Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Each Paragon is flung metaphysically through the aether as the Twin Towers of the North are Sundered. Each of you regain consciousness in your cracked-open tube laying in a cloud of dust in the deserts of the world. Your magic item glows beside you with knowledge of its use imparted in your mind. There is nothing on the horizon as far as you can see through the dust in any direction. You feel exposed and alone; unsure of what might be attracted by your sudden entrance to the world.

Feel free to flex or emote or ruminate or whatever roleplay while you wander off or lay in wait or whatever it is you crazy mooks decide to do. Note that you require almost no food or water to survive and a minimal amount of rest.

Directions: Despite the Ley Lines having been erratic for more generations than any but the magically immortal and the most ancient of dragons may know the directions of the old world are still followed. There are 12 directions corresponding the the points on a clock face. North would be in the 12 position, East in the 3 position, South in the 6 position, and West in the 9 position. NPCs may care and I just want to clarify this at game start.

Mana: You start with 12 Mana generously gifted by The Wizard of the Twin Towers. You will use mana to fuel magic effects, the stronger abilities of your magical items, and can use them to power up your actions for additional effects/chances of success.

Divinity: You start with 0 Divinity. That it is a stat separates you from the pretenders and powers of this world. Divinity can be gained through followers, fame, a multitude of other ways.

Followers: You start with 0 followers. They do stuff, add narrative things, can give you divinity in sufficient numbers.

Thralls: Mortals you have somehow coerced into working for you. They don't give you any divinity.

Resources: These are things for barter, trade, and crafting. Food and Water are always in demand, and many other things out there may hold value and utility.

Caranos - ???
Mana: 12 Divinity: 0

quote:

Item: Force Shield

Normal Effect: Blocks physical and magical attacks
Mana Effect: Creates a defensive force field of scaling size and duration.

Junpei - ???

quote:

Item: Fast Boots

Normal Effect: Can run at a steady pace indefinitely
Magical Effect: Can run at unnatural speed.

Overseer/Starborn - ???

quote:

Item: Ex Machina

Normal Ability: Scry through the gem components(2), return gem component to device.
Magical Effect: Teleport Gem to a specific location or things viewed by gem(at any previous time) to a location.

Voices in Stone - ???

quote:

Item: Manyfold Shield and Spear Gem

Normal Ability: Summon one tower shield and spear pair
Magical ability: Summon additional tower shield and spear pairs(autonomous for extra magica)
Alder Wrinright - ???

quote:

Item: Scepter of Rule
Note: Item is incapable of doing damage to anything.

Normal Ability: Hold aloft to force a single mortal to swear fealty to you.(Note these mortals do not count toward willing followers and will have a different category, Thralls.)
Magical Ability: Ensnare more than one mortal or issue commands remotely to existing Thralls.

Tvar - ???

quote:

Item: Goggles of Sight

Normal ability: Immune to blinding, greater-than-perfect vision in all conditions including darkvision.

Magical Ability: See as far as direct line of sight will allow, microscopic vision, truesight, multispectrum vision.

Zhin - ???

quote:

Item: Seed Box

Normal Ability: Dispenses a seed of a known type.
Magical Ability: Creates a new type of seed according to specifications and magical input. Cause dispensed seeds to grow quickly.
Mikhail Tivkinson - ???

quote:

Item: Forging Hammer

Normal Ability: A hammer that heats metal it strikes
Magical Ability: Melts things it strikes, repairs things it strikes, destroys things it strikes, creates items more complicated that it has any right to.

Korrin Smith - ???

quote:

Item: Ring of Spirits

Normal Ability: Ask three questions of a corpse
Magical Ability: Raise undead, bind or banish spirits.

Wren - ???

quote:

Item: Reliable Blade

Normal: Does all the things a blade does.
Magical: Reliable effects limited to Wren’s ingenuity and mana usage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Alder Wrinright - ???

Alder groggily came to after being thrown gods know how many miles through the air. He had been certain he was going to die, and had blacked out upon landing, but now looking himself over by some miracle he was alive even if he was still sore. He supposed the wizard hadn't been lying. Grabbing tightly to the Scepter of Rule that was now his most treasured possession, Alder begins to look around and try and figure out where he is.

He had spent hundreds if not thousands of hours as a clerk learning every map there was to learn inside and out, devising routing plans and marching orders for troops across dozens of theaters of operations. He had no idea how relevant the old knowledge still be after whatever apocalypse had befell the world, but maybe he could find a landmark or something he could use to orient himself, and then maybe he could find someone to test out his new power on. The idea sent a shiver of excitement through him. He knew intellectually how the Scepter of Rule worked, but a part of him still didn't believe it. He had been ignored and passed over for so long, the idea that he could exert such a power over another was still little more than a fantasy. It would not truly be real until he had seen and experienced just what it could do first hand.

So it was that the former army clerk set out looking for any signs of where he was, and who or what might inhabit this strange new world.

Alder is trying to see if he can figure out where he is, or at least where here was before the apocalypse. Logistics[+6] for his encyclopedic knowledge of maps and atlases from his work as an army clerk in hopes that he can use that knowledge to piece together an inkling of where he might be.

Valhawk posted:

Name: Alder Wrinright

Picture:

Backstory: “Three divisions are being deployed to the Roaj Valley, I need routes, schedules, and requisitions completed by morning.” The general dropped the order on Alder’s desk, and before the man could even respond he was gone. Alder looked down and sighed, he would be up all night working on this. It had always been this way. Beneath the notice of his betters, the great and mighty. He was the one that kept their armies moving and fed, but the nobles and their officers barely even acknowledged his existence. Alder sighed, he knew he wouldn’t do a drat thing about it, and he bet they knew it to. He supposed he better get started. He got up to go procure the maps and reports he would need, and in an instant he was elsewhere.

Those were the last moments prior to the Fall for Alder Wrinright, Clerk 1st Class in the Burtinian Army. He had lived a life drawing without much notice or acclaim. His skill in his work was unparalleled, but it was quiet, unflashy work, not the sort that won honors or medals. It wasn’t helped by the fact that Alder had basically given up on standing out or really having dreams of his own. Once he had wanted to be like the conquering kings in the histories he’d read, to be wealthy, live in a palace attended to by servants, have his name revered and feared. However, that he was a nobody of no real importance had been beaten into him so hard by his life that he’d come to accept it.

The Fall and the wizard thus came as something of a revelation to him. First there was the shock of the news that the world before had fallen, topped off with this powerful figure not only telling him he was special and important, but that he could become a god. All those old half-forgotten dreams and ambitions flared back to life. In that tube he realized just how pathetic he had been, how much he’d quietly accepted, how he had defeated himself before the world came in and finished the job. It was searing, painful, but it was also a rebirth. He had been given a second chance at life, one he swore would be different. He wouldn’t let anything hold him back from seizing everything he had ever wanted, not the world and certainly not himself.

