Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I thought Pammy drained all his youthful seed to get over the menopause then chucked him IIRC.

Papers saying Denis Suarez from Barca to Arsenal for £20m, which is interesting but not the most urgent area we need to address.

I dunno we have a pretty glaring lack of any kind of creativity in midfield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I dunno we have a pretty glaring lack of any kind of creativity in midfield.

Thanks for Ramsey again btw

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

quote:

Neil Warnock called Liverpool a “disgrace” and accused them of lacking class after Cardiff missed out on the signing of Nathaniel Clyne. The Cardiff manager claimed he was promised the right-back on loan before discovering on television he had joined Bournemouth on Friday.

Warnock gave Clyne his professional debut at Crystal Palace in 2008 and was also critical of the player. “To see it on television when I’ve done everything right and they’ve promised that he’s my player this week, for me it’s a disgrace and just a lack of class,” said Warnock after his team were knocked out of the FA Cup by the League One side Gillingham.

“What I was disappointed in is having known Nathaniel …to not get a phone call from Nathaniel or from Liverpool, I thought that stank. I thought it was a disappointment, a lack of class, call it what you want.

“When you are waiting and doing it properly, I think you deserve respect and I don’t think they showed us any.”

Clyne, an England international, made his debut for Bournemouth during their 3-1 FA Cup defeat at home to Brighton. Warnock claimed he missed out on three other potential loan players as he waited for the Clyne deal to be completed.

“I probably should have been illegally tapping him up or something like that, shouldn’t I?” he added.

“But I did everything right and Bournemouth came in. I suppose Bournemouth, paying £19m for [Dominic] Solanke, it might just have whetted their appetite a bit.

“I’ve lost out on three players because of that by waiting. I lost out on a couple of full-backs and a striker because I couldn’t use the loan up. I’m doubly disappointed really.

“Listen, we don’t get any favours, we’re not going to get any favours, whether it’s on the pitch or off it. We are always up against it.”

Liverpool were contacted but made no comment.

Warnock throwing a proper fit.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

While I don't doubt that Liverpool did something dodgy with a transfer deal, Warnock is a proper unlikable oval office who is never at fault for anything ay

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Sounds like Clyne wanted to play and keep all his wages and Warnock wasn’t able to promise that

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Sandwolf posted:

Thanks for Ramsey again btw

Ramsey is a decent squad player with one standout season. Really not all that fussed with him leaving

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Ramsey is a decent squad player with one standout season. Really not all that fussed with him leaving

He's pretty good with the "Pass it to Gareth" tactics when playing for Wales. He has dined out a hell of a lot on that one season you're referring to though. 2012? 2013?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
If Ramsey signed a new contract with Arsenal he'd have a freak injury right after that would keep him out for a year. That's just Arsenal facts.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bundy posted:

He's pretty good with the "Pass it to Gareth" tactics when playing for Wales. He has dined out a hell of a lot on that one season you're referring to though. 2012? 2013?

Any excuse to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE3zeB-h3NA

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
If Juve can get it into Ramsey's head that his best ever season was when he kept it simple and was arriving into the box at the right times he will be an absolute steal. However after that it seems he wanted to be the equal of Bale and started doing bullshit like backheel passes that turn over possesion four times a match.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
wolves are going to give tammy abraham £120k a week lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RangersFC/status/1081943592166453248

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Lmao @ his face

Even funnier that they chose that pic of him to go with the announcement

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Bacon Terrorist posted:

If Juve can get it into Ramsey's head that his best ever season was when he kept it simple and was arriving into the box at the right times he will be an absolute steal. However after that it seems he wanted to be the equal of Bale and started doing bullshit like backheel passes that turn over possesion four times a match.

He hasn’t really done this under Emery and overall is putting together really good performances. Letting him go on a free when the contract was agreed is insane. Wenger did a lot of dumb poo poo, but I don’t think he did anything this dumb.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Presenting Nipples posted:

He hasn’t really done this under Emery and overall is putting together really good performances. Letting him go on a free when the contract was agreed is insane. Wenger did a lot of dumb poo poo, but I don’t think he did anything this dumb.

There was one agreed? I thought it stalled on Ramsey wanting either longer than they wanted to offer or more money or something? Why'd it all collapse then?

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Bundy posted:

There was one agreed? I thought it stalled on Ramsey wanting either longer than they wanted to offer or more money or something? Why'd it all collapse then?

Arsenal pulled the contract after it was agreed. It happened right after Gazidis.

