Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Is that the most racist Mallard yet? My instincts say yes, but he's pretty racist and puts out a lot of comics...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

The Shadow over Innsmouth was about how interracial coupling would destroy the world, The Horror at Red Hook was about how immigration would destroy the world, At the Mountains of Madness was about how slavery was a good idea, he used the n-word to name his cat, he ranted about jewish people, etc. etc.. He was a weird sheltered homeschooled racist who late in life made a statement to the effect of "maybe these immigrants are actually bringing in some interesting architecture" and then he died.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

People should stop posting Tosspanels or whatever the gently caress it's called because they're just giving Nazis a bigger audience ITT and deplatforming works.

I kinda want to argue that this thread isn't much of a platform and that it's useful to see some of the media these chuds produce and consume but at the same time I wouldn't be sad to never see his smug little poo poo nazi comics again.

KillerQueen fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 16, 2019

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

"Watch the full video" might also lead you to other videos, like one of the Covington chuds harassing random women walking by.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

...I don't get it?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

loquacius posted:

AOC referenced a UN report that indicated we have 12 years to fix our emissions before catastrophic climate change becomes unavoidable. Ramirez thinks the end is near because people aren't immediately dismissing her for saying that, making them dumb.

Alhazred posted:

"AOC dumb"

Ah, thank you. For some reason I had it that Ramirez was referencing how long it would be for AOC to run for prez. Or something.
KillerQueen dumb.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Does ignoring when you fail count as disagreeing?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Tinsley will never say "Lifestyle Bowl", but he will namedrop it in the comic he has complete creative control over.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

My face burns when the wind blows. It's hard to breathe, my lungs burning from the cold or the thin air or both. My fingers go numb as they rub my eyes free of the gathering frost.
I had to abandon the snow mobile this morning, and I haven't felt my legs for a few hours. I keep moving through the night, not wanting to stand still for fear I would freeze completely.

My body feels...almost hot, now. I know it's a bad sign. I'm so close to home, so close, but my legs have given out. The snow keeps coming. Will I be buried completely? Will they ever find me?
Will they even look?
I've managed to turn myself onto my back. I look up at the clouds, up at the grey, and I laugh to myself.
"So much for global warming..."

-Payne's Final Moments

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Look, if I know anything about politics, I know about the horseshoe theory. The farther anyone gets to either side of the spectrum, the more alike they are.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

im on the net me boys posted:

Can't tell if this is a sincere or joking post

It's sarcastic but I'm drunk look the point is centrists are the detritus of the political universe.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Someone didn’t like Maus.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Selachian posted:

Note that Hellman's letter was in response to Rall publishing a bitchy screed in the Village Voice attacking Spiegelman. According to Rall, Spiegelman was using his post-Maus fame and connections to rule the alt-comics world, dispensing favors on undeserving artists who were, surprise, Not Ted Rall.

Somfin posted:

Yeah, the feeling I get from that excerpt is "hey he's never gonna be huge the way the true titans of the industry are and that's sad but kind of okay, most of us won't be, his work is still important and worthy of recognition and those who know will honour him, also, Rall is a piece of poo poo and no-one likes him except as a punching bag."

Thank you both for clarifying!
Wait, so Rall was doing the whole this-Jewish-person-controls-my-industry thing? Great.

Raised By Birds posted:

Oh good, so there is now a "Ruth Bader Ginsberg is secretly dead" conspiracy?

This has actually been going a while, and I think is in fact a recurring one that comes to the fore whenever it's been a while since she's made major public appearances.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

“An editor for the Federalist just called AOC’s Green New Deal “immature” and “it looked like something a high schooler” would write. He also added it would cost a “bazillion dollars”.”

There’s a disconnect here, I juuuuust can’t put my finger on it...

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

So dems are gonna run on this right? If 92% of the base is in favor of it AND Republicans don't overwhelmngly hate it (somehow?) I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

Not to be 'that guy' but there are problems someone could point to to pretty easily discount this. 966 people is a pretty small sample size, and the poll was taken before the actually Green New Deal was drafted.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

“Corbin’s brexit deal is pure fantasy, unlike the very real and accepted May deal.” -The Telegraph

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Can you all even believe a woman ran for president?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

It is extraordinarily hard for me to actually focus on that Rall book for any amount of time. I keep finding myself switching to another tab in between panels.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

In regards to Teddy Rallspin's magnum opus 2024 a graphic novel by Tid Rail, obviously everything about it is terrible but what stands out from the usual badness of his strips I think is the composition. Taffy Roll usually sticks to a 4, 2, or single panel format, which are all fairly difficult to gently caress up, but incompetence really shines in 6 panel and 9 panel grids. Because every human figure is basically a series of arrows pointing each and every way, my eyes are drawn everywhere and nowhere as I look at the art, to the point where my brain barely registers the art at all. I'm subconsciously boiling down each page posted into a random assortment of confusing paragraphs surrounded by boxes, with b&w abstract art as background filler. Even with the very simplistic writing it makes these pages very difficult to read.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

The more he fantasized about murdering her, the more his pity turned into lust.