Paragon ability/skill(+6 Quality): Logistics - Alder was for many years a clerk to the provincial army. He was in charge of making sure the various troops had the proper supplies and equipment, an underappreciated task at which he proved a maestro. He can keep and army fed and clothed for a fraction of the supplies it might normally take through efficient allocation and streamlined supply-lines.

Secondary ability/skill(+4 Quality): Book-smart - Alder is rather widely read. Mathematics, natural philosophy, history, agriculture, architecture he’s got a firm theoretical understanding of it all. When he’s not buried in paper in his job, he’s buried in paper at home. He had quite a collection of obscure monographs and treatises before the fall, those are all gone now, but most of it still lives on inside his head. Of course, he is a bit light on practical experience in all those fields, but surely there can’t be that much difference between having a firm theoretical understanding of something like an irrigation and the experience of having built one, can there?

Tertiary ability/skill(+2 Quality): Unassuming - Alder isn’t much to look at. Scrawny and beaten down, people ignoring him until they need something from him is the story of his life. It also means he’s easy to underestimate, as hardly anyone would take him seriously as a threat or an opponent or really anything.

What did you tell the Wizard when asked about making a magical item: When he awoke again to the Wizard’s questions, he blurted out his true desire, not letting shame or embarrassment keep him quiet. “I want something, anything, that’ll make powerful warriors bow and scrape and beg to serve under my banner, that’ll make kings and influential men tremble at the thought of earning my ire. Please, I don’t care how you do it, I may have knowledge, but what I want, what I need is power! The power to make me a king, an emperor, a god! Power that will let me grab the life I’ve always dreamed of and desired!”

What do you want/expect out of this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SBw6nVvJSo

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Wren - ???

Mana: 12, Divinity: 0

Wren takes a gulping breath as he suddenly comes to, lying in the ruined remains of the strange tube-like device he had been a captive in. Not the worst prison he'd ever seen the inside of, but a cell was a cell. He lay there for several minutes, blinking dust and water from his eyes before finally sitting up, scooping up his knife and tucking it into his belt before standing and stretching, joints popping.

Well. Things sure seem to have gone to poo poo. Not a promising start. Better take a look around for anything that might be useful.

Searching whatever wreckage is immediately available for anything valuable. Priorities!

Rhjamiz posted:

Wren

Sneak-Thief [+6]
Knifework [+4]
Charmer [+2]

Item: Reliable Blade
Normal Ability: As any knife.
Mana Ability: Reliable.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 2, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Aeson Graham - ???

Aeson got up and put on his new boots, looking around at the dusty wasteland.

"Well, ain't that a sight."

Aeson begins to walk a bit, stretching a little as he looks around for any sort of landmark or town or anything. Any direction will work, given he knows nothing about how the world has been shaken up, so... the first direction, North.

Aeson heads North to look for civilization. He's using his Fast Boots, but he's putting no Mana into them for the extra effect, just for the steady pace effect.

Junpei posted:

Name: Aeson

Picture:

Backstory: The eldest son of a large but poor family, Aeson scrounged up enough money from doing odd jobs and favors to attend a school that taught medicine and anatomy. Aeson took to it like a fish to water, and found himself managing to help his family with his job as an apothecary, healing the sick and helping the hurt. When the world broke, Aeson decided that instead of waiting for people to come to him, he'd go to people.

Paragon ability/skill(+6 Quality): Healer
Aeson has great knowledge of disease and injury, and often has a good cure for them right up his sleeve-or at the very least, he knows how to make it. He's also good with bedside manner and first aid.

Secondary ability/skill(+4 Quality): Alchemist
Even the most potent of ordinary medicines can sometimes not be enough, and so, Aeson dabbled in the smallest bit of magic that a non-magically skilled person could do-alchemy. He's not the greatest at it, but he can tap into a little of it to make some really strong stuff-mostly potions that can restore some more mystical stuff, like stamina or mana, or fix mental problems, but more than once he's made a blazing draft to fight off some animals while picking up a rare ingredient in an inhabited cave.

Tertiary ability/skill(+2 Quality): Friend
Aeson believes that an apothecary should not only care for a person's body, but also their mind and soul. Aeson is kind, patient, and sweet to people he's treating, needs a favor from, and cares about how they're doing, even when they're cured.

What did you tell the Wizard when asked about making a magical item: "Mr. Wizard, sir, I don't need much. My satchel got good notes on how to treat disease, and how to identify stuff, and everything I'd need to help people I can scrounge up or already have. So... something to give me speed, to help those in need when they need it, would be just fine with me."

What do you want/expect out of this game: Helping people in need!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Caranos - ???

A flash of light and all is dust.

Well strictly speaking that wasn’t true, Caranos thought to himself as he emerged into the desert, coughing as he steadied himself on his arms, pushing himself up off the ground. As the scholar slowly and shakily tested his legs to make sure they still worked, raising one up from a prone position after another, he contemplated that there was also a lot of sand and pretty much every other small particulate matter that could ruin a human being’s lungs.

Caranos picked up the shield that scattered into the desert with him, intending to use it to block the dust from entering into his mouth and found himself flooded with full knowledge of its capabilities. A handy little trinket. The former.student would have loved a bit more time to tease forth the exact process by which the Wizard had managed to accomplish such a feat, but first and foremost came the retrieval and protection of the most perishable parts of the tube before the dust came and corroded them all. Already the shield was proving handy as Caranos instead set it down over the wreckage to prevent any more dust from getting in, while he covered his face with his sleeves and set to work.

Same as Wren, but with a bit more of a focus on uniqueness/higher quality over quantity. With an Eye for Value [+2] and the shield to protect the tube (and what’s retrieved) from the environment this should hopefully keep as well as anything can be kept in a blasted hellscape.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Voices in Stone - ???

Voices in Stone awakes. Beyond the shattered tube, a dusty wasteland stretches in all directions. Voices nods once, as if confirming something to himself, and stands. The wizard's plans had come to this, despite all his apparent power. The world had come to this despite those efforts. Dire times indeed. He picks up the magical gemstone nearby and is comforted by the knowledge of the defenses within. Moving to a relatively clear patch of grit, Voices in Stone extends one foot, toes pointed, and turns in a slow circle on the other foot. The precarious movement is clearly practiced and results in a neat circle furrowed in the sand. Voices moves to sit cross legged at the circle's edge and places both hands palms down into the sand. His eyes close and for a long moment all is still.

