Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

ah that's much more innocuous and not completely asinine to repeat when shorn of context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

kw0134 posted:

ah that's much more innocuous and not completely asinine to repeat when shorn of context

:wrong;

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

...! posted:

he's not saying buffett should kill himself, he's referencing the time that buffett referred to bitcoins as rat poison

he's stupid as hell but he's not advocating suicide here

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
you see officer when i told the guy he was a waste of space and should go out and buy a stool and a length of rope and find the nearest tree that was all in reference to fsahfkjdahfkda

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

why would buffett buy either bitcoin or rat poison? he's an investor, and neither is an investment.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

why would buffett buy either bitcoin or rat poison? he's an investor, and neither is an investment.

bitcoin is an investment while (timeXprice-timeYprice)>0 and a currency when (timeXprice-timeYprice)<0

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
ratcoin

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

bit poison

...!
Oct 5, 2003

...! posted:

bit poison

:wrong:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

ratcoin

its big enough to have its own subreddit!

doesn't seem to be on coinmarketcap though :smith:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

adventurejay 2 points 5 hours ago

Just think, when the internet was ten years old the Dot Com bubble had only just begun, now most of the planet has it in their pocket. Now imagine what the next ten years holds for Block Chain. HODL.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

[–]Ithinkstrangely 0 points
Would you agree it's the closest version of Bitcoin to the version described by Satoshi Nakamoto in the White Paper describing Bitcoin's Cybernetic Protocol? Cybernetic sytems involve people and computer technologies symbiotically operating. Bitcoin (Bitcoin Cash the real Bitcoin) is a living entity. The only way to stop it is to take it over with a corrupt, fake, fiated, Bitcoin (BTC), detroy it, and then get a chain that they have majority interest in to take over as One World Currency (see: the shitcoins).

That's not what Bitcoin is. The forking mechanism ensures that we will never, ever, use the money that the elites control, that they can print at will, i.e. add zeros to their bank accounts.

Pleae remove your heads from your assholes and WAKE THE gently caress UP.

Lastly, this is not a direct response to bitmegalomaniac and it's not an attack. It's an observation, in it's proper location, for context.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Tesla Stock on a Blockchain Offers Hint of Where Crypto's Headed

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Bleach does not work well in killing off Cryptosporidium parasites. The amount of bleach needed to kill Cryptosporidium makes the water almost impossible to drink. If Cryptosporidium is in the water, boiling is the best way to make sure water is safe to drink.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

...! posted:

Warren Buffett spent just over $1 Billion to buy 9.8 million shares of Apple in Q1 2016. Today that stake is worth ~$1.4 Billion.

aww, thanks bitcoin buddy, that does help put this in perspective. it’s still up 40% over three years

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

"I WON THE LOTTERY!"
"no you only one one of the smaller prizes, not the big jackpot. you should just kill yourself"

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

quote:

Digital stocks could hold advantages over traditional shares because they can be traded even when exchanges are closed, and traders can choose to buy fractions of a share. They could also give foreign investors the ability to buy and sell U.S. shares they might otherwise struggle to access.

Even though U.S. regulators oversee trading of DX’s initial roster of stocks, Chief Executive Officer Daniel Skowronski said he doesn’t need permission from the Americans to offer this service because DX doesn’t operate there. The company says it’s licensed by the Estonian Financial Intelligence Unit with full authorization to operate in the European Union.

MPS MarketPlace which is licensed by Cyprus’s financial regulator, will hold the stocks on behalf of the token owners and will keep them in a segregated account, Skowronski said. DX’s offering is compliant with Europe’s Mifid II directive, he said.

Yes, this doesn't seem like it's going to do something shady that brings down the wrath of the regulatory gods.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Sedge and Bee posted:

Yes, this doesn't seem like it's going to do something shady that brings down the wrath of the regulatory gods.

uh, look up andreas 1:12

"thou shalt have no god but satoshi, and he doth not regulate"

try again, fiat heretic :smug:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Boxturret posted:

a currency when (timeXprice-timeYprice)<0

but that would mean number go down, which is patently and obviously impossible, it just means your chart’s x-axis isn’t long enough

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i stopped reading after the "how has bitcoin changed the world" section just listed the same conceptual ideals that bitcoiners bring up when talking about what bitcoin will do.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

the fed have already iced this page

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i like how it mentions the peak at 19k but neglects to mention the 80% drop that's been going on for over a year

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the only things of note that happened in 2018 were some new bitcoin vending machines and a few trillion more ico tokens were made making a fake number go even higher NOTHING ELSE

