Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
once you say botcoin, you can't go back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

KnifeWrench posted:

even ruthlessly mocking it? :ohdear:

spending our lives on this thread may not be inside the venn diagram circle marked "good life choices"

...! posted:

first to say boxturretcoin cash itt

boxturretcash satoshi's dentacoin

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

ullerrm posted:

speaking of good life choices, zaurg supposedly actually sold his shitcoins

Thumbtacks posted:

now we just wait for the other running shoe to drop

there's no way he didn't make some insane purchase in the last few months, it's guaranteed

Thumbtacks posted:

i know it won't happen but part of me is entertaining the idea that now that he sold, bitcoin is going to loving explode like tomorrow and go up 8000%

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
bitcoin? more like

more like botcoin, am i ... no wait gently caress

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Boxturret posted:

i think he invented the concept of communication between several separate individuals

literally had one on twitter yesterday arguing that a bunch of basic cryptographic stuff like SSL needed people who understood cryptocurrency

this was part of his justification for proof of work being good actually

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://twitter.com/IRLcheologist/status/1080814961180508165

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
it's always great to get an internet crazy person

in the interview he went on for about 10000 years about why the war on drugs was bad actually

(which I didn't actually disagree with at all)

he wanted me to remove the book section on Ross because Ross was not convicted of soliciting murder, therefore he didn't do it

also i'm defaming ross

I asked if he'd go to bat the same way for Jimmy Savile, who wasn't convicted of raping children. apparently that's different tho

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Hammerite posted:

eth classic is the one where the DAO hack isn't rolled back right?

barry silbert managed to buy himself a crypto

he got coinbase to list it

loving nobody cared and he's given up

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://twitter.com/IgnotaBooks/status/1082620941560147968

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Horrormelon posted:

I'm just waiting for the day that someone says buttcoin.

I SAY, STEADY ON

in further news, KodakCoin is still dogshit. About half of this is quotes from me, so he basically saved me writing a post.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I did my own writeup of the latest KodakCoin stupidity fwiw.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

LanceHunter posted:

Small note: I think here:

I'm guessing you meant to write less instead of more.

YOU SAW NOTHING

ty

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
disconcerting actual conversation yesterday: a well-meaning non-techie telling me Uber was an example of a decentralised system that was a model for how blockchain could succeed

uh

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
oh, Brendan Eich's web browser for homophobic Nazis no longer claims it's taking donations for people who never signed up. so that's nice.

"In short run, without sounding Nietzschean, will matters. Patreon’s is weak or corrupt. Ours is not."

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://twitter.com/hoofed_locust/status/1076492872340332545

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Boxturret posted:

all the crimes it has all of them

are they permanently recorded on the bettychain

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
in other news the UK Financial Conduct Authority is doing a consultation on cryptos. Draft paper (PDF).

basically they're trying to fit a pretzel-shaped crypto into the square hole of existing laws.

I blogged about it because this is my curse now

if you're feeling like an erudite crypto skeptic anywhere in the world, you should probably respond, 'cos all the regulators talk to each other.

also, posting :wrong: into all the boxes is unlikely to make it to the final version

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
i'm writing a bitcoin skeptic piece for The Block

it's uh a lotta work

and its destiny is to attract bitcoin maximalists to my twitter mentions

why am i doing this

oh yeah the filthy fiat

(apparently they pay on time in full, which makes them princes among publications)

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

vortmax posted:

I would love to get an advance reader copy (ARC) in exchange for an honest review on Amazon.

World famous blockchain author Boxtuur de Meester swaggered forth from his famous great big bed made of money to check his crypto chain portfolio account wallet hardware. As he advanced, his dark eyes seemed to scorch the earth before him, radiating a fiery clarity that forecast his reputation for unblinking severity in all matters.

"Boxtuur!" shouted his elegant model big titty human female trophy wife quietly. "The blockchain's ICOed the crypto hacker! We have an intruder!"

It's nearly the millennium. The secret of the blood line of Satoshi has been guarded by nChain for nearly a millennium. A troubled fincel, ...!, has stumbled upon their trail. nChain will stop at nothing to keep their secret, but can the Ethereum Foundation stop them first?

this author lark's easy i could totally do this

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Boxturret posted:

none of that is true

i admit i exaggerated the tiddies for literary affect

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Boxturret posted:

why would the character have a bed made of money when that money could be put into his crypto chain portfolio account wallet hardware and make a million beds worth of money, it just doesn't make any sense 0/10

it's actually made of tiddies

well, anime body pillows

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

EorayMel posted:

The Revolution in Comedy. The New Biggest Ever Fundamental Discoveries in Humor. The experimental discovery of New Clean Renewable (Inexhaustible) Laughs.

buttcoin is comedy godl, if you could create new comedy godl mines by cut'n'paste

and you can !!