The earth still sings. That much remains the same, to Voice's relief. He can feel the Ley Lines. They're oddly... jittery but pulse with familiar power. The nearest stretches back towards whatever is left of the wizard's tower. It jangles and hums with aftershocks of the destruction. A most thorough blast. The flow of mana in that area would likely be strange and inconstant. Voices in Stone hums softly and turns his focus to his surroundings. One hand scoops up a handful of sand from outside the furrow and raises to eye level above the circle. Voices lets the grains trickle from his grasp and spill into the circle. Exacting observation their fall and the distribution within the circle lets him know the rough direction and strength of nearby mana flows. Voices in Stone nods to himself again and stands up. He brushes himself off and sets out in the direction of the nearest concentration of mana. There will be something there, be it a town, a nest of beasts, or a den of spirits.

Voices is using Geomancy [+6] to map mana in the area and heading in the direction of the most notable concentration nearby if successful.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
The Overseer - ??

As the the tube was catapulted through the aether, the Overseer smirked. How many times had he and his kind done similar things against the wills of the races they came into contact with. For less noble goals at that. The disorientation wasn't as great for his race had traveled the void and amongst the stars. Long lived as they were, they required little for sustenance but now he found that his time as the wizard's pet or lab rat had reduced the requirements even for rest to almost nothing. What had the wizard done to all of them? The thought was short-lived as the tube he had spent countless hours and days in landed with a bone jarring force.

Groaning he exited the craft(?) and looked about. Desolation like the sandy planets of his exploratory youth stretched out in an almost comically long direction. The Ex Machina that had been returned to him pulsed and the Overseer placed the ring around his own neck, locking it into its rightful place once more. The gemstones glowed faintly, grav-locked into their places. Many were missing and only two remained. Frowning, the Overseer delved into the memory banks of the crystals. Did they see anything as they fell? Did they have the origination point of the wizard's tower in them? Going back there would likely only result in incarceration, but perhaps one day the Overseer might place a kernel of a black hole singularity there. To return the favor to the wizard's memory for his incarceration.

While the Overseer pulled what little information may be gleaned from the Ex Machina he began to break down the tube into its components. He would attempt to fashion a conveyance to help him travel this land, as walking while an effortless task would take quite a bit of time to locate anything worthwhile.

Doing:
  • Interrogating the memory banks of the Ex Machina for anything they saw on the way down, town/cannibal camp locations or landmarks, & if they hold the previous [past] extra-dimensional location of the Wizard's tower(for much, much later use/revenge).
  • While grabbing the limited info (not infodump) that from the item:
    The Overseer is going to breakdown the tube with Universal Lore-master [+4] to get useable components and craft himself a desert land-speeder or if it fits better, apoc-dune buggy with Magitech [+6].
The steps for the transport building action are separate and only the abilities that apply have been used.
I figure grabbing the info from the Item is like a conversation, as its not really using it for an action but getting info out of it (if any).

• Power (personal)
      • Divinity: 0
      • Followers: 0
      • Mana: 12
      • Thralls: 0
    • Resources
      • Air: ~Infinite~
      • Bone/teeth: null
      • Currency: null
      • Food: null
      • Gems: null
      • Hide: null
      • Metal: null
      • Oil: null
      • Precious Metal: null
      • Sand: ~Infinite~
      • Scrap: null
      • Stone: null
      • Water: null
      • Wood: null
  • Agreements or status

quote:

Character short sheet::
The Overseer - Last of the Starborn

• Abilities
      • Magitech [+6]
      • Universal Lore-master [+4]
      • Sole Survivor [+2]
      • Item: Ex Machina
        Normal Ability: Scry through the gem components(2), return gem component to device.
        Magical Effect: Teleport Gem to a specific location or things viewed by gem(at any previous time) to a location.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 2, 2019

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Mikhail - ???

As the tube hurled uncontrollably Mikhail tried his best to not throw up. Despite having not eaten for a long time, the urge was still there. He had never done well with vehicles and his one brief venture out to sea had ended in incredible trauma to the sailors upon which he had voided his stomach.

So it was a minor blessing when the tube struck the dusty earth, shattering and spreading itself over the landscape. Mikhail lay in rapidly diminishing cloud of dust and squinted at the strangely cloudless sky. The sun bathed him in oppressive heat. "Well," he said out loud, "at least I'm outside."

The hammer, the magical gift from the wizard, lay in the dirt not far from the crash. Mikhail bent over and easily picked up the massive tool. The haft was cool steel and worked over with familiar runes. It could have been a part of the giant from birth, it felt so familiar to him. The head was of course that of a heavy smith's hammer, tempered iron also covered in runes. If not for the fact that he was certain his original hammer had been destroyed in the apocalypse that ravaged the world, Mikhail could almost believe that this was the same hammer that had been his Masterwork, that which had granted him the title of Forgemaster.

"The Wizard does good work. I shall name you Feaurskallag, flame servant." Feaurskallag did not respond. Hammers rarely do. "I suppose we should begin by finding someone else. I don't recognize this desert, so someone with local knowledge would help."

Orienting himself to where he thought north might be, Mikhail began to walk.

Giving my hammer a name, then walking north looking for... well anything. [+2] Giant because Im tall and take big steps.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Korrin Smith - ???

Sand...a desert, he thought to himself as the heat and sand greeted his return to consciousness. Korrin had read about such things but the truth of it was unpleasant. "Welcome to your new world." A familiar and somewhat smug voice spoke in his mind as Korrin spat out sand and got up, dusting himself off. The ring from the wizard glinted in the sun as he looked at it, then placed it on his hand under his glove. "Do you think he's dead? There were a looot of monsters. More than we could have handled." The Beast asked him as Korrin placed his hood over his head. "Probably." He replied. "Maybe I can try this out on its creator." He chuckled to himself. The hunter's voice was normally gravelly but the dry heat of the wastes tried to suck away any moisture from his mouth.

There was nothing here except for the ruins of this tube and the metal prison had not endeared itself to Korrin. It was time to leave and seek out life, whether it was hostile, cautious or friendly. It was time for him to learn how to hunt in the sands.

Action:
Locate living creatures and identify whether they are hostile or not. Hunter [+6], Monster [+4] and Survivor [+2]

pre:
Korrin Smith

Mana: 12
Divinity: 0
Followers: 0
Thralls: 0

Resources:
  • Sunlight - Overabundant
  • Sand - Plentiful
  • Patience - Moderate
Objectives: Short-term
  • Find local inhabitants
  • Evaluate threat of monsters and prevalence of 'hordes'
  • Test magic item
Long-term
  • Find Wizard and interrogate about situation

HiKaizer posted:

Korrin Smith
Race: Human (possessed)

Backstory:
Korrin had a very troubled youth due to nightmares of a twin headed beast that would speak to him. It was neither polite nor pleasant and it gave the young boy a rather grim and determined outlook on life. When it came to taking on an apprenticeship he eschewed the family trade of smithing and took to hunting. He became skilled at the arts of tracking and catching mundane beasts, but as he grew to adulthood he began looking for a guide in the warriors arts. On his 16th birthday when he was officially an adult he wandered out and did not return for many days. Finally when he did he carried the bones and the hide of a terrible monster, which he used to fashion a set of dark armour and weapons. Yet the voice of the beast did not die with its body, it kept speaking to Korrin. Some years later when he was whisked away by the Wizard it became extremely excited by the horde and the wastes outside.