It's just going to get worse, isn't it?

Anyways I took almost more time parsing how to read the first page than actually reading it, that's a good sign. It's good to see Rall so happy that he gets to drop f-bombs all over because his protagonist is a lovely little puke. Also this really files down the teeth of the Party, Rallstone's done how many felonies so far and no cop has even looked at him.

Edit: also one panel specifically says everybody's life experience is made to be one-to-one, but he didn't watch the super I mean Ultrabowl when that other guy did. This dystopia really doesn't seem to affect Rallstone at all.

KillerQueen fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 12, 2019

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

Ahhhhhhh. You gently caress! I had to read it to see what you meant. I had to. You gently caress! You made me look at the cursed image.

Christ he’s terrible lmao.

We have such sights to show you, Lightning Knight :unsmigghh:

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Thank you for bringing up that Winston’s life loving sucked in 1984, that’s arguably the point of the whole dystopian sub genre. Unless you’re trying to get me to hate the character, writing Rallston as being comfortable doesn’t make any drat sense. Like is this going to turn out that he’s like the dictators son or something?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I dont know posted:

Wait, really? That seems a bridge to far even for O'Reilly.

Does it? Dude is and has been hella racist for ages. Like, it's bad, but it's pretty on-brand.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Somfin posted:

I'll be emphasising this in coming posts but what revolution is Rallston even waiting for

Like, what life is better suited to him than this one

But he's gotta talk to a sports guuuyyyyyy. About black people! Pure torture.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Not 100% as strong as the original, but I admire Bors's dedication to the wasteland.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Oh geez that Stonetoss. Wowza.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

This whole book so far just feels like random vignettes, nothing really attaches to any kind of structure. Every issue gets resolved in 2 pages. Rallston's in a race riot, riot gets broken up. Rallston's being followed maybe, Rallston calls the cops on that guy. Rallston's #racist coworker bugs him, Rallston talks to him like nothing's wrong. Rallston can't gently caress, nah it's cool he slays mad puss on the reg no strings attached. All set to the backdrop of the most inconsistent, half-hearted dystopia ever. You could be posting all of this completely out of order and I wouldn't know the difference because nothing builds to anything!

It's cool and good that Benny G drew a rope around Maxine Waters' neck.

KillerQueen fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Feb 20, 2019

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Ah, you're right. Thought it was supposed to be the rope, but yeah them's pearls maybe probably hopefully.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Because none of these people have any level of self-reflection.

More importantly, where's Dilbert's tie? It's like Garfield Without Garfield.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Die in a fire, nazi.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Neodoomium posted:

You know how we omit Gorrell from the Gaybie for Laziest?

Should we consider omitting Stantis from the Gaybie for "Least Over Hillary"

If we do, Stonetoss needs to be disqualified for "Least Concealed Bigotry (x)".

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Somfin posted:

2024 read-along: loving pong.

This is an extended sequence where Rallston goes to a shop to buy a floppy disc and player, is informed that what he's buying is super crazy hyper duper double plus illegal for the usual reasons, buys it anyway, and then spends a whole loving page playing Pong. Which is illegal. He's risking literally everything in order to play an insanely illegal version of a video game that there are definitely almost infinite freely available totally legal variants.

That's it, that's all that happens. Two pages for this.

Everything this fucker does is allegedly illegal! Presumably with the extra emphasis this time there might be consequences?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Yeah, not bad as Ralls go. I like the eyes on the male newscaster.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Take THAT, women being sexually harassed and abused! 'Bout time a hero of the people like Ted Rall took you down a peg!

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Being born is worse than dying. A nihilist cartoon?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Life is as an ocean of possibility, draining into the aether drop by drop, until it is as shallow as reality. There is no greater a wrong than to be born in the first place. An infinity, destroyed. Would that we all face annihilation, so as all of mankind can glimpse the shores of that great ocean once more, and drown in its depths.

-Pat Cross, probably

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Heh, that guy hosed a pig and also the UK.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I'm starting to think this Rall guy doesn't like female people.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Reduce military spending? But that's illegal!

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

That three people have posted about the same incident makes me think chuds might be making poo poo up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Besesoth posted:

Here it is, the argument the alt-right are going to try to use to challenge the 2020 elections: trying to elect someone other than Trump in a lawful, scheduled election is a coup against Trump.

My paranoid schizophrenic friend has me half convinced that there won't even be an election.