Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Man that kid erased a ton of labels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Ramirez predicts the Dow will drop below 20,000 this month.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Apart from STRONG DADDY FOOTBALL CAPTAIN TRUMP this is probably the single most aligned-with-observable-reality Payne I've seen in ages.
I've been trying to reverse-AGC it because I can't believe he did that intentionally.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This bothered me when I saw this before. Wasn't Jesus (supposedly) born on the 25th? I'm fully willing to believe that I have that wrong, but that's what I thought was the True Meaning of Christmas TM.

Edit: Wrong image.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Stultus Maximus posted:

Jewish holidays, and therefore Christian holidays, start after sunset the day before.
This looks like the most likely answer to my question. Thanks!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Republicans posted:

Add a Gonzalez signature in the corner and
And/or something like "Sophisticated Political Cartoonists" to the car then send it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol:ed heartily

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Grimdude posted:

Googling "antifa attacks marines" yielded Fox News and a lot of other garbage looking sources, but upon reading even those it seems pretty bullshit. According to the two marines, this group of like ten masked people "asked them if they were proud boys" and then just proceeded to mercilessly beat the poo poo out of them. Even while one marine yelled "I'm Mexican!"

It just reeks of missing context, but that's probably just my bias against right wing shitheads.
https://www.phillymag.com/news/2018/12/13/marines-assaulted-philadelphia-keenan-massey-antifa/

Their story is they were unaware a Proud Boys rally was happening nearby, and there appears to have been some kind of a big misunderstanding. I can buy there is more to the story than what has been reported so far, but I can also buy they were attacked by some idiots for no real good reason and beaten up though.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Samurai Sanders posted:

It didn't occur to me to ask but the majority of Americans thought the French Revolution was a good thing, right?
A lot of us kind of feel like we inspired it, actually, because the world revolves around the good ol' US of A!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The more I think about this the less sense it makes. I think I know what he's saying, that Erdogan is a tyrant, but nothing in it actually says that.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Abyssal Squid posted:

First thing that comes to mind:

From a simpler time. The before time.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Don't be too hard on Rob Smith Jr he was fired forever way back due to Obamacare so he has a lot on his mind.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Typical of those groovy 'women's lib' girls, right guys? :smuggo:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I like how he starts with two true things that you should be concerned about. There's literally a huge investigation happening now and people close to Trump going to jail with Russia connections, and Trump did take extreme steps to ensure the secrecy of all his meetings with Putin from even his own people.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Did you guys know the Capitol building...has walls?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Prince Philip's car crash

Anyone else get a British JRRose vibe from this guy?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

bandaid.friend posted:

Couple of days ago, sorry, but in the video the kids figure it out pretty quickly, without having seen it done, and with only a couple of hints. Anyone making calls on a rotary phone had probably seen someone else do it or had the manual
Absolutely. The joke, to me, is a kind of 'realizing how old you are' thing: "Oh poo poo I'm old enough that this thing I'm familiar with is bewildering to these young kids who have never even seen it before because it's incredibly outdated even though it was once commonplace." Like those videos of kids trying to figure out tape players and stuff.

I never even thought until just now that some people probably do take those videos as "Look how stupid kids these days are" but drat that's probably exactly what they do, isn't it?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pants Donkey posted:

Why is every news outlet doing a 180 on that early contender for Most Punchable Face 2019?

Did the right screech fake news and scare everyone into going “Actually, the Native is the one to blame.”
Because some of the reporting--or at least reporting on Twitter--was in fact wrong. The right is latching onto this to claim the whole thing is bullshit and these kids are blameless, and the media is going along with it because they are afraid of the right wing calling them biased, even though they will anyways and there has been much hand wringing since the election about how to correctly cover what is happening in the US today to tell people that everything coming from the right is an actual complete lie.

Of course, the thing they did that sickened me and probably most people personally, which was the ugly racist mocking of Native American culture, is something that actually did happen exactly like it appeared in that video when it first popped up.