Hunter [+6]: When it comes to both the mundane and the monstrous there are few the match or exceed Korrin's skill. Honed by an unhealthy obsession and a drive not only of his own he can both track and hunt his prey, and should it be dangerous he is skilled with sword, scythe and bow to slay it.

Monster Possession [+4]: The truth is that Korrin could not truly slay the beast that haunts him. Had he been older and wiser he might have found a way, but the impetuousness of youth caused him to charge ahead. While he slew its body, the beast's spirit wormed its way into his. Now he can call upon it to empower himself to make him stronger, faster and more resilient. Does it have a cost? Probably, but Korrin has not discovered it or considered it yet.

Self Sufficient [+2]: While Korrin can provide meat and hide by hunting, his training also included things such as finding and building shelter, knowing how to identify which plants were good to eat and would help with medicine. He can also perform basic repairs on his armour, keep his weapons sharp and make his own arrows although for all of these a professional would do a much better job.

What did you tell the Wizard when asked about making a magical item:
"A wizard huh..." Korrin mused and thought for a moment. "There will be a lot of dead out there. A lot of spirits who might have answers to my questions. I want a way to speak to them."

What do you want/expect out of this game: Go in to find out the secret of the wasteland and the mega horde, as well as the connection of the monster in me. Then get sidetracked by some barely related bullshit forever. Also to immediately hate Valhawk's character if we both get picked.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 2, 2019

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Alder Wrinright - A Riverbed, ??

An odd assortment of trash unearthed near his fallen tube gave Alder the impression he was at the shoreline of a dried out riverbed. A small coinpurse holding 15 copper coins, 5 silver, and one gold piece showed a mix of coinage from two rival city-states. This would put him in the Northwest if it was either city state but no other landmarks were visible. If any were there they were buried under the sand.

You find some coins hinting that the city states might have commingled before falling entirely. You also find some coins!

Wren - ??

The only thing of note in the area is a half-buried pile of bone. You recognize human skulls in the pile of varying size and most bones have been gnawed and cracked open. Something terrible happened here within the past generation.

You don’t have much ability to carry it but you find a pile of sun bleached bone.

Aeson Graham - Ruined Road

You find the barest hint of an ancient road after a few hours, a few bricks exposed here and there. The path seems to lead East/West. Do you continue North or do you follow the road in a direction?

Caranos - ??

After great effort it seems that nothing can be pried from the Tube without tools. Even then the enchantments that are likely upon it would make such a task all the more difficult. A look around the crash site implies that “value” is going to be an even more nebulous here than in the old world.

Voices in Stone - ??
You gain 1 mana from a very successful read of the mana of the area

The mana is wild and almost overwhelming. It exists even in this outwardly barren wasteland. Three sites are clearly apparent nearby.

The First feels...wrong. You have never felt anything quite like it and yet you feel drawn to it.

The Second seems to be moving, not towards you but will pass close by.

The Third seems widespread over an area nearby. It is neither hostile nor friendly, and its purpose is a mystery to you.

Pretty successful run. All the concentrations are about a day’s travel in their directions.

The Overseer - ??

<Through the gem you see the Wizard in the crashed remains of your ship. He looks worried as he searches around the command chair and finds the Ex Machina. “Going to need a power source…” he mutters before a few large greenish humanoids appear from the gap in the hull. They are engulfed in a block of ice as the Wizard teleports behind them. “I hope the alien appreciates this…” the Wizard mutters as he ducks back out into the Wastes.>

<The next moment shows the Wizard back in his workshop. All the tubes are visible, the occupants frozen. “Device operational, two crystals are intact and functional. Placing it on standby and with the Alien. The next moment shown by the Machina is you taking hold of it.>

Your advanced cybernetic components make short work of the tube. It would be a nearly impossible task without such a specialized knowledge and built-in toolset. You build as much as you can, but without raw materials or even the most rudimentary of parts you cannot finish the contraption, nor make it move without a power source.

It’s missing parts to make it go and power to run it.

Mikhail - Abandoned Settlement

You travel North for some time until you find some dilapidated buildings. They seem to be made of stone and mud and are mostly collapsed or filled with stand. There are no inhabitants as far as you can tell.

Korrin Smith - Rocky Patch of Desert

There aren’t many outward signs of life in the sand. It isn’t until you shade yourself behind a rock does it occur to you to turn it over. You net a snake and a handful of beetles. The Monster does the rest. You gain 5 food by drying the snake meat and beetles on the rock.

You could sun-dry a good amount more if you care to keep going.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Alder Wrinright - Riverbed, ???

Alder looked through the coinage. It was difficult to guess just how long it had lain there. The mix of symbols also raised questions, either the previous owner had traveled between the various city states or perhaps the lines between them had blurred over time. However, with the information he had now there was no way to tell. In the end, really what he need would be someone with more up-to-date knowledge. So, gathering up what he could he set out following the riverbed as best he could. Settlements tended to be located along rivers, and even if he couldn't find any active ones, then maybe there'd be ruins where he could gather some more information. If he was really lucky, he might even be run into a bandit or other ruffian he could test the Scepter on. He laughed aloud at the strangeness of that notion. To think he'd run into a circumstance where he'd actually want to be waylaid by a murderer and a thief. Truly this new life of his was going to full of surprises.

Alder's following the riverbed hoping to run into another settlement. He's specifically not taking any steps to hide, as he would actually welcome being confronted by a bandit or raider as a chance to test the Scepter.

pre:
Mana		12
Divinity	0
Followers	0
Thralls		0

Items:
1 Gold Coin, 5 Silver Coins, 15 Copper Coins

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Voices in Stone - ???
Mana: 13 Divinity: 0

Voices in Stone considers his options and decides to intercept the point in motion. Barring some highly dangerous magical beasts anything moving with that much of an aura should be sentient. Answers and possible allies are too tempting to pass up. Not to mention that the other points of interest are static. Catch the hare before harvesting the grain.

Move to intercept the moving mana concentration. Not particularly sneaky, but very alert.

pre:
Prophecies of Stone
The sapphire magister will never hear.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Zhin - ???

It took a long time for Zhin to wake up from his sleep protocols; in the meantime the automated processes in his form began to clear the land; automating scoops and life-giving waters poured from the many compartments along with nitrogen nourishments for the barren ground.

Using +6 Gargantuan and +4 Terraforming Robot to prepare the ground around him (as large as an area as realistically possible) for gardening, scooping and mixing the land and putting nutrients back into the ground.

