Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

gschmidl posted:

A bitcoven has three butters, but they're all the incel.

the incel, the miner, and the coin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Slippery posted:

wheres ross ulbricht i hear he is big in this space

oh wait

you want the list of 20 most incarcerated people in crypto 2018

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
transport layer satoshi

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
roses are red
violets are blue
people are dead
because of you

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
rosses are jailed
violence is bad
your appeals failed
isn’t that sad

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
someone with a twitter account pls send ross’s mom the rhymes I wrote specially for her. I’d do it myself but they banned my account for the unforgivable crime of not wanting to give them my phone number

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
his lawyer hosed up. instead of trying to claim mycrimes.txt was fake they should have admitted he was really that dumb and argued for a reduced sentence on the grounds of diminished responsibility

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

bit-ira? nah, they’d hit the bank of england first

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

...! posted:

in the name of terrorist prevention, my bank wants me to sign papers, that would hand over total surveillance of all my banking-activity, to a foreign body, essentially allowing them to scrutinize me, whenever they decide to suspect me of terrorism. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 4 hours ago by naturecollision

the catch: who's to define what's a terrorist?

from my research, the war on terror is one the biggest zionist hoaxes, the group has ever pulled off. it's used as an extortion-tool, aimed at western sovereign countries, to hand over control. banking laws are highly influenced by anti-terrorism jurisdiction.

now, I may sound like a conspiracy theorist, I get it.

but the bottom line is: I am likely going to close my bank account, and I won't open another one with any other bank.

I will likely convert my fiat to bitcoin and gold, and will stop paying taxes and go off-grid.

as a freelancer, this step is rather easy for me to pull off, and if you are in a similar set-up, I can only recommend considering doing the same.

banks are not worth it, and the representative with whom I spoke, even told me I was being morally absolutely right, but he gave me excuses that his bank just "has no other option than to comply with this legislation", and that he would need to cancel my business-relationship with them, if I don't sign these papers.

this is the world we live in now, which side are you on?

i'm with the banks, op. hail statean

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
no, you must pledge your soul anew to our dark lord soros. semper fiat, comrade.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Gazpacho posted:

i wanna hear how these financial dropout stories end, like 7 years from now will i pass a bum on the street who got there because he decided to live out of a btc machine

(ans: no because it will be me,, the fiat saver. i will be the bum)

that gives me a great idea

bum......coin

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
dixitque satoshi: fiat sux

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
proof of poof, which is the sound your money makes as it vanishes into the ether

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

...! posted:

each year excluding a couple, it has steadily gone up!

it is mathematically impossible for bitcoin to ever lose value over the course of a year

starting ..... now

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

...! posted:

nmeal 2 points 6 hours ago

I thought the cryptocurrency revolution and the vegan revolution would coincide.

It's predicted the oceans will be fishless by 2048 at the current rate of fishing.

Plants. Eat plants. More than enough for everyone.

I’d hate to be that last fish, desperately swimming for its life as all the world’s fishing fleets deploy the best technology 2048 can buy to track it

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Hammerite posted:

who should play satoshi? im thinking will ferrel

death to those who would make idolatrous images of the prophet

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

What Is Value, Anyway?
Goblin Banker: So, young Master Potter, I understand that these last few days have been a bit trying for you, but on the upside, you’re filthy stinking rich.

Harry Potter: I’m still having trouble wrapping my head around piles and piles of gold coins in a vault guarded by a dragon. What did you call them again?

Goblin Banker: Galleons.

Harry Potter: And weren’t there Sickles and Knuts, too?