No one knows for sure why arsenal pulled it. My guess is the new CEO wanted to wag his dick and make a ‘statement’. I loving hate corporations.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

It was rumoured to be around £250,000 a week, which doesn't exactly seem a good deal when Emery is only ever playing one of Ramsey or Ozil, who is looking even worse value for £300,000 a week

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Rumour was Emery pitched Ramsey as the star in his system when he interviewed for the job so gently caress knows what has gone on behind the scenes that sees both him and Özil out of the starting XI most games.

I'd love either of them to stay and have an amazing season but I think maybe they both need to go as the best thing for both parties. Feels a bit like you know both of them will be great at their next clubs but not so good if they stay at Arsenal.

Fair enough Ramsey has been good when playing this season but the cynic in me thinks that's the old shop window effect.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mr Snips posted:

It was rumoured to be around £250,000 a week, which doesn't exactly seem a good deal when Emery is only ever playing one of Ramsey or Ozil, who is looking even worse value for £300,000 a week

I suspect this is the real issue. I rate Ramsey and Ozil, but Arsenal are in a transitional period and the team has a lot of needs, and I’m not sure that pinning all your hopes to Mesut Ozil and Aaron Ramsey is the best idea moving forward.

That said, it’s ridiculous that they’re losing Ramsey on a free. He should have been sold in the summer. I expect Ozil will stick around like a virus as collects his big fat paycheck for not doing very much at all.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ramsey's been wasted at Arsenal. Rarely been played to his strengths.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

sassassin posted:

Ramsey's been wasted at Arsenal. Rarely been played to his strengths.

To be fair, they don't have a Gareth for him to pass to.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realmadrid/status/1082011341223878656

City are getting £15m

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Bundy posted:

True they only have the highest scorer in the league so far...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bundy posted:

Bale was a bit rubbish in the Euros. Used up all his magic and ligaments in qualifying.

Joe Allen was our 'break play up and pass to one of the good kids' player. He made the team of the tournament as well.

Ramsey is a box player who ran his little legs off pressing high and making runs into channels to get us up the pitch. The number of games he's played where the expectation was he should sit still and distribute to other players to try and score is crazy.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I remember when people thought that Liverpool selling Joe Allen was a terrible idea because of his performance in that Euros

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I’ll always be fond of the Hen Master TBF.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gorn Myson posted:

I remember when people thought that Liverpool selling Joe Allen was a terrible idea because of his performance in that Euros

This also had a lot to do with them selling him and keeping one noted trashman Emre Can on the books.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Bundy posted:

This also had a lot to do with them selling him and keeping one noted trashman Emre Can on the books.

What's he up to at Juve anyway? There's usually something about ex-Liverpool players floating around in my internet circles but I've seen literally nothing about Can.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

EvilHawk posted:

What's he up to at Juve anyway? There's usually something about ex-Liverpool players floating around in my internet circles but I've seen literally nothing about Can.

Not playing, for the most part.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
That’s a shame.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Gigi Galli posted:

Not playing, for the most part.

Is it injury related or just because he's got a horrendous first touch and the turning circle of a glacier?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

EvilHawk posted:

Is it injury related or just because he's got a horrendous first touch and the turning circle of a glacier?

I think he was injured for a while but he's not good enough anyway. Trem or drogadon would know.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Can was out for a couple of months because he had a thyroid condition that required surgery. He's been getting pretty regular minutes since he returned, as the first midfielder off the bench. He's been ok, looked really good at times, but made some high profile mistakes too.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Yeah that sounds about right.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mr Snips posted:

I just saw that Mhkitaryan is apparently on 200k per week. I had no clue he was getting anything close to that. He’s looking less and less like a decent transfer.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

blue footed boobie posted:

I just saw that Mhkitaryan is apparently on 200k per week. I had no clue he was getting anything close to that. He’s looking less and less like a decent transfer.

That’s been common knowledge for ages. Free transfer and all that. Nearly half of what Alexis was asking for.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

That’s been common knowledge for ages. Free transfer and all that. Nearly half of what Alexis was asking for.

I guess he just never struck me as a player who would merit those kind of wages.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i always liked can

at least he's getting paid i guess

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

I guess he just never struck me as a player who would merit those kind of wages.

Free transfers often get huge wages which is why everyone's so keen to run down their contracts these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

trem_two posted:

Can was out for a couple of months because he had a thyroid condition that required surgery. He's been getting pretty regular minutes since he returned, as the first midfielder off the bench. He's been ok, looked really good at times, but made some high profile mistakes too.

Yup that's the Emre Can Experience.