Banana Man posted:

Zhin-299

As told from the collective databanks of the Terraformers, a story considered equal to religious script among them:

The beings that had made us sent us out into the deep night, and we drifted to find new worlds. Many of us settled, soon, only a group of us had managed to reach the farthest points known to our creators. The last few, and our guideship, were destroyed after passing through an anomaly to a separate universe; we were ambushed by unknown hostiles, and the last 3 of us had landed upon this world, under the shadow of the World Tower.

This new world was teeming with life, joyous in splendor, and we were without purpose. Soon, the Divine had blessed us with their presence, and bid us to wait. They revealed they had sent word to our creators, a spark across time, and placed within us. We shut off, and waited for our mission to begin.

Something went wrong, and when the wizard had awoken me, I could not sense the others. It was upon me alone to fulfill the objectives, to recreate Gaia in our creator's vision.

Gargantuan +6 - Zhin is massive, meant to move countryside and mountain, to dig rivers and mines as necessary to encourage the root of life to take.

Terraforming Robot +4 - More to the point, Zhin has many compartments and functions to fulfill his mission, between carrying the waters of life and various seeders, mosses, and other elements needed.

Energy Source +2 - Zhin's core is a self moderating nuclear reaction that when needed can fulfill power needs as a central base, or in moments of defense can act as a combat mitigating effect.

What did you tell the Wizard when asked about making a magical item: Zhin asked for the seed to the World Tree, a tree prophecized by the many writings of the creators within his shell; it was considered the ultimate goal for their terraforming efforts.

What do you want/expect out of this game: I want to be a robot gardener and to step on things trying to eat the tomatoes (unless eating the tomatoes fulfills the mission).

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Wren - ???

Wren huhs. Well, things seem to have gone to poo poo here in a serious way. He digs out a skull and a few choice bones from the pile, tucking them under his arm.

"Well, you poor bastard, looks like you're coming with me for now. Maybe you'll come in handy. Or leggy."

Wren will take some bones in decent condition (a skull and femur at the very least, plus whatever he can comfortably carry in one arm), and then travel East. Or as near to East as he can figure.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 2, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Aeson Graham - Ruined Road

Two roads diverged in... sand...

Really, it was essentially a coin flip minus the actual coin.

Aeson heads West.

quote:

Aeson Graham record:

Items:
Clothes on his back
Fast Boots

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

"Interesting. A settlement with no signs of life. How long have they been gone?" Mikhail bends down to peer inside the huts, but sees only sand. "A pity there is nothing left over that would allow me a glimpse of who they were or where I am."

Frustrated, the giant smashes in the roof of one of the huts. "How am I supposed to get answers if no one is around to give them to me! Fine! I shall have to do something about that!

Murmuring in the ancient language of the Giants, Mikhail slams his hands into the hard earth. The magical words flow from his mouth, a bright yellow stream of symbols, and sink into the dirt. They call upon any metals that may lay buried to burst from the ground and become exposed, that the Forgemaster might put them to use.

Using [+6] Forgemaster to try some magic metal calling! Give me raw ore to form into cool stuff, ground. Cough it up.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Caranos - ??

Well at the very least, Caranos had learned that the tube was stable enough that he likely didn’t have to worry about it falling apart. He made a mental note of its location relative to the desert, such as it was, for future reference. Then there was only the journey, a long journey ahead, but with no need for sustenance, little for rest, and a sturdy shield to protect him there was little to worry about.

I guess there’s nothing to be worked on here, then! Making a Fount of Knowledge [+6] roll to memorize the location for coming back to in the future, then heading Southwest, 7 o’clock on the directional scale.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 2, 2019

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
The Overseer - ??

'<Holy Gruckbalks!>' Thought the Overseer. Almost falling over in excitement. The sundering was just recently done and he had an opportunity here. News he needed certainly. He concentrated on what and where the item had been and around it. It was his ship and that part of the tower. He had to grasp for everything he could as he was stranded and already had spent effort in creating a conveyance. He knew not if he could get everything or most of these things whole but even so...Even if he would be pulling bits and pieces it would be resources he could use before they were plundered. Tools of the wizard and or his own. It hadn't been that long. And he was alone. Very alone, not just in the universal sense.

Doing:
  • Pulling as much of everything he can get using the Ex machina and 4 Mana(if its more let me know) to Magical Effect: Teleport things viewed by gem(at any previous time) to the Overseer's location.

• Power (personal)
      • Mana: 12 8
    • Resources
      • Metal: null
      • Wood: null
  • Agreements or status
  • Inventory
      • Unfinished travel conveyance: 1

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 2, 2019

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Tvar - ???

Tvar blinks. Four arms leverage his chitinous body out of the dust. His spotted wings ruffle. Dust devils dance in their wake. He stands tall. His feathery antennae twitch, reading the air currents. The Wizard-forged goggles lie among the shards of the tube. He picks them up. His compound eyes take in their many reflections. A segmented hand gently brushes off any remaining glass fragments. He places them on his head. Tvar blinks.

I CAN SEE SUDDENLY THERE IS VISTA THERE ARE GRAINS THERE IS SAND COLLECTIVE COLLECTING WITH PARTICLES PORTALS AND HORIZON AND HOME AND HEARTH AND SKY

The wind picks up. Tvar does not blink again, or shiver. He does not feel cold. The padding on the goggles is soft against his head. An upper hand rises and adjusts them slightly. Tvar feels optimistic.

WELLSPRING FLOWING BLUE BLACK GREEN RED BED UNDER UNDERNEATH LAND LEY SELF STRENGTH MAGIC MAYHEM AND POWER AND POINTS AND FLOW AND FIRE

Tvar taps into the strength the Wizard gave him. He can feel mana rumbling in his belly. He utilizes a dab to ignite a fire in the goggles. He can now see further than ever before. He enjoys the sensation.

Action:

Using 1 mana point to activate the goggles' supernatural effect (the ability to see as far as line of sight will allow), and scan the horizon for anything interesting.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Alder Wrinright - Stone Ruins, ?

The ravages of time make it difficult to follow the riverbed but after a time some stone buildings and what is clearly a ziggurat appear on the horizon. Initial exploration of the stone ruins implies they have been inhabited recently, or at least someone or something has been clearing sand out of certain buildings.

Voices in Stone - Intercepting Caravan, ?

They notice you early on, and send three members out to meet you before you reach them. Halflings in layers of cloth wrapped around themselves. The apparent face of their party throws back her hood and takes your greeting quizzically. “Well of course, it’s deaf! Are you mad, traveler?” His companions remain hooded and expressionless.

Zhin - Zhin’s Paradise - ??

It may well be a patch of wasteland in the arid middle of nowhere, but it soon becomes a well-turned Ph-balanced theoretically fertile patch of wasteland in the middle of nowhere.
You pile the stone you found during the plowing near your tube which now seems too small to have held you.

