Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i had a jeep once

never ever ever again. Biggest pile of crap Ive driven

if you own a jeep then im sorry and just ignore my opinion

Cam bearings are consumables (in 4.0L).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ex drove a grand cherokee that basically every electrical part that could die did

she had paid for a extended warranty as it was usedz

after about $2k of repairs i asked about the warranty. Whoops! they took the cash but never put it in and never told us! Then when i asked for paperwork on all the repairs they did they asked me to leave before they called the cops.

Called lawyer on way home. After i walked through the door the dealership was calling me asking me to take my lawyer off them. I told them to eat my entire rear end in a top hat.

Next day I had a check in hand for the missing warranty.

Best part? ex's cousin worked there. and that made for fun fireworks.

never ever ever putting a cent to them again

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Wrong thread.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Musket Missive has an Instagram now.

Still wondering if I should do an Onlyfans.

https://www.instagram.com/musketmissive/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

McNally posted:

Musket Missive has an Instagram now.

Still wondering if I should do an Onlyfans.

https://www.instagram.com/musketmissive/

shirtless mcnally holding a musket erotically

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

There is a reason why i got MSRP price for my 2018 tacoma and only paid like 200 dollars for my 2021 crosstrek limited

no, not 200 a month, 200 in total.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

There is a reason why i got MSRP price for my 2018 tacoma and only paid like 200 dollars for my 2021 crosstrek limited

no, not 200 a month, 200 in total.

Cause you're dead sexy? :heysexy:

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

orange juche posted:

I may as well go with GD's benefit program and get a car from like Jeep or something. They have a deal where you get it, no hassle, 1% under dealer invoice, which is honestly a screaming loving deal, but it's a Jeep, which means you're going to be busted on the side of the road a lot, since they can't seem to make vehicles that don't implode and leave you stuck.

They also have one with Ford/Lincoln(who buys a Lincoln?), BMW, and Volvo for similar deals.

Maybe it's time to (belatedly) embrace my enlisted heritage, and go with a Mustang (V8 because I'm not a loving heathen)

What's GD?

Also, I own a Jeep, but I priced in the super extended warranty when doing my cost comparison because...FCA.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Evil SpongeBob posted:

What's GD?

Also, I own a Jeep, but I priced in the super extended warranty when doing my cost comparison because...FCA.

I work for General Dynamics (GD), they have partner agreements with a few automakers for their employees to be able to get vehicles for what is essentially fleet price. If it saves me from the dealer marking that poo poo up to hell I think I might take the offer. Several large companies provide some sort of vehicle purchase program like this.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If you're ever so drat bored, go to NHSTA's recall and complaint website and read through the problems that have come up with jeeps. If you somehow finish them for the past decade of model years, move on to Ram pickups.

I usually just google "(year)(model) nhtsa recalls" to feed my FCA hate.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I was in my brother's '07 wrangler going down the road at about 45mph when the front diff grenaded spontaneously, ever felt your rear end in a top hat try to eat the cloth off the seat? cause that's what happened as we loving swerved across the center line and then wound up facing the other direction after the axle halves fell out and the steering rack stopped working suddenly at highway speed.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wouldn't buy a Wrangler after 2000, but the 4.0L hung around until I think 2006 before getting axed. Even with oil pressure problems and typical Chrysler wiring (loving fusible links), I'd take the 4.0L over anything they drop in them today. Fuel efficiency be damned.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

orange juche posted:

Cause you're dead sexy? :heysexy:

Only my wife finds me sexy.

I still dont know how

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ford can probably give me the best deal on a vehicle through the purchase program but god dammit they went all in on "nobody wants cars" and went all truck/suv BS. Motherfucker I want a car, give me a Ford Focus or Fiesta or whatever and I'd be happy as hell!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche posted:

Ford can probably give me the best deal on a vehicle through the purchase program but god dammit they went all in on "nobody wants cars" and went all truck/suv BS. Motherfucker I want a car, give me a Ford Focus or Fiesta or whatever and I'd be happy as hell!

seriously, its insane

some people want hatchbacks!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

the ford mondeo is all the car anyone ever needs

change my mind

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

change my mind

at least the st 220

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1OBqrfIQOM

and im gonna disagree with the gti, or any golf you choose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VwgvIqXg3A

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jan 11, 2022

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

change my mind

(Once every 5 years)

Oh no I need to move a couch

(buys F150)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

(Once every 5 years)

Oh no I need to move a couch

(rents pickup)

fixed

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A trailer solves most of my problems. My biggest concern is the weight I can tow. Outback owner's manual says 2500lbs, but my receiver says 4000lbs. As long as I'm not driving down any big hills (brakes) I should be okay between those numbers.

I'll find out this summer if I decide to buy a chainsaw and go cut up trees in the forest under post & pole rules from the forest service. At this point, it will probably be cheaper to cut up a bunch of year or two old deadfall and rent a bandsaw mill than pay for lumber for the cabin.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

at least the st 220

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1OBqrfIQOM

and im gonna disagree with the gti, or any golf you choose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VwgvIqXg3A

I mean i can't get an m135i anyways because USA lol. The 135 isn't for sale new in the US, and the 1M isn't eligible for discount pricing/invoice pricing, which means i'd be paying $BMW money. I think i'd get like... $2000 off or whatever, if it wasn't an M car.

Golf GTI also isn't eligible because volkswagen, but lol volkswagen just feeling like charging 12-19% over MSRP across the entire country.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

worst i saw was the $40k dealer upcharge for the hybrid rav4

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

worst i saw was the $40k dealer upcharge for the hybrid rav4

that dealer sticker was from up the street from were we bought a car last month.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

A trailer solves most of my problems. My biggest concern is the weight I can tow. Outback owner's manual says 2500lbs, but my receiver says 4000lbs. As long as I'm not driving down any big hills (brakes) I should be okay between those numbers.

The receiver is a bolt-on piece that doesn't know a thing about your brakes, suspension, transmission, or fluid cooling. The manual is going to be conservative, but I'd stay away from 4000. Your wheelbase is probably long enough you won't get tossed off the road, as long as you load the trailer properly.

I see people with overloaded trailers way more often than I can understand, and it can get a bit terrifying.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Especially don't exceed the payload weight with the trailer tongue or else you'll be doing all your turning with the rear wheels.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, I'm pretty aware of the limits of my Outback. I wouldn't feel comfortable with 4k pounds behind me, 3000ish is my personal limit. I don't think the FB25 really has enough rear end to it to pull more than 2k pounds up hill worth a poo poo anyhow. Flat valley floor though, 3k sounds fine. This makes finding a small travel trailer I could pull rather difficult.

Really should have just paid the extra money to put an EZ36 in when the old engine was swapped out. Another 70hp~ would be so nice, especially in the mountain passes.

I'm pretty good about trailer loads, I just don't tow very often so I get very Hank Hill about tying poo poo down and working on balance and tongue weight. Never had so much as a light death wobble.

I do love spotting overloaded trailers on the road. Always brings a smile to my face.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 12, 2022

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I towed a 1000lbs car trailer with a 2400lbs Mitsubishi on it behind my Forester once. Once I hit 80kmph/50mph it started doing an ugly, scary wobble and I barely regained control. Never doing that at speed again. In fact, never doing that again period.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
https://twitter.com/gusselsprouts/s...ingawful.com%2F

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Just watched a documentary on an Arctic submarine. I was captivated, they chatted nobles and commoners and painted a really respectable picture of those folks.

The chat scenes with background images of gears, controls, conduits and knowledge of big water outside was really striking. Really impressive.

Your pants suck but I still have respect.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The Celine Dion concert I have tickets for finally got cancelled.

I bought them in 2019.

:cry:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

boop the snoot posted:

The Celine Dion concert I have tickets for finally got cancelled.

I bought them in 2019.

:cry:

Your heart will go on

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Think I saw an article about her cancelling a bunch of Vegas shows too. Due to her health, not the pandemic.

Sorry to hear, bud. Would've been a great show.

Everyone should get a chance to see a diva show. Mine was Whitney Houston in '99. I'm getting old.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 20, 2022

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I completely understand cancelling for health reasons. Anyone who thinks she should perform or postpone forever is an rear end in a top hat.

Bummed though. She’s Queen Celine. And the primary reason I want to go is for the reason you said — to see a diva show. I would have held on to these tickets forever.

I wonder if Adele is touring…

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wouldn't turn down a Mariah Carey show, personally.

E: Though at this point, I'd be picky about the venue. Really want to see a show at Red Rocks someday, preferably with an orchestra behind whoever I'd see.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
My tickets for the Glass Animals and Hamilton have just been rescheduled again to 2023. Im sure I'll be free and present on whatever night they reschedule to.

Waiting phone for a refund rn

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Anyone have any leads on reputable Canadian pharmacies? My RX plan just dropped coverage of one of my pills that was already $$ and pushed it into $$$$ territory.

loving American Healthcare system.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I wouldn't turn down a Mariah Carey show, personally.

Seen her regular show and her Christmas thing and it's all recorded, she can only pretend to hit her whistle register, which is... fine, I guess? It's pretty disappointing to see someone pretend to sing their old stuff instead of trying something new.

It's not like Mariah is an iconic dancer or anything either so it feels even sillier watching her fake-pitch-check her ear out of time.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nystral posted:

Anyone have any leads on reputable Canadian pharmacies? My RX plan just dropped coverage of one of my pills that was already $$ and pushed it into $$$$ territory.

loving American Healthcare system.

pm sent, I have always received my orders from a specific place but caveat emptor and all that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh, didn't know that about Mariah. I knew she couldn't hit the highest of high notes anymore, but I didn't realize she's basically pulling an Ashlee Simpson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I will say the friends I went with had a loving blast but Mariah fans get dolphin-horse-person crazy real fast so grain of salt.