Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Happy New Year, Imps. What are your resolutions for gaming in the coming year? For 2018, mine was to stop buying new games until my backlog got under control. Did pretty good for a few months but caved eventually and gave up entirely—the same resolution for books ended about the same. This year I’m going for an easier one: more JRPGs. I’ve got a bunch already in the backlog, and will save DQXI until the end as the crown jewel to reward myself with once the others are cleared. How about y’all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm going to buy an 800 dollar racecar chair, a 900 dollar shure mic, a massive 100 dollar mic baffle, a large piece of green cloth to hang on my wall, a bunch of egg cartons to hang on my wall, hyperx tm brand headset Be The AlphaTM HyperX, and move back in to the rents house so i can quit my job and become a fulltime fortnite streamer and dab on the haters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to play DMC3/4/5 this year for now. Early and obtainable goal I think.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
1080p :D

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm going to buy an 800 dollar racecar chair, a 900 dollar shure mic, a massive 100 dollar mic baffle, a large piece of green cloth to hang on my wall, a bunch of egg cartons to hang on my wall, hyperx tm brand headset Be The AlphaTM HyperX, and move back in to the rents house so i can quit my job and become a fulltime fortnite streamer and dab on the haters.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I want to play DMC3/4/5 this year for now. Early and obtainable goal I think.

I was just thinking that I want to play the good DMC games this year since I've only played a little bit of 1 and 4. Besides that I want to play more JRPGs and just work on my massive backlog in general.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Buttery Smooth 1080p.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I’m not going to spend any money on video games this year, whether new, or old, or on sale, or Humble Bundle, w/e. I’m going to focus on the games I already have (except Metro Exodus, which I can’t refund, and Doom Eternal and Call of Duty which I’ll just ask for my birthday/Christmas)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna buy 10x as money games and not play any of them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'd like to play through as much of the Dragon Quest series as I can.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Just remembered one that I set last year and then completely forgot about: actually going through all the Total War campaigns at least since Shogun 2. I keep buying them all and all the campaign expansions and then just dabbling around for a few turns in each one, restarting as a new faction a couple times for another few turns, then on to the next. Maybe that’ll be next after clearing the JRPGs I’ve got.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

just continuing my JRPG deep dive from last year, this time with the overwhelming 3DS back catalog added into the mix

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I gotta play that Strange Journey REmake

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the year of classic gaming continues for me. thinking of getting really into the psx for 2019 so I've ordered 3 memory cards and a second gcon

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I’d like to get all the moons in mario odyssey this year. Playing Demons Souls and MGS4 before my roomie moves out or sells his ps3 would be cool as well

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
going to 1CC Truxton II. otherwise business as usual

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I’m not going to spend any money on video games this year, whether new, or old, or on sale, or Humble Bundle, w/e. I’m going to focus on the games I already have (except Metro Exodus, which I can’t refund, and Doom Eternal and Call of Duty which I’ll just ask for my birthday/Christmas)

I forgot Death Stranding is coming out this year fffffuuuuuuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

normal reedus carries boxes for 10 hours no gameplay. this is aewesome

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

kojima saw the witcher geraldo and did the vince mcmahon rub hands and then he saw the red dead redemption 2 guy and did the vince mcmahoon panting face but he knew he'd need to make the most cumbersome movement ever to fall out of that chair. and by god he's going to do it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

kojima saw the witcher geraldo and did the vince mcmahon rub hands and then he saw the red dead redemption 2 guy and did the vince mcmahoon panting face but he knew he'd need to make the most cumbersome movement ever to fall out of that chair. and by god he's going to do it.

its going to come with a lawnchair you strap to your back while you play, and 1 lucky gamer per day will be visited by kojima and he will sit in your chair

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

its going to come with a lawnchair you strap to your back while you play, and 1 lucky gamer per day will be visited by kojima and he will sit in your chair

:bow:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Continuing to clear my 3DS backlog. I've beaten 3 of like 15 already

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

Lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd like to play through as much of the Dragon Quest series as I can.

Same here. I’m also gonna finally get around to playing SMT Nocturne. This is gonna be my big RPG year

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

1080p. Buttery smooth. Overclocked 7660K and a GeForce 300MTX. Don't @ me. Unless you want to get some buttery smooth 1080p screenshots in your DM's.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sorry I keep making this 1080p joke guys but the other day when I was looking up why Madden 19 is so buggy, there was a forum for sports gamers and the thread about PC settings almost every single post said some form of Buttery Smooth 1080p and it hosed my brain up. I'll get it out of my system soon.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Sorry I keep making this 1080p joke guys but the other day when I was looking up why Madden 19 is so buggy, there was a forum for sports gamers and the thread about PC settings almost every single post said some form of Buttery Smooth 1080p and it hosed my brain up. I'll get it out of my system soon.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Even the same guy who had said that already would respond to a post about someone else's problems and he'd say, "Hm, well I use this settings, and I get a buttery smooth 1080p. Don't know what your doing wrong." multiple times lmfao.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Even the same guy who had said that already would respond to a post about someone else's problems and he'd say, "Hm, well I use this settings, and I get a buttery smooth 1080p. Don't know what your doing wrong." multiple times lmfao.

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Crispy, flaky , buttery smooth 1080p and 60fps only at Burger King

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I have to beat five games I already own before I can buy any new ones. That's the rule

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

Lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'm going to beat Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, and Bloodbourne

And I'm going to unlock every suit in Hitman 2 then never wear them

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I somehow feel that online gaming is a big commitment. I think it has to do with being on mic for such a long time, it doesn't really feel relaxing to me even though I think it's a lot of fun. I want to play more Monster Hunter World and Bloodborne with my friends, so that will be my gaming resolution: to do more online gaming with friends.

My second resolution will be to clear the Dragon Quest, Shin Megami Tensei, Final Fantasy and Persona games I already have. I really like them all, but I keep switching to new games and don't follow through, which is a shame.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

1080p here :D

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my Gaming Resolution is 1080p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

lmao. had a similar thing where i saw like way too many internet strangers say some variation of “comfy couch pc gaming ftw” and couldnt stop thinking about it