Goblin Banker: Meaningless complications for the以下略

hello old friend

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

El_Elegante posted:

I think 88 is lucky in some Asian cultures, and they don’t care enough about neo-nazis to avoid it

that’s also true of swastikas. doesn’t justify using them in any English speaking context

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

BMan posted:

Is it ready for ordinary users? Definitely not.

a good motto for the butts

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

that’s ... literally the opposite of what those characters mean, wtf google

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Boxturret posted:

wait, so you don't hand write all of your posts and give them directly to lowtax in a velvet lined briefcase?

how do you even post i thought that was what everyone had to do

pigeons

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

...! posted:

hapticpilot 6 points 2 days ago

Now if you want to make this into a really interesting metaphor imagine a giant cruise ship heading towards our iceburg. The ship, in bold typeface has "FIAT BANKING SYSTEM" written along its side.

If we get big enough before the ship finally strikes us, we're not going to brake apart... we're gonna snap that monster ship in two.

The nearest piece of land for all the passengers that jumped off that sinking ship will be our iceburg. They'll climb on and to their surprise they'll find hotels, shops, flying cars and food: a Bitcoin-driven free market. After finding all that, those passengers wont go calling for help. They'll be installing an SPV wallet and joining the market.

the bitcoin economy is mostly underwater. it poses mortal danger to anyone who approaches it, and getting on board is likely to lead to all your assets being frozen. a good analogy

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

Hey, remember supply chain? The one blockchain use case that approaches feasibility? Well, the Hyperledger group just decided to add a new project specifically targeting supply chain use cases (apparently ignoring that half their other projects are also targeting this same use case). This one’s selling point? All the chaincodes/smart contracts are written in WebAssembly (and this project wants to make WASM the default chaincode language).

https://www.hyperledger.org/blog/2019/01/22/announcing-hyperledger-grid-a-new-project-to-help-build-and-deliver-supply-chain-solutions

I mean it’s better than solidity

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Boxturret posted:

bitcoin dating websites are exactly what you think they would be like

empty?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

...! posted:

NellyUSMCredditor for 2 weeks 7 points 5 hours ago

I told my mother I started investing into crypto and she just started making noise and saying I don’t want to hear anymore I’m going to lose it. Lol I never even got to say that it wasn’t even that much money. But I really hope the next bull is enormous so I can go “lalalalalala” when she asks me about Bitcoin.

SeriousGains 3 points 4 hours ago

You should tell everyone you know. Crypto will be normal. People need to get over this fear of being called out for being an early adopter.

Will nocoiners smile at you when the price of bitcoin goes down? Sure they will, but when it goes up and they're broke af, you'll have the last laugh.

When the saints in glory, therefore, shall see the doleful state of the damned, how will this heighten their sense of the blessedness of their own state, so exceedingly different from it! When they shall see how miserable others of their fellow creatures are, who were naturally in the same circumstances with themselves; when they shall see the smoke of their torment, and the raging of the flames of their burning, and hear their dolorous shrieks and cries, and consider that they in the mean time are in the most blissful state, and shall surely be in it to all eternity ; how will they rejoice!

#notacult

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
this must be like the hundredth novel/movie/tv show pitch with that exact plot

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Midjack posted:

let he who is without SIN submit the first transaction

actually i think you'll find the first transaction was submitted by Satoshi I. Nakamoto itself

do not ask what the i stands for. pray you never find out

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
what if we replaced fundamental human rights..............with smart contracts?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
my tax return didn't even have a space on it for declaring monopoly winnings, and yet they want to tax bitcoin? this is an outrage

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

...! posted:

Why do we let US lawmakers and the IRS jerk Bitcoin enthusiasts around effortlessly? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted an hour ago by A_solo_tripper

I have been feeling that lawmakers and our representatives have been imposing their will onto the good people of the US. We let them decide when to tax us, what they can tax us on, how much they can tax us, and so on. Do we not have a voice? Do we not stand up for ourselves? Do we just let some New Yorker tell us how much we need to pay?

please add “representative democracy” to the list of things bitcoiners don’t understand

also is “New Yorker” a dog whistle? ah why am I even asking of course it’s a dog whistle

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
I don’t know why you’d invoke new york instead of washington if you were thinking of congress rather than wall st. and there’s only really one narrative where bankers are in charge of politics

