Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

boop the snoot posted:

I completely understand cancelling for health reasons. Anyone who thinks she should perform or postpone forever is an rear end in a top hat.

Bummed though. She’s Queen Celine. And the primary reason I want to go is for the reason you said — to see a diva show. I would have held on to these tickets forever.

I wonder if Adele is touring…

Bad news I'm afraid

https://twitter.com/AP_Europe/status/1484491544979718146?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Watched a French movie last night on amazon prime called Mama Weed. It was about an older woman who works for the cops as an arabic translator, who comes into a shitload of hash. Solid foreign drug movie, worth the subtitles.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Lol thought I had allergies finally got a test nope COVID

At least I found out after I had been at work with antivaxxers all day.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Wasabi the J posted:

Lol thought I had allergies finally got a test nope COVID

At least I found out after I had been at work with antivaxxers all day.

i had it last month with the kids.

Red Mucinex (liquid if you can) and the red box of Sudafed are the only meds that touch it. I had one night of fever and a week of feeling ugh after getting it with being vaxed and boosted.

GF wasnt boosted yet and would almost definately had been in the hospital if she hadnt been vaxxed. A week of feeling like death and brain fogginess to make it even more fun. Still doesnt have her taste or smell back. I can taste and smell fine.

kids are all fine. 4 year old had it and had absolutely no symptoms, not even a fever.

if you get brain fogginess then drink more water. Doc i talked to said they dont know anything about it but being hydrated helps it a ton.

also when the fever breaks just make sure to take it easy and dont push it. it takes a while to bounce back

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It's like day 2 of symptoms but looking back it may have been 3.

I'm not kidding I just have a post nasal drip and a little sore spot in my throat, and was a little tired yesterday, but I chalked that up to the Benadryl, which made my symptoms better, so I thought it was allergies, and not even strong ones. .

Paranoia made me test.

Fingers crossed I don't get worse or drop dead from a heart attack at 40 or something now.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jan 23, 2022

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wasabi the J posted:

It's like day 2 of symptoms but looking back it may have been 3.

I'm not kidding I just have a post nasal drip and a little sore spot in my throat, and was a little tired yesterday, but I chalked that up to the Benadryl, which made my symptoms better, so I thought it was allergies, and not even strong ones. .

Paranoia made me test.

Fingers crossed I don't get worse or drop dead from a heart attack at 40 or something now.

I had the same thing last week. Got a PCR (Day 7/8) test out of an abundance of caution. Took a week (Day 14), but came back negative. Worst case scenario, I learned everything I needed to know about how the various testing systems work (which I absolutely did not know before last week), and now have an in at a clinic if I need to get a rapid test done.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Vicks chloraseptic spray worked wonders for my sore throat when I had covid. Granted I had to swig and gargle the stuff rather than just spraying it

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm good I can even sing. Just a bit tired and the sore throat only bugs me if I swallow weird.

Flonase and water and a Benadryl at night (kinda to sleep / kinda turns down the drip).

I'm also still on a steroid from my dental reaction the other week:

Brush and floss EVERY DAY KIDS.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
BTW I had a bit of cough before bed the other night but otherwise completely asymptomatic now.

Also Peacemaker is the funniest poo poo on TV right now. Speaks to the veteran soul hard.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm good I can even sing. Just a bit tired and the sore throat only bugs me if I swallow weird.

Flonase and water and a Benadryl at night (kinda to sleep / kinda turns down the drip).

I'm also still on a steroid from my dental reaction the other week:

Brush and floss EVERY DAY KIDS.

drat was your dentist punching you while they had you sedated?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Grip it and rip it posted:

drat was your dentist punching you while they had you sedated?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB7R0ZxNgC4

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I was Seymour in my senior year production.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Just posting something my stepkid did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMTNndCzjD8

also HOLY poo poo

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

ElMaligno posted:

also HOLY poo poo

3:13 to diagnose and 2:31 to solve, FOH. I'm off to tear up my degree on principle.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I don't know how anyone can hold all that in memory at one time. Like I can understand the 20 operation maximum for a 3x3 cube being something you can hang onto under a blindfold once you figure out the solution, but a megaminx is an absurd number of possible combinations? Impressive. Scary impressive.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
It's not as hard as it looks, all it takes is a lot of learning the pattern of the thing, and getting your practice to the point where your muscle-memory just runs through several iterations of the same operation until you solve the thing, nbd.

(...is what I tell myself to not go insane by watching people pull off inhuman feats of skill)

On the other hand, have some very human feats of non-skill, courtesy of my favorite ford channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm3vIQgBHdA

Trigger warning for people that cannot endure the tortured sounds of dying waterlogged engines.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
It's 2022 and people are still driving their shitboxes into water. :negative:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Naked Bear posted:

It's 2022 and people are still driving their shitboxes into water. :negative:

As if they ever stopped

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It's not as hard as it looks, all it takes is a lot of learning the pattern of the thing, and getting your practice to the point where your muscle-memory just runs through several iterations of the same operation until you solve the thing, nbd.