You gain 12 stone. Small Rocks, big rocks. They all have uses out here. Let’s say you do 3 acres.

Wren - West Dunes - ?

It is somewhat miserable to keep your footing in such thick sand but you muddle through for a time until you crest a dune to find four orcs in large white hooded cloaks tied in leather. They seem as surprised to see you as you are to see them. “A lone human? In the West Dunes?” One of them grunts. They place their hands on their weapons but do not draw them.

You found a party of Orcs. Or they found you. It is difficult to tell.

Aeson Graham - Ruined Road Westward

There are signs of walls every so often, and signs of a few intermittent campsites. Eventually you see before you in the distance a horse and cart. A group of figures seem to be in disagreement with the cart and are chasing it with weapons drawn.

Oh boy bandits? Highwaymen? Lawmen?

Mikhail - Abandoned Settlement - ?

You pull, using forces beyond your true understanding, five ingots worth of iron from the earth. Some are from buried tools, the rest small particles pulled together over the area.

Five Ingots Iron. Write that down.

Caranos - In the Shadow of a Tower - ?

As the sun sets on the horizon you see a tower in the distance. It is a distinct landmark and its design seems based on that of the Great Tower though it is as a sapling to grandfather oak.

Yeah you find a tower because you’re lucky and stuff.

The Overseer - ?

Twelve pieces of Starborn Alloys, Eight advanced components, twelve pieces of wood, and eight pieces of a strange magical alloy that seems to pull tiny amounts of mana from the aether. Strange symmetry but the Overseer knew a boon when he saw one. Six alloys to finish the Vehiculum, two advanced components and two magical alloys to power it in addition to your own generators.

You will have 6 Starborn Alloys, six advanced components, twelve pieces of wood, and six magical alloys after you finish the Vehiculum. You don’t need to roll to finish it. You need to be in it to drive it indefinitely, or could leave one of your Crystals in it and drive it remotely(will need time to recharge)

Tvar - ??

The wastes seem to stretch on forever. The depression cause by his landing limits Tvar’s vision somewhat but in one direction he can see a motley crew consisting of a goblin, a large greenish humanoid that is not an orc, and several ill-shaped humanoids shambling toward his position. It would take them some time to reach it, though. In the other direction there seems to be a settlement of some kind, with walls and what appear to be farmers tending to scrub crops.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Voices in Stone - ???
Mana: 13 Divinity: 0

"Mad? No. We have awoken from the sleep of ages. Unmoored from time we know little of this new world. And yet... unmoored from time, we know more than we should. Attend." With a handful of sand and pebbles Voices in Stone casts a fortune for these strange folk.

Using Prophecy [+2] to convince the halflings of my oracular prowess. Will spend one mana toward success.

pre:
Prophecies of Stone
The sapphire magister will never hear.
The conflict must occur near the well.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Alder Wrinright - Stone Ruins, ???

His hunch about following the riverbed had paid off. The river had dried even longer ago than he had initially believed making following it difficult, but it had been worth the effort. Not only was there structures, there was evidence to of possible recent habitation. There was no way to tell if anyone other than him was still here or would be back, but that didn't dampen his good spirits.

Until he could find anyone he would have to try and learn more on his own. So, he set to work studying the ruins. He had read extensively about the various styles of architecture and construction methods employed by the various cultures of the world, and he knew many of their symbols and artistic themes. Unless this belonged to a style created after the Fall he ought to be able to identify it.

As he conducted his study he took advantage of his naturally unthreatening appearance and demeanor. If there was someone here he wanted to be viewed as nonthreatening. If people were hiding it might lure them to come out, and if they were raiders, they'd be more likely to unknowingly provide him a chance to use the Scepter if they underestimated him.

Alder us going to try and learn what he can about the ruins. Book-smart[+4] to try and use his knowledge of architecture, construction methods, art and symbols to glean any information he can about this place. Unassuming[+2] to appear non-threatening while doing so in case someone's hiding or tries to ambush him.

pre:
Mana		12
Divinity	0
Followers	0
Thralls		0

Items:

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Wren - West Dunes ???

Wren shades his eyes a moment to peer down at the orcs (ugh) before ambling down the dune in a casual manner. Pretty well spoken for orcs, he muses, as he offers a small wave.

"Hello. I'm a bit lost, I think. Do you happen to have a map?"

He glances down at the bundle tucked under his left arm.

"Oh, and can you tell me if bones have any value around here?"

Wren will be a Charmer +2. Asking questions!

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 2, 2019

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
The Overseer - ??

The Overseer sighed in relief and completed the all terrain vehicle, the first vehiculum. He loaded the remaining materials up the loading ramp and closed it as he entered the cockpit. The vehicle had no weapons but was very maneuverable and had decent enough armor that should stop most inclement weather and a resistance to small caliber ballistic weaponry. While large enough ballistic weapons or intense energy based effects would likely damage it, he felt that the extra mobility and speed could offset the limitations. The roll cage was reinforced with Starborn alloys and should resist impacts. The tube, magical alloys and starborn metal that made up the outer body should be proof against tooth and claw. The mage-metal was interesting, a fusion of alchemy and magic vs one of science and magic. The absorbtion of ambient energies would bear investigating once he could find somewhere not in the wilderness to study it further. The vehicle hummed into life with him in it and he felt reassured as the climate controls made the temperature more even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZLKHVBriTs
He brought up his internal playlist consisting of songs from thousands of dead or infant civilizations and settled on a tune. The warm glow of the headlights beamed as the engines purred. He hummed along as the treads kicked up the sand and he headed off towards the uncertain future.

Doing:
  • Completed vehicle. Packed up & Heading in direction 2 o'clock (NE).
    Bookkeeping notes
  • Power (personal)
      • Mana: 8
  • Resources
    • Advanced components: 6
    • Metals
      • Starborn Alloys: 6
      • Magical Alloys: 6
    • Wood: 12
  • Agreements or status
  • Inventory

• Vehiculum: 1

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 2, 2019

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Tvar - ???
Mana: 11 Divinity: 0

Tvar blinks. He swings his head toward the south, toward the approaching greenskins. His antennae wave gently. His mandibles part and snap. He is interested in the incomers. From his memories of the Wizard, he can predict that they may be hostile. It was an interesting development. Tvar feels curiosity.

HIDE AND FIGHT AND FIGHT AND HIDE AND

He casts about for anything that may be made a weapon. Shards of glass, pieces of wood, twine to tie them together. Tvar feels hopeful that he will find something. He misses the heat of the underforges in this moment. It would be good to be able to forge. But for now he must forage.

Action:

Weaponmaster [+6] to find anything in his wreckage that could be used as, or made into, a weapon.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Sweat slid down his face as Mikhail proudly looked over the iron he called up. Not bad for a wasteland. He reached down with one massive hand and scooped the ingots up then took them over to a large rock. Raising Feaurskallag high, he begins to strike the ingots. Sparks flew as the ingots began to grow a cherry red and form together.

