Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
coin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i had a mcafe antivirus program once

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

hey i haven't been keeping up with the bitcoin funny pages anything funny happen in the last 3 months

bcash split into rodger ver's advanced bcash and craig "satoshi" :right:'s bcash special victims unit, bitcoiners will form cults around anyone with a pulse apparently

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

we do not speak of the secret bitcoin orgies

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

quote:

MrJSuds Speculator9 points5 hours ago
I bought as high as $220 and as low as $20. If I lose it all, it would suck but wouldn't be crippling. Invest what you can lose. If you have the patience and liquidity to let it ride, well, we'll see. Rather gamble and be right than sit it out and miss out on something that could be big.

You have to really take a step back and look at it. It's a fantastic idea with real utility. Mass adoption won't take place this year. You're talking about MASS ADOPTION of a currency not backed by a central government.

The internet, and globalization, and p2p everything will eventually be the standard. There is a need for the technology. It's a matter of if people can outlast what they put into it.

i can't wait for the internet to be standard

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i think that was, like most bitcoin purchases, an example of someone giving someone else bitcoins and then that guy uses actual money

i know for sure that's how it happened when a guy "bought" a tank of gas with bitcoin

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

finally, confirmation that the winkelvii are actually one being. same with craig ver and wu

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Andreas makes our list this year due to his continued advocacy for the adoption and use of Bitcoin. With the current state of blockchain technology, one of the biggest hurdles towards mainstream adoption is simply awareness. While devs take a large amount of this list and deserve the highest amounts of recognition, it is people like Andreas that help the masses become more knowledgeable about our favorite emerging technology. This year, Andreas spoke at 11 events for blockchain advocacy, earning him the number 20 spot on our list.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

activate quantum immortality

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i was looking at my laser printer the other day and was thinking "oh man it would be great if i could use the fuser to make toast". so ofc then i went to open it up and reprogram one of the paper sizes to toast but when i tried to open it there was just a chip that had hitler and stalin on it that said "lol closed source fucker!"

i stumbled outside, fell to my knees, and wailed at the sky and lo did the clouds part and the visage of rms appear. my voice wavered as i made my desperate plea: "rms save me, for i am being oppressed!" his gaze fell upon me, chins rippling beneath the beard of the blessed as he was forced to look downward onto such a lowly creature as i, and the heavens did boom "have you ever thought that maybe the whales want it?"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i think bitmain, one of the big chinese miners and run by one third of the ver collective, has seen some pretty big losses recently

then there's also the video posted earlier of that guy tearing down his mining farm

so maybe??

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

KnifeWrench posted:

I don't think of myself as particularly prudish, but what the gently caress is second or third base in an analogy where first is a handjob to completion?

second is implanting eggs in them with your ovipostor and third is when their body bursts open releasing all the tiny andreases :3:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

rjmccall posted:

it's not going to be a good business to be in ten years from now but the same might be said of writing webapp backends in scala

poor pleasurekevin :(

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

why my genital slit smell like seaman

im guessing its because you engaged in sexual intercourse

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

you have impressive flexibility

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://medium.com/@TooAfee/an-open-letter-to-john-mcafee-abdab2d2ef63

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:rip: bird

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

derp posted:

hi i didnt read for a long time did they ever get to 1 trillion tethers

the were cowardly and only got to like 2.something billion

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

yeah how are they not mc antivirii yet

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

here's to the next ten, after which we will be only a few short decades away from global adoption

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Pimblor posted:

i am the first person ever to say

shitcoin :twisted:

no you are not bitcoiners use that word all of the time to refer to other bitcoins that they do not like

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gfntBEI3Aw

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i need to teach my son as soon as possible that i am an idiot

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

well it may not be a so called "word" but it is a piece of malware :colbert:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

has anyone said buttcodes yet

are you just trying to advertise your instagram :confused:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

much like you are mom :xd:

i told you that in confidence

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

mac bookirrim prodes?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

does Blit-Coin have a mascot yet

as its a bitcoin derivative it legally must use the official mascot

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i like how bitcoiners think that if people don't get the maximum amount of money out of an investment they should just kill themselves

also if you don't like bitcoin you should kill yourself

but don't you dare post the suicide hotline in r/bitcoin when the prices drop that's too mean :cry:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

you see officer when i told the guy he was a waste of space and should go out and buy a stool and a length of rope and find the nearest tree that was all in reference to fsahfkjdahfkda

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

why would buffett buy either bitcoin or rat poison? he's an investor, and neither is an investment.

bitcoin is an investment while (timeXprice-timeYprice)>0 and a currency when (timeXprice-timeYprice)<0

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

ratcoin

its big enough to have its own subreddit!

doesn't seem to be on coinmarketcap though :smith:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

[–]Ithinkstrangely 0 points
Would you agree it's the closest version of Bitcoin to the version described by Satoshi Nakamoto in the White Paper describing Bitcoin's Cybernetic Protocol? Cybernetic sytems involve people and computer technologies symbiotically operating. Bitcoin (Bitcoin Cash the real Bitcoin) is a living entity. The only way to stop it is to take it over with a corrupt, fake, fiated, Bitcoin (BTC), detroy it, and then get a chain that they have majority interest in to take over as One World Currency (see: the shitcoins).

That's not what Bitcoin is. The forking mechanism ensures that we will never, ever, use the money that the elites control, that they can print at will, i.e. add zeros to their bank accounts.

Pleae remove your heads from your assholes and WAKE THE gently caress UP.

Lastly, this is not a direct response to bitmegalomaniac and it's not an attack. It's an observation, in it's proper location, for context.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Bleach does not work well in killing off Cryptosporidium parasites. The amount of bleach needed to kill Cryptosporidium makes the water almost impossible to drink. If Cryptosporidium is in the water, boiling is the best way to make sure water is safe to drink.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

"I WON THE LOTTERY!"
"no you only one one of the smaller prizes, not the big jackpot. you should just kill yourself"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i like how it mentions the peak at 19k but neglects to mention the 80% drop that's been going on for over a year

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the only things of note that happened in 2018 were some new bitcoin vending machines and a few trillion more ico tokens were made making a fake number go even higher NOTHING ELSE

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

El_Elegante posted:

literally every time the age analogy pops up the advocates sound slimy and gross about it

what are you talking about

If Bitcoin were a human female, price is her level of physical attractiveness… she's still developing and right now learning about the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

so was the run up to 19k some cinderella type thing but then the clock struck midnight and all of 2018 was it turning back into a pumpkin?