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

...! posted:

adventurejay 2 points 5 hours ago

Just think, when the internet was ten years old the Dot Com bubble had only just begun, now most of the planet has it in their pocket. Now imagine what the next ten years holds for Block Chain. HODL.

okay, so we have confirmation from a true believer that it is now the year 2000 of the internet, or at least the very late 90s. and just like movies released in 1996 had web pages, movies these days advocate cryptocurrencies.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Wheany posted:

okay, so we have confirmation from a true believer that it is now the year 2000 of the internet, or at least the very late 90s. and just like movies released in 1996 had web pages, movies these days advocate cryptocurrencies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSeeFgsqUxU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wheany posted:

But the internet was destroyed by Y2K :thunk:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm so tired of the number going down and up again, ugh.
Has anyone said bartcoin yet?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

fartcoin

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > YOSPOS > Bitcoin: It seems sad, but people celebrate!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

In human years, bitcoin is still a little boy. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 4 hours ago by Craig1024

I grew up with computers. I got my first AppleIIe in the mid 80's and used a 2400 baud modem to connect to BBS services and download pirated games when I was maybe 12. Then one day I got a dial-up connection to Earthlink. Eventually broadband. Then smartphones. In a way, I watched personal computing and the internet grow up as I grew up. I'm now a professional software engineer in my 40s and the Internet and computing is a big grown-up operation.

Bitcoin just turned 10 years old. Right now he can't do much. Can't drive a car, can't juggle, can't play a musical instrument, can't write a software program. But, he's pretty smart, and he's growing up every day.

What will Bitcoin be able to do when he's a teen? 2nd layer scaling, privacy, identity, all kinds of things. In fact he's learning about a lot of them now. And when he's 20? 10 years from now? Well now he's an adult, likely playing in the adult games with sovereign nations and fiat currencies.

Beyond that? Who knows. When Bitcoin is in it's 40's, it's going to be a fully grown up Man. Probably running poo poo. It will be fascinating to watch!

Happy Birthday Bitcoin, we love you. And thanks!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

No bitcoin doodle on homepage today? Thanks a lot, Google (self.btc)
submitted 10 hours ago by crypt0crook

They've had doodles for all kinds of dumb poo poo but fail to do one for the 10 year anniversary of the most important technology invention since the Internet itself...

I guess they know that decentralization will eventually be their doom. The sooner the better, I say.

RowdyGentleman94 2 points 7 hours ago

Agreed. I guess too much competition for Google Pay.

zippopopamus 1 point 6 hours ago

Yup, decentralization is anathema to all corporations

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

And that's exactly how they like it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Boxturret posted:

as its a bitcoin derivative it legally must use the official mascot
It's more like a parrot

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Splicer posted:

It's more like a parrot

so what you're saying is that bitscoin are the official currency of cockatoos, got it

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

...! posted:

Bitcoin just turned 10 years old. Right now he can't do much. Can't ... write a software program.

Ok, I get it, Bitcoin is developmentally challenged.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

has anyone said birthcoin yet?

im sure it already exists and is terrible

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

...! posted:

submitted 4 hours ago by Craig1024

I grew up with computers. I got my first AppleIIe in the mid 80's and used a 2400 baud modem to connect to BBS services and download pirated games when I was maybe 12. Then one day I got a dial-up connection to Earthlink. Eventually broadband. Then smartphones. In a way, I watched personal computing and the internet grow up as I grew up. I'm now a professional software engineer in my 40s and the Internet and computing is a big grown-up operation.

Bitcoin just turned 10 years old. Right now he can't do much. Can't drive a car, can't juggle, can't play a musical instrument, can't write a software program. But, he's pretty smart, and he's growing up every day.

What will Bitcoin be able to do when he's a teen? 2nd layer scaling, privacy, identity, all kinds of things. In fact he's learning about a lot of them now. And when he's 20? 10 years from now? Well now he's an adult, likely playing in the adult games with sovereign nations and fiat currencies.

Beyond that? Who knows. When Bitcoin is in it's 40's, it's going to be a fully grown up Man. Probably running poo poo. It will be fascinating to watch!

Happy Birthday Bitcoin, we love you. And thanks!

Normally children stop making GBS threads bed by the age of ten. Bitcoin is a very special boy, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Splicer posted:

It's more like a parrot

...! posted:

so what you're saying is that bitscoin are the official currency of cockatoos, got it

no it isn't, get fcuked