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

ok, but that was 1994. in 1996 hotmail launched and america online stopped charging an hourly fee for the internet and now everyone had a personl email address; which, despite the assertion above was not used for getting someone a written message fast because email is not time sensitive and even now there can be delays of up to several hours between some servers. it was used because it was convenient in comparison to posting a letter. nobody ever thought it would die out because it had a direct, tangible, real world equivalent in mail, so it was very easy to grasp the use case for.

in two years email progressed from a business and science centered tool to a personal tool.

in ten years bitcoin is still struggling to make the reverse journey from being used by personal tools to being used by business and science tools. why is that? maybe because it's not the cheapest and fastest way to give people money. maybe because managing an 'account' is a huge hassle compared to just having a bank or credit union. maybe because it has no customer service other than online idiots screeching at you for doing it wrong. maybe especially because more than even email, a currency requires that other people use it, which is the one thing they've gotten correct - that is definitely not something bitcoin benefits from.

email wasn't new in 1994, though. smtp and pop both date from 1984, so they actually managed to pick a technology that was roughly the same age then as bitcoin is now.

the problem with the analogy is rather that in 1994 it was already very clear what the point of email was, even if nobody expected their grandparents to start using it, whereas in 2019 it's looking like bitcoin has no legitimate uses.

also email advocates were making sensible arguments like "if your business adopts email, you can save time and money currently wasted on circulating paper memos", rather than "if even 1% of americans sent an email today, the people who already have an email address will rule the world and the snivelling peasants who were late to the party will live out their wretched lives in the typing pool"

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Boxturret posted:

Canadian based exchanges

has anyone said beavers and buttcoin yet

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

SRQ posted:

why in the holy gently caress would it hit one million, did anyone ever really think that

there are real people living in your town right now who really think that some time soon, everyone who said the right magic words will literally float up into the sky, and everyone else will be attacked by giant locusts with human faces and scorpion tails

expecting someone to pay a million dollars for a bitcoin is positively tame as religions go

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

The petro, or petromoneda,[2] launched in February 2018, is a cryptocurrency developed by the government of Venezuela.[3][4] As of August 2018 it does not appear to function as a currency.[5]

Even after the launch, white papers in various languages still shared conflicting information as to which platform the petro was part of.[20] Due to the unorganized launch by the Venezuelan government, scammers were able to establish their own "petro" currencies on various cryptocurrency platforms, though these schemes did not garner much success.[20]

When visiting the Venezuelan Ministry of Finance headquarters in Caracas, the Superintendent of Cryptocurrencies did not have an office there and their promoted website did not exist.[5]

this isn’t the worthless things on wikipedia thread

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
you hodl butts, and then the fiat system collapses because everyone sees you hodling and is convinced by the power of your faith, and then you live out your life in luxury while the naysayers kiss your feet and beg for satoshis

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

divabot posted:

those soros bucks don't make themselves u kno

uh actually that’s exactly how fiat works, and furthermore

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
if u think about it tho can you afford not to buy some butts? like if they fail then you just lose a few worthless fiat dollars, but if hyperbitcoinization happens and you didn’t buy then you’ll have to sell your organs for satoshis and then starve in the gutter. so the logical thing to do is to buy butts.

I call this concept asscal’s wager

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
buttcoin: be your own bank!

[later] hmm, nobody actually wants to be their own bank, so let's reinvent banks except without any of the safeguards or guarantees that make them trustworthy

[later still] oh hey another exchange lost everyone's money but i'm sure we've learned all the lessons now and it'll be the last!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

...! posted:

diydude2 • [score hidden] • submitted 1 hour ago

Even no-coiners will be better off without banksters literally enslaving them.

...! posted:

diydude2 1 point 19 hours ago*

I think you are retarded and will be languishing in poverty and regret within six months.

I pity you, slave.

:thunk: