Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

How in the gently caress do you gently caress up a jackstand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
At the welds.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
This seems like as good a time as any to remind everyone of the Harbor Freight Tools Coupon Database, because you shouldn't pay full price at HF if you don't have to. :)

https://www.hfqpdb.com

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
You should absolutely not go there without at least a 20% coupon.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Godholio posted:

It kinda sucks when every fun area just reeks of weed.

ManMythLegend posted:

I agree with this. It loving sucks.

loving hard agree.

I love weed, hate the entire Las Vegas Strip smelling like brick weed, however.

I’m more of a consume in private and air out the smell type.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

loving hard agree.

I love weed, hate the entire Las Vegas Strip smelling like brick weed, however.

I’m more of a consume in private and air out the smell type.

Yeah, I'm super pro-legalization, but drat the weed my neighbors smoke is skunky as poo poo.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Tell your neighbor about this wonderful stuff called concentrates and the smell problem will greatly decrease.

It's a night and day difference in funk cloud, largely because it's vaporized instead of burnt. And that hitting a couple dabs is equivalent to a fat joint in terms of intoxicating ability. Often cheaper than flower too, because you can source concentrates from tabletop trim.

Honestly, this is probably why I don't get complaints, aside from being nice to my neighbors. When I was smoking a lot of flower it was much more noticeable in the air around here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khPfjDrCsEg

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jan 22, 2021

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB7bwyVVVMs

He does a pretty good breakdown of Q

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Saw the email update, happy to hear your father is doing better Mr Nice!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nick Soapdish posted:

Saw the email update, happy to hear your father is doing better Mr Nice!

He's coming along, and I'm grateful. His work has been amazing and have kept him on salary for four months now even though he hasn't been capable of much. He's starting back at work next week part time and will be easing into more and more as his physical therapy comes along. He's already on the phone an hour or two a day with coworkers helping them troubleshoot problems, so he'll be a benefit back in the shop even if he can't physically turn wrenches at the moment.

My step-mom, on the other hand, believes vaccine conspiracy theories. He's trying to show her the light. He's getting round two of his vaccine next week.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
New Alan Tudyk show premiered tonight on syfy, Resident Alien. Previews looked really good.

E: Linda Hamilton is in it too.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 28, 2021

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

linda hamilton owns forever

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Seriously, I'll give anything she's in a chance.

I'll watch it tomorrow when it's on demand, or when it reruns tomorrow night. Only realized 20 minutes after it started that I was missing it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

New Alan Tudyk show premiered tonight on syfy, Resident Alien. Previews looked really good.

E: Linda Hamilton is in it too.

The commercials looked good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
This is the teaser they released a few weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EU2VjWNN_o

It's been getting decent press too, for a syfy show.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i uhh

beatboxing

in 2021

why the gently caress not

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Probably gonna pull the trigger on this system in the next couple of hours unless the folks at the PC Building megathread have some recommendation or point out an oversight.

Getting that case-building itch real fierce-like at the moment.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard ($139.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: be quiet! Straight Power 11 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($119.90 @ Amazon)
Total: $614.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-29 03:01 EST-0500

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Probably gonna pull the trigger on this system in the next couple of hours unless the folks at the PC Building megathread have some recommendation or point out an oversight.

Getting that case-building itch real fierce-like at the moment.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard ($139.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: be quiet! Straight Power 11 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($119.90 @ Amazon)
Total: $614.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-29 03:01 EST-0500

Are you transplanting a video card?

If not Are you sure the 5600X has a GPU built in because PCPartPicker says no.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nystral posted:

Are you transplanting a video card?

If not Are you sure the 5600X has a GPU built in because PCPartPicker says no.

Oh yeah, I'm keeping my RTX2060 for now, because a) I'm still happy with its performance and b) GPU prices, especially for the 30x are still absolutely stupid.
Gonna wait until May/June at the soonest to maybe grab a 3070 or 3080.

I had originally planned to wait until late March to buy a complete system, but since it looks like GPU prices still won't be in the non-stupid range by then, and all other components are in a perfectly normal range, I figured I'd just grab a new and beefier system now, run it with my 2060 and then look at GPUs later when the prices no longer make my eyes bleed.

I'm really excited to see the impact of an m2.nvme, since it's my first one.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Its a good build.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

be careful with the new 5000-series AMD chips, quite a few are turning out to be defective and even worse people are getting defective replacements when RMA'd.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm really excited to see the impact of an m2.nvme, since it's my first one.

I went from a 7200rpm HDD to an m2.nvme. Shits like magic it’s so fast.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

MA-Horus posted:

be careful with the new 5000-series AMD chips, quite a few are turning out to be defective and even worse people are getting defective replacements when RMA'd.

Welp, I did a bit of reading up on the individual components over the last couple of days, but outside of the occasional user RMAing their CPU, I didn't see any actual concerning trends.
If it turns out to be an actual systemic issue and ends up happening to me, I'll probably just overnight a 3600 and demand a refund.

They're both AM4, and for the 3600 at least I'm 100% sure that customers are happy with it.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I went from a 7200rpm HDD to an m2.nvme. Shits like magic it’s so fast.

I went from a 7200 WD to an SSD and already felt like a different era, but the step up from SATA to an m2.nvme is apparently yet another proper leap. I can't imagine how going straight from HDD to m2.nvme must have felt like.

/edit:
Once this thing gets here, I think I'm going to dig up Doom again and rip-and-tear the poo poo out of it, but still leave Death Stranding and Cyberpunk mothballed until I buy a new graphics card. I was really looking forward to Cyberpunk on a new GPU, but ever since I started Death Stranding, that game has me much more excited to play on 4K out-the-rear end-Ultra settings.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 29, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I have a 3600 and am a big fan.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Mr. Nice! posted:

i sure hope so, they run pretty hot!

i bought a 3800x earlier this month and slapped a 512gb m2 drive in there for games, totally worth it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

The 3600 was actually my original pick, but I've had a solid surplus of my monthly savings budget even after adjusting it post-raise in August and since the cars we're building at work slowly kill me inside, I decided I was okay with paying 150 extra euroubles for another 24% performance hike over the 22% improvement I was already getting versus my 1600. The 3600 seems like a really drat solid CPU, so much so that the recommendation for it in the 2019 OP of the PC Building megathread still holds true today.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Currently renovating my bathroom with my in-laws help.

Finished gutting it and now just getting gang boxes setup and running romex before moving onto the plumbing. Hiring someone to do the tiling though because lol, gently caress that.

My wife wants to learn how to do the wiring though, so while my FIL is showing her how to do that, I've got nothing to do so I decided since the drywall is removed from two walls and I've got the fish tape already running down to my basement mine as well finish my ethernet project and finish the last three runs to the upstairs portion of the house. Just using the old phone outlets for drops to make things easier on myself.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes I get really jealous of people who don’t have to run conduit for electrical.

(Code in Chicagoland requires it (for likely bullshit union* reasons))

*I totally support unions and labor organizing but poo poo like this is just needlessly excessive.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Thwomp posted:

Sometimes I get really jealous of people who don’t have to run conduit for electrical.

(Code in Chicagoland requires it (for likely bullshit union* reasons))

*I totally support unions and labor organizing but poo poo like this is just needlessly excessive.

I assume that the real world result is that nobody pulls a permit and just has a lot of self or unlicensed work done under the table.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Just installed a bidet.

Get a bidet. Seriously. This owns. I almost want to go drink a bunch of milk just to poop a lot.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

boop the snoot posted:

Just installed a bidet.

Get a bidet. Seriously. This owns. I almost want to go drink a bunch of milk just to poop a lot.

Welcome to the club.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Bidets are a game changer.

We have a basic one that cost about 40 bucks but for our bathroom reno, we bought a really fancy one that has a heated seat and a fan to dry you.

Looking forward to blowing hot air at my rear end.

\/\/ :lol:

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 1, 2021

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Handsome Ralph posted:

Bidets are a game changer.

We have a basic one that cost about 40 bucks but for our bathroom reno, we bought a really fancy one that has a heated seat and a fan to dry you.

Looking forward to blowing hot air at my rear end.

I do that already, using a $15 paint stripper from Sears :haw:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm two hours into Tenet (OR AM I? :confuoot:), and Christopher Nolan can eat every instance of my rear end, past present and future, paralell ones too

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm two hours into Tenet (OR AM I? :confuoot:), and Christopher Nolan can eat every instance of my rear end, past present and future, paralell ones too

Someone needs to sit that motherfucker down and explain to him that it might be important for audiences to be able to make out the dialogue.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i liked tenet a bunch but i def need to rewatch it

def not as good as interstellar but denzel jr was dope as hell in it

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’ve been rewatching The Wire. It owns.

“I don’t know about cards, but these 4-5s beat a full house” is the greatest one liner in television.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Someone needs to sit that motherfucker down and explain to him that it might be important for audiences to be able to make out the dialogue.

O genuinely thought I had hosed up something while extracting the dts track or converting it to aac, but it turns out that's how it was intended

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i liked tenet a bunch but i def need to rewatch it

def not as good as interstellar but denzel jr was dope as hell in it

:aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
His name is John David and he's one of several children of Denzel. You might know him from Ballers.