherwise was a champ. Both of them were the sweetest, most even tempered dogs ever. 5 stars would do it again

Honestly I see a lot of variation in pugs; I don't think they're the worst of the brachiocephalic breeds. if you want to talk about hosed up dog breeds look at bulldogs (esp. collegiate sports mascots). The last GA bulldog lived like 3 years. Ofc UK Bulldog breeders fixed the problem through crossbreeding but US breeders put their heads in the sand.

i would class a collapsed trachea as a health problem but idk im not a dog

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Killmaster posted:

your dogs sound like they were hosed up failpups hth

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
get yourself a good lab or even a chihuahua, something solid that won't get blinded by an annoyed housecat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jonny 290 posted:

get yourself a good lab or even a chihuahua, something solid that isn't a walking library of genetic transcription errors