Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What bothers me is that public works has a house and apparently a well paying job. Why would you steal $80 from goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In my most recent gig I recieved 100+ emails a day, easy. I took a 4 day vacation once and came back to 755 emails.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What bothers me is that public works has a house and apparently a well paying job. Why would you steal $80 from goons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwnanPuuCwk

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Intruder posted:

Supposedly public works project was in charge of the money for a goon fantasy football league and just kept it

Looks like his personality was the real public works project

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Man I just love to fire people. Especially around the holidays.

I had to let go of 5 different people in the week before Christmas. That was...fun.

I'd feel worse, but gently caress man, just do your goddamn job and stop loving up on purpose or out of spite. And also, you know, show up to loving work.

Also had an employee ghost us, after I had to go to bat to get him hired because he was a good worker and seemed like a good fit. Three weeks later he just...stops showing up, and despite continuously posting on FB wouldn't even respond on there to the people he hung out with. He was an eagles fan, of course.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mel Mudkiper posted:

god dammit who is this so I can update my files

Was it very stable genius? Who was clearly a rename of someone else...

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Work update: I'm at a small office but literally everyone else left early today lmao

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Today's incredible ratio of the day:

https://twitter.com/LizMair/status/...ingawful.com%2F

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

seiferguy posted:

Yes. I was originally HatfulOfHollow but I started posting in TFF around the time I changed my name to very stable genius.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

:yotj: update: A manager from a company I applied to in late August sent me an email this morning to schedule a phone interview, assuming I am still interested in the position. The place I work now is a sinking ship, and I've been getting increasingly depressed working here the last few months.

Starting out with that email was a huge boost to the new year. They're a big company, so presumably there was a freeze or hold through the end of 2018, because he sent it first thing this morning.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

seiferguy posted:

Yes on very stable genius (was quoted in the old chat thread under the old name) and no idea if that's an old rename

edit: beaten by the very stable hatfulofMegadoodoo

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Barudak posted:

In my most recent gig I recieved 100+ emails a day, easy. I took a 4 day vacation once and came back to 755 emails.

*select all, mark as read*

*reclines back*

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

iwentdoodie posted:

I had to let go of 5 different people in the week before Christmas. That was...fun.

I'd feel worse, but gently caress man, just do your goddamn job and stop loving up on purpose or out of spite. And also, you know, show up to loving work.

Also had an employee ghost us, after I had to go to bat to get him hired because he was a good worker and seemed like a good fit. Three weeks later he just...stops showing up, and despite continuously posting on FB wouldn't even respond on there to the people he hung out with. He was an eagles fan, of course.

Ugh yea. We fired two people over xmas because one of them bought tickets to a remote island and after leaving told us he wanted to work remote. Well, its hard to find android devs in the area so we did under the assumption he'd come back by end of year. He did! Only to immediately buy one way tickets to Vietnam along with another dev under the same idea of working remote and expecting everything to be ok. Neither of them did much work so nothing of value was lost, and they are in the EU so firing them didn't real disrupt anything.

e: I should clarify that the guy did in fact not do any work while claiming he would work remote. So this was about the worst way you could angle "work anywhere"

Master Stur fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 2, 2019

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

trade wars have consequences

https://twitter.com/selina_y_wang/status/1080579466873602048?s=21
https://twitter.com/selina_y_wang/status/1080580336248008705?s=21

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Good, gently caress Apple.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

A new thread for a new year with a new OP. I propose that RG3 be allowed to post in here mainly so that he stops PMing me asking to be unbanned from the Discord. Thanks in advance Athanatos go colts.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

All he has to do is post the burrito.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

iwentdoodie posted:

I had to fire somebody a week before Xmas 10/10 would do again :suicide:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

BlindSite posted:

Good, gently caress Apple.
                       /

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Is Fallout 76 any good? I got it free with my new Xbone and was wondering if I should pawn it off or play it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I know this is really over analyzing a simple bit o’ racism, but there actually is an appreciable population of Asian folks in Mexico; my wife’s paternal great-grandfather was born in Chiapas to an African guy and a Chinese woman, the former being brought over to Mexico from Africa by way of the Pacific as a laborer (either a slave or an indentured servant, depending on how generous you want to be), and meeting the latter en route. If nothing else it makes for some super interesting cuisine!

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
If you played FO4 and really loved the base building then maybe its good. Otherwise its a bland empty world w/ no npcs, lovely pvp, "always online" and every bethesda bug youve ever known since skyrim, but no mods to fix them and amplified by being an mmo-lite.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

wandler20 posted:

Is Fallout 76 any good? I got it free with my new Xbone and was wondering if I should pawn it off or play it.

its bad op

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Master Stur posted:

If you played FO4 and really loved the base building then maybe its good. Otherwise its a bland empty world w/ no npcs, lovely pvp, "always online" and every bethesda bug youve ever known since skyrim, but no mods to fix them and amplified by being an mmo-lite.

I've never played a Fallout game.

Sounds like I'll try to ebay it or something.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

wandler20 posted:

I've never played a Fallout game.

Sounds like I'll try to ebay it or something.

Uh yeah if youve never played an FO game theres no chance in hell you'll like this because drinking the bethesda-FO koolaid is about all there is to it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

BrownThunder posted:

A new thread for a new year with a new OP. I propose that RG3 be allowed to post in here mainly so that he stops PMing me asking to be unbanned from the Discord. Thanks in advance Athanatos go colts.

Agreed

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
POST THE BURRITO RG3 I KNOW YOU CAN SEE THIS

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Master Stur posted:

I've also heard it's pay to win with loot boxes, no idea myself though

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Intruder posted:

I've also heard it's pay to win with loot boxes, no idea myself though

AFIAK the loot boxes are just extremely overpriced cosmetics but maybe Im just thinking of the regular cash shop. I hopped off the trainwreck after the $200 nylon bag and $100 plastic lovely rum bottle

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/badt_BOI_/status/1080159842168438785

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why do British people say “ma’am” like “mum”. It’s loving weird and awkward because they’re all calling each other mom.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why do British people say “ma’am” like “mum”. It’s loving weird and awkward because they’re all calling each other mom.

To provide motherfuckers cover

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Watching Western Japan Bowl between not-clemson and not-the kansas city royals made love to a mattess company and I think Im watching Japanese Russell Wilson bullshit right now

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Have any of you watched "Patriot" on Amazon? This show is amazing

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lets just convert 3 straight 3rd and 10s on compleyely broken plays, yeah.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kansas City knockoffs just got their QB blown up in the open field, put him in on next play, he clearly isnt ready yet, and gets laid out again.

Some things are universal I see.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Barudak posted:

Kansas City knockoffs just got their QB blown up in the open field, put him in on next play, he clearly isnt ready yet, and gets laid out again.

Some things are universal I see.

Classic fencing kendo response.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Classic fencing kendo response.

Wasnt a headshot; he got speared in the gut so hard he fumbled (to the sideline) and clearly one hundred and 10% got the wind knocked out of him and the did a hurry up into the next play where he got sacked into the earths core

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
gdamn going from week 16/17 nfl playoff implications and bowl season to just nothing right after new years blows. at least theres hockey