(...is what I tell myself to not go insane by watching people pull off inhuman feats of skill)

On the other hand, have some very human feats of non-skill, courtesy of my favorite ford channel:

Trigger warning for people that cannot endure the tortured sounds of dying waterlogged engines.

Rufford Ford is a great fount of schadenfreude

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Duzzy Funlop posted:

that jeep grand cherokee guy just bashed through that poo poo like he was running from the cops

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yes.... but blindfolded? You have to solve and memorize all those operations! Iteration only works if you can see the changes you made with the previous move!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ElMaligno posted:

also HOLY poo poo

Jesus that's impressive.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Reacher is going to be so dumb, I can't wait.

e: not disappointed.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 4, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Who's playing Reacher, Channing Tatum? At a minimum, he's got to be better than Tom Cruise. He at least fits the description more accurately.

E: Alan Ritchson, but I won't fix my fuckup guess.

I've fallen into an olympic curling hole. I have poo poo to do, but watching curling is like developing a weird addiction.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Who's playing Reacher, Channing Tatum? At a minimum, he's got to be better than Tom Cruise. He at least fits the description more accurately.

E: Alan Ritchson, but I won't fix my fuckup guess.

I've fallen into an olympic curling hole. I have poo poo to do, but watching curling is like developing a weird addiction.

I've gotten through 2 episodes and some change, and some of it is a bit campy, but I can see why everyone was mad about Cruise now.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just started Reacher and I gotta say, immediately better done than just throwing money at Tom Cruise.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Tom Cruise seems to turn everything he's done lately into poo poo like a reverse Midas

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Just started Reacher and I gotta say, immediately better done than just throwing money at Tom Cruise.

I didn't read the books, and didn't particularly mind the movies, so when ever everyone got mad, I was just like, idgi, this wasn't supposed to be a modern art masterpiece (also I'm obviously partial to Pittsburgh, so pretty cinematography and "Drifter drives around town beating up yinzers" was very near to my heart. e: And Warner Herzog) Second one would have been trash without Cobie Smulders.

And then I watched the first episode of this, and went "Oh, yeah they really hosed that up"

e: lol forgot about Robert Duval in the first one. I enjoyed that.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 4, 2022

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Speaking of tv shows, anyone else watching Pam and Tommy? First episode was pretty good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I haven't, but from the commercials, the actors are spot on matches for Pam and Tommy circa mid-90s. I'll probably check it out eventually.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I didn't read the books, and didn't particularly mind the movies, so when ever everyone got mad, I was just like, idgi, this wasn't supposed to be a modern art masterpiece (also I'm obviously partial to Pittsburgh, so pretty cinematography and "Drifter drives around town beating up yinzers" was very near to my heart. e: And Warner Herzog) Second one would have been trash without Cobie Smulders.

And then I watched the first episode of this, and went "Oh, yeah they really hosed that up"

e: lol forgot about Robert Duval in the first one. I enjoyed that.

I've read every one of the Reacher books (they're a bonding thing for my dad and I) and Tom Cruise got the tone, if not the physical aspect, of the character down. But yeah, hard to suspend disbelief since Reacher is supposed to be basically a shaved gorilla and Tom Cruise, well, isn't.

Looking forward to the miniseries. The Reacher franchise, whether in print or on the screen, is just fun popcorn entertainment.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm on the third episode and I'm enjoying it. It's refreshing to see a new face in an action role.

Tom Cruise suffers from the same problem as Nic Cage. Everything he acted in after a point (not sure when exactly), it was just Tom Cruise cosplaying whatever action hero the movie was about. Almost like he's Mike Rowe and every Dirty Job is a several hundred million dollar budget blockbuster.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
It's time for another shirt!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I want to give you a hug you little cutie. And yes breathe.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

"I'm not a vagrant, I'm a hobo" *chef's kiss*

e: They went hard in the paint with the finale. I was cackling. Definitely Top 10 episodes I've ever watched, probably Top 5.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 5, 2022

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Hooray!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Reacher has already been renewed for another season.

Reacher owns.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Reacher owns.

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the poo poo out of it. The actress who plays Roscoe has been a great foil to Reacher as well.

Also- The Mandalorian/Book of Boba Fett has been what the Star Wars sequel trilogy should have been. They’re doing so much of a better job of making the saga’s universe feel lived in and authentic than the sequels. If anything, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver and the rest of the cast’s talents were wasted servicing a pretty mediocre story. Each of those movies had their cool moments but nothing on par with their episodic predecessors.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Reacher owns.

Dope news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Watching Peacemaker with friends explaining how this is literally how the military runs; just a bunch of abused and manipulated assholes trying to do the right thing through incredible violence.