Making a large iron walking staff. [+6] Forgemaster and [+4] Hitting Things.

Resources posted:

• Feaurskallag - Massive forging hammer that heats what hits
  • 5 ingots of iron

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

"Oh boy, this doesn't look good..." Aeson says. He's a lover and healer, not a fighter or man of justice. Sure, he's fought a few snakes and wolves while gathering ingredients, but fighting? No, no, no.

Still... he needs all the information he can get.

Aeson will follow the group from enough distance behind to watch what they do, but far enough away that they don't notice him.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Caranos - In the Shadow of a Tower - ?

One of the Towers!

Now the Wizard has mentioned that the Towers were occupied by mages, although he hadn’t managed to mention if those mages were friendly or unfriendly. For that reason Caranos tried to examine the Tower, not because he hoped to understand its mysteries with such little preparation, but to see if the mage in question had laid any wards for the purpose of frying unwelcome guests. Upon satisfaction of the nonexistence of said wards or other traps, Catania knocked on the door as loudly as possible with his shield and called out:

“Dweller in this Tower, the world has moved on and I wish to fortify the new one. I request your assistance in clarifying my path in this matter and aid in reaching it!!”

Fount of Knowledge [+6] mostly to ensure that Caranos doesn’t die when touching the tower, modifying his plan as appropriate if there’s a ward or more conventional trap. Playing Politics [+4] to convince any owner of the practical benefits of helping if neutral or in favor of doing so. He has the shield in case the mage decides to shoot a lightning bolt or something. If there’s really no one in this particular Tower and it’s not obviously dangerous, he will try to enter.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 3, 2019

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Korrin Smith - ???

Korrin looked down at the dried bugs with some curious bemusement. "I had no idea you could preserve bugs." He thought to himself while the Beast replied; "Of course not, humans are too good for that sort of thing."

He could not exactly disagree with that, and also did not need to eat right now it seemed so he put the food away in one of his satchels. There was still the matter of finding signs of, or preferably, the people around this place. For whatever reason Korrin did not believe that he and the others had been dragged into a dead future, even if it seemed somewhat desolate. There had to be people surviving somewhere. So he continued looking, and while his knowledge was not specific to the desert he reasoned that things such as needing access to water, food, shelter and some way to burn things would be what survivors in this world would hunt for or live near. That was where he would find people, or at least be able to wait for them.

Action:
Locate places where people might gather, or better yet, find actual gathered persons. Hunter [+6] and Survivor [+2]

pre:
Korrin Smith

Resources:
  • Sunlight - Dimming
  • Sand - Still Plentiful
  • Patience - Moderate
  • Preserved Food - Lizards and...Bugs???
  • Find local inhabitants
  • Test magic item
Long-term

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Voices in Stone - ???

[You see signs of a bitter struggle, a fight greater than most in this world.]

You can tell the Halflings are struggling to take you seriously. “Wells are a water source. If you mean to hold one you need to be prepared for conflict.” The one speaking for them looks you over again. “Is there a settlement nearby? Did you, erm, leave a caravan?”

One of the companions chimes in, “Where did you get those clothes?”

Your prophecies continue to fail to impress. Mark this one, you can meditate on it again later to gain insights into a possible future.

Alder Wrinright - Stone Ruins, Yamu-Kem

All the details round it down but a few stone tablets confirm it to be one of the City of Kem on the Mighty River Yamu. The tablets describe riots and food shortages, calling it the End of Days. Yamu-Kem’s Ziggurat was a place of worship for the Sun god of old, possibly second only to His Temple at the edge of the world(12). There still seems to be no discernable pattern to which buildings show signs of maintenance but they continue to appear sporadically.

You know where you are and a handful of facts about it.

Wren - West Dunes ???

The Orcs chuckle to themselves, somewhat less threatened by you. “A clueless scavenger, full of water, in such fine clothes. The bones may hold a little value to the desperate and savage. From where have you fallen? What do you know about that[pointing to dust cloud from your starting point.” They seem less amused by the bones, but you are an interesting mystery to them. They seem to think you are from a very cushy stronghold.

The Overseer - ??

You drive a long distance over bumpy featureless terrain. Near nightfall you happen to spy what looks to be a town in the distance. Insanely primitive by your standards but given how far gone this world is it might well be a prosperous community. You have yet to establish a baseline for such things in this ruined land.

Rolls say settlement of appreciable size.

Tvar - ???

Tvar finds some rocks and cracks them together. They split into a few sharp wedges. A few crude but effective shivs. Another rock looks good for holding and smashing heads with. If the tube could be lifted it would squish the smaller ones and bash the big one. As for hiding, the sands could be good cover if Tvar burrowed or kicked up enough with his wings.

Stone shivs, Smashing rock. Sand is useful for hiding options.

Failing water for quenching Mikhail uses a vast quantity of sand. Despite the circumstances and a layer of melted sand that quickly shatters the Iron Walking Stick[Giant] seems suitable for its purpose.

You get one...staff?

Before long the driver of the cart pushes the horse too fast for the terrain. An axle breaks and the cart tips over. Those following catch up and capture the injured driver. They seem to be interrogating the driver. A hooded figure carrying something runs from the covered cart and is shot by a crossbow bolt. The horse screams in apparent pain as well.

There are a half dozen highwaymen.

Caranos - In the Shadow of a Tower - The Gate

A voice booms from behind the gate. “TRAVELER, IF YOU WISH ENTRY YOU MUST GAIN FOR ME A PIECE OF THE WORLD-STONE. ONLY THEN SHALL I GRANT YOU AUDIENCE.”

A few farmers working the sparse crops around the Tower Wall look up as the voice booms but go back about their business after, sneaking glances at this brazen or mad stranger.

Korrin Smith - A Campsite

The monster has a few choice comments about hunting mortals as you find an ideal spot for a campsite, and discover a campsite already there. The ash seems fresh, not very old at all. The tracks take some time to figure out but you discern which direction they went and can see their path in most spots.

You find traces of mortal activity.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Tvar - ???
Mana: 11 Divinity: 0

Stone rings against stone. Tvar nods. He is satisfied. These flakes are not truly weapons, but he would use them as such. With one in each upper hand, and both lower hands wrapped around a smashing rock, he could fight. Now to hide.

PARTICLES PORTALS AND PIPES, FOUND FIND HIDING BENEATH SANDS LIKE MONSTER, MOUTH MAW MEAL FOUND AND FIND AND FLAIL

It is the task of a moment to hide. Wings and four hands brush avalanches of sand to hide Tvar's monstrous body, with only his goggled eyes emerging. He settles in to wait. He has a plan. He will watch.