I'm also guessing that the fact that Native Americans are still probably the most marginalized group in the US is playing a part in this as well.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What, no stink lines? Psh!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pakled posted:

What's this supposed to mean? I know about the no-call in the NFC championship but what does that have to do with Democrats? The kneeling thing was a year ago. Is this just "A Thing Happened also, Dems bad" ?
I had the same thought, but I actually think the cartoonist intended to use the donkey just to illustrate his "Prear end" pun and not as a symbol of the Democratic party, which is kind of a dumb thing for a political cartoonist to do.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sandpuppy posted:

I wonder how much Payne lost on the Chiefs.
It's better than when all you needed was a field goal.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Well you gotta admire that they're still trying.

OK technically you don't gotta admire them. In fact you could look down on them. Actually that's what I meant to say.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Katt posted:

The Democrats would have caved eventually.
This is hypothetical, but I would say with how things were going Senate Republicans would have caved first.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

loquacius posted:

Does anybody actually read Tom Tomorrow's "self-insert penguin guy gives you the facts" strips, because I can't imagine why anyone would
I read it, and I like it. :colbert:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Names are meaningless except in these two instances that are important to human civilization where they are necessary."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Like, why wouldn't the donkey be mad that the elephant is saying a bald-faced lie about the donkey's beliefs?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pakled posted:

Northam did it in the 80's, at which point it was absolutely no longer something you could give someone the benefit of the doubt about.
Eh it was approaching completely unacceptable but hadn't quite gotten through to white people yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zMrjBLwn8

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Uh, the CIA was probably quite aware of the implications of invading Afghanistan. No one was going to listen to anyone saying "Hey, this is gonna be hard and expensive and maybe we should reconsider" in the immediate wake of 9/11.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Is he defending blackface?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Do you think he added "National" to that "Election Fraud" label because literally the only recent examples of election fraud came from Republicans in 2018 in state/district races?

Because I think that's why he did that.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Trapezium Dave posted:

I'm sure that was what is intended but given the man himself is labelled 2020 Democratic Race I like the interpretation that the contest is all about creating endless lines in the sand.

First Dog on the Moon's List of Nice Things:

Peas are not fruit, but I can confirm that snoring dogs are great.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nenonen posted:

I will be disappointed if tomorrow's Brexit cartoons don't depict chimpanzees one way or another. Admittedly, it will be hard to tell the difference from the usual caricatures...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/10/chimps-use-branch-as-ladder-to-escape-belfast-zoo-enclosure
Bad weekend for UK zoos.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I enjoy McCoy's childlike belief that the Constitution somehow counters everything he disagrees with although he clearly has no idea how.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

AngrySpork posted:

I looked at the comic, but I can't find it :shrug:
They edited it from the GoComics version.

Edit: Lower right.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Katt posted:

Arguing infanticide while the other side argues abortion is probably going to backfire on the GOP in the long run as people remain staunchly opposed to infanticide but grow lukewarm on abortion.
It's because of the recent late-term abortion laws, which Republicans have successfully turned into "Mothers suddenly decide to kill their babies at 8 months and 30 days just because they decided one day 'nah, I don't want it after all'." This has obviously gained traction with the anti-abortion Evangelical crowd, but also with those who just haven't looked into it or thought about it much, which is a lot of people. I do not think it will backfire on them, because these are the people they are targeting with it, and it could very well be what saves them in 2020.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Wow that was some old school Charles Foster Kane-type stuff. That poor girl.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

New Kelly, and it's a good one!

"Heroine" :lol:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jurgan posted:

Also, he's in a show called Empire, and Darth Vader was part of the Empire. There's layers, man.
And "Evil Empire" was a term used by Reagan to mean the Soviet Union (and also the name of a Rage Against the Machine album from the 90s, but that's not what he's referring to).

So we have a show called Empire with a gay actor that may have faked an attack on himself, Darth Vader who was a leader of the fictional Empire in Star Wars, and the Soviet Union. I am sure now you can see how all those things connect up to make an extremely coherent metaphor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Raised By Birds posted:

To be honest I'm blanking on who Griffin is referring to here
Probably Kathy Griffin, beloved and adored by liberals everywhere.