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://twitter.com/hellodivorce/status/1089954301747679232

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
did someone say buttcoin?

I had a good try

pictured: not me

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
The traditional SFYL partners that Mt. Quadriga needs to work with are not able to keep up with the demands of the growing bitcoin economy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

BMan posted:

quadriga guy ded (supposedly)

he totally died in December and the exchange and his new wife announced this in January and whoops there's no documentation that ANY OF THESE PEOPLE EXIST

but lads lads !! I found the Archive Server that Shows Sites A Week In The Future, and

Only registered members can see post attachments!

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

LethalGeek posted:

so i get an email at work about a random piece of software getting updated as a heads up incase someone asks about it and oh boy the release notes for this was :eyepoop:

https://www.evpsys.com/software/faq/crypto.html

i flatly do not believe that is a question that anyone anywhere has asked with any frequency

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Quadriga’s Litecoin "cold" wallets are being drained right this moment

I guess the ghost of Gerald Cotten’s finding the afterlife pricier than he’d expected

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Boxturret posted:

gerard cotton

david gerald

coin-cidence?

oi'm satoshi mate, y'c'n tell boi the accent

ah, "oval office"

see? totes satoshi maaaayte

:gerard:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Boxturret posted:

:gerard: why did you steal all of those people's parent's money

they were bitcoiners, they deserved it

those soros bucks don't make themselves u kno

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I expect the blockchain space to continue to be a dumpster fire, with fast-talking salesmen promoting it as a fabulous advance in household heating, lighting and fragrance technology

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

EorayMel posted:

A second death has hit the cryptos

i'm pretty sure there's a mother organism somewhere that buds off skinny redhaired women with dreadlocks, and has been since at least the 1990s in my experience

Just made a QuadrigaCX post. Remember that time your bank manager died, and suddenly all your money was gone?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Weatherman posted:

why do you use the term "fiat" instead of "real money` or even just "money". serious question

you are 100% correct, I have changed it to "both actual money and crypto"

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

...! posted:

lol :gerard: murdered a bitcoiner in mexico and then faked his own death and ran off with the millions of dollars of bitcoins from the canadian exchange he ran so i wouldn't exactly call him the best judge of wrongness

nah mate been busy workin on moi new Bitcoin Quad Rigger fork mate

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Jonny Nox posted:

Just had a wild Divabot sighting on CBC. Congrats on being the english speaking world's go-to bankster shill, (((David))).

everyone in Canada wants me on their radio show, i'll post links in due course. Did news radio 640 Toronto today, that'll be online some time soon. Doing CBC Vancouver tomorrow 3:10pm, doing a CBC podcast tomorrow.

...! posted:

It helps that the vast majority of Ars Technica commenters understand tech well enough to see that crypto/blockchains are completely pointless. And are ethical enough to be happy that Ross will be in prison forever. Always fun to see bitcoiners and Ross cultists get completely annihilated in the comments.

their Lightning Network article tried to be super-positive, and still came across as a list of reasons it was trash. The commenters went to town on it.

...! posted:

they hate all laws and regulations until the lack of said laws/regulations affects them personally

it's like you're just now learning that bitcoiners are hypocrites :rolleye:

Mt. Quadriga is literally at this stage

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://twitter.com/riskybusiness/status/1090322938975449091

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
look at the filthy sellout, writing for the crypto press. this is for decrypt media: FreedomCoin: Just another word for nothing left to lose? From the people who didn't bring you KodakCoin

as well as taking calls about quadriga, the other half of what i've been doing this week has been repeated edits on a previous version of this article. i realised it was bad and boring, wrote a version where i said what i thought of this idiocy in 2 hrs and josh quittner said that was what he'd been thinking of. i'm cooking up one for next week on quadriga already.

the other other half is a freelance piece on why bitcoin is bad actually for Foreign Policy no less, who don't pay as well but sound impressive.

here's to making more money from bitcoin than a supermajority of bitcoiners, without ever touching one!

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
if you're in Athens on Sunday, I'm hard at work on greece2.txt

https://www.onassis.org/whats-on/blockchain-utopia-or-u-turn

it's an "aren't blockchains amaaaaazing" conference

look up some of the other speakers, goodness me

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

gschmidl posted:

The entrance at the first Cryptorave party in Athens, is with the ticket that you mined, here.
Due to limited space capacity your ticket does not ensure your entry to the party for the first three concerts and line-ups.

being old i remember the 1990s, and how people like this would try to pick up chicks by talking about chaos theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I got a piece in Foreign Policy. Nocoining to the Very Serious People.