Actions:

Hide and wait for the party to arrive. Watch what they do via the goggles. Try to get a feel for their intentions. Then rise and defeat them in combat when they come near, taking their weapons. Try to leave at least one alive if possible.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Wren - West Dunes ???

Wren hmms, considering the bundle for a moment before shrugging and dropping it at his feet with no further regard. All but the skull, which he idly rolls and spins in his hands.

"Well now, that's an interesting story. I just so happen to have just come from there." He jerks his thumb in the direction of the dust cloud.

"So what do you say to a trade? I'll tell you my tale such as it is, and in exchange you help me get my bearings; I've got sand in my boots and a need for a strong drink, so I'd like to get back to civilization as soon as may be."

"As an added bonus, I'll even throw in the skull," he says, rolling it easily from hand to hand.

Wren will keep being a Charmer +2. Directions, please!

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Alder Wrinright - Stone Ruins, Yamu-Kem

He'd actually gasped aloud when he realized where he was. To think, even a place as grand and as powerful as Yamu-Kem had fallen, if the proof wasn't staring him in the face he'd never believe it. Moreover, something about this place didn't make sense. It was being maintained to an extent, but he hadn't seen anyone or even clues that anyone actually lived here. It was troubling. After thinking on it for a short while, Alder decided to move on. Knowing where he was would be invaluable, but what he really needed now was to find people, preferably the type that could be useful to him in building an empire. The mystery of Yamu-Kem could wait until he had some bodyguards just in case whatever was here was dangerous.

Yamu-Kem might have been a bust for subjects to test the Scepter of Rule on, but now that he knew where he was, he might actually be able to pick a direction to travel intelligently. He figured that if he really wanted someplace likely to be inhabited it would be old pre-fall fortresses. These were places designed to hold out against sieges, which means that they had supplies, and likely more importantly considering the current desert-like climate, deeply dug and secured wells and aquifers. Combined with their naturally defensible positions, if he was to find the sorts of people he would need to carry out his ambitions, former forts and strongholds would be the place to start. He thought back to the reports and maps of Yamu-Kem and the surrounding areas, trying to remember the location of the nearest forts, and how best to get there, then he'd try his luck.

Now that Alder knows approximately where he is on old-world maps, he's going to use his knowledge of Logistics[+6] to try and remember and chart a path to the nearest pre-Fall forts or strongholds. He figures that being built to survive a siege meaning internal food stores and water-sources would be a logical place for someone to setup, and if they haven't already he certainly can.

pre:
Mana		12
Divinity	0
Followers	0
Thralls		0

Items:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Mikhail spun the staff with some middling expertise before planting it firmly. He was satisfied with his work, small though it was. "I suppose I should continue looking for life. It's hard to make things purely for myself when it seems I need nothing. Even in this heat and sun I do not burn."

The giant decided to continue in a northerly direction, hoping for either civilization or at least a cooler climate.

Continue moving north. [+2] Giant to continue keeping a high lookout.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Zhin - Zhin’s Paradise - ???

Zhin slowly wakes up, studying the stones. He whistles a robotic tune while continuing his work.

Arranging the stones in a very zen-gardenish way. Planting one of the seeds from the magic box (no magic just yet), probably some sort of oak or maple or other tree that can get, under normal circumstances, really big. Using Terraforming Robot +4 to further the planting of that singular seed but in a way that makes it Super Effective.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

That crossbow bolt spurred Aeson into action.

He ran at the man who was on the ground, putting all his effort into running towards him to pick him up.

Putting 2 Mana into my item for the extra effect of speed, both to minimize the time that he has the wound in him and to outrun the highwaymen. Aeson grabs the injured man in a bridal carry and runs away from the men along the road until he can no longer see them.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Caranos - In the Shadow of a Tower - The Gate

Ah.

Well, at least that granted Caranos an objective now, if not a particularly easy one. Finding a shard of the World Stone was either going to take a whole lot of luck or a much bigger search force. But since this was a place in which there actually were people it couldn't hurt to try and figure out what they knew. Perhaps he might be able to recruit one or two of the more adventurous or mercenary to help in this adventure.

Trying to case the farmers for what they know - maybe i'm not the first crazy adventurer to pop in on the tower and they know the location of the others or what the voice from the tower said to them. If they know anything about the voice. Where exactly this tower is in relation to other things in the surrounding area. I might even ask about the World Shard itself, although if so in a manner that suggests that yes, Caranos knows this is likely a fool's errand but even a rumor might be useful. Finally, Playing Politics [+4] to see if there's anyone willing to help in exchange for a grand adventure or at least the opportunity to escape subsistence farming. In "exchange" for all this asking around, going to use Fount of Knowledge [+6] to see if there's anything I can figure out to help their subsistence farming go any better, just in terms of better farming practice (or if there's something that I could improve their lives easily with material hunting). If i'm going to be a weirdo anyway, might as well get a reputation for being a useful/benevolent one. Reputation opens doors that pure question-seeking might not.

(If this is too much, the priority is in this order to be saved and not dropped from my list: asking questions, seeing if Caranos can help, recruiting.)

Jossar fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 4, 2019

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Voices in Stone - ???

"We told you plainly, we awoke after centuries asleep. If you are not impressed by our fortune telling, perhaps you will favor our skill at finding..." Voices looks out across the arid desert, "water?"

Voices in Stone places a hand once more on the ground. The earth sings. He uses his other hand to trace a small circle and concentrate. Within the stone and sand there should be areas where the flow of power is cooler, muted. Where these gaps bubble near the surface there should be an oasis.

Use Geomancy +6 to search for water underground.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
The Overseer - ??

The town was something at least. He made for the town and when he got close enough made sure his headlights were turned off. Parking the vehicle away from sight of the village he waited until first light before getting out and approaching. He ensured the cargo area was locked before walking towards it. If anything he hoped to find information and potentially learn a bit about this blighted world.

Doing:
  • Parking vehicle away from town. At first light approaching settlement on foot.
    Bookkeeping notes
  • Power (personal)
      • Mana: 8
  • Resources
    • Advanced components: 6
    • Metals
      • Starborn Alloys: 6
      • Magical Alloys: 6
    • Wood: 12
  • Agreements or status
  • Inventory

• Vehiculum: 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Korrin Smith - Campsite

He took note of the remains of the campsite and the tracks that had been left behind. With no other leads, Korrin moved to follow them. Hopefully they would not be hostile, although he assumed that in a land as unforgiving as this that they would not be friendly...there wasn't enough food, water or shelter to risk hospitality.

Action:
Tracking the campers. Hunter [+6]

pre:
Korrin Smith

Resources:
  • Sunlight - Dimming
  • Sand - Still Plentiful
  • Patience - Moderate
  • Preserved Food - Lizards and...Bugs???
  • Find local inhabitants
  • Test magic item
Long-term